News:

Main Menu

GAME RAGE!!!

Started by CaptainNexus616, January 20, 2015, 11:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Everyone who plays PAYDAY 2...I hate Car Shop. I really fucking hate Car Shop. And I have to play it in order to clear the stupid fucking boost!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

sleepingferret

Car Shop you say?  Hmmm... I'll have to take a look at this, I've never run that one.  Anything that involves stealth, I've avoided... though I did manage to pull off one Jewelry Store heist as a stealth run.  Though I did have my Akimbo Crosskills ready to rock and roll, if all hell broke loose.

So I got my Achievement for a stealth run out of that one.... but past that.... um, it's "Hit the floor you (insert excessive string of expletives here) or I'll blow your (insert second string of expletives here) heads off!!!"  And well, as for the oh so lovely law enforcement officers that get in the way.... they just get their heads blown apart.

It's like doing the good fashioned "Mallcrashers" and walking in with a machine gun, and just lighting up the entire place..... $50,000 worth of damage in no time.  And if a poor law enforcement officer or mall security guy gets in your line of fire...well he gets splattered.

Angie

Yeah, Car Shop is really annoying. Here's what you gotta do: Find the Storage Room with the car keys (this can be done in casing mode). then, find the manager and either kill him or tie him down (I kill him because it's easier carting a body bag). Use his keycard to open his office. Find the name of the new IT guy. Hack new IT guy's computer (this takes 100 seconds). Did I mention you need to do all of this in stealth because if the cops are called and the cars get bullet holes, the job's ruined? Anyway, once the computer's hacked, you go back outside to the van, grab some c4, plant it on a nearby construction site, and then go grab the keys. Once you have the keys, Bain blows the c4 and you're on the clock. You then have to drive the car 1000 meters down a winding tunnel, and the controls are so goddamn stiff it's like trying to control a shopping cart that has three wheels that don't spin.

The reason this is all so annoying is the car shop is rather small and doesn't have a lot of good cover. Without a lot to break line of sight, which is what the whole stealth mechanic is built on, I have run into so many situations where a civvie will spot me and trigger an avalanche of detections that it becomes easier to restart. Pretty much all the civvies move, except for ones that are sitting or occasionally the manager. It's widely regarded among the community as one of the worst maps OVK's ever done, and worse, unlike Shadow Raid, the reward isn't really worth it.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Warlock

Raged quit when I was unable to beat Nihilus in KotoR with my Dark-Side character. Though not quite able to leave the game I rerolled a new character, light side, and proceded to beat the game with him instead. Looking back, you realise that you had no idea what you were doing when playing.

Mr L

Quote from: xerohour on January 25, 2015, 10:45:18 PM
The Last Remnant is one for me. There's a boss battle, nearish the end of the game (Or so I assume with how the story is playing out...I still haven't gotten past it) that is ridiculously hard. Between his high damage and all of his minions out numbering your teams its hell to get past him. One time...just once I actually beat the boss, got all excited, and then, without a save point in between, you have to fight against all of your remnants that turn against you. I lost that battle pretty damn quick. I said fuck this game and haven't touched it since...that was like 2 or more years ago.

Ahh, yes, the bases...even on subsequent playthroughs (with general knowledge of how each boss works) they can be a pain in the ass. And the beserking remnants were just as bad for me. I did it on the 360 version the first few times, where there was no chance to save between the infiltration battles to get into the bases and the bass boss(es). PC made so many things better, some things are a little more irksome. My biggest suggestion is trying to get as many mages capable of performing Arcane Arts (nice field wide attacks that can cause colossal damage to everything, if not outright kill it.

There's maybe 3 more big fights after the 6 bases are cleared out? So you ARE close to the end.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Inkidu

God damn that stupid freaking tiger from Dead Rising 2 (and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record). Feeding that fucking cat is insane.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

KingsBlade

If anyone has played Metal Gear Rising Revengance and made it up to the final boss, if you have really slow reflexes than that boss is horrible as the fact I HAD to use blade mode in a fight caught me completely off-guard the first time ad it basically went down to memorization subsequent times till I finally one. Also if you've ever played the start of Tales of Symphonia, the fact my party kept getting split up even for story purposes as I'm a min-maxer.