Titanic 2012 (Open)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, June 04, 2013, 01:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Titanic, one of the most grand voyages of the 20th century. One that will always be remembered as it entered it’s watery grave at 2:00 in the morning. It’s a world known story one that is explored and researched thoroughly regularly. 100 years later Alexander Bell has taken advantage of the wide known crash and built a duplicate of the Titanic, though with better material's and over all make up in the bowels. It’s a simulation cruise meant to take the same path, at the same pace as the original Titanic. The cruise is meant to reach out to couples though anyone can purchase a ticket.

Just like the original Titanic there are different classes, though the first class does cost more than the lower cabins. The different classes aren't supposed to co-mingle but things do happen. The cruise is supposed to be one of luxury, taking people bath in time without actually doing it. Letting people get a slight experience of what it would have been like on the Titanic.

Like the original Titanic things are doomed to go awry, almost as if destined to follow in the tragic footsteps of it's namesake. The Titanic II, as Alexander deemed it, doesn't sink though. No instead the entire cruise goes great until the body is found in the bowels of the cruise. People aren’t told about the body at first, not wanting to cause panic. When the Masquerade Ball is held though a mass murder begins, leaving the passengers in a panic, a few escaping and banding together. Though none can know who the murder is.

I would just like to add that this will be sexual, as we've got days before the first murder is discovered. Also if someone would like to play the murderer please let me know! I'm open to that. Also if anyone wants to create secondary characters who get killed off please feel free but let us know that those are your intentions!

Bio

Name:
Orientation:
Personality:
History:
Class: (Which class you're on in the Titanic, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or E block)
Looks:

My Bio

Name: Penelope Stewart

Orientation: Heterosexual

Personality: Penelope is steadfast, stubborn, and happy. The girl is never without a smile and has a tendency to make others laugh even if it's at her own expense. Penny, as she prefers is typically a mature girl though she knows how to have fun and cut loose at times.

History: Penny was raised in a little town outside of Miami by a pair of loving parents. They sent her to all the best schools they could afford, dance lessons, singing lessons, art lessons, gymnastics lessons, anything they thought a little girl might want to do. When she graduated high school Penelope was sent to the college of her choice, which was a culinary arts school in Miami though she kept up with her vigorous gymnastics training. Saving up for three years for the vacation of her dreams Penny was surprised when Titanic II came around and jumped at it.

Class: Second Class

Looks:
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Florence

Tentatively interested :o

I have a vague idea of a really pretty boy, either bisexual or gay, but... I think I'll wait to see what other characters people may play before I commit.

Edit: Fixed minor typo :U
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

AmbrosiaPudding

Well thanks for your interest! Regardless if it's tentative.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Chreestafer

I'm definitely in if your still looking.  As for the body being found do you have an idea as to whome it might be? I have an idea I'd you'd care to listen :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

persephone325

Mark me down as interested. I love a good murder mystery. :-)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Prince Truhan

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 04, 2013, 08:42:55 AM
I'm definitely in if your still looking.  As for the body being found do you have an idea as to whome it might be? I have an idea I'd you'd care to listen :)

I was just going to make it a random maid or something but I love to listen to ideas!
Quote from: persephone325 on June 04, 2013, 09:14:00 AM
Mark me down as interested. I love a good murder mystery. :-)

Thanks for your interest please go ahead and submit a bio!
Quote from: Prince Truhan on June 04, 2013, 10:55:59 AM
Count me as interested

Glad to have you!

Quote from: Blinkin on June 04, 2013, 12:44:41 PM
Colored me intrigued. Would a member of the ship's crew be ok? Say a first class maid or such? Someone who would have access to first class and be able to move about the ship, but not a passenger or officer?

