Anyone have a story?

Started by Kia, August 13, 2016, 09:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kia

Hi! I'm Kia, and I just started my application process last night. I was wanting to see if anyone would like to rp with me while I wait.

I like a wide variety of genres. I write and read all the time for entertainment. I like magic and fantasy adventures (just... maybe something other than lotr. I am a huge fan but I'd like to explore other universes and layouts for a while), I enjoy sci-fi, contemporary, mystery-- dark, light, funny, serious-- really the sky is the limit. I enjoy a challenge or an off the beaten path type roleplay in particular.

I'm comfortable playing with males and females. Just keep in mind I'm not a full member yet, so this is particularly for a non-adult storyline. I'll be sticking with the sl after the process as well, regardlesss of outcome. I am thoroughly enjoying the community and atmosphere thus far.

If you would like to see a sampling of my writing style, I had a couple writing prompts in my introduction interview so far that should help. :)

SlipperySue

Hi Kia, I am willing to write a 'non-adult' story.  How is this for an idea, my character is a princess in a land not unlike dark ages Europe but with mythical creatures and magic.  Your character could be a knight assigned by her father to protect her, of whatever gender you wish.  Things are pretty 'normal' until they discover a plot to take over the kingdom.  The plot could be internal (the King's brother or other relative), external (a neighbouring state) or the forces of darkness.

What do you think?

masterwill21

Hi

I'm looking to get into role playing. Haven't really done it so if you want a party of three and don't mind someone new  Id be happy to get involved. I am doing a couple of writing prompts on my intro thread too.

SlipperySue

A group game without the benefit of co-ordinating pm is difficult but I am willing to give it go, if you both want.

Beguile's Mistress

You all could make this you OOC thread and use it for discussion or open another thread for that purpose.  The story itself would have it's own thread.

At some point, if everyone playing is approved you can have staff move your threads to our Small Group Games section.

Good luck to everyone in waiting. :-)

Kia

Quote from: SlipperySue on August 17, 2016, 05:53:57 AM
Hi Kia, I am willing to write a 'non-adult' story.  How is this for an idea, my character is a princess in a land not unlike dark ages Europe but with mythical creatures and magic.  Your character could be a knight assigned by her father to protect her, of whatever gender you wish.  Things are pretty 'normal' until they discover a plot to take over the kingdom.  The plot could be internal (the King's brother or other relative), external (a neighbouring state) or the forces of darkness.

What do you think?

Hi slipperysue! Thank you for the offer! I apologize for not responding sooner. I had this up so long I hadn't checked it today :) I'd still enjoy rping with you if the offer is still open. I was thinking the conflict would be with the dear royal Uncle (or the princess's overly ambitious royal cousin), who has eyed the fertile lands and rich marketplace with envy. They feel they are the actual rightful rulers and jealousy has gnawed away at them. So much they have incited the help of darker forces to get what they want.

For character: Louis (meaning warrior). One of the best in his garrison. He drew attention during the last festival's competitions for his skill in the various challenges. While he was not the champion, he showed a resourcefulness that apparently stuck in the King's mind. When assigning a bodyguard, his performances immediately came to mind and he was looked into. Finding no black marks against his record nor his character/loyalty, the king summoned Louis to take on the task of protecting his daughter during various functions.

Quote from: masterwill21 on August 17, 2016, 01:56:55 PM

I'm looking to get into role playing. Haven't really done it so if you want a party of three and don't mind someone new  Id be happy to get involved. I am doing a couple of writing prompts on my intro thread too.

Hi Masterwill! It's nice to meet you. I definitely don't mind idea of it growing into a group adventure. Did you have a particular idea for a character?

masterwill21

Quote from: Kia on August 18, 2016, 12:03:26 AM
Hi slipperysue! Thank you for the offer! I apologize for not responding sooner. I had this up so long I hadn't checked it today :) I'd still enjoy rping with you if the offer is still open. I was thinking the conflict would be with the dear royal Uncle (or the princess's overly ambitious royal cousin), who has eyed the fertile lands and rich marketplace with envy. They feel they are the actual rightful rulers and jealousy has gnawed away at them. So much they have incited the help of darker forces to get what they want.

For character: Louis (meaning warrior). One of the best in his garrison. He drew attention during the last festival's competitions for his skill in the various challenges. While he was not the champion, he showed a resourcefulness that apparently stuck in the King's mind. When assigning a bodyguard, his performances immediately came to mind and he was looked into. Finding no black marks against his record nor his character/loyalty, the king summoned Louis to take on the task of protecting his daughter during various functions.

Hi Masterwill! It's nice to meet you. I definitely don't mind idea of it growing into a group adventure. Did you have a particular idea for a character?

Thank you nice to meet you Kia congratulations on being approved. I'm not sure. Wouldn't mind playing a villain or a dark character.

masterwill21

Sorry for the double post.

I came up with an idea for a character.

A thief, smuggler mercenary and murderer. He has done his share of immoral deeds. He even "worked" at sea as a pirate for a number of years but he couldn't get along with his crew mates and one day the crew "died of scurvy" He serves himself always has. Looking for any work that requires his skills and those that are willing to pay a good price for it. Isn't completely devoid of morals or empathy, the way he sees it the world is cruel the best way to get by is be more cruel. Weapon of choice a large scimitar use knives, an expert in some poisons doesn't use them himself but knows how to treat its affects.  Large frame tall bald beard (?)
As a mercenary who holds no loyalty he could work for anyone and has the potential to switch sides.

Just an idea I had nothing concrete. Hope it's okay.  Let me know what you think.

What does OOC stand for?

SlipperySue

OOC means out of character, so discussions about the direction of the story, none of which is known to the characters.

Seems an interesting character.

masterwill21

Quote from: SlipperySue on August 19, 2016, 02:42:34 AM
OOC means out of character, so discussions about the direction of the story, none of which is known to the characters.

Seems an interesting character.

Ah okay.

Thanks.

Kia

It sounds like an interesting character Masterwill. Looks like you covered his backstory and his general personality. Where do you feel he would enter the story? Would he be an obvious trouble, or pose as a friend/ally to the princess and her company?

masterwill21

Quote from: Kia on August 19, 2016, 09:58:29 AM
It sounds like an interesting character Masterwill. Looks like you covered his backstory and his general personality. Where do you feel he would enter the story? Would he be an obvious trouble, or pose as a friend/ally to the princess and her company?

Thanks. Probably trouble. But he has no loyalties.

SlipperySue

Whoever can pay him the most, in either hard cash or valuables or least appealing future power I guess.

masterwill21

Quote from: SlipperySue on August 20, 2016, 04:05:50 PM
Whoever can pay him the most, in either hard cash or valuables or least appealing future power I guess.

Yeah pretty much. He has no real desire to obtain power to rule over people.

Kia

Congrats on your acceptance masterwill. :)

masterwill21

Quote from: Kia on August 20, 2016, 11:01:54 PM
Congrats on your acceptance masterwill. :)

Thanks! Guess we can get this off the ground now.

What's next?

Kia

Sue is looking into us swapping to a small group thread in the main areas being we are all lords and ladies now. The next thing would be to flesh out our characters: History, physical appearance, general personality, and starting belongings are good places to start.