Wonders of Eberron (3.5 DnD sandbox game, interest check)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 03, 2011, 10:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on March 07, 2011, 01:23:35 PM
I have a warforged named Cypher I might try out.

Sure, feel free make it.

Anycase note on house rule; I allow 2 flaws from unearthed arcana and below is house ruled flaw (which fits for excoriates example);

Disfavor of Houses
Reason or another you had offended four dragonmarked houses in extend that your blacklisted from their services. Meaning you cannot use said house provided services. Example if you have disfavor with house Cannith, no craftsman who works for Cannith makes items for you. Besides disfavor you suffer -4 penalty to all charisma checks done towards dragonmarked houses which for you have disfavor towards to. Player chooses 2 houses which towards he/she has disfavor and GM chooses 2 others.

Ironwolf85

hmmm warforged thief, er rouge, spurred on by cureosity and a love of mechanical things.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Zaer Darkwail

Rouge? A thief with heavy make up?

*pun intended*

Anycase if machines is source of curiosity why not rogue/artificer combo? Or plain sneaky artificer.

Ironwolf85

nah I meant stuff like little intricate things, like him buying a clockwork toy for absloutely no reason, or obsessively talking over an intricate lock or trap as he disarms it
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, ok. Make charsheet and I check it and then approve it. Then make thread for you or someone else too if they would like join with you in single thread.

NicciKotor

Fey Silverstar
Level 3 Elven Priestess

Ability Scores: 12/17/10/12/16/14
Hp: 20
Speed: 30 Feet
Ac: 18 = 10 + 5 armor + 3 dex
Flat footed AC: 15
Touch AC: 13
Saves: 3/4/6
BaB/Grapple: +2/+3
Attack: Longbow +6, 1d8+1 dmg; Longsword +3, 1d8+1 dmg.
Skills: Concentration +6, Diplomancy +5, Heal +7, Know arcane, religion, history +2, spellcast +7.
Feats: Point blank shot, precise shot, spontaneous Domain(fire)
Specials: Turn undead attempts - 5
Spells:
4/3/2

0: create water(2), detect magic, light
1: shield of faith, conviction, onscuring mist
2: resist energy, divine protection

Domain: fire and elf
1: burning hands
2: produce flame

1: true strike
2: Cat's grace
Spell DC:13/14/15
Equipment:
+1 mithril chainshirt  - 1270 gp
MW composite longbow - 550 gp
crystal of least adaptation - 250 gp
healing belt - 375 gp
50 arrows - 50 gp
bedroll - 1sp - 5
blanket - 5sp - 3
candle - 1 cp
ten flask - 10 sp
manacles,master work - 50 gp - 2
mirror - 10 gp - .5lb
ink - 8 gp
paper - 12 sp 4 sheets
rope, silk - 10 gp- 5
soap - 5 gp - 1 lb
water skin - 1 gp - 1 lb
tent - 5 gp - 10 lb
longsword - 15 gp
130 gp
Languages: Common, elven, sylvan

(More pictures!)

http://hotfile.com/dl/109356997/d4019aa/Ornella.7z.html

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Zaer Darkwail

Yush, charsheet looks okay. Now need background and also where you are after Last War and why? Also what was your role in Last War where all nations fought each other in massive warfare.

ulthakptah

I'm thinking about making a swashbuckler. Would I be allowed to use Items from sources like dragon magazine. There is a polearm in there I really like, and how do you feel about assassins only being evil? I kinda want to use that class at a later level and I was wondering if I had to be evil.

Kunoichi

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 08, 2011, 10:13:37 PM
I'm thinking about making a swashbuckler. Would I be allowed to use Items from sources like dragon magazine. There is a polearm in there I really like, and how do you feel about assassins only being evil? I kinda want to use that class at a later level and I was wondering if I had to be evil.

Take look on the link Kunoichi provided regarding non-evil assassin. Anyways provide stats of the polearm and I will consider allowing it perhaps.

ulthakptah

Wow, shocking development. I found that the weapon is actually from the Eberron campaign setting. It was just so ridiculous that I thought there was no way it could be printed anywhere other than that dragon magazine. Exotic weapon two handed with reach. Talenta Sharrash 1d10 19-20x4. Best of all, all I have to do is make the character from the Talenta plains and I don't have to take an exotic weapon proficiency feat.

Edit: I think I'm going to take the Disfavor of Houses flaw. Maybe make one of the reasons be I killed one of their leaders or champions in defense of my homeland to get that requirement for Avenger. Do you want to go ahead and pick the two houses I have disfavor with, before I pick the other two?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my two choices actually depend which dragonmarked heir you killed during Last War. Aye, the damn scythe is bane in melee but thankfully it is used only by halflings :P. Or if it is used someone else then it asks quite heck of explanation.

Anyways for reason for disfavor needs to be big, so striking down a high ranked dragonmarked heir works. In last war there was common treaty which said all dragonmarked heirs should be considered non-combatant, including house Jorasco healers who could keep warriors alive to cause more destruction. So if you openly breached conduict of said contract publicly......perhaps in neutral ground somewhere.....then it could be source of disfavor. But again; my two house choices depends what dragonmarked heir you killed and why exactly. Why one dragonmarked heir was a threat?

