News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[NC-E] Vampire Underground

Started by The Great Triangle, May 28, 2008, 06:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

This game is currently closed.  Please refer to my Hunter the Vigil: Monster Hunting for Fun and Profit game if you would like to play a vampire in the World of Darkness.

Daeva: Sexy Vampires who have trouble avoiding indulging their vices

Gangrel: Animalistic Vampires who have difficulty with higher reasoning

Mekhet: Stealthy and intelligent Vampires who explode at the slightest touch of sunlight

Noseferatu: Strong, scary Vampires who are too scary to have tea parties

Ventrue: Dominant Vampires who risk going utterly insane
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Elvi

Might get more takers Triangle, if you put it in players wanted?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

The Great Triangle

Yeah, I just noticed that I put this in the wrong forum. 

I'll be Pming a Siren shortly to fix the oversight!

EDIT: Yay!  Back on track!

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

The game is getting underway, but could use a few player archtypes to help round it out.

WANTED:  Scheming Enforcers

In the political environment of Seattle, vampires are always on edge.  There are vampires who keep the balance of vampire society through judicious application of force.  In the light, the Sherriff punishes vampires who commit crimes against society, while in the darkness, the Hound drags those who cross the Prince into hell.  These enforcers are not guaranteed to be trustworthy, however, and people with covert political ambitions always seek the positions.  (A note to current players: The enforcers will have NPC vampire criminals to help keep them occupied.  They'll only be a threat to you if you're plotting to overthrow society or get in the way of their plot to overthrow society.   :))

WANTED: Club Hopping Dandies

In the darkened clubs of the city of Seattle, predators stalk the night, slaking their thirsts against innocent victims.  Some vampires rely on glamour rather than stealth or strength, and it is these vampires who are the most dangerous... 

Ons and Offs

Shadow's Kiss

is it always best to stir the fire? To say yes its mine, then to walk away in denial? The fire is you, or is it me. or is it just apart of a feeling left....to be left alone.

The Great Triangle

Unfortunately, this game is currently dead at the moment, but if enough people wish to join, then I'm willing to start it back up.  I'd prefer that all members joining the game be part of the same coiterie (vampire adventuring party) however.

Ons and Offs

Shadow's Kiss

WEll werent we supposed to have a game going?
is it always best to stir the fire? To say yes its mine, then to walk away in denial? The fire is you, or is it me. or is it just apart of a feeling left....to be left alone.

Aiden

If you are still looking for players I'd like to take up a role as a "scheming enforcer"

RubySlippers

I'm in, club hopping dandy yep that is the ticket. lol

If there is still room.

The Great Triangle

Yeah, alright, A game where the players play as a group of vampires in the Prince's inner court seems to be the order of the day.

I think the vampire clans and covenants are at the begining of the page.  If you guys can flesh out your character concepts a bit with clans and covenants,  (Ruby is picking Daeva, obviously) I'll get to work designing the game.  It might just be in the same venue as a werewolf: the Forsaken game I'm planning, with possible crossovers.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Daeva ,maybe, I'm not sure yet. I could see other clans like the Gangrel being party animals just more bestial and wild. I can be rather creative.

The Great Triangle

hehe, a Gangrel club hopper, now THAT I'd like to see.

Oh, I'm such a pathetic gangrel fanboy....

*can't wait for the gangrel clanbook to finally come out dammit!*

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

I'm not saying I will do one I just pointed out club hoppers do not have to be exactly educated do they?

Looks and sexual magnetism go a long way to making the hunt, fun. Daeva though are the social chameleons and are more likely.

RubySlippers

Quote from: The Great Triangle on September 09, 2008, 05:18:47 PM
hehe, a Gangrel club hopper, now THAT I'd like to see.

Oh, I'm such a pathetic gangrel fanboy....

*can't wait for the gangrel clanbook to finally come out dammit!*

Name: Frida Santiago
Clan: Gangrel
Bloodline: none
Covenant: Unaligned
Virtue: Temperence
Vice: Lust
Concept: Urban Social Predator

Picture: http://fantasti.cc/user/sistersinday/images/image/96791

Abilities:

Power: 2 (Presence +1)    Finesse: 2 (Manipulation +1)   Resistance: 2  (Composure +1, Stamina +1)

Mental Skills:

Academics: 1  (Kindred Law +2)  Crafts: 1   Investigation: 1

Physical Skills:

Athletics: 1   Combat: 2 (Dodge +1, Fencing +2)   Stealth: 1

Social Skills:

Persuasion: 3  (Animal Ken +1)  Socialize: 3 (Seduction +2)  Streetwise: 1 (Streetwise +1)

Merits:
Barfly 1
Haven (Location 0, Size 1, Security 0)
Language (English) 2
Resources 3
Striking Looks 4

Disciplines:
Animalism 1
Majesty 1
Protean 2
~Meld with Earth, Natural Stone, Worked Stone, Wood and Water~
Resilence 1

Willpower: 5   Health: 7    Defense: 2   Blood:     Blood Potency: 1

Humanity 7

So far so good. I'll work on the rest of her.  ;D
I focused alot on Protean its advanced more than enough to make survival very high she can meld pretty well anywhere in the city short of with metal but I did give her an apartment with a standard resting place, she may embrace someday after all.

