Fairy Tales or Superheroes...Why Not BOTH? (Still Accepting Characters)

Started by Mathim, November 08, 2017, 11:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fury Aphrodisia

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mathim

There's just got to be another one that lumps immortal and invulnerable into one.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Fury Aphrodisia

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Mathim

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 14, 2017, 03:09:22 AM
Omnivital?

Is that a word that already existed or did you invent it? I mean, I suppose since the prefix and root words both already existed, the word technically already had to, but had it ever really been used before?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Fury Aphrodisia

TheHangedOne

Apparently, OmniVital is a Danish (I think?) bio-medical corporation (or a product produced by a Danish medical corporation). That's what I got from a five minute google search. So, no, doesn't seem like the word actually existed until someone put a TM on it.
Check out my poet tree!

Angie

Player Name: Angie

Character Name/Identity: The Big Bad Wolf/"Bigby"

Tale(s) of Origin: Red Riding Hood most of all, but he claims to be "in every story about fear".

Alignment: True Neutral

Abilities: Limited Shapeshifting: He is capable of shifting between his human form (a muscular, tall man with broad shoulders) and an anthropomorphic 'wolf' form with massive claws and very big teeth.

Inspire Fear: He can grab on to the natural fear in every man's heart and increase it, though this power doesn't work against the fearless or those who are simply not frightened at the moment. The power becomes stronger the more scared someone already is, so he does his best to use mundane methods to make someone very scared before using his magical methods.

Specter of Fear: "He" cannot truly die. His physical form can be destroyed, but he will eventually return as he is merely a manifestation of the power of fear. Normally, his various forms have no memories of other forms, the lone exception is his current form (explained below).

Skills: Master Woodsman: Between his time as a wolf and his time in the body of the Lumberjack that last killed him, he has developed incredible skills at tracking, hunting, and foraging (his physical body does technically need to eat and drink, after all).

Stealth Expert: In his element, the woods, he is damn near invisible. Some fail to notice he is there until he is right behind them. In other environments, he is still skilled at sneaking around, but not as legendary as he is out in the woods.

Backstory: There have always been tales of dark, evil creatures on the fringes of the civilized lands, ready to scoop away and devour the little children that don't listen to the cautionary tales. Once, the tales were not true, but became that way-as more people spoke the tales of the boy who cried wolf, or the foolish child who wandered into the dark woods, the wolf was born out of the belief that the stories were truth. He was not always a wolf. His forms have been many, all lost to time by now. Recently, he was a wolf. A child in red wandered through his woods alone, and he sought to undo her, for what fear can remain if the stories were proven untrue? And yet, he tangled with those who did not know fear-or at least, did not fear him. He was destroyed by a woodsman, and the tales of a powerful beast in the woods faded into dust...

But new tales took their place. There had always been men who felt more at home in the woods then in towns, and those in the towns began to distrust them. What man found the solitude of the wild a more fitting life than the insanity of civilization? Distrust turned to fear, and soon the tales of "wild men" took root and flourished...and so did the Big Bad Wolf become the Big Bad "Wild Man". The spirit of fear possessed the woodsman that slayed the Big Bad Wolf, the two merging together to form a new fear. As the spirit had overtaken the one who destroyed its physical body, this time around, he has memories of his last form.

Before, he was merely an animal, possessed by instincts and a driving knowledge that he must inspire fear. Now he is equipped with human sensibilities, and while he knows that he must still be the one that people fear, he is far more subtle about it these days. He now understands that fear is in the unknown. And so he does what would have been impossible for him before-he now regularly interacts with mere mortals, and spreads fear with rumors, telling tales of the unknown, the secretive, the mysteries unfound in the deep dark woods.

As for Rumpelstiltskin? A tyrant rules by fear. His empire will be a prime target to spread fear within. He holds no allegiance to the man, but if he should happen to spread a little fear, all the better. Of course, the brutes and monsters that Rumpelstiltskin recruits...they too fear something. No one is safe from the Big Bad Wolf. No one.

Personality: Curiously, he takes an almost philosophical approach towards fear. While he knows what his job is, he no longer goes after those who overcame their fears like Red did-for he knows that for everyone who overcomes their fear, a hundred do not. In a way, he acts more like a terrifying mentor-he presents a powerful fear to people, giving them a chance to rise above or falter and wither.

Orientation: More or less asexual. It's hard to be afraid of what you're having sex with, and he would never stoop so low as to force nonconsensual sex on someone for the purposes of "fear". He is a classy specter of fear.

Appearance: Human:

Wolf:
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Mathim

ff

Oh Bigby, my what a big **** you have...

Will be filling in my char's backside backstory with complementary info

LamentingQuill

Juggtacular

Angie

Quote from: Mathim on November 14, 2017, 03:41:12 PM
LOL, couldn't resist calling him Bigby, eh? That's cool.

"It is an easy name. I suppose it is similar to the Devil in human guise calling himself 'Louis Cypher', it is simply too tempting to refer to ourselves with a subtle clue to our true natures."

And because damnit, I love the Fables comics.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Fury Aphrodisia

Quote from: Juggtacular on November 14, 2017, 09:13:15 PM
Calling dibs on the Monkey King.

Balls... I wasn't sure you were going to show up, Jugg.

What do you think of reviving our prior attempts? Or did you want to go a different way with it? I can still do Morgana, but if you want, we can bring the Kitsune in, instead.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Angie on November 14, 2017, 09:49:29 PM
"It is an easy name. I suppose it is similar to the Devil in human guise calling himself 'Louis Cypher', it is simply too tempting to refer to ourselves with a subtle clue to our true natures."

And because damnit, I love the Fables comics.
Low-key Lyesmith from American Gods.
Check out my poet tree!

Juggtacular

Sure, you can bring her back. We never really did get to get those two going last time anyway.

Fury Aphrodisia

Mathim

I think I'd like, if possible (and for the sake of helping keep things together a bit longer this time around if indeed this is the correct strategy), for Snow White to call for a conference to get all who are opposed to Rumplestiltskin and have the power to fight against him together, so that everyone aligned with good (though not necessarily with each other) is actually together from an early point and can interact directly. She would send her message out via mirrors with the help of her master Magic Mirror and use them for instant transportation of the interested heroic parties that wish to band together. Rumplestiltskin, on the other hand, will have to go about recruiting his minions the old-fashioned way. But then, he's a dirty cheater, so...heh heh.

I also think it would be neat to have representatives from as many regions as possible. Snow White might be the center of the Western European region of the Western Continent (I may need help getting my map of this fictional world up so you guys can see it) so guys like Cu Chulainn can hail from the Northern or Western part of that region, and of course Son Goku will hail from the Pan-Asian province of the Eastern Continent. Our Greek friend Diomedes can represent the Greco-Roman region of the Southern Continent. So pretty much there's Scandinavian and Russian and Icelandic and Greenlandic and Eskimo/Inuit characters to represent the Northern Continent, and some Middle Eastern and Indian characters to represent the other parts of the Eastern Continent, and African characters to round out the Southern Continent.

Fury Aphrodisia

So, we're going to open on the characters all meeting with Snow?

Also, I'm changing my claim to my old kitsune character. So long as you're cool with it, of course.

Mathim

You can be one or both, I know you're good for it.  ;)

And they will either have arrived already having accepted the invitation without hesitation, or have just received the invitation and are debating whether to get involved. Even the Neutral characters are welcome to at least hear her out and see what she has planned to see if they want to get involved or if the bad guys might have a better offer or better odds of coming out on top.

