[ BTS ] Scenario One - IC

Started by Moraline, September 03, 2013, 02:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Godmother laughed lightly, the sound like the chime of delicate silver bells. She gave Jin a small wink. "Such a strong will you have. I'm sure that it is going to serve you well. Come along with me or don't. Even if you don't agree to the terms of my bargain I am still free to walk these lands and you are free to follow if it pleases you."

She strode off into the darkness. Well, to say strode would be too physically real a descriptor for such an ethereal woman and nothing was entirely real about her. It was more like a gentle unearthly glide with some minor hip sway and leg movement. Her hair and dress continuing to flutter in the unfelt currents of air.

Darkness parted around her. Her light now seemed brighter. She glowed radiantly as she flowed off into it. If they followed the things in the dark would part around them like they did for Neela's light. If they did not follow the darkness would soon close back in around them, it's presence returning with oppressive weight.

If they followed off into the darkness they would soon come to a crumbled hall where it opened up to the outside about a hundred feet to the roadside, a bit of rubble strewn about before them. If they followed her or not they would then hear her speak again, "You know it surprises me that you don't have more questions. Perhaps the next time we meet you will, yes?  ...Oh, Would you like to see what is happening inside your homes where you came from. Although I cannot cross there I can remove the veil so you might see." If anyone was at her side they might catch the corners of her lips curl with a delighted smile as she spoke, her composure and serene facade quickly returning.

Lithium

Jeong Soo-Jin
Tag: Al, Mysterious woman

"Good for you," Jin snapped back at Al, growing increasingly annoyed with him and with the whole situation in general. "Was that before or after she let you walk into a bunch of things trying to kill you?"

Her lips pursed slightly and her frown deepened at the sound of the woman's laughter and her patronizing remarks. It make Jin not want to follow her just out of defiance now on top of not being sure if she could be trusted, which at first she did. As the light radiating from the woman distanced itself and Jin heard the slithering and scuttering all around her begin close in on her, however, she decided that perhaps it wasn't worth it...

Huffing silently to herself, she hurried after the others to catch up before following several paces behind until they made it back outside and stopped.

We might have more questions if you had better answers...Jin thought to herself, but for once kept her thoughts to herself. She was more concerned with making sure that her parents were okay at the moment. "Yes, show us."

TheHangedOne

Alfred "Al" Birche
Tag: Godmother, Jin, Neela (technically)

"Before." He commented almost immediately to her.  She might think maybe he missed the full impact of her comment, but in truth, he received it loud and clear; he simply chose to keep his thoughts to himself on this matter. However, his answer is with a sort of nonchalance, that made it seem as if he did not care. Was that part of his facade, too? Was that truth? Or was he just having a literal contact high, and this is how it made him become? It would be hard to say. probably the only one capable of ever knowing would be this fabled Godmother of theirs, if she managed to make eye contact with him again.

"Good luck dealing with the creepies." He'd say to Jin, in what would seem to be a genuine and sincere hope that she will be okay. Al, meanwhile, would go trailing off after the ghostly woman, following her much like a stray puppy might follow the first person to show him a bit of kindness. He was honestly not surprised, however, when he heard the other girl running to catch up with them.

"I have a question, actually. Why did you decide to make us feel buzzed?" He didn't ask how, but why. He would like to know how, but 'why' seemed more important at the moment.

When they eventually get to the spot where the Godmother stopped, he would stare around at their surroundings, slowly stroking the forehead of a now sleeping kitten, still contentedly resting in his shirt pocket. He bristled a bit when the Mysterious Woman offered to show them what was going on elsewhere... If he were a cat, one might expect his back to be arched, ears pressed flat to his head, and hissing with spit flying everywhere. Instead, he just has a surly tone to his voice. "I don't give a damn about any of them." As the Godmother--and perhaps a few other students-- knew, Al has had several homes in his life. He didn't care to see any of them.

