Fast and Furious: A game of illegal street racing (Need M and F)

Started by Shadow879, May 20, 2012, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow879

Some people are born artists, speed junkies, criminals, or car fanatics; but there are a select few that are born all of these things and more.  Usually such interests are hobbies or a way to earn a living, but in a neighborhood where your choices are limited, and there's power in numbers, being a part of a group is the only way to survive and indulge in your passions at the same time.  In this case, it's the wild and highly illegal world of street racing in San Diego; where it's more than your name on the line.  It's here where your talent at building cars, and your meddle behind the wheel is tested, and it's all about speed, and winning.

I'm interested in starting a game centered around street racing, or more specifically, a street racing club.  It would work as a cohesive family of sorts, every member of the club loyal to the family above all else.  It would comprise of a group of people that all grew up in the same neighborhood, who've known each other almost their whole lives, and who distrust outsiders as much as they do cops.  There will be no one who just happens to walk in the door and joins the club automatically.  The secondary cast are all connected to the club through the shop or through family, but they would not be in on the actual illegal activities that go along with being a member, they wouldn't be privy to details; but they would still be considered family, and loyalty would still be expected.

DISCLAIMER

I did not create this originally. undisclosedtoyou made this, and credit should go to her. I modified a few little things here and there to suit my fancy. I am looking for another specific character in this game. I am looking for the Brains/Mechanic slot to be my partner-in-crime if you will, the best of friends for a long time, and things get steamy during the roleplay, and possibly get together as a couple?

I am not looking to run this game. I am looking to have someone else run the game, I just want to play this game again.   Link to old interest check thread.    Link to old game.  Link to old OOC thread  Link to character profiles.   I put these links in here just for inspiration purposes in case someone sees something specific. I want to keep it Fast and the Furious styled, though.

Tags/Warnings

NC: Human small groups
    Written depictions of criminal activity/possible drug use.
    Possible attempted rape scenario, if it is so desired by the RPers. If anyone has a problem with it, then this game will just get placed in Bondage.

Guidelines

I reserve the right to ask prospective players to edit their submitted character sheet's if I see something that needs editing.  But I'm not heavy handed about this, so it'll only be for major things that I see need editing.
    Player collaboration is not just suggest, but needed when working out each characters histories.  This is only because, they would have all known each other for most of their lives, and some common events are inevitable.

Cast of Characters

Main Cast

Co-Leader/Driver/Junk/Scrap-Yard Owner(Male):
Co-Leader/Driver/Mechanic(male):
Brains/Mechanic(female):
Car Graphics Designer/Driver(female):
Black Market Liason/Driver(Male):
Driver/Mechanic: Rosha Kovotulyin (ME!)

Secondary Cast

Leo's Sister/Unofficial Club Member(Female):
Junk/scrap-yard Worker/Mechanic(Male):
Auto-Shop Worker/Childhood Friend(Female):

Character Template

[Characters Name Here]

Age: (18+. Usually I don't set an age limit beyond E's rules, but this club would have been active for a few years now, and would have also grown up together, so you should probably make your character 20 at minimum.)
Position in Club:
Specialty: (Mechanic/Graphics designing/Racing/other)
Personality:
History:
Physical Description: (Preferably a real picture, no hentai/anime. Written descriptions are accepted, but preferably a pic)
Extra Info: (Anything else you feel like inserting.)

Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Blobbe

I was a part of the last one, and i'd be happy to give it another shot, but only if it's in Bondage. If it's in NC, then I'm out, sorry.

Shadow879

We'll just stick it in bondage then.

Glad to have you back :P I just hope interest picks up :(

Playing your same char as before?

JDrew Spider

This is interesting. I'd be interested.

Edit-

I'll take the role of the car graphics designer/Driver.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Blobbe

Quote from: Shadow879 on May 21, 2012, 12:13:26 PM
We'll just stick it in bondage then.

Glad to have you back :P I just hope interest picks up :(

Playing your same char as before?

If that's fine with y'all, then sure. I mean, its not like she really got to do much otherwise

Lightshock16

LOVE the movie series. colour me definately interested. :)

Shadow879

Need someone to run the game if anyone is interested, I'm not much of a GM.

Quote from: JDrew Spider on May 21, 2012, 12:50:57 PM
I'll take the role of the car graphics designer/Driver.

