DC Very AU: Justice Academy [Recruitment Thread]

Started by TheBlackThrone, October 13, 2018, 09:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

I didn’t quite understand my purpose at first. I don’t even know how I came across this helmet, but once I had put it on, everything was made clear to me. I understand what I must do to save this world—this reality. I don’t think they know who they are or why they have the powers and abilities they have. I must find them and teach them before the Lords of Chaos do. They must become heroes for our future depends on it. They must become the Justice League.

--Joseph “Joe” Schneider, Founder of the Helmet of Fate, the New Dr. Fate and Headmaster of Justice Academy

This game is an entirely alternate universe approach to DC. You will be playing a canon hero from the DC Comics universe who will be a teenager (18+) or tween in this universe. Dr. Fate will have brought the heroes to his academy much like how Charles Xavier finds new mutants. He knows who your character is supposed to be, and his intent is to train and guide that character into becoming the hero we know them as.

Because the story is going this way, you are free to recreate the canon character’s background. Their story is going to go how you make it because this is an AU. How did they find the green lantern ring? How did they become Batman? How they become the hero Dr. Fate expects them to be is left up to your making. They will all be students, dorming, training, and going on missions to combat the forces of evil and injustice. The introduction to this game is simple for I feel this concept is simple and leaves a lot of creativity and maneuverability open to the writer. Romance, character relations, everything will be what you make of it.

If this idea interests you, then please make a character reservation. Dr. Fate will be a GM character for the purpose of guiding the game. See this as an open sandbox with GM-guided missions and training scenarios that will pop up and writers will be allowed to submit their characters for them.

Villains are not allowed to be played. However, players can ask to NPC villains in a GM plot if they so desire. I will present the academy description below along with the Character Sheet. Again, please make a reservation. You can hold the reservation for seven days, but if you don’t ever drop a WIP to let me know you’re working on a CS, then by the seventh day, you will lose your reservation.

Location: Fictional Island, Norsisle, Off the coast of Chile, South America

Welcome to Justice Academy, a school designed to foster the fated heroes of the world. Here, your character has enrolled at this school because they became suspicious that they are different from the rest of society. There was something uncanny and unusual about themselves, and they just have to discover what that is. At this school, they will train, live, and learn to work as a team with other unique students. They may be developing their abilities and don’t have a full grasp of them yet or may have developed them and don’t know how to control them. Try to bring a character who needs some development and not one who doesn’t need development. Characters will have come from all walks of life and may not have even originated on planet Earth.

The Justice Academy appears to be a quaint school that anyone would expect rich kids to attend, but it is actually a hi-tech fortress designed to endure the brunt of the student’s powers and those attacks which the enemy may bring to it. The school is designed to protect the students from others and themselves, and so a scarce few outside the academy know of its existence. The students are encouraged to keep the academy’s whereabouts a secret even if the academy is unknowingly to them, hidden by magic.

The academy has three accessible floors:

1st Floor – Reception Hall, Banquet Hall, Kitchen, Study/Library, and Elevator.
2nd Floor – Dorm Rooms
3rd Floor – Senior Member Rooms (Students with longevity in this game will be able to live on this floor eventually. But when they do reside here, they are no longer students but teacher/mentors. Their jobs will be to welcome and mentor the future.)

The academy has three restricted floors:

Basement Level 1 – Hi-Tech Gym, Training Rooms, Blast Rooms
Basement Level 2 – Research Facility/Infirmary – medical and security/intel systems to include a ritual room.
Basement Level 3 – Simulator – the simulator is the largest equipment needing an entire floor dedicated to it. The simulator functions like the Danger Room.

Outdoors:

Front Yard – Open Lawn and Salt Lake (the sea is just on the other side).
East Property – Racing track for vehicles or “speedsters.”
West Property – Flower Gardens/Hedge Maze
Backyard – outdoor Olympic-size pool and sandlot

Special mentions: Running path; there is a running path that wraps around the entire island perimeter for those characters who like to go for a run. The Salt Lake has a dock for those who like to swim or fish. The gardens are a great picnic or meditation area.

You can drop a WIP in this thread or PM me the sheet. I do not mind, but please PM me or let me know when you are finished building your CS.