Juggtacular

Player Name: Juggtacular
Character Name/Identity:Sun Wukong - The Monkey King
Tale(s) of Origin: Journey to the West
Alignment: Chaotic Good, Chaotic Evil(depending on who you ask)sometimes just Chaotic
Abilities:Due to the powerful forces involving his birth, as well as "upgrades" given to him, or taken for his own over the course of his life, Sun is a very, very powerful individual.

Godly Strength: Sun Wukong is physically very strong, as he is capable of effortlessly wielding his staff which weighs 8.1 tons, with one hand, and even a single finger. He is also strong enough to resist even Buddha's palm trying to crush him for a short period of time.

Godly Toughness: Like his strength, Sun is just as tough as he is strong. He has withstood an attack from the entirety of Heaven, and come out on top.

Godly Speed: Like the monkey he is, Sun is incredibly fast, and it's been said he's able to cover 13,468 miles in a single somersault(although this is obvious hyperbole). The speed also transfers to combat, and he is fast enough to vanish from sight with his movements.

Magic: The Monkey King is a master spellcaster. He innately knows 72 Transformations(including of course a massive ape), and has learned more throughout his life. Also, each of his hairs is magical, and when plucked from his body, can transform into objects, clones of Sun, and more. He also knows a plethora of elemental spells, conjuring spells, summoning circles, and magic to freeze anything in it's tracks. He even speaks and understands every language, as he came from a magic rock, and the Earth understands all.

Skills:

Ruyi Jingu Bang: Sun Wukong's prized staff is known as Ruyi Jingu Bang, and once belonged to Ao Guang, the Dragon King of the East Sea. It was gifted to Sun after a plethora of other enchanted weapons didn't match his standards. It's normal form is a black pillar that is 20 feet tall and as wide as a barrel. Only Sun who was fated to wield it can command it to shrink to a smaller size. It can also clone itself at his whim. Ruyi Bang weighs 8.1 tons, yet Sun wields it like it was as light as a cane. With his skill and the staff, he has defeated the entirety of Heaven. When not in use, Ruyi Bang shrinks down to the size of a needle and is tucked behind Sun's ear.

Martial Arts: Sun was born knowing 1,000 styles of martial arts, but has learned more from watching animals and his opponents during his travels. He is a master fighter and probably one of the best in the world.

Persuasive: The Monkey King has an infectious personality, and anyone with a good heart or spirit sees this, allowing Sun to easily gain friends and followers alike.

Backstory: Born from a magic rock, on the peak of Mount Huango(The Mountain of Flowers & Fruit) Sun Wukong's existence shook the pillars of Heaven, as the Jade Emperor himself noted two powerful beams of golden light coming from below the clouds. They were Sun's eyes as he looked around the new world. As he ate, the light died down, and soon after he started to befriend the creatures of the mountain; especially the monkeys. While playing, they decided to find the source of the stream that they always bathed in. What they found was a waterfall up the mountain, and the monkeys claimed whoever found the source, would be their king.

Sun volunteers, and after going through the waterfall, he finds water rushing over an iron bridge leading to a house. Bringing his new friends with him, they claim the house and Sun claims the title of Monkey King. Claiming the entirety of Mount Haungo as his Kingdom, Sun seeks out a powerful weapon to match his own strength. He found it underwater in the domain of Ao Guang, Dragon King of the East Seas. After that, he defeats the remaining dragons of the sea, claiming a golden chainmail shirt, a phoenix feather cap, and cloud walking boots from them. After returning to his Kingdom and demonstrating his power, Sun formed an alliance with multiple "demons" and Kings. Including the Bull Demon King, Lion Spirit King, Macaque Spirit King, Saurian Demon King, and Roc Demon King.

When Hell attempts to collect his soul, he goes so far as to erase his name and the names of his friends from the book of Life and Death. After the Dragon Kings and Kings of Hell report him to the Jade Emperor, the Emperor grants him a royal title to placate him. However, he is given the position not of "God", but of "Protector of Horses", the lowest job in Heaven. Rebelling against his continued treatment, he proclaims himself "The Great Sage, Equal of Heaven" and frees the cloud horses. Heaven recognizes his self gifted title, and again tries to placate him, this time making him the "Guardian of the Heavenly Garden". Again however, it is a lowly position, and he is denied entry to a banquet that every other God and Goddess is invited to. In retaliation, he stole the Peaches of Immortality, the Pills of Longevity, and the Emperor's royal wine.