You'll have to ask KaylaM as that is her slot from before. I'm sure you guys can work something out :)

I'm just looking for an "other half" for Rosha.

AdrianZef

This could be awesome.

Is the Black Market Liaison position free? If so, I'll post a character template!
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

JDrew Spider

On second thought, I'll be either the mechanic or auto-shop worker :)
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Blobbe

I'm flexible on what my character is doing as long as some of it is driver. It's not like I'm married to the old spot.

Veluux

I'm interested in the Co-leader/Driver/Mechanic slot. I'm pretty good at crafting an interesting story-line, so it could be a natural role for me. I am assuming the Co-leader part means that those two are the ring-leaders of the group and generally govern the group's actions, or are the initiators and story catalysts? Or is that being done in the background by an official non-character GM?

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Rachubka

Interested in just being a pseudo member! I'd say Leo's sister, but... like... there's no Leo yet! :O

Shadow879

lol oops my bad. Leo was one of the owners from before. I forgot to edit that out.

The slots are flexible, and if anyone wants a specific job, I'm sure something can be worked if its realistic.

Quote from: Lightshock16 on May 21, 2012, 06:51:08 PM
LOVE the movie series. colour me definately interested. :)

Awesomeness. You can post a character template if you wish :) We don't have any chars yet.

Quote from: AdrianZef on May 22, 2012, 09:27:21 PM
This could be awesome.

Is the Black Market Liaison position free? If so, I'll post a character template!

'Tis indeed, good sir, post away! I'll post names up with the slot they occupy as they become taken.

Quote from: JDrew Spider on May 22, 2012, 09:35:35 PM
On second thought, I'll be either the mechanic or auto-shop worker :)

Whichever you wish :). Mechanic would be nice to fill out the member slots.

Quote from: Veluux on May 23, 2012, 03:23:32 AM
I'm interested in the Co-leader/Driver/Mechanic slot. I'm pretty good at crafting an interesting story-line, so it could be a natural role for me. I am assuming the Co-leader part means that those two are the ring-leaders of the group and generally govern the group's actions, or are the initiators and story catalysts? Or is that being done in the background by an official non-character GM?

Yes, you'd be one of the ring-leaders. They can be story catalysts as well.  I don't like having plot laid out without player input. There will be a plot, but it won't be hard and fast, and it should be by player vote and idea. The last game involved illegal prescription drug running across the border and chop shopping cars, though there can be more. The only thing I'm saying is that we should start the game off with a gathering, a barbeque, to get to know each others' roleplay style a little bit. Maybe the day/afternoon before a race?

JDrew Spider

Okay Mechanic it is!

I'll have a charry sheet up in no time. Also  I would like to collaborate a history  with anyone interested.:)

Spider Hole
Apologies

Soccerchick99811

If you need more females, then I am more than interested. Just finished watching Fast and Furious (the 4th one) last night. :-)

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

DreamlandDenizen

I'm soo up for this. Seems like the Co-Leader/Driver/Junk/Scrap-Yard Owner is the remaining male spot. I'd be more than happy to take it on

Shadow879

Shadow879

Quote from: JDrew Spider on May 24, 2012, 10:57:12 PM
Okay Mechanic it is!

I'll have a charry sheet up in no time. Also  I would like to collaborate a history  with anyone interested.:)

Please? I'm specifically looking for a char to have a history with/crush on, and your slot is the one I was hoping it would be :)

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Shadow879

Veluux

Quote from: Shadow879 on May 24, 2012, 10:55:38 PM
The only thing I'm saying is that we should start the game off with a gathering, a barbeque, to get to know each others' roleplay style a little bit. Maybe the day/afternoon before a race?

That's a great idea, you should post something about it in the OOC so we all can discuss how we want to kick it off.

Blobbe

If it's not taken, I'll happily take the graphics designer post again. Means I can just port the last character with no issues.

Veluux

Quote from: KaylaM on May 29, 2012, 09:59:15 AM
If it's not taken, I'll happily take the graphics designer post again. Means I can just port the last character with no issues.

I don't believe it has. There are only four character sheets posted so far. If you want to connect a backstory with my character PM me with your ideas. I was hoping my character could have some type of history (crush or relationship) with either the graphic designer or the leader's sister. Let me know if you're interested.

Photo

if there's room for this I'm in. Let me know what slots are available. I'll start thinking of a character now. The BBQ idea is pretty good, doesn't have to be a BBQ though, naturally.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA