News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

On Tour (band needed)

Started by Rollard, October 22, 2010, 08:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovelygirl

I was thinking about her being like one of those girls that has the rock and roll fantasy lifestyle, but she's not psycho. She's a true fan, the kind of girl that just wants to get noticed and invited backstage. She knows every lyric, and travels to the states closest to her to see them, so she'd go to see them many times, but could not afford to follow them everywhere they toured. She's sexy, but keeps it understated, and not all "in your face" with her hot looks. She loves guitar players the most, and hopes she gets invited to meet her favorite band.

Samantha (Sam) Morgansen
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

Le Immortelle

Yays *hugs Angel Fire*

Finally we have a name woohoo!

Rollard

Well then, now that that's settled, do you think we have enough to begin the RP proper?

Angel Fire

I think that we have enough to start with.  We have enough band members and we have the groupie and manager.  We can always get more groupies and other bands to join in as we go along.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Rollard

I plan to start the topic tomorrow, then. Soon, I should also have the ability to link my Rock Band 3 profile to the website and create pictures of my bands. I'm going to try to recreate our band and post a picture of them here! And if I had a video capture device, I'd show a video of them in concert!

Le Immortelle

Just wondering, what kind of scenario we'll be going for?

Like, more of a road trip-ish stuff, or actual live performing, or just plain crazed out antics of rock and roll lifestyle?

Carlissa

I'm kinda interested in this... Maybe I could play a homeless high school drop out fan who has a crush on a male member?

Would it be okay if she acted as a backup member as well if she was needed?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Rollard

It's possible, Carlissa. I wonder how this RP attracted a lot of women? I can't think of very many female-centric rock bands other than Heart...

So anyways, I'm wondering how to begin the RP. Perhaps the band has a tour van they use to travel around town from venue to venue? Or maybe they're rich enough to have a bus and some roadies?

Angel Fire

I like the idea of a tour bus but maybe, the band has some friends that would be willing to help out as roadies to live the "Dream" of making it big.  Until the band makes it to a decent "underground" status where record companies would notice them, I think that this would be the way to go.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Le Immortelle

I agree with Angel Fire.

Like, they should start with being an underground act and maybe then hit it big in future slowly.

Carlissa

Hope this is good...

Name: Bella Klark

Appearance: Bella is a girl in her mid-teens, somewhere between the ages f 16 and 18. She has a cute face with big eyes and a small mouth that are both covered in black makeup. Her hair is long and messy, appearing in a long, emo-style haircut. Her hair is dyed blue with streaks of black moving all the way down her bangs, which reach down to her waist. Her frame is rather small, standing at 5’5.5. Her skin has a pale tone to it, but is smooth and not a single hair lays on it save for the ones on her head. She has good curves for a girl her age but not fully developed, giving her a sexy but youthful look. Her breasts are above average for her body size, having a bra size ranging somewhere in the upper C.

While Bella usually doesn’t consider fashion to be important, she is usually seen wearing gothic/emo like clothing. She wears black makeup on her lips and eyes, and sometimes puts on black nail polish. Her clothing is usually exposing, wearing tight shirts that expose her midriff and jean short shorts that barely cover her ass. She enjoys the attention that her exposing clothes give her, but have gotten her into a lot of trouble as well.

Background: Bella’s love for music originated from her love of video games. Ever since she was little, Bella played video games whenever she had spare time. She spent hours in her basement playing her N64, beating every level of every game she owned. Unlike most people, however, Bella paid close attention to details like graphics, physics, and soundtrack rather than just the gameplay. She expecially loved the music that played whenever she came across a boss or a hard enemy to defeat. She found the music to be so exiting, so motivational, that she couldn’t get enough!

Her love for video game music eventually developed into an interest for heavy and power metal. As she grew older, Bella began to listen to bands like Dragon Force, Metallica, Hammerfall, Kamelot, and other bands with high-paced music and heavy guitar. She also began to explore bands like Evanesence, Nightwish, and Within Temptation, which motivated her gothic-like appearance.