[float=right][img height=250]One picture of the face claim and one of their super hero guise.[/img]
[b]Face Claim:[/b] Write their face claim here.[/float]
[b]Name:[/b] Character’s Canon Name. I know there may be cases where the hero could have been anyone such as in Dr. Fate’s case, or a Green Lantern’s case. But try to pick a canon character.
[b]Alias:[/b] They may not have a hero name right away for they haven’t decided on one.
[b]Archetype:[/b] Example who they will eventually be and who they are supposed to be: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.
[b]Age:[/b] 18-23
[b]Height: [/b]
[b]Weight: [/b]
[b]Hair Color: [/b]
[b]Eye Color: [/b]
[b]Race: [/b]Human, Alien, Cyborg, etc.
[b]Gender: [/b] Male/Female
[b]Personality: [/b]This is the personality you give the character.
[b]Current Story: [/b] Dr. Fate most likely found them and brought them to the school, but what was their life like before the school? Why did they agree to come to the school?
[b]Powers: [/b] You can list powers they currently know and then color in gray powers they will eventually learn. If they don’t have special powers, write N/A.
[b]Abilities: [/b] Abilities are more physical abilities. Example: Martial Arts, Acrobatics, Hacking, Escape Artist, etc. Your character’s talents and abilities will go here.
[b]Character Relations: [/b] This will be filled out as you guys interact and meet each other. If your character arrived together with another character, then that may be an already pre-made relation.

1. Communicate. This is my most important rule. I do not have to know what is going on in your real life. Just tell me if you will be absent or away for some days, and I’ll accommodate.
2. Interact. My second most important rule. Please come to this game with the intention of writing and story-weaving with others. I know the missions will help bring those writers together who have never written with each other before. But please come here to write with others.
3. Compromise. If someone is playing a character that you really wanted, then ask them for it. You don’t know if they picked the character lackadaisically. Just communicate. If the person isn’t willing to give up the character, then they’re not. Always come to a game with more than one desire.
4. Teen Titans/Young Justice. Some characters in the Teen Titans can be played in this game. Some characters like the Robins were created as a result of another character, in this case, Batman being in existence. Batman can always become the mentor of these characters in the future. If you don’t want to play the character as a mentee and would rather them be a lone wolf to begin with, such as making Dick Grayson Nightwing right away, then you can.
5. Be Respectful. Do not be passive aggressive. Do not be rude. Be respectful. As a GM, my role is to keep this game moving and to weed out anyone who may be putting a damper on everyone’s fun. Do not be the damperer.
6. Weak CS. Do not send me a CS where I or anyone can tell that you barely worked on it. Your CS will not pass. If the GM tells you to add more to your CS, and your reaction is to have an attitude, then you will not even be allowed into the game. If you have an attitude with the GM, then you would have attitudes with other players and that behavior is not tolerated in this game or on Elliquiy if you remain persistent.
7. Choose from either Justice League or Teen Titans. There will be no other compromise. It is the theme and point of the story in this game.
Rules may grow as necessary.

Q&A
This is where questions not answered in this introduction go.

The Question

Rachel Roth (Raven) - Timeless
John Williams (Bruce Wayne/Batman) - Franklin
Clark Kent (Superman) - Norsegod1839
Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) - TheBlackThrone
Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) - Lady Lunarius
Koriand'r (Starfire) - Saika

Threads

Character Thread

OOC

IC
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Franklin

This sounds like an interesting concept, and I woudl be interested in reserving Bruce Wayne/Batman.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Franklin on October 13, 2018, 12:47:41 PM
This sounds like an interesting concept, and I woudl be interested in reserving Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Woo~! Bold one for taking Batman. It's nice to see someone confident for handling such a deep character. I can't wait to see what you create and I'll post him for reserve. If you decide on a face claim, let me know.
The gates are open