Instead, he winds up finding a safe spot to just settle down on the ground. He takes a granola bar from one of his pockets, and unwraps it. Staring at it, he thought for a moment. "Anybody else hungry? I brought a few more. Got some water, too..." If anybody answered in the affirmative, he'd give them one. The bars he had were all 'oats and honey'. Once any requests were satisfied, he'd partake in his snack. Seemed like as good a time as any to take a break, after all, and he ahd the distinct feeling they might not get another chance to rest any time soon.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Neela Roland
Tagging: Everyone

Neela started to walk forward turning to glance at Soo Jin to make sure she was following their little parade into weirdo and was relieved to see Soo Jin following, albeit pissed off--but pissed off was better than trapped. Wasn't it? Neela looked at the hallway as it started to deteriorate and they made it to the roadside, bits of torn up things at their feet. The Godmother spoke again in her cryptic yet comforting expression asking each child if they wanted to see what was happening in their homes. Al said he did not give a damn about any of his families, but Neela thought different.

"You can see any part of the world?" Neela asked at the mention of seeing their families. Neela loved her mother and father, but she always wondered what happened to her birth parents that gave her up for adoption. Were they alive still? Were they healthy? Were they at peace with her being thousands of miles away from them? Neela would ask herself these questions every now and then too afraid to ask her adoptive parents about it. She loved her mother and father and didn't want to hurt their feelings. But she had to admit it was eating a hole through her stomach right now--the possibilities.

Neela swallowed hard and then heard Al ask everyone about their hunger. "I'm not really hungry, but that might be due to shock. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't eat."
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Moraline

Godmother spoke in response to the voices around her. Her delicate hand raised one slender finger  to address Jin's concerns. "I was not here before. What you saw was my presence pressing into these mistlands. The darkness was exerting it's will to keep me out but I'll return to that in a moment. So it was, I that guided you to escape before the dark mists swallowed you as it did your friends."

Al said, "I have a question, actually. Why did you decide to make us feel buzzed?"

"You are referring to the side effects of my presence." Godmother smiled warmly at Al. "This form is merely an aspect of my being made to form here. The arcane energies used to manifest it and give it power creates a sort of vibration. When you look to long or interact directly with my being you will be drawn to it like a moth to a flame. My energy is like that of the sun when compared to a humans. It's also said by some that if you stare to long you may never turn away. I suspect your wills are too strong for that to happen to you, fear not."

Without realizing it the group had walked a few steps and were suddenly much further away. In front of Jin's home to be precise.  "Come here," She gestured for Jin to approach. "I can not take you there from here but I can clear away the veil. She waved her hand and the darkness cleared like the fog from a mirror. On the other side of the cleared view was a dark night but with the sounds of traffic in the background, street lights glowing brightly and Jin's home clearly displayed.  "Follow me," Godmother stepped to the home and the cleared view hovered in front of her as she moved. Then she stepped up and opened the door and entered. The dark emptiness of where they were now all around them but in front in that small cleared window that Godmother had created it all remained alive and brighter. She would lead them all through the home until they came to the hallway where Jin's bedroom would be.

"Steel yourself child." Godmother's tone was serious. "This will not be what you want to see."  She turned and the cleared view turned with her to show the hallway. In front of Jin's bedroom door her family all sat on their knees bowing before the closed door. On the door handle hung what looked like a twisted twig voodoo doll. More disturbing was a symbol painted on the door that glowed under a blacklight held in Jin's father's hand. It was crudely drawn with a circle, multipointed star of one continuous line and other squiggled symbols. Her mother beside the father was mumbling a quite chant.

Godmother spoke again, "Each one of your families are doing this at this very moment. They prey to the darkness to come take you and fold you into it's embrace. To give them strength and to let the darkness flood back into your world with you. I came to you to ensure that doesn't happen. When you finally make your bargain with me to agree to fight back this darkness and it's creatures and I send you home you will be able to see this for yourself."

Turning to Neela she said, "As you can see, I am only able to see through the veil. We must be at the location that you wish to view for this to occur."

"Al, it was you who allowed me to enter and be seen here with you. While all of your families are forcing you into the darkness it gives the darkness power - This is how you came to face your aspects made form. You defeated them and made that embodiment yours to wield. Al found his strength and stepped through the barrier into my realm then out again, creating a weak point that I could force myself fully through to join you. This is how we all come to stand here now.   ...And while we stand here talking your friends have been drawn further into the darkness and struggle to not get swallowed. If you are all done questioning what is before you, then we should continue so you might help them get home or else we lose them to darkness."

Lithium

Jeong Soo-Jin
Tag: Al, Neela, Mysterious woman

Jin mostly ignored Al and Neela, keeping her eyes trained on the woman in blue, except for her eyes, and listening intently to what she had to say. Despite her earlier doubts and cautiousness, she did sort of feel like the woman was telling the truth, but then again maybe she only wanted to believe that because it was easier.

Regardless, she followed after the woman with hardly any hesitation, feeling increasingly concerned about the welfare of her parents after everything that she'd just heard. When Jin was warned that she wouldn't like what she saw, she didn't take it lightly, but still she thought that she was ready to see whatever it was...she was wrong.

Of course, she didn't know the exact details of what her parents were doing there in front of her door, but she could clearly discern that it was something very wrong. A sudden wave of smothering heat washed over her as a knot caught in her throat. She took half a step toward the window that "Godmother" had opened before hesitating and finally taking two steps back instead.

"Wh......What is that? What are they doing?!" Jin asked apprehensively, eyes widening and filling with tears. She quickly turned away from everyone else so that they wouldn't see, feeling absolutely torn between wanting to go back home to get an explanation from her parents and never wanting to see them again.

TheHangedOne

Alfred "Al" Birche
Tag: Godmother, Jin (technically), Neela

He wondered to himself, if that meant that her true form, then, was not as she appeared. Part of him wondered at what it might be, then. Part of him decided not knowing might be better, though.  This whole thing is making him think of Lovecraft, one of his favorite horror writers.

He would offer Neela one of the granola bars, and a water bottle, because of her answer. But then, his attention went back to The Mysterious Woman, which, silly as he could b e, he decided sounded cooler than Godmother.  Originally, he wasn't even going to watch what was going on with Jin's family, but the warning caught his interest.

"So, so, wait. W-wait." The scene was actually enough to get Al's facade to crumble, and reveal his confusion, his fear... and that deep reservoir of hate and anger he had, which he tried to hide more than anything else. His voice was rich with the medley of emotions, blended together into a sort of cacophonous disharmony. "All of our families?"  His hands were balled up into fists.

A moment of quiet. Just one. "You said I could step through... can I pop back over to our world? You know, where they all are? Can I crash the party with the fear mask?" He wasn't sure if the girls had seen the fear mask, or if there was a more appropriate name, but that's what he's choosing to think of it as and call it.
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Neela Roland

The Godmother took them to Soo Jin's home and brought us to her bedroom where her parents were chanting, performing a ritual for Soo Jin to be kept in the darkness. She was a sacrifice meant to make them stronger. Neela's stomach turned sour and tears crept from her eyelids and down her face as she watched Soo Jin's family turn ... to something horrible.

Al spoke up first, saying that he would like to go back to the human realm and put an end to their ritual, their lies. Oddly, Neela wanted to back him up. She was not one to attack people--she had never been in a fight where fist were thrown in her life.

"This is sick Godmother. Can't you stop them?" Neela asked loudly. Her thought then turned to Ms. and Mr. Roland eyes going wide.

"Did they plan to sacrifice us from the very start? For their sick demented wants?" Neela was becoming more agitated than sad now, anger searing its way down her throat. Neela wanted to see her birth parents; surely, they were not the same. Then the Godmother told her they have to be in the location to see across the veil. She had nowhere to begin to make that happen.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

The woman with white hair, the so called Fairy Godmother waved her hand again and closed the veil.

"Wh......What is that? What are they doing?!" Jin asked apprehensively, eyes widening and filling with tears.

Godmother said, "Steel yourself and be strong. They cannot break you if you don't allow them to." She turned to begin walking again. "They are casting a spell the same as all of your families are doing. They draw on the well of your energy to bring it out of you as bait for the dark. There they mean to twist your.... we'll say souls. The desire is to bring out your powers then let a demon fae merge with you to let darkness have your power."

She turned to Al and Neela as she glided along, hopefully with everyone following. "You are not strong enough to break into your own realm yet, it takes a circle of power to do that." 

