Pathfinder 2nd edition: Abomination Vaults Adventure Path. (Closed)

Started by Revelation, March 01, 2024, 11:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

Character Name: Flint
Ancestry: Human (Duskwalker)
Background: Starwatcher
Class: Fighter

Flint was originally from Otari, or someplace close by, though he can't remember exactly.  His memories are a little vague since his return from the dead but Otari does feature prominently in them and he can feel an attachment to the place and that was the reason why he returned. 

In his previous life, Flint left the Otari area seeking glory and money and his adventuring carried him far from his home.  At some point, Flint was slain.  The exact details of his death are hazy, but he does remember feeling an intense desire to avenge himself upon his slayer.  It was this desire that caused his spirit to forsake the Boneyard and return to the world to obtain his revenge.   

Returning to life as a Duskwalker, Flint found himself filled with the need for revenge but possessing no details as to who the target of his revenge is.  The exact manner of his death eluded him, leaving only vague images and emotions.  With nothing else to guide him, Flint decided to retrace his steps in the hopes of uncovering what he needs to do.  This led him back to Otari.

Shortly after returning to Otari, Flint ended up befriending Wrin Sivinxi.  He would spend hours listening to her talk about the Cosmic Caravan and reading through books in her shop.  As they spent more and more time together, Flint began to question his purpose for returning to the world.  Perhaps he returned not for revenge but for another reason.

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Saric

Quote from: Hexed on March 08, 2024, 01:16:15 PMNever did get far in ddo. To many builds I wanted to try. )

I completely agree about the backup healer. Hell a slight change n kineticist would have all day healing of sorts.

But other classes can learn spells in 2e?

Gotta look into this as that makes a couple interesting twists to characters I've fiddled with.
I can highly recommend the halfling wizard, it also makes solo quests incredibly easy when you have a +2 to heal checks and three cure light wounds per rest! And that's the basic Least dragonmark of healing without the higher level versions or the Dragonmark enhancement trait that gives extra uses. I think by level 18 I was a wizard rocking 4 Heals, 7 Cure Serious wounds, and something like 8 or 9 Cure Light Wounds? And that's all 'per day' so I'd get every use back on rest. I was literally out healing the cleric on some dungeons, while throwing around Scorching Rays, Acid Bursts, Resist Energy and whatever else was needed. Broken as hell. Works with pretty much any non-melee class too, the small size of halflings just kind of puts the breaks on any weapon based classes because of the lost of weapon damage.

Right! That's along the Water line right? I know it from 1e but I'm not familiar with 2e Kineticist.

Learn a Spell
The given example for needing the right skill for your magic tradition is a Cleric multiclassed with Bard, that's pretty clear to me! Still can only learn spells from your own tradition but that still opens a lot of doors!
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Revelation

Hello hello, I have been busy the last two days so this is a batch reply.

Quote from: AndyZ on March 06, 2024, 07:19:52 PMI sent you a bunch in Discord, and if they're ALL AI, I'll figure something else out.
I will let you know which ones pass when I can, should be a bit later today.

Quote from: Saric on March 06, 2024, 08:04:32 PMParela Passionborn
I see no issues.

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 08, 2024, 01:52:00 PMSpeaking of healing, I'm leaning into Champion, Cleric, or Druid - I haven't gotten to fiddle with the Golarion deities in forever, time to reacquaint myself :)
Just keep in mind Champion is due to eventually receive updates to bring it on par with the other classes as Paizo feels it weak at the moment. If that's fine with you, it's no bother to me.

Quote from: Grizzly on March 08, 2024, 02:48:16 PMFlint
Looks fine.

I will be setting a deadline of Sunday the 10th at 8 PM EST for characters. After that I will be rereading every submitted character and will likely post the acceptances on that evening or Monday morning.

Saric

@Revelation
Having read deeper into Sorcerer and spontaneous casters I forgot how much worse they were at simple spell casting then prepared casters. If it's not too much bother I'd like to switch to a Wizard multiclassed with ether Oracle or Witch with a divine patron. Same basic backstory and intent as a dedicated magic user with healing remains.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Revelation

Quote from: Saric on March 09, 2024, 07:50:54 PM@Revelation
Having read deeper into Sorcerer and spontaneous casters I forgot how much worse they were at simple spell casting then prepared casters. If it's not too much bother I'd like to switch to a Wizard multiclassed with ether Oracle or Witch with a divine patron. Same basic backstory and intent as a dedicated magic user with healing remains.
This is fine. Just edit the pitch accordingly.