Franklin

I've played Batman before and always enjoyed it...by far my favorite character in the DC universe. I've never tried a trainee version of the character before, and I was just curious how much latitude I had with the current living conditions. For example, I can see Bruce not wanting to be restricted to the school but wanting to set up a sort of training facility for himself off base (as a control and privacy freak, I can see him already contemplating the idea of needing a secret base to work from). He also might want to keep his identity a secret from the others, though I'm not quite sure how that would work. I was also thinking (yes, I think about Batman a lot...lol) that there might be, or he might be starting, a subsidiary of Waynetech in the nearby town that Bruce woudl start taking a more active interest in as he realizes that not only is it another way to fight crime (by donating to charities and such) but the technology can help in his personal vendetta. So I was just curious if I could incorporate that and a couple of NPC's from the town to flesh the character out. But I don't want to step on your toes and try and shape your world to much.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Franklin on October 13, 2018, 01:02:29 PM
I've played Batman before and always enjoyed it...by far my favorite character in the DC universe. I've never tried a trainee version of the character before, and I was just curious how much latitude I had with the current living conditions. For example, I can see Bruce not wanting to be restricted to the school but wanting to set up a sort of training facility for himself off base (as a control and privacy freak, I can see him already contemplating the idea of needing a secret base to work from). He also might want to keep his identity a secret from the others, though I'm not quite sure how that would work. I was also thinking (yes, I think about Batman a lot...lol) that there might be, or he might be starting, a subsidiary of Waynetech in the nearby town that Bruce woudl start taking a more active interest in as he realizes that not only is it another way to fight crime (by donating to charities and such) but the technology can help in his personal vendetta. So I was just curious if I could incorporate that and a couple of NPC's from the town to flesh the character out. But I don't want to step on your toes and try and shape your world to much.

Him setting up his own secret base is absolutely fine. I agree with you completely that that is very batman-y and he has always liked his privacy. As for the "Batman" alias. I'm leaving that up to you if he has that alias already or it is an alias he will eventually have. He is a person who is coming to this school because he feels he has abilities that sets him apart from others. The Batman identity should be the end result of his training at the school. If you decide to go beyond the school, the closest country across the water is Chile. The island is isolated because it's a headquarters and training ground for the future heroes. It's not meant for anyone to easily have access to or know the existence of.

He could even make WayneTech in the basement levels by "borrowing" the technology. If he was able to breach the basement all by himself, being tech savvy, then that alone would be an impressive feat to set him apart from normal people.
The gates are open

yaracyrrah

Interest!  As Supergirl.

Norsegod1839

I'm interested in joining as Superman or failing that Constantine.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: yaracyrrah on October 13, 2018, 03:19:11 PM
Interest!  As Supergirl.

I'll reserve it.

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on October 13, 2018, 03:39:28 PM
I'm interested in joining as Superman or failing that Constantine.

I'll reserve Superman for you.  :-)

Hey guys, welcome.  ;D
The gates are open

Norsegod1839

Juggtacular

Norsegod1839

Oh man good point!

Question with Shazam though! Would this be a eighteen year old Billy Baston who turns into an eighteen year old looking Shazam? Or an eighteen year old Billy Bastion who turns into a older like thirty year old Shazam? Or is he just always Shazam and Billy Bastion is the usual 13-15 years old? Just curious.

Juggtacular

I was planning on this being an 18-twenty-something year old Billy who just turns into a more muscular, mature form of himself.

Norsegod1839

Cool! I think that works out pretty well! Thanks for answering my question.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

EvieFrye

Ok, I am placing a flag of interest.

Would Catwoman be allowed since sometimes she is an anti-hero? What about Harley Quinn? Since there are cases she has tried to help the good guys.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 14, 2018, 01:46:08 AM
Ok, I am placing a flag of interest.

Would Catwoman be allowed since sometimes she is an anti-hero? What about Harley Quinn? Since there are cases she has tried to help the good guys.

I'll say yes to Catwoman because she is mostly a lone wolf. Harley, no.

To further elaborate on why Harley isn't permitted is because she was created by the Joker. Without the Joker, she probably would have never been who she is. Because the Joker is a villain in this game, I cannot allow her.

Let me know if you're still interested in Catwoman and I'll reserve her.
The gates are open

EvieFrye

Yes, I am very interested in cat woman. One thing I know, is her back story isn't fully defined, from what I know, as to how she got started. So I see alot of potential.

Norsegod1839

Evie! Welcome aboard.

Something you might find interesting is that they just di a YA novel on Cat Woman for DC Young Reader Line (Basically Iconic writers taking on iconic DC characters) in it she was actually trained by Talia and Nyssa Al Ghul to be part of the league of Assassins. Basically taking this starving thief off the street and turning her into a powerful bad ass woman pretending to be a weathly socialite.