"This is sick Godmother. Can't you stop them?" Neela asked loudly. "Did they plan to sacrifice us from the very start? For their sick demented wants?"

Godmother smiles and reached out to stroke Neela shoulder gently. It would give the girl a soothing cool tingly sensation if she did not move away from the touch. "As I said in the beginning. I can't interfere unless a bargain is reached between us. My terms are simple, agree to fight the dark wherever it is found. Then I will be able to send you all home." 

She would turn her head then move down the street. "We must be quick. Your other friends are in great peril now."   

The mournful call of a horn would sound. It's call distant and tugging at the strings of their hearts. It was more then sound it was emotion given volume. Godmother's chin would turn up and in the direction of it. She let out a sigh and without waiting for anyone she would move off that way swift enough that others would need to run to keep up.

Lithium

Jeong Soo-Jin
Tag: Al, Neela, Mysterious woman

"Send up back home to what?" Jin asked dejectedly. "You just said that our parents are trying to...to sacrifice us to demons." She could hardly even believe the words coming out of her own mouth, but after everything that she'd just seen tonight, it actually seemed possible, and in her heart she knew that it was true. She'd had enough bad dreams to be able to tell with certainty that this wasn't one of them, not even close.

Jin felt crushed. Her legs were heavy as if they were made of cement, but when the white haired woman began to move away after that sad, magnetic horn call, she felt compelled to follow. If the others were in danger, then Jin had to at least try to help them, and doing anything would be better than sitting around alone with her thoughts, replaying the scene that she'd just witnessed through the Godmother's 'window' over and over.

TheHangedOne

Alfred "Al" Birche
Tag: Godmother, Jin, Neela

"Send us back to deal with them...and who the fuck knows. Take care of ourselves. I'm gonna just disappear. Any cat outside his first coat of fur can take care of himself." Though his voice started off as initially quite sharp, and a clear expression of his anger and frustration, that last sentence, that little witticism or whatever one wanted to call it, had a touch of humor. Partly, it was something he believed. Partly, he was trying to defuse his own ticking time bomb of rage with humor. Oddly enough, while one might accuse Al of being overconfident or outright arrogant, his apparent statement of being able to take care of himself seems to have come, not from arrogance or a misunderstanding as to the difficulties of such a task, but rather a quiet confidence.

Their Godmother, as she referred to herself, might have caught glimpses in his mind; times he had to figure out how to make his own dinner, and some times, even when he was really young, of having to try and take care of his birth mother,  because he wasn't the only one being beaten.  She might even have seen some of the books and articles he reads, thoughts he's had about 'disappearing' before.  That comment of his was not even half as off-handed as it may seem.

When the horn can be heard, he shudders a bit. Mori, the cute little black kitten, whines quietly, being disturbed as well.  Al, while giving the kitten what little comfort he could, with soft strokes behind the ears, would follow after the Mysterious Woman; and actually come to be by her side, a foot or so away from her. Quite suddenly, and without any fanfare whatsoever, that sword-wielding goblin-thing would just appear, walking right beside Al.

No, wait, it's not walking beside him. Or, not any more. The little critter is gaining speed, and moving ahead of them all.  Al, meanwhile, has this sort of far-off look in his eyes, as he's paying more attention to what Gwynn ap Nudd is seeing, his human body moving on something more akin to autopilot.
Check out my poet tree!

RainyHigh

Neela Roland

The Godmother told all the children again that they would have to make a pact with her, a promise to stop all the evil fae creatures whenever they saw them. Now that Neela knew exactly what kind of crazy she was dealing with, she was not so gunho on accepting such a promise. It was too much responsibility for one kid to carry.

When the Godmother touched Neela's face, Neela did not pull away. She instantly felt a cool calmness wash over her causing her anxiousness to fade away. Neela sighed heavily, relaxed and looked at the Godmother strangely. The Godmother's magic was something special. The Godmother turned and began walking down the street away from the home of Soo Jin's family.

Quote"We must be quick. Your other friends are in great peril now."