Yes that's fine.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

jilorbb

Name: Dorean Gates
Orientation: mostly asexual, pansexual when his interest is actually peaked.
Personality: Dorean is quiet and eloquently soft-spoken. He almost appears as a wilted flower in crowded company, but it isn't for lack of self-esteem. He is simply a little on the shy side, but he has his passions and when they are aroused, he'll gleefully join the conversation. He is polite and does not care much for crude humor, though he often ignores those that offend in such a way rather than confront them about it.
History: The boy was sheltered and treasured by his parents from the start - he was the second of their expected children, but only the first to survive. Even still, he was born prematurely and suffered health problems as an infant. Always fearing the worst for him, his parents worked very hard to make his life safe and comfortable - and money was no object. He was home schooled with private instructors in all necessary subjects as well as French, Chinese, Fencing, Piano and Riding. He did as he was required to, obliging all of his family's wishes rather than rebel against the tight cage they kept him in. History became his passion and is the reason for his voyage. Sparing no expense, his protective parents have bought him the finest passage possible and arranged for him to have all the creature comforts of home while away.
Class: 1st
Looks:

AmbrosiaPudding

Wonderful! Three characters, including my own. Now let's get about three or four more!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

persephone325

My memory isn't what it used to be. What is the difference between 3rd class and E block?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AmbrosiaPudding

E block is basically those who couldn't afford a good ticket. 3rd class was typically reserved for lower middle class as well as some of the staff.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

persephone325

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on June 04, 2013, 07:25:15 PM
E block is basically those who couldn't afford a good ticket. 3rd class was typically reserved for lower middle class as well as some of the staff.

OK. And this is taking place in 2014, right? Or 2012? I know it says 100 years later, I just can't remember if the Titanic sank in 1912 or 1914. Pretty sure it's 1914, but I could be wrong.
I don't know.

AmbrosiaPudding

It's taking place in 2012. The Titanic sank April 15th 1912 at 2 a.m.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

persephone325

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on June 04, 2013, 07:36:07 PM
It's taking place in 2012. The Titanic sank April 15th 1912 at 2 a.m.

Oh wow. I can't believe it really has been 100 years! Jeez...

* persephone325 has a moment of silence

Alright. I'll send you my sheet soon. Any limitations on character creation?
I don't know.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: persephone325 on June 04, 2013, 07:40:27 PM
Oh wow. I can't believe it really has been 100 years! Jeez...

* persephone325 has a moment of silence

Alright. I'll send you my sheet soon. Any limitations on character creation?

As in how many you can make? I'll go with two at one time. I need to make my second character also. Though once a character dies, if those are your intentions I'll happily involve another one.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

persephone325

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on June 04, 2013, 07:41:58 PM
As in how many you can make? I'll go with two at one time. I need to make my second character also. Though once a character dies, if those are your intentions I'll happily involve another one.

OK. Thanks for answering my questions. :-)
I don't know.

AmbrosiaPudding

Part of my job! I'm happy to do it.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Florence

I think I'll work out my character more :o I'm thinking a very trap-ish kind of character. Though I may have a little trouble finding the right image for that character, since people are using real images, and I want to make sure I match the aesthetic and tone. Don't wanna be playing an anime moe trap in a super realistic setting xD But still... I can do it :I Pretty guys DO exist!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on June 04, 2013, 07:44:40 PM
I think I'll work out my character more :o I'm thinking a very trap-ish kind of character. Though I may have a little trouble finding the right image for that character, since people are using real images, and I want to make sure I match the aesthetic and tone. Don't wanna be playing an anime moe trap in a super realistic setting xD But still... I can do it :I Pretty guys DO exist!

Yes they do haha. I'm glad that your tentative interest has changed to a full blown interest.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Florence

... hmmm... I forget... is it against the rules to use the image of a minor, even if the character is over 18? I believe it is, but I wanna doublecheck, cause unfortunately every really pretty guy I can find is like... 16-17.

SERIOUSLY. SO CLOSE. In ONE MONTH I can use Yohio's images xD

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fcpScn9Nz-Q/URj-Y74hZfI/AAAAAAAABj8/mRyM0JJ2wTM/s1600/Vadim+Shatilov+%2815%29.jpg

Can't find an age for that guy, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume I can use this image with a clean conscience. :o

Decided to just link to it instead of uploading and embedding  it after checking on the rules xD JUST IN CASE.