Callie Del Noire

Revelation

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 10, 2024, 11:10:58 AMUh. Curious you taking any 2e format or remaster?
I would prefer people use the remastered version of PF2 material when applicable.

Callie Del Noire

Ah. So you’d be okay with an automaton inventor with a construct pet?

Revelation

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 10, 2024, 11:17:48 AMAh. So you’d be okay with an automaton inventor with a construct pet?
Automaton are a rare race, and probably the most unique/different race for an application yet. I admit I am a bit sketch on giving it the OK, but if you want to submit one, I won't say no to it.

Chulanowa

Character Name: Delwyn Lal
Ancestry: Human (Half-Elf)
Background: Bibliophille
Class: Magus

Delwyn is the youngest son in a family of well-off Absalom merchants. With the money and connections that came with that, of course young Delwyn received training in swordplay and even tutelage in some magic. Though this was common practice just to say you had such schooling, the young man took to both arts quite well, insisting on using magic in his training bouts and blades as a focus for his spells... to the annoyance of both tutors. At least Gormif Thann, the gnome schooling him in sorcery, managed to get him to "look dignified with a staff."

After a few years of being a small-time menace among the circles of new-money bravos in Absalom, however, it was time for change (not the least to get away from the heat of some aggravated lenders.) As it happened, the elder Lalas - Amythe and Niccol - had decided to leave eldest son Niccoli in charge of the family business, and retire to "the countryside" - Otari. Delwyn opted to accompany them.

Things since had been delightfully dull - There's a lovely forest, a beautiful coast, a horrible swamp, and Oh, the bookstore! Away from the snickering and sarcasm of his Absalom peers, Delwyn can indulge in all manner of reading with but a few coins and a visit to Odd Stories. Morlibint doesn't care if Delwyn walks out with a trashy pillowbook or a ridiculous novel about a hero fighting automatons in distant Numeria.

Indeed, Otari is a perfectly nice, relaxing place, and it's starting to make Delwyn itch. Maybe there's something worth poking around in the ruins for...

Callie Del Noire

Character Name: Armory Unit 17

Ancestry: Automaton, sharpshooter
Background: Alkenstar Tinkerer
Class: Inventor

it doesn’t remember it’s origins, it had been millennia since the Jiskan Empire folded after destroying the Osirani empire. Then he woke with no recall of his past. A pathfinder society member, a gnome by the name of Neblin‘Ninefingers’ Nevlin had found his core in a jiskan ruin and spent months building a frame to house the Automaton core.

waking in Alkenstar he was taught by Neblin the ways of invention and engineering  which he took to heart building a rough construct and automaton core he tittle D.O.G.Y. It was a huge beast, as bit as a horse and powerful in a fight.  With it he followed Neblin to Otari and settled there to work as a smith. While he settled into the role of an adventurer looking for lost Jiskan technologies. He is searching for clues to his old existence and how he came to be where the society found his ruined body and inactive core.

Revelation

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Revelation on March 10, 2024, 04:22:04 PMSeems fine. No issues with the character.
I see no issues with the character.

Adding these two to the list.

groovy. Thanks. 

Revelation

Good evening everyone.

Recruitment is now closed for this game. I will be posting the party list tomorrow - busyish night for me tonight, and I want to give this a good bit of thought. But I will post in this topic tomorrow with my decisions.

Revelation

Good evening all.

It’s been an eventful day for myself, but I did say I would post my character decisions today. I have received 12 submissions and if I had the acumen and time I would probably just run 2 games of 6 and see how it goes. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to do so. I said I would choose 5, and as much as it pains me to sick to it, I will do so. I have made my selection, and the following 5 characters are the ones I have picked.

FoxGirlJay - Lora Syyvi, Goblin Psychic
Pdragon - Nisha Free, Human Beastkin Monk
Ershin - Kucheka "Cackle" Sonzwaphi, Gnoll Thaumaturge
Hexed - Silun Vopiscus, Nephilim Human Kineticist
Saric - Parela Passionborn - Ancient Elf Sorcerer

This was absolutely not easy, and I regret that I could not choose more as every character submitted was great. I apologize to the candidates who didn’t make it in, and I whole heartedly encourage you to send me a PM should you wish to be considered for backup players in case something happens to the selected 5 players.

To those that I have chosen, I will be sending a discord invite via PM shortly.

Thank you for your time.