News:

Main Menu

Old School Gaming?

Started by Xenphir, January 24, 2014, 03:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

Who still loves (And maybe occasionally play) older games? What systems are "Old" to you?

To me, Play Station (One), Sega Genesis, and the Nintendo GameCube are my favorite systems. My sister had a Nintendo sixty four but I never got to play much on it. Not sure if it could be considered old or not, but perhaps Play Station two and the old PSP (Version 1001) ?

Caeli

I still play on the N64. :-) Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, and Pokemon Puzzle Party with one of my best friends.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Inkidu

I break out Nintendo games via emulator from time to time, but the system I'm most fond of is the SNES (which also comes out on emulator from time to time).

I wish I still had my Gamecube though. Loved Metroid Prime 1 and 2.

Oldschool though is anything before 1998 for me.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Xenphir

Ah I have mine but the cord is broken so I have to get a new one. I didn't have much else from Nintendo so I'm unable to say many games from there. Though on the GameCube my favorite, (And still my favorite game of all time) Is The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.  I also enjoyed the Mario Party for GameCube. For the Sega I liked Crusader of Centy and Wonder Boy in Monster World.

Then for Play Station I liked Skull Monkeys and some other game that I can't find for it :o

Deamonbane

Loved Mario Kart 64, along with the Bomberman games....
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Oniya

Are you talking the oldest games system we currently own, or the oldest ones we played?  I had a Pong system when I was a wee Oni. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Valthazar

My favorite console of all time is the Sega Dreamcast.

Xenphir

Either Or, Oni :3 I had an Atari pong too :O Maybe it's still even in the basement :o

Never had a Dreamcast o3o

Beguile's Mistress

I used to have an Atari and a Space Invaders cartridge.

Inkidu

Quote from: ValthazarElite on January 24, 2014, 05:52:46 PM
Twas like a swarm of fireflies on a summer evening: Bright, beautiful, and gone the next time you look.

I had a Dreamcast, but only ever had Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, and Crazy Taxi 2. :3
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Valthazar

Quote from: Inkidu on January 24, 2014, 07:28:51 PM
Twas like a swarm of fireflies on a summer evening: Bright, beautiful, and gone the next time you look.

I had a Dreamcast, but only ever had Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, and Crazy Taxi 2. :3

Yeah, such a great system, too bad it didn't stick around too long.  I'm still waiting for Shenmue 3 to come out on one of the new consoles, that was a great game series.

Sasquatch421

I still have my Intellivision.... I also have a PS1, Game Gear, Dreamcast... I still need to find the one Mobile Suit Gundam for the Dreamcast yet... It played from a cockpit view, awesome for an old Mechwarrior fan like myself. I also still play classic Doom regularly...

Shjade

Quote from: ValthazarElite on January 24, 2014, 05:52:46 PM

Welcome to...

THE POWERSTONE WARS.

Screw Super Smash Bros., Powerstone is where it's at for funtimes fighttimes.

As for what I still currently play now and then, the oldest-school I get is probably the occasional nostalgia run of Marathon 2 or Thief for PC, or Final Fantasy Tactics or Tenchu for PS1. I haven't done any nostalgia gaming like that in a while, though.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Xenphir

Tactics annoyed me a bit xD Does anyone consider Play Station Two old school?

Tsenta

Man I still bust out my old NES and Atari games when the need arises. Man I feel old. >_>;
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Shjade

Nah, yer not that old. I gave my NES to, I think, a cousin years ago. Or maybe that was my SNES and the NES had stopped working. I don't recall.

Regardless, this is what emulators are for! And Flash remakes and the like.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Tsenta on January 25, 2014, 01:02:16 AM
Man I still bust out my old NES and Atari games when the need arises. Man I feel old. >_>;
Hah, Crabby, you weren't ALIVE when the 2600 or the TRX-80 came out.  I was.

Young punk. ;D
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Formless

I used to own an Atari. Though my old school system would be the MSX. When I played Metal gear in that consol , I didn't expect it to be one of the biggest series after 2 decades.

Quote from: Shjade on January 25, 2014, 12:19:37 AM
Welcome to...

THE POWERSTONE WARS.

Screw Super Smash Bros., Powerstone is where it's at for funtimes fighttimes.

As for what I still currently play now and then, the oldest-school I get is probably the occasional nostalgia run of Marathon 2 or Thief for PC, or Final Fantasy Tactics or Tenchu for PS1. I haven't done any nostalgia gaming like that in a while, though.

Add to it ' Valkyrie Profile ' and you have me on the best nostalgia trip.

Frost

Anyone remember these days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F0MZAMCr-Y

And even still today we whine about load times lol

Hemingway

I still play a bunch of older games more than occasionally, I'd say. Command & Conquer is still one of my all-time favorites, same with the first X-COM. I also occasionally play SNES games, mainly the classic Final Fantasy ones.

Oniya

Quote from: Chris Brady on January 25, 2014, 02:41:01 AM
Hah, Crabby, you weren't ALIVE when the 2600 or the TRX-80 came out.  I was.

Young punk. ;D

I learned BASIC on an Atari 400 and an Apple ][+  *shakes cane at you*  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Chris Brady

Quote from: Oniya on January 25, 2014, 10:52:30 AM
I learned BASIC on an Atari 400 and an Apple ][+  *shakes cane at you*  ;)
Me too.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

yobo

I still pull out my old Tex Murphy-games from time to time, especially The Pandora Project which I have played through more times than I remember. Transport Tycoon Deluxe is another oldie I like to play, and Ports of Call was a lot of fun to re-visit a few years back.

IStateYourName

I'm actually starting an RPG based (kind of loosely) on this classic:

You can sign up here.

Oniya

Ah, the days when having a hard drive was something you had to specify as a requirement.