He consumed all 3 and returned home to his mountain to prepare for a rebellion against Heaven itself. When Heaven retaliates, Sun single-handedly defeats all 100,000 Celestial Warriors, all 28 constellations, four heavenly kings, and Nezha, and proves himself equal to the best of Heaven's generals, Erlang Shen. Eventually, through the teamwork of Taoist and Buddhist forces, including the efforts from some of the greatest deities, and then finally by the Bodhisattva of mercy, Guanyin, Sun Wukong is captured.

After several failed attempts at execution, Sun Wukong is locked into Laozi's eight-way trigram Crucible to be distilled into an elixir (so that Laozi could regain his pills of longevity) by samadhi fires. After 49 days, however, when the cauldron is opened, Sun Wukong jumps out, even stronger. He is now able to recognize evil with huǒyǎn-jīnjīng (火眼金睛) (lit. "golden-gaze fiery-eyes"), an eye condition that also gives him a weakness to smoke, and proceeds to destroy Heaven's remaining forces. The Jade Emperor and the authorities of Heaven appeal to the Buddha, who arrives from his temple in the West. The Buddha bets that Sun Wukong cannot escape from Buddha's palm. Sun Wukong smugly accepts the bet. He leaps and flies to the end of the world. Seeing nothing but five pillars, Wukong believes he has reached the ends of Heaven.

To prove his trail, he marks the pillars with a phrase declaring himself the great sage equal to heaven). He leaps back and lands in the Buddha's palm. He is surprised to find that the five "pillars" he found are in fact the fingers of the Buddha's hand. When Wukong tries to escape, the Buddha turns his hand into a mountain. Before Wukong can shrug it off, the Buddha seals him there using a paper talisman bearing the mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" in gold letters. Sun Wukong remains imprisoned for five centuries.

While sealed away, Wukong has nothing but time to think and meditate on life and his existence. He was finally beginning to understand why he was treated the way he was, when Rumplestiltskin began his war. He sensed it, but could do nothing; until Buddha himself appeared and shattered his prison. The deity made a deal with Sun Wukong; he would gain his true freedom, and full admission into Heaven as the Great Sage, when the Djinn lay defeated. And to seal the pact, Buddha placed a golden band on Sun Wukong's head that could never be removed until the deed was done.

Personality: As he is a monkey, Sun is naturally a playful individual. He loves to play pranks and tricks on people, often times hoping it's as funny to them as it is him. He has a good heart, and knows the difference between right and wrong, no matter the context. And he will fight for what is right to his last breath, even if it means fighting the entirety of the Jade Heavens because they treated him horribly. He is confident in his power, and himself, as he never backs down from a challenge, and will face even impossible odds with high hope.

Orientation:Heterosexual
Appearance:  In his human form, Sun appears to be a normal man. About six feet even, well muscled, with wild blond hair, and a young face. His natural form is that of Sun Wukong, the Monkey King. He appears to be a humanoid monkey with a very human face, fiery hair, and a long tail protruding from his lower back. His appearance tends to change based on his mood however, so he can look like nearly anything or anyone.

Fury Aphrodisia

Jugg, you pulled that up hella fast. Have the link to the old thread?

Mathim

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on November 14, 2017, 11:36:26 PM
Jugg, you pulled that up hella fast. Have the link to the old thread?

I deleted it from my notifications once I copy-pasted the intro post from it, so I don't have it anymore.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on November 14, 2017, 11:45:07 PM
I deleted it from my notifications once I copy-pasted the intro post from it, so I don't have it anymore.

I MIGHT have it.