Neela's heart quickened at the warning and when the horn went off, she felt her stomach drop in fear. What would become of their classmates if they did not get to them in time? Picking up her pace, Neela followed the trio of magic wielders feeling her own demon inside of her. He was itching for a fight but Neela was not the sort. Neela was a peaceful person; she wanted what was best for everyone. She cooled the hatred with another calming breath following the others quietly.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

The little Goblin Fae Aspect formerly known as, Gwynn ap Nudd, no doubt was happily hopping along squashing insects. When Al would see through the Goblin's eyes things were clearer, brighter - much like viewing the world through polarized sun glasses. Only these glasses cut through the mist and dark.  The little Goblin would arrive at a chain link fence with a hole in it that led to a place most locals called the barrens. A derelict old train station with a couple crumbling buildings, a few old train cars, but mostly large open fields with abandoned tracks.

Godmother turned to Al and smiled as the little Goblin ran off into the distance. "My what big eyes you have," she whispered softly.  "Has he found it? You will need to slice a hole from there into the dark realms so we may crossover and find your friends."

She glided about the group as they made their way closer to it. Stopping near Neela she offered her a light hug and spoke softly, "There... there... You are in control now. Of it, of your life. Great things will come of your strength."

Then sliding along to Jin she offered her a hand, if the girl did not take it she would continue to walk along silently beside her until they arrived at the fence.

OOC:   ((Maggie and Robert rejoin the main group from over here(click).))

If Al wills it he can slice into the Dark's realm. The moment that he does, the sound of a roaring freight train will pour through along with a wash of extremely thick acrid (yet cold) mist.  Insectoids the size of small cats will pour through as well.

Neela can use her light orb to seer them and drive them skittering away into the darkness.

You'll begin to hear the voices of your friends as well in their. The voice of Maggie yelling for Robert to hang on and that help is on the way.

Jin can summon her Fae Aspect, her sword and shield and go kick some demonic insectoid ass for the group of you to slog your way through to the swirling vortex past the buildings and out in the field.

Godmother will stand back and usher the group through the opening into the Dark realm, she will hang back and observe as they approach.

Summary:
(Posting order doesn't matter this time = Whoever posts first, just make the assumption that the others are going to do their thing and make your way forward to the Vortex where Maggie and Al are inside of it.)

@Al - Cut a hole into the dark realm, use your goblin to hack and slash.

@ Jin - You and your Fae Aspect, kick some ass.

@ Neela - Use your light to hold the dark at bay and seer the things that get too close to the group. You can also use your Aspect to hack and slash or he too can hold up an orb of light.

TheHangedOne

Alfred "Al" Birche
Tag: Godmother, Jin, Neela

This was neat. He was rather pleased with how he could do this.  He wondered if he'd be able to do this in the 'real' world; but, even if he could, he thought, he wouldn't, because that would just invite trouble. And he didn't like trouble.

When the goblin gets to the fence, Al actually wills it to try and hack through the physical barrier, with its sword. However, when he hears the Mysterious Woman, the goblin disappeared. "Like before?" He'd ask. As he drew closer to the barrens, he would stop for a moment, and bend down to the ground, as if looking at something. And then, his hand slowly traced its way up into the air, as if it were gliding against some invisible object; though there wasn't one there.

What was he doing? 'Drawing' an outline of a door. Afterwards, he pantomimes 'opening' the imaginary door; and this real sized 'door' actually turns into the very real 'hole' that would allow them to go into the Dark Realm. The burst of horrendous smelling, cold mist would come gushing out of the entry, along with the deafening roar of a train... and those god damned, miserable little creepy-crawlies. Though he felt an acute fear and desire to turn right around and run away, he manages to will himself to stay; to hang back, close to Neela. It was more out of a desire to not show his fear than anything else. Crazy as it was, he was afraid of people seeing that he was afraid.

Once through, he would summon the goblin Aspect again. He'd hang back, while using his little marionette to go on a killing spree with its sword, hacking and slicing, and even cackling on occasion.
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Jeong Soo-Jin
Tag: Al, Neela, Godmother

After the awful thing that she'd just seen, Jin felt very alone and lost all of a sudden, so for the first time she dropped her suspicious and defensive attitude and took Godmother's hand when it was offered. The sensation immediately gave her goosebumps and made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up - in a good way. Strange, but good. It was like a gentle static coursing through her muscles and over her flesh, if only static could be frozen and refreshing, which made no sense, but then again neither did any of what was going on.

