The Call Of Cthulhu (Free Form Love Craftian Inspired)

Started by Norsegod1839, December 19, 2017, 07:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

The following is an idea that I am looking to do either as a group or as a one on one roleplay. I think the idea works better as a group but if you are interested and your willing to play a female opposite of my male then by all means let me know and we can go from there.

The idea is partly inspired by Cthulhu and also the TV mini series rose red. The idea is as follows.

Deep in the heart of (insert city here) lies the infamous westchire manor. It's a house with an infamous and seductive reputation. Closed for years many scholars say that the devil himself lives in side of the manor. The history behind the house is long and bloodied and it has earned many different names and monikers over the year. Currently banned to the public after the last couple dissapeared inside of it, it has been abandoned for ten years.

Our characters would wake up inside the manor. They do not know how they got here and can't remember anything beside their normal life. The only thing of note of them are that some claim to by physic. Each of them has only one item on them an item of significant power they believe in.

What does that mean? Say a guy has a gun on him. That means fundamentally that they believe a gun can protect them. For some one else it might be a cross to signify their religion, OR a lucky coin to signify their believe in luck.

Either way the group explores the manor and finds a clock in the foyer. The clock is counting down from 24 hours. There is a message written in red on the wall.

It is as follows.

Seal the basement

Prevent him from coming

You are the only hope this world has.

So haunted mansion, a countdown, and the entire world at stake! Who wants to venture into the Westchire mansion with me?

Norsegod1839

Norsegod1839

Norsegod1839

Careful in the back of the manor.... You never know what you can find in the graveyard!

Cythieus

I am kind of interested, but I'm not sure what kind of character I would make for this.

Norsegod1839

Your character could be anyone and anything you can think of! She or he can also know they are physic or not!

Callie Del Noire

I tried playing a psychic in CoC once, the backstory was she was a rich heiress who always wore gloves and brought her own cutlery and such because her main ability was object reading and not entirely in control of it.(the game bombed before the GM revealed more)

Norsegod1839

That sounds like a great character! If you want we can figure out a way to work her in and or just use her!

Callie Del Noire

I was thinking Dilletante Heiress with ‘scandalous past’ who is living on her own to avoid the in crowd most of her family hangs with. May she’s an ‘artist’ who doubles as some form of forgery to get by? That way she has some society and criminal connections.

The psychic abilities could be as you think appropriate. I figure object reading and maybe a touch of whatever seems appropriate

Norsegod1839

Yeah that could work! Remember the idea is that they are all brought to this mansion without any recollection of how they got there!

Do you have any idea what your physcic totem would be? Its something your character would have great faith in. Something they believe in. This will be their only weapon against the spirits in the manor.

Norsegod1839

We've had some interest for this and I am still looking! The haunted house games are very appealing and something I think could be a lot of fun!

Norsegod1839

For those that have expressed their interest! I am still actively looking and recruiting and hope to get this game going still. Thank you all for your patience!

Arcanist

Hi,
Definitely interested. How about a male gangster of some type. Either someone from the neighbourhood tong or yakuza.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Norsegod1839

Hey! Welcome aboard!

Yeah a male gangster could work! Does he know about his physic abilities? Or is unaware?

Arcanist

Could you tell me about the timeline and city that the scenario would be in?
This impacts on the type of gangster. Looking at stereotypes
Russian - traditionally superstitious
Italian - supernatural does not exist but catholic
Chinese and Japanese - superstitious to the extent of paying lip service
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Norsegod1839

I am not sure about city and time line only because I plan on this being contained inside of the haunted mansion and its surrounding grounds

However I could see it being set in the modern day!