AmbrosiaPudding

I'm going to make the assumption, as he is modeling, that he is probably over the age of 18 as most models have to adhere to that rule.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Prince Truhan

Name: Wilson Mikes

Orientation: Straight

Personality: Wilson has an easygoing and funloving personality, he can easily charm his way into any party, and acts as if everything was meant to go his way and more often than not it did.

History: Wilson was born to well doing middle class family that paid for his education. They loved him and raised him as best as they could, however in his early twenties he fell into a deep near suicidal depression, therapy couldn't help him, but eventually he turned his life around himself. He claims he faced his own mortality and realized life is great and meant to be enjoyed.

Looks:

(Let me know if he is alright)

AmbrosiaPudding

He's great! Thanks so much.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Xanthaine

Name: Rebecca 'Kinzie' MacKinzie

Orientation: Lesbian

Personality: Kinzie is pretty laid back over most things, annoyingly hard to anger and irritatingly short lasting that way. She couldn't hold a grudge in a grudge bag. Granted she seems to wear this 'don't give a crap' attitude like a knight wears armour, but not many people are willing to plumb into the depths of her personality to find out... her apathy creates an almost perfect anti-armour piercing shield. Other than that she's polite and tends to joke around, preferring to fill her life with laughter than misery and overt seriousness.

History: Kinzie is the middle child of Charles MacKinzie, an Australian CEO of more corporations than anyone would believe. And while her big brother was determined to go into business, and her genius little sister wanted to become a neuro-ocular-pulmonary-ologist or whatever, the middle daughter was rather left by the wayside... as it stands after staying with relatives in (I presume, if we're following the Titanic story) the United Kingdom she is to board a luxury cruise ship and go to college in the USA, so that Charles MacKinzie can boast about the two children he's proud of and hide the normal one under the sofa somewhere.

Class: 1st (But she'll avoid that whole area if she can)

Looks:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Forgive me if I'm jumping guns by throwing in a character before checking interest (Once I get an idea I tend to run with it blindly) and feel free to disregard this whole post. :3

Florence

Name: Sparrow Curtis
Orientation: Homosexual
Personality: Sparrow is social and polite, always quick with a smile and willing to make friends where he can get them. He loves books intensely, reading them and writing them. He's not a heavy drinker, though he does enjoy wine, especially having a glass while working on his books. He's also got a huge sweet tooth, as well as a fondness for cheeses, though, as he tries to watch his weight, he tends to feel guilty after he's gorged on them. Perhaps his guiltiest of pleasures, though, is crossdressing. It isn't a sexual thing, necessarily, for him, he's simply always found women's clothing to be much more elegant and beautiful than male's clothes. His parents heavily chastised him for this, when they payed attention enough to notice, and thus he's pushed it to the back of his mind. As a result, he tends to have a little bit of  sad look on his face when talking clothes or fashion, but generally denies being sad at all.
History: The son of a wealthy family, Sparrow has never wanted for a thing, except his parents attention. He caused trouble for attention when he was younger, but as he grew up he began to bury himself in things he could be passionate about. Particularly he grew fond of writing, especially love stories; and eventually be began to be fairly successful in selling his novels. He hit a slump, recently, however, and found himself unable to find any inspiration for his stories, and his stress was only added to when his parents began to complain to him about his lack of a love-life, being insistent on having grandchildren. When he heard about the Titanic II, he jumped at the idea to explore a romantic time period and feel first hand what it must have been like in those days, to be on a ship like that. He quickly threw together enough money for a 1st Class ticket to find inspiration and a brief escape from his worries.
Looks: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fcpScn9Nz-Q/URj-Y74hZfI/AAAAAAAABj8/mRyM0JJ2wTM/s1600/Vadim+Shatilov+%2815%29.jpg