But they kept being rushed along from one thing to the next, so for the time being Jin had no choice but to accept this new, twisted reality for what it was until she could get better answer. She followed Godmother and the others to the fence, only letting go of the woman's hand once more of those insectoid creatures began spilling out of a portal that Al was creating. Jin hadn't had a problem dealing with them back at the school, so she didn't see why she would now. Luckily for her, she wasn't afraid of bugs. In fact, spiders had even been her favorite animal for a year or two when she was younger before being replaced by the slow loris.

This time when she summoned her sword and shield, they were more refined than before and better matched to her size. And then she summoned the Demon Aspect or whatever it was that she'd vanquished earlier, which was when things got tricky. It was like Jin suddenly had a second - no, two extra sets of eyes in her mind, which was disorienting to say the least. Her Aspect stood motionless beside her for the time that it took her to separate its vision from her own, but then it came to life when she finally willed it to.

The fog coming through the newly opened portal was noxious, but Jin managed to fight through it, breathing in through her mouth more than her nose as much as possible. Together with her aspect, she would cover either flank of the small group made up of Al, Neela and Godmother while they made their way through the portal and beyond, knocking away or slaying any creature that braved Neela's light and attempted to attack them.

"How many of these are there?" she asked Godmother after a short while, sweat already trickling down her brow from having repelled at least two dozen of the insectoids. "Infinite?"

RainyHigh

Neela Roland

As Neela followed the others, she watched Al's goblin run ahead as if to survey their surroundings through the portal. Neela noticed Al hanging back, waiting for her and she smiled at him showing her thankfulness. Then ... the bugs returned. They were giant bugs, of course and Neela gasped when she saw Soo Jin summon her weapons with magic to hack and slice through the carnage that attacked them. Feeling she should do something to help the others and herself, Neela raised both her hands letting her power shine through her hands and onto the bug, creatures causing any that came close to her light to sizzle and fry. Neela made sure to keep up with the others and stay close as they crossed through the portal.

QuoteHow many of these are there?

Soo Jin asked the Godmother. Neela thought that was an excellent question considering that the bugs never let up their attack. There were always two more for everyone that died.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

London

Robert Long
Tag:Everyone

“I’m ok…” he told Maggie, “The pain and fear has passed. He’s with me now. I think I can keep the vortex up a while longer… I just hope whatever answers your call for help gets here soon.” Angry from the pain and fear he had felt through the Elemental, he focused that anger into controlling the vortex, keeping it spinning and destroying the insects.

Watching as yet another of the insect was torn apart, Robert didn’t miss that it had made it a little closer before flying into pieces. Robert couldn’t help but hope that the help would be a little faster in coming. Listening as the sound of the train, he couldn’t help but think of the sound the elemental made when they first got there. As the vortex spun around them, “Maggie… Blow harder… I’m not sure how much longer I can keep it going…”

Swallowing as the vortex collapsed, the sound of the train falling away as the darkness moves closer to them, Robert heard Jin’s voice asking how many of the insects they had to go through. Standing up, Robert waved his arms as he yelled to the others, “Jin… Al… We’re here…” Seeing the insects moving closer to them and their fellow classmates, Robert felt a wave of energy wash over him as the Elemental became part of him.

Dirt on the ground around them started to spin as the wind once again started to blow. Moving closer to Maggie, “Don’t move yet…” he said softly as they wind picked up. The sound of the train started to build to a deafening roar as debris started to fly into the air around Maggie and Robert. Rising from the ground behind them, the funnel of a tornado started to form. Growing to the height of 9 foot, the funnel started to change into a humanoid figure. Swatting insect from behind them, the figure moved around the two teens before moved closer to the others, clearing a path while ripping the insects into pieces.

As the elemental moved through the insects, throwing the legs and bodies of the insects in all directions, Robert turned to look back toward the brook. “Maggie we have company…” he said pointing in the direction, “There’s someone on top of a boxcar… And a light of some kind in the brook…”

Ixy

Maggie Foss
Tag: All

Maggie raises the horn to her lips before stopping, her eyes wide and staring, as the others arrive.  "They're here--" she stays close by Robert, her back against his now as he rises with the elemental and pushes back at the darkness.  Even in the eye of the rising storm, the wind is enough to fly about her red hair and flap the loose sleeves and collar of her over-sized, denim jacket.