Shadow's Kiss

The Great Triangle

Ah, what the heck, 35 xp per chacter.  Please contact me if you're having trouble creating your character.  I can even do it for you, if you like.  Yep, getting a game together, go ahead and call the neighborhood.  Only restriction is that your characters be able to work together.

Also, Ruby, I'll give you 10 extra xp for each character sheet you help other players to make.  Other players: PM ruby if I'm not online or if I'm feeling surly and not like helping you.   :)

As for a majesty granting gangrel bloodline, I'd let you have a Gangrel bloodline that grants majesty while switching animalism for Vigor.  The bloodline weakness is that they must spend blood equal to their blood potency to wake up each night.  I think I'll call the bloodline the Draculinae, a group of gangrel who adapted to urban environments, but at the cost of their connection with animals and a much stronger than normal appetite for blood.  The bloodline is beleived to be descended from the mistress' of Vlad Tepes, and maintains very small numbers, embracing exclusively among particularly beautiful females capable of withstanding the savagery that a requiem as a Draculina requires.

The bloodline is considered an ecological threat, and if your weakness is publically revealed, you'll be unable to raise any vampiric status merit above 3, except for covenant status (ordo dracul).  Also, I should note that the coild of blood does not negate your weakness.  Subtract your blood potency from your resolve before determining how many days you can go without using blood to wake up.  If your blood potency is higher than your resolve, you need to use blood equal to the difference to wake up.

Obviously, the bloodline pushes you towards Ordo Dracul, but if your character doesn't like or beleive in their insane nonsense, then she'll be desperately unhappy.

Ons and Offs

Aiden

Where can I get/look for the "literature" on making a character, i would like to read up a bit on it. Is there a site with the information?

The Great Triangle

The closest would be to look up a vampire quick start at white wolf.  (http://www.white-wolf.com/downloads.php?category_id=14)

That gives you the basics of the rules, although I'm using a simplified character creation system to save time and allow you to create a character without need for the rules.  The only part you'll need help for is merits and disciplines, which you can either PM me or ruby about, or, if you're truly dedicated, spend some time at any major chain bookstore looking up in the rulebooks.  (You'll want to look at the World of Darkness rulebook for merits, and the Vampire: the Requiem rulebook for disciplines.)  My character creation rules can be found here about 3/4 down the way on the page.

There are lists of the merits and disciplines in the game available online, actually, but I don't have a link handy.  5xp to the first person to link a list of merits and possibly a set of discipline cards along with a description of the clan disciplines.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Quote from: The Great Triangle on September 09, 2008, 09:24:30 PM
Ah, what the heck, 35 xp per chacter.  Please contact me if you're having trouble creating your character.  I can even do it for you, if you like.  Yep, getting a game together, go ahead and call the neighborhood.  Only restriction is that your characters be able to work together.

Also, Ruby, I'll give you 10 extra xp for each character sheet you help other players to make.  Other players: PM ruby if I'm not online or if I'm feeling surly and not like helping you.   :)

As for a majesty granting gangrel bloodline, I'd let you have a Gangrel bloodline that grants majesty while switching animalism for Vigor.  The bloodline weakness is that they must spend blood equal to their blood potency to wake up each night.  I think I'll call the bloodline the Draculinae, a group of gangrel who adapted to urban environments, but at the cost of their connection with animals and a much stronger than normal appetite for blood.  The bloodline is beleived to be descended from the mistress' of Vlad Tepes, and maintains very small numbers, embracing exclusively among particularly beautiful females capable of withstanding the savagery that a requiem as a Draculina requires.

The bloodline is considered an ecological threat, and if your weakness is publically revealed, you'll be unable to raise any vampiric status merit above 3, except for covenant status (ordo dracul).  Also, I should note that the coild of blood does not negate your weakness.  Subtract your blood potency from your resolve before determining how many days you can go without using blood to wake up.  If your blood potency is higher than your resolve, you need to use blood equal to the difference to wake up.

Obviously, the bloodline pushes you towards Ordo Dracul, but if your character doesn't like or beleive in their insane nonsense, then she'll be desperately unhappy.