Not long after she got into music did she strive to learn how to play herself. She learned how to play the guitar, drums, and keyboard from a small music store a couple blocks from school. While the place was full of hippies (Not that it was a bad thing. Bella actually likes hippies, and would be one if it wasn’t for her love of metal), Bella learned a lot about music. She spent hours there, learning how to care for and play instruments as well as how to read and write music. Bella learned quickly, and became a very skilled musician. Thanks to her hippie teachers and love for music, Bella can now play with the best musicians. She specializes in fast guitar solos and drum solos, but has a hard time playing slowly.

Her love for music came at a cost, however. Her grades dropped dramatically and she eventually dropped out of school. Her parents were enraged, and kicked her out of the house. With no relatives to take her in, Bella didn’t have many choices of what to do with herself. She stayed with her hippie friends for a while, working at their shop for small income before she met Randy Cox. While she didn’t actually “meet” him, Bella was there when his band played their first gig. Almost instantly did Bella develop a crush on Randy, and became his biggest fan.

While homeless and penniless, Bella doesn’t fail to attend every one of Randy’s gigs, and follows them around wherever his band goes. Even though the band still fails to acknowledge her, Bella still remains one of their biggest fans, and is always in the front row whenever they play.

Bella’s dreams are to one day play with the band, and to “have Randy’s babies!” ((If you want to...))

Inspirations: Bella’s style of playing reflects that of power metal. Her favorite bands are Dragon Force, Hammerfall, Dream Evil, Nightwish, Breaking Benjamin, Blink 182, and E.S. Posthumus. Her favorite song is Eagleheart by Stratovarius.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Le Immortelle

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Rollard

Since we haven't officially started yet, yes. I think we still need a keyboardist. And a male singer.

Angel Fire

I like your ideas, Rolland... but if we are going to start out as an underground band, than we would be playing in almost small clubs... and trust me, there is not enough room on stage to fit seven band members and instruments.  I think that we can always search for the band members when we get a little bigger (such as college arenas and such before we can expand... unless we start when we are already at that level). To me, usually five is the limit for a band.  I am always keen on adding a male vocalist (ala Laguna Coil) but if we absolutely need keyboards, Mal can double up with them if needed.  Hope that can help with my concerns.

Spell

Dibs on the male singer! Will post a profile today!

*Is a singer in real-life too!* ^.^
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Wyrd

I'll be the Keyboard player then. If I can't be that I'd like be something along the lines of session or tour musician or a opening act and/or guest musician

*Was once a singer IRL for a symphonic metal band before I got kicked *
Ragtime Dandies!

Carlissa

*Pokes thread* Could we start this soon?

yuna0417

Hey?  What's going on with this?

lovelygirl

Sadly I think I have to drop out, I have too much coming up in RL to commit to a new play. But thanks anyway!
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

Rollard

First, we need a reference of who's who.

Then, we need to decide where to start. While the band is in their van? Before a concert? During a concert? After a concert?

yuna0417

Ok?  I am sure you had some ideas about that. 

Where in their career are they?  Popular enough that they are out of the city they started in and working the region they lived in?  Signed to a label?  Major tour?

Next: Where are they?  On the Road?  Post Show?  Day Before or after a show?  I want to see hands here, cause if noone says anything this is going to die.

kingOFcalifornication

I feel like it would be prudent to start at the beginning of like a major tour. Probably post show. Just to have some interesting shit happen.

Le Immortelle

Well, here's my take on things -

We can have RP start with them about to embark on the tour, albeit a small one with very limited staff in a small van. They would be signed to some indie record label. Maybe on the road? Just about to reach the place and as soon as they do, they're told that due to some rescheduling they're supposed to be on stage right away? It would make for some interesting fun.

Also do we have anyone playing a groupie now that lovelygirl has left?

Rollard

Well, since it was my idea, I suppose I have to be the one to begin the RP proper. Tell me when you're ready to begin!