When Robert points out the figure atop the box cars, she springs to life.  "That's her!  Has to be--"  She immediately stoops to the ground, long fingers patting gently along the ground as she gathers up *something* from the ground, several of them, cradling whatever it is as if it is delicate before hurriedly scooping them into her pockets.  "Can you push one more time, Robert?  Throw them back as far as you can--" she presses her cheek next to his so he can hear her.  "We HAVE to get to her, all of us.  It's the only way out!"

Moraline

Godmother glided quickly through the portal. "The dark is limitless," she said as the others around her fought against the Fae of the dark. Robert's great elemental vortex smashed a path close to them and with the help of the others they broke though the lines of insectoids trying to close back in.

Godmother said to Robert and Maggie, "Did you find the way out? Can you see the light? We must get you all there quickly."  She looked from side to side but was still a short distance from the pair and was unable to see the brook or it's light. Nor did she see the dark figure on top of the abandoned train car a short distance away.

There came a silence. All of the skittering and snicker snapping of insectoids halted. The mists backed up and seemed to clear a bit.

"Quickly, Al. Close the gate behind us!" Godmother spoke frantically.

The dark figure on the distant boxcar drifted off of it and began to slowly fly over to the group.

"Lights, we need light and you all must swear to fight the dark at every turn. Each of you, say the words - I swear." Godmother said. Then she turned to face the dark floating figure with her hands raised slightly in front of her.

London

Robert Long
Tag:Everyone

“Maggie… I don’t think that’s help,” he said pointing toward the boxcar and the dark figure. “I can see the other’s over there. They are working their way toward us… I’m not sure who that is but I don’t like the looks of how calm it is with these bugs attacking us.”

Seeing the godmother for the first time, Robert was taken aback by her for a moment before answering her question. “There’s a light over by the brook… But someone else is over there too. It’s a dark figure…” he said before taking a deep breath, “And he’s flying this way…”

Moving the Elemental’s vortex between them and the flying figure, “If that blue light is the way out we should get going before these insects decide to continue their attack…” Keeping the Elemental’s eyes on the dark figure, “Maggie… Now might be a good time to try that thing you did at the school… You know the one that cleared the path for us…” he said more then a little scared.

Looking at godmother, “If it’ll get us out of here then fine I swear…”

TheHangedOne

Alfred "Al" Birche
Tag: Everybody

Paying full attention to everything around him was a bit of a rush. He chose to barely respond to the others, instead forcing himself to maintain focus with his own senses, and those of his Aspect. Controlling himself, and it, at the same time, resulted in a sort of jerky movement on Gwynn ap Nudd's part; its movements became crude and exaggerated, like a marionette being toyed with by a novice.

He tried to maintain its use while also doing his 'stitching' of the portal shut. Maybe he didn't need to go through the physical actions; maybe he could just will it shut. But he found the physical act itself as an excellent way to focus his power.  Maybe everybody was like that; or maybe it was a sort of learning curve, something he'd be able to ditch later on, once he had more practice in.

About halfway through his 'stitching', the goblin would disappear, as he realized it was not quite needed at the moment.  His work would then be finished much more quickly than it had been started. Afterwards, he'd turn his attention to their Godmother. "I swear."

His attention would turn towards the figure that seemed to be approaching them. Al got the impression said figure was likely not a good thing, based on how everybody seemed to be reacting. So, he tried something. He didn't move away from the group too much, just enough to make sure no one was incidentally looking at his face. He'd trail his left hand over his face, and when the appendage cleared it, he was wearing the Fear Mask again.

Everything felt fear, right? That's what he was hoping. He was hoping that, even at this distance, by focusing his gaze in on the figure, with the Fear Mask activated, he could send it fleeing; or at least delay its approach, make it hesitant.
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Jeong Soo-Jin
Tag: Everyone

Jin wouldn't have believed that things could get any more insane or chaotic, but she would have been wrong. First the portal, the bugs and the fog, but now added to that came the sounds of a horn, a train, and last but not least some sort of tornado coming towards them. In the eye of the tornado she could see the two people that had somehow been lifted from her memory earlier, but she could recall everything now. At least the vaguely humanoid shaped tornado seemed to be under their control, perhaps like Al's goblin or her own monster Aspect thing.