Not saying you ahve to go that route at all BUT just goes to show Cat Woman is one of those characters you can spin a ton of interesting origins from.

EvieFrye

Hey Norse. Yeah, I didn't know that, but it works. I may not use them, but I think I have an idea.

Saw you grabbed Superman. Wouldn't it be kind of interesting if he and Catwoman paired up, and not the whole her and Batman? To make it really AU?

Norsegod1839

I was thinking about that to! Them pairing off.

I kind of got this sort of Step Up movie idea in my head of the two of them being dancers who slowly fall in love.

EvieFrye

Oh I like that. I was thinking with Catwoman, she had an abusive home life, and her only real friend were her cats. When she got out she was on the street. But from there we can figure out where she goes to dancing.

Norsegod1839

Entirely up to you! We can Pm or Discord about it. I might have some ideas and can help you with your sheet when they come up.

EvieFrye

Timeless

>->; I know I shouldn't, but.. *plants a flag* Hope you don't mind me reserving Raven. I'll have to see about this sheet.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Timeless on October 15, 2018, 03:07:33 AM
>->; I know I shouldn't, but.. *plants a flag* Hope you don't mind me reserving Raven. I'll have to see about this sheet.

Nope. Raven is reserved!
The gates are open

Remec

This seems interesting. With Dr. Fate being the architect of it all, I think it might be intriguing to play Hank Hall, aka Hawk...since his destiny is to become part of an experiment by some of the Lords of both Order and Chaos to see if their agents could successfully work together. But that sort of needs a Dove; and if we don't have one, then I will switch my choice to Hawkman, Golden Age version--ie, Terran Carter Hall, not Thanagarian Katar Hol.

Norsegod1839

Would you be looking for a Dove as a romantic companion? Or more like a brother sister thing?

Remec

I think, at this stage in the AU, they're probably platonic if not a little antagonistic towards one another--much like siblings--but their shared Destiny is one that will lead them into romance. It might not be something that would last forever, but I think they might end up pursuing it for a while before making any decision for or against it.

EvieFrye

I think I’m done my character sheet, save for a face claim.

Norsegod1839

Can't wait to see what you bring to Catwoman Evie!

Quote from: Remec on October 15, 2018, 05:23:40 PM
I think, at this stage in the AU, they're probably platonic if not a little antagonistic towards one another--much like siblings--but their shared Destiny is one that will lead them into romance. It might not be something that would last forever, but I think they might end up pursuing it for a while before making any decision for or against it.

Thanks for the info Remec! I was asking because I thought about picking up Dove but as a more sisterly dynamic.

EvieFrye

Thanks Norse, do you have a face claim for Superman, how old will he be?

Norsegod1839

I'll be using the smallville version probably make him eighteen as well to fit hte young adult theme eighteen or seventeen

EvieFrye

Ok, nice. I wanted to know so I can pair mine up with age and such.

Norsegod1839

Right! Look up Smallville Superman and you should find him.

EvieFrye

yeah, Tom Welling. He is awesome. He was great in Lucifer. I have a face claim and sent my CS in. I cholse Chloe Grace Mortez.

Norsegod1839

EvieFrye

Yeah, and she was Hit Girl in the Kick ass movies, so you know she can pull it off.

TheBlackThrone

So I just approved the first CS for this game. I'm going to post up the character thread, and when the writer posts their CS in there, I want everyone to take note of the detail they put into it. Something along that amount of detail is what I will accept in this game. I will not accept a CS that looks like you barely worked on it.
The gates are open

EvieFrye

Who was the character you approved? Will they get a pm that they were?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 15, 2018, 10:38:17 PM
Who was the character you approved? Will they get a pm that they were?

Raven. I posted the Character Thread link on the front page. I will let you know if you're approved or not in PM. Whenever Timeless gets around to posting her CS in the Character Thread, I want everyone to look at it to get an idea of what kind of effort I'm looking for.
The gates are open

Timeless

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 15, 2018, 10:47:43 PM
Raven. I posted the Character Thread link on the front page. I will let you know if you're approved or not in PM. Whenever Timeless gets around to posting her CS in the Character Thread, I want everyone to look at it to get an idea of what kind of effort I'm looking for.

