Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

Started by Muninn, July 03, 2010, 02:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muninn

Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

QuotePassers-by were too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.

They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.

[insert Communist-Russia-joke-switching-the-roles-of-squirrels-and-dogs here]

What the heck! This is insane if it's true... I wonder what has caused the pine cone shortage to result in this.

Nyarly

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Although, I would probably have more negative feelings about that, if I didn't dislike dogs.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Nyarly on July 03, 2010, 04:09:54 AM
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Although, I would probably have more negative feelings about that, if I didn't dislike dogs.

Well, there was also an incident several years back where a squirrel went around attacking people in some small town somewhere...  I remember watching a documentary about it once on Animal Planet. >>; The basic theory the 'experts' called in by the documentary put forth was that people in the town feeding the squirrels made it so that that particular squirrel was completely unafraid of human beings, and it was reacting towards them like it would towards any other squirrel that did something to agitate it.

Hope no one in Russia decides to start feeding the squirrels.

*notices date on article*

Oh.  2005.  Guess they left those crazy meat-eating squirrels alone 'til more pine cones grew in, then.

Muninn

One of my co-workers used to work in an animal hospital and she would tell us squirrels were like little wolverines.  Mean lil buggers.

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 03, 2010, 04:38:40 AM

*notices date on article*

Oh.  2005.  Guess they left those crazy meat-eating squirrels alone 'til more pine cones grew in, then.

*tilts head* Well crap.  Then why was it on the front page of BBC? Pfft! Oh, well.  Thanks for pointing that out.  :-)

Cheka Man

In Russia, even the squirrels are tough.

Avi

In Soviet Russia, squirrels hunt *you*.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Trouble

Why is 'kills dog' in quotes? This makes me uneasy... D: You know, more uneasy than the idea of a pack of killer rodents on the loose, I mean.
Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

Nyarly

Killer squirrels are made of pure awesome.

Passionate Ink

Wow, that's really creepy.
On the other hand squirrels are known for their agressivity.
A ESA studysays, that like people, they get more pushy in crowded urban areas.
Ever seen a squirrel brawl, by the way? ;D
Furry little bastards.
Passionate Ink has requested an indefinite account restriction as of 2 September 2010.

Cheka Man