IP addresses multiple devices a problem?

Started by Legman, April 19, 2012, 01:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legman

Hi all,

I'm new as you can see by my badge. A question. I was reading through some of the archived questionnaires and came across one that was turned down. After the user posted a message trying to explain themselves. One of the things mentioned was the use of multiple IP addresses through logging in to the site with  different computers. I have done this myself with my  Wi-Fi network and a cell network. So do I need to start packing my things?

A concerned,

Legman
-Legman
Legman Looking for Ladies (M for F)
A/A. Updated  April  2021. O/Os

Oreo

Hi Legman. That is not an issue. Logging on from multiple locations is fine. The problems can arise when two people log in from the same location. This happens often when family members or SOs both want to join the site. It can take longer to process the accounts. Good luck with your approval and enjoy the site. :D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Legman

-Legman
Legman Looking for Ladies (M for F)
A/A. Updated  April  2021. O/Os

vysethethird

I do admit, this is one question that did go through my mind. Mainly concerning the idea of IP addresses or 'Logging in from multiple locations' things. I mainly am more concerned of say logging into a computer from say another computer or from another internet service provider (Say if one switched service or got a new device) but again, things do happen these days. Still, hearing that it is more of an issue when someone logs in on the same IP address is reassuring. I was more worried about logging on upon a different IP address might be an issue (Like if I am on vacation or in some cafe.) Still, good to see a post like this.