Oh wow - uh, well, I posted my completed character sheet. But really glad to have my character sheet approved, thank you!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Remec on October 15, 2018, 04:08:23 PM
This seems interesting. With Dr. Fate being the architect of it all, I think it might be intriguing to play Hank Hall, aka Hawk...since his destiny is to become part of an experiment by some of the Lords of both Order and Chaos to see if their agents could successfully work together. But that sort of needs a Dove; and if we don't have one, then I will switch my choice to Hawkman, Golden Age version--ie, Terran Carter Hall, not Thanagarian Katar Hol.

When you settle on what character you want reserved, let me know.

As for everyone else, limit the OOC because I miss when people are applying to the game. If you want to OOC, get approved, and then I'll make an OOC thread where you guys can chat to your hearts' content.
The gates are open

Remec

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 17, 2018, 07:35:16 AM
When you settle on what character you want reserved, let me know.

I think reserve me Hank Hall...even if Dove is like a sister from the get-go...I think he might be more intriguing to play, since he starts out kind of one dimensional and I could show his growth into an actual heroic destiny.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Remec on October 17, 2018, 07:43:32 AM

I think reserve me Hank Hall...even if Dove is like a sister from the get-go...I think he might be more intriguing to play, since he starts out kind of one dimensional and I could show his growth into an actual heroic destiny.

Ok. I'll put on the front page a Dove request and hopefully someone down the line picks him. If no one does, then what is your backup plan? Because it seemed Hawk & Dove has to be a thing.

Fixed Beast Wars moment lmao!

Ok wait. Don Hall or Dawn? Which Dove are you looking for?
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I'll be getting the OOC link up this evening (Pacific time) after class if I have no other obligations.
The gates are open

Remec

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 17, 2018, 09:24:48 AM
Ok. I'll put on the front page a Dove request and hopefully someone down the line picks him. If no one does, then what is your backup plan? Because it seemed Hawk & Dove has to be a thing.

Fixed Beast Wars moment lmao!

Ok wait. Don Hall or Dawn? Which Dove are you looking for?

Yeah, I was thinking of Dawn.  Well, if Hawk falls through for lack of a Dove, then I would like to have a backup in Carter Hall and/or Ted Kord...

TheBlackThrone

Hey chatter bugs, here's the OOC. Sorry for the wait.

Quote from: Remec on October 18, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of Dawn.  Well, if Hawk falls through for lack of a Dove, then I would like to have a backup in Carter Hall and/or Ted Kord...

How long do you intend to wait for a Dove candidate?
The gates are open

Remec

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 18, 2018, 08:22:56 PM
How long do you intend to wait for a Dove candidate?

I wouldn't want to hold things up. What seems good to you?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Remec on October 19, 2018, 07:38:22 AM
I wouldn't want to hold things up. What seems good to you?

I think you should play Hawkman for now, and if and when we get more players, then pitch the Hawk and Dove idea. That way if anyone wants to play a second character it's open.

As for everyone else, I will be getting Hal Jordan completed today, and then I'll start the IC today since it'll involve an orientation that is going to be absolutely interesting because your character interactions will make it interesting lol.

New players are free to join. We have so many justice positions still open. Almost every DC hero you could think of can fit in this game as a student in the Academy. Lastly, if you haven't finished your CS, try to do so soon or it may reach its drop date.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

This is currently a WIP, but a reminder to all approved. There's an OOC be sure to check the front page for the link.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Face Claim: Nick Bateman
Name: Hal Jordan
Alias: None yet.
Archetype: Green Lantern
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 186 lbs (84 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: Human

Personality: Hal is a little immature, but once he sets his mind on something, then he is determined to make whatever it is happen—whether they be dreams or aspirations. Even though he means well, he is known to be reckless and often times a troublemaker. The young man likes to drink, and he could be a borderline alcoholic. He is bad with money and he’s bad with remembering important dates. He isn’t exactly a stereotypical role model of a hero, in fact, he doesn’t even know why he’s been summoned to this crazy school. Wasn’t he supposed to be taking the ASVAB?

Current Story: Harold “Hal” Jordon was born the