Godmother's panicked tone legitimately frightened Jin, however. Even when she'd been rushing them along earlier, the white haired woman had never sounded anywhere near as concerned as she did now, which told Jin that things were bad, probably worse than they appeared. And it most likely had something to do with that dark figure that was floating their way.

A large blade suddenly sprouted out of the side of her buckler as she spun around and slashed another leaping insect in half, using the shield as a second sword now whenever it wasn't needed for defense. Then Jin and her Aspect both pivoted back towards the Godmother in perfect synchronization. "I swear!" Jin shouted without any hesitation this time, her instincts of self-preservation telling her that it was the right move to make before she turned back to fend off the onslaught of creepy crawlies, her Aspect doing the same. 

Ixy

Maggie Foss
Tag: All

Remembering the agony of Cern's moments on this plane, Maggie can't shake the chill of death-- the one certainty for a mere mortal, whatever gift or shared aspect Cern has given over to her-- is that there is certainly an end.  There was never an alternative... but Maggie feels that, what choice she makes now will carry through, in service to these beings that cheat death and reality to exist in these strange realms of dark and light.  Now, she must 'freely' swear to the only hope she has of survival in this realm... but is also the thing that brought her here?

The godmother's figure of light that looms over them, thrusting up her powers in their defense, like an angelic totem of all that is pure... the fae cradled in Maggie's pocket, strange and pure in their delicateness and simplistic devotion, adored this woman and rejoiced at her presence.  That kinship that she felt to Cern and to the little spirits with him-- it's like the woman is already in her blood, creeping her way into her life like the dawn-light over frozen fields, only now breaching the horizon though her light was known long before.

Yet, somehow, Maggie looks once more at the dark woman, bent only on consuming, on spreading... a cancer of twisting horrors that finds glee in torment.

Maggie, suddenly, hates them both with a certainty deep and violent, for yes, the gods are at play with their mortal toys, and Maggie- by fate or error- has become the lingering, bleeding mouse of two cruel and amused cats.  "Fine," she says, cold and steady in her stare at the godmother.  "I swear."

RainyHigh

Neela Roland
Tagging : Everyone

Neela followed behind Soo Jin closely and jumped at the sound of the train. Heart rate racing, Neela listened to the Godmother's plea for them to move faster and swear their allegiance to fight the darkness. Neela responded by raising her hands in the air, and letting her light shine through the darkness as best as she could.

Neela shouted loudly almost in time with the other kids, "I swear!" Neela took a step backwards and fell over something on the ground. On her bottom, she looked up at the dark figure coming towards the group, immediately she raised one of her hands and shone her light directly at the figure, curious to see what it was. "I swear."
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Moraline

The moment the last of them said the words, "I Swear," godmother's smile returned and her serene veneer took over. She was calm, in control and began to radiate energy that caused the insectoids crawling from the dark to suddenly shrivel up as if under the magnifying glasses.

A raspy sounding voice floated in the wind. It said something in an unintelligible language. Maggie would instinctively understand it though - her link to the Fae giving her a gift of communication. "I will have them all."

Godmother calmly walked over to the brook and the light in the water began to glow even brighter, the waters parted to reveal a shimmering set of steps that appeared to descend into blue sky. "There is a barrier between the mistlands and yours. If you cut here you can step through and you will find yourselves home again. This is your final step everyone... Leave now."

If Al would open the barrier then those stepping through would find themselves on the edge of the Barrens. The mist would be gone, the dawn was rising and off in the distance was the hum of city life. It was just them, no godmother, no dark figures, no insectoids, and nothing foreboding or menacing. Just the warmth of a fall morning.

Important OOC
Important OOC:

After you've made your next round of posts, send me a PM with how you personally see your arcane abilities working.
What sort of things you can see your character able to do currently as well as what you'd like to see them be able to do in the near future. Also if the spells have names, then give them names for me.