No I want to work towards founding the bloodline not start out with one stop ruining the fun and I've not decided if I want to do a bloodline yet. Its a long term project if ever. She might get diverted into doing something else if that is more appealing to her.
;D

Right now I just want to buy Majesty extra at one dot something she picked up and there is nothing wrong with animalism I can see her having a cute Yorkie or something.

Shadow's Kiss

RubySlippers

No, not at all hon.

Anyone need help just ask.

The Great Triangle

Ah, animalism, most broken discipline in the game.  You can quite easily get around 30-40 extra dice in combat at level 2 with a few well spent retainer merits, and with higher levels, you can become pretty damned hard to kill, especially combined with Protean.

For everyone's convenience, I'll reproduce character creation rules here.

Character Sheet:

Abilities:

Power:     Finesse:     Resistance:

Mental Skills:

Academics:    Crafts:      Investigation:

Physical Skills:

Athletics:     Combat:     Stealth:

Social Skills:

Persuasion:   Socialize:    Streetwise:

Merits:

Disciplines:

Humanity:

Willpower:    Health:     Defense:    Blood:    Blood Potency:

All abilities start at one.  You get to add three points worth of increases.  After that, you get four ability specialties. 

Specialties add a +1 bonus to any dice pool or stat involving them, or a +2 bonus if they represent a very narrow specialty.  The same +1 specialty may be selected twice to increase it to a +2 specialty.  Common Power Specialties: Strength, Intellegence, Charisma.   Common Finesse Specialties: Dexterity, Wits, Manipulation.  Common Resistnace Specialties: Stamina, Resolve, Composure

All skills start at 0.  Choose a primary skill area  (physical, mental or social), and add 5 points worth of skills to the skill categories in that primary skill area.  Select a secondary skill area, and add four points worth of skills to the skill categories in that area.  Finally, add 3 points worth of skills to the skill catagories in your tertiary skill area.  A character may not start with a skill rated at level five or higher.  After distributing skill dots, add 6 skill specialties.  Skill specialties work the same as ability specialties.

Gain 7 points of merits.  All merits from second sight, armory, reliquary, Werewolf: the Forsaken, and werewolf supplements are allowed.  Merits of particular note include Fighting Finesse (use dexterity instead of strength for melee weapons, 2 points), Mentor (someone to teach you the ropes, 1-5 points), Haven (A place to stay), Herd (People who will let you suck their blood, 1-5 points), Resources (Money and Assets, 1-5 points), Contacts (people who owe your favors, 1 point per person or orginization), Status (how well known you are in vampire society, 1-5 points) and Common Sense (you know the tropes of horror movies.  4 points.)  You may also spend merit points to raise your Blood Potency for 3 points per point of Blood Potency.  Raising your blood potency to 2 enables you to become a member of a bloodline, which gives you an additional discipline which may be purchased cheaply in exchange for an additional weakness.

You get 3 points worth of disciplines, or "kewl powerz" 2 of which must come from your clan disciplines.  Consult someone who has the books for information on disciplines.

Humanity starts at 7, but may be reduced by up to 2 points to receive 5 xp per point.  If your character reduces his or her Humanity to 5, he or she gains a mild mental illness.

Health is equal to Resistance + 5, Defense is equal to Finesse, Willpower is equal to twice Resistance, and starting blood is rolled randomly by the GM.  Having a herd and a haven will help to ensure you won't go hungry.

Ons and Offs

Aiden

If this is going to go along with the werewolf story, I am switching my character to a were and make a character over there.

The Great Triangle

Alright, see you in that story.   :)

(I must admit one of my main reasons for giving the vampires extra xp was to help cover the possiblity of werewolf/vampire contact, although if a crossover happens, it's more likely to be a team up situation if PCs on both sides are involved.)

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Quote from: The Great Triangle on September 09, 2008, 10:48:13 PM
Ah, animalism, most broken discipline in the game.  You can quite easily get around 30-40 extra dice in combat at level 2 with a few well spent retainer merits, and with higher levels, you can become pretty damned hard to kill, especially combined with Protean.

I favor protean lets see suns coming up and I'm in the big park lets hope in the fountan and merge with the water or merge with the WWI war memorial or heck even the parking lot... makes the need for a really expensive haven kind of mute.

And its so cheap 12 xp plus 2 Dots in Protean for all the elements they can do.

But as a city and urban gangrel that loves to party. For her vice I'm not sure what I'll take but guttony is not a bad choice but lust could fit as well.
:-\

Werewolves lets see fangs, claws, magic powers and well huge- runs to the nearest arge body of water and jumps in merging and goes into torpor until the bad crap blows over.
:D