Poke` Girls! The RPG!

Started by setojurai, February 28, 2009, 03:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

setojurai

Welcome to the world of Pokemon, Anthro Edition!

In this game you can choose to either be a Trainer, who travels the world in search of Poke`Girls, or a Poke` Girl, who tries their best to make their way in the world and work with humans.  May the strongest Trainer and Poke`Girls reach the final Tournament!

Major Character Types:

Trainer:  These people carry Poke`Balls and capture and train various Poke`Girls.  Their skills go beyond fighting and some Trainers even go as far as "training" their poke`girls in the realm of BDSM to strengthen them up for battle.  A Trainer can purchase Poke`Balls, medicine items, stat boosting items and must always battle another Trainer if they make eye contact.

Poke`Girl: These are the female anthro lifeforms that populate the world.  They can be any sort that you would find in Poke`Mon but are universally female and anthromorphic.  Poke`Girls have various powers that humans and Trainers do not.  A Poke`Girl cannot purchase anything but stays at Inns and eats at Restaurants for free.

Team Rocket:  These are the bad guys.  They'll try to stop Trainers in their tracks and steal their Poke`Girls.  They often use less popular Poke`Girls in nefarious ways and are especially fond of the Meoth Poke`Girl Catgirl types, who have the ability to steal coins from their foes.  Watch out for the infamous duo Jessie and James because they are the worst of the lot.  Wether that is worst in skill or worst in tenacity... is up to debate.

Places to See:

Gym:  In here you'll find a Gym Leader and their followers, whom you must battle to earn the Gym Badge for that area.  Earning all the Badges earns you a place in the Tournament of Champions held every year.  Each Gym is themed on a various Poke`Girl type.

Store: In here you'll find various items you'll need, espically Poke`Balls to capture wild Poke`Girls.  You can't be a Trainer without them.  They also carry various health and stat boosting items, all for sale at a reasonable price!

Inn: This is a place for Trainers and their Poke`Girls to have a good night's rest.  As most Poke`Girls can easily provide services needed for the Inn, they can usually stay for free.  Trainers with enough Poke`Girls (6 or more) get a discounted price.

Hospital:  This is where you wind up if you've Fainted in battle, be you a Trainer or a Poke`Girl, you always wake up here with full health and no negative status effects.  The hospital staff are always friendly and willing to help you out.  Trainers always get charged precisely half of their current Poke`Dollar amount for any Hospital stays.  Poke`Girls stay for free for the same reason as Inns.

Dungeon:  Wether it's a cave, a tower, or an actual creepy dungeon, this is where you'll find most of your Wild Poke`Girls.  The layout always varies but a Poke`Girl encounter could be around every corner so be careful!  Using the [Rope] item will get you out of any Dungeon instantly but you'll lose your place in the Dungeon and have to start over from the beginning.

Tall Grass:  Wild Poke`Girls live and breed here.  You'll occasionally find other Trainers wandering through the tall grass in search of Poke`Girls to call their own.  Watch your step!

Breeding Farm:  This is where you can take your Poke`Girls when you want to make a brand new Poke`Girl.  Who knows, with the right combination you could come up with a never before seen Poke`Girl!  Poke`Girls start life as eggs at the Breeding Farm and after they hatch quickly mature into their Adult forms.  Trainers leave their Poke`Girls here for a small fee.

The Beach/Ocean/Ships:  This is the place to find aquatic Poke`Girls.  While neither Dungeon nor Tall Grass, it has the same features as both in that a new Encounter can happen at any time, however you need a Poke`Girl with the {Surf} ability before you can successfully navigate the waters on your own.  Using a [Fishing Pole] item on the beach means you can catch Wild Poke`Girls from the ocean or even the occasional Item!  Ships are always populated by Trainers going on a cruise, but they can sometimes offer helpful advice.

Waystations:  You can drop off your Poke`Girls here where they can have fun, relax and even gain Experience while away from their beloved Trainer.  The return of a Poke`Girl costs money equal to the time you've spent away from your Poke`Girl, so don't be gone too long or getting her back might be very expensive indeed!

Bike Shop:  This is a special kind of shop that sells the ultra fast bikes!  They sell two types; the Street Bike is a rocket of a bike on paved roads but slows to a crawl off road and can't traverse uneven terrain.  The Motocross Bike is defiantly faster then walking and way slower than the Street Bike, but it can cross almost any terrain with ease.  It can even go up small cliffs!  The price is steep but Trainers can usually find a way around that, or they can save up their Poke`Dollars to buy one of the coveted bikes.  Ride in style!

More to come!

Inkidu

Color me interested. It's between amber and chartreuse.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Desan

Interested as a trainer. Looks promising <3
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

setojurai

Cool.  It'll either occur on the forums or a mixture between Forums (For stats tracking) and IRC (For actual roleplay)

Inkidu

Quote from: setojurai on February 28, 2009, 04:04:39 PM
Cool.  It'll either occur on the forums or a mixture between Forums (For stats tracking) and IRC (For actual roleplay)
... Guess I'm going to have to actually learn how to use the IRC.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

setojurai

Your first Poke`Girl image:  Vulpix!

setojurai

It's unclear yet just what system will be used for the Poke`Girls RPG but I'm leaning towards just stripping it from the ACTUAL Poke`Mon RP system and just use that.  Either that or we could use GURPS or some form of BESM... I'll think about it.  Suggestions are appreciated.

Inkidu

Quote from: setojurai on February 28, 2009, 04:19:54 PM
It's unclear yet just what system will be used for the Poke`Girls RPG but I'm leaning towards just stripping it from the ACTUAL Poke`Mon RP system and just use that.  Either that or we could use GURPS or some form of BESM... I'll think about it.  Suggestions are appreciated.
... and a system...

Inkidu

I'm afraid if this is going to be in the IRC I'm going to have to quit I can't do a thing with it. I suppose I'm not technologically literate enough.

setojurai

I can help you if you wanna use IRC.

However, ya'll have to decide wether you want it to be totally forum based or IRC/Forums.

Inkidu

Quote from: setojurai on February 28, 2009, 05:16:11 PM
I can help you if you wanna use IRC.

However, ya'll have to decide wether you want it to be totally forum based or IRC/Forums.
You going to put up a poll?

setojurai

Hmmmm... or people could just post which they'd prefer...

Inkidu

Quote from: setojurai on February 28, 2009, 05:18:51 PM
Hmmmm... or people could just post which they'd prefer...
It's your call it just saves you a lot of counting.

setojurai

The Poll is up!  So cast your votes now folks!

Wabisuke

I'd LOVE to do this! It sounds so cool!~

If we get it large enough, working out an experience and/or badge system would be super awesome too!!

I'm really excited to see what comes from this! :D

Inkidu

It would be my luck to get the IRC down just after casting my vote. Well I'm still on I suppose.

setojurai

lol.  Okay, do you really want to learn to use IRC?  I can help ya.

Inkidu

I, knock on wood, I think I've got it. I guess we need more players.

setojurai

Inkidu

setojurai

You know what... sure!  I'll write one up on my next postage!

Inkidu

Oh could you help me out with some info on the system you intend to be using. I don't know any systems but if I can learn that damn IRC I can do anything.

setojurai

Player Class:  Trainer

Race: Human only

Type: None

Starting equipment: Trainers get 1 Potion, 2 Poke`balls and 100 PD (Poke`Dollars) to start with.

Stats: TBD

A Poke`Girl Trainer has to Tame and train their Poke`Girls for battles across the world.  Taming can be anything that brings loyalty between the Trainer and the Poke`Girl and it really is a two-way street.  Poke`Girls that feel they have been ignored or abandoned by their Trainers may not obey commands when the time comes or may try to Escape and become Wild again.  Poke`Girls who are treated well tend to be very loyal to their Trainers and would do anything for them.  Some Poke`Girls are espically Wild and need to be Tamed multiple times or even regularly.  This is the Trainer's duty.  Only Trainers with alot of stamina and patience can successfully keep a large stable of Poke`Girls on hand.

Taming:  Taming a Poke`Girl is very Girl dependant, but for the most part, Taming is done via rewards/treats or via sex with the Poke`Girl.  This can be done 'skin only', with the assistance of toys, or 'toys only', though the more intimate one is with a Poke`Girl, be it playing, cuddling, treats or sex, the more Loyalty a Poke`Girl will feel towards her Trainer.

setojurai

There's now a second poll up on which system we should use.  Vote damn ye!

Inkidu

How would we go about modifying the Original Poke`mon system?