The Eleos [Scifi Survival RPG interest check]

Started by GloomCookie, September 27, 2017, 06:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Please note this is a WIP and will be subject to changes as time goes on.

You awaken in the claustrophobic interior of a cryo-pod, a mask strapped tightly to your face as your body shivers from the lingering cold. The glass is frosted over, with the lights from the exterior flashing a deep and angry crimson. You fumble in the darkness and manage to find the emergency release, cracking the seal and depositing your naked body on the hard metal floor. Prying the mask off your face, you can hear the groaning of metal and the distant klaxons signalling something has gone very, very wrong. 

First priority: clothing. A locker nearby contains several spheres of different colors. You pick up the one that feels most familiar to your cryo-addled mind, and it morphs and envelops your body. Within moments, you feel the comfortable and warm embrace of a standard issue uniform around your body, and you instantly feel much better. Now for the mysterious voice coming from the wall.

"This is 5592 Engineering to anyone who can hear me! Please, you have to help us! We're trapped down here and we need help getting out!"

You rub your head. You feel like that makes sense but it doesn't. It takes several long moments before you press the comm, "This is uh, this is 3015 Security, I just crawled out of a cryopod and still getting my bearings. What's your location, over?"

"Yeah this is 4127 Science, I just woke up too. I could sure use a sit-rep," came another voice over the com.

"Please, both of you, make your way to the damaged corridor on Deck 9, Section 43, Location 21. I'll explain when you get there, but please hurry!" came the response from 5592 Engineering.

"Right, I'll uh, get there as soon as I can," 3015 Security said, before pushing off from the wall and taking a few shaky steps. This was gonna suck, but he at least now had a sense of purpose. At least, for the time being. Now where the hell was he?

Hey everyone! So, came up with this idea a while back and thought it was neat. It's a game where there are 3 players, each of whom are mere cogs in the grand scheme of things aboard this vessel who wake up with no idea what's going on, just that they have a crisis to deal with and they must work together, remotely, to solve it.  All you have are the puzzles in front of you and the voices of your comrades on the comms, guiding you and giving you advice.

The characters are all independent for the first half of the fun. They manage to meet up about half-way through and then it's a mad dash as something they discover might be trying to get rid of them. Can they escape? Will they survive? Mwaha, you'll have to watch to find out!
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Bernardo Hoagie

I'll go with Engineering or Security, which ever one's not picked by someone else.

jeflint

I enjoy a good Sci-Fi story.

Are we limiting races or tech or anything? I tend towards Doctors if given a chance since I like support classes. :)

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Fredasce

Hello! This sounds pretty interesting. Are there still spots available?

My O/O's
Request Thread
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore

ImmortalForceuser

everything in life is a story, a saga a season, and a finale.

GloomCookie

I'm shutting this idea down for the time being to focus on a different project. Will keep you guys in mind though!
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

jeflint

Aw... Pooh. 😢

If you ever need a body for Sci-fi. Just mark me down. I adore science fiction.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Fredasce

Quote from: Linna on October 05, 2017, 08:14:11 AM
I'm shutting this idea down for the time being to focus on a different project. Will keep you guys in mind though!

That's understandable. If you ever feel like taking up this idea again, let me know!

My O/O's
Request Thread
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore