News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

New Rules, take II

Started by Vekseid, June 23, 2008, 03:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

This should have been done a long time ago. I'm sorry for anyone who feels a bit slighted by the need to have had to read so much, and for those - on either side - who had to experience the drama of me feeling the need to explain overmuch why the insane list was present in the first place.

In the end we have about a third of our original rules set, itself significantly cut down.

Ultimately, I want Elliquiy to be an easygoing place. That means more changes and a few more will be discussed, but really, people were beginning to use the rules as a club...

So not what we wanted. After a point, I had a major flipping out moment... still feeling personally ill and sorry over that. So please, remember, rules are not weapons. Rules are tools.

Thank you.

The New Rules

Moondazed

They're much more concise, thank you :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Xillen

I really wonder what was in those 39 rules, because I don't seem to be missing anything :P

Vekseid

Aside from a few minor points, lots of nonsense that basically meant 'be civil and respect each other'.

NightBird

*nods*

Very nice. I think this iteration of site rules does a lot more to define the spirit rather than attempt to cover more examples. As such, I think it says who we are and what site management wants, providing people think. If they don't, to me, that seems clear evidence they need some education in the 'maturity' department, which the discussion of punitive measures makes clear.

So, yeah. This is good. *smiles*

It's now on my list to read over the FAQ again when I'm back from this con and make sure everything is discussed properly, all links still work, and all that, but I can think of few better reasons to do the once-over!

*applause*