I could think example killing a siberys marked heir (a +12 level char) who is from house Lyrandar with siberys mark of storm......as that mark gives Storm of Vengeance usable 2/day could be major threat to any nation. Even if said person worked only as transport guy.

Anycase my thougths but I let you decide choose; Which heir you killed. Then I decide 2 houses which disfavor you got besides the house where heir belonged to. Then you choose final 4th house which does not give services to you.

ulthakptah

Since I'm going to be from the Talenta plains, I guess I could have killed a dragonmark heir in defending some halfling tribe, or some dinosaurs. He would probably be from Deneith house since they were mercenaries for both sides during the war, and is located near the Talenta plains.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I would imagine it hard to cause offense by killing Deneith in war where it's rather expected but if person had family who feels grudge towards you for childish reason......

My two listed houses who could be upset for that; House Medani (there was member who failed detect you in time to save Deneith heir and gave house bad name), House Thuranni (because you killed the guy first :P). Choose last one and reason for it.

NicciKotor

Going to do a background where after the explosion of Crye and the death of my entire house, I got captured by a rival house and used for their pleasures, due to my exotic background and heritage. Forced into naughty bondage and other extreme sexual positions, until I killed my way to escape and freedom. But to this day I still have the urges of being tied up and fucked silly, and other intense sexual desires from my time of captivity.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I recall Aerenal elves have black/chocolate dark skin and overall dark appearance. Near drowish but not quite. So perhaps one your parents was/were a aerenal elf married to dragonmarked house in Cyre before it exploded. Note that you have dozen or so cousins with other members of the house (so Phiarlan house did not blow up entirely in Cyre but one their major crafting sectors was). Then house which kidnapped you was probably Thuranni. As Phiarlan and Thuranni houses, who share same mark, are bitter rivals with each other.

So in such scenario a Thuranni scout party snagged you and was forced to work in their 'sex slave' constitution before you succeed escape after treaty of thronehold had been completed. At least my pieces of info. But besides that I need educate you Nicci what cyrians are, as altough you was raised in house you got Cyrian influence in your background.

Also another important thing; each house family (especially subsection) has secret performance art which is passed down from parents to their children. Consider it invidual family trumph card performances which measures your status inside the house. Every family has one. So think what has been your family heritaged performance, you may not be able yet perform it but you can learn do so it later.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 09, 2011, 08:07:25 AM
Wow, shocking development. I found that the weapon is actually from the Eberron campaign setting. It was just so ridiculous that I thought there was no way it could be printed anywhere other than that dragon magazine. Exotic weapon two handed with reach. Talenta Sharrash 1d10 19-20x4. Best of all, all I have to do is make the character from the Talenta plains and I don't have to take an exotic weapon proficiency feat.

...Yeah, they fixed that in errata.  It's just 19-20/x2, not x4. ^^;

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 09, 2011, 03:28:00 PM
That's really lame a glaive would be more preferable and it is only a martial weapon. In fact more martial weapons with reach are better than that. The Lucerne Hammer has a x4.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 09, 2011, 03:28:00 PM
Anyway that throws a pretty big wrench into my plans for this character. Could we just pretend that Kunoichi didn't point that out and still have that weapon be ridiculous and deadly?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 09, 2011, 04:08:17 PM
Anyway that throws a pretty big wrench into my plans for this character. Could we just pretend that Kunoichi didn't point that out and still have that weapon be ridiculous and deadly?

Sorry, I prefer keep that cheese off from the table :P. It's still good weapon tough.

who149

I'm working on My character sheet right now.

Dor'rin
As for the background. He was basic Infantry who made it out with a few scars. Nobody really knows he's a Sorcerer, he keeps it a secret from everybody, practicing only in secret.  He has become a competent swordsman from the war though.

I'm still unsure about his appearance. He's an Elf (yes I have a thing for elves) he mostly uses bows. But is well practiced in the use of sword. He wears light armor never wearing gloves so that his hands may be free to cast spells.

(character sheet comming up)
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 09, 2011, 04:40:40 PM
Sorry, I prefer keep that cheese off from the table :P. It's still good weapon tough.
Drats, it would have been so cool. *crumples up digital sheet* Back to square one. At least now I have no reason to be from the creepy halfling lands.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I assume you make him kind of gish (mix figther and sorcerer levels)? Or perhaps mix sorcerer and ranger levels so you get skill points and feats help with the concept?

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 09, 2011, 04:50:24 PM
Drats, it would have been so cool. *crumples up digital sheet* Back to square one. At least now I have no reason to be from the creepy halfling lands.

Rofl, is there nto saying in Sharn that 'even in rainy day something good happens?'

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 09, 2011, 04:51:41 PM
Rofl, is there nto saying in Sharn that 'even in rainy day something good happens?'

Going by the official published adventures for Eberron, the saying for that should probably be 'Any time it rains in Sharn, a group of adventurers stumble across a body'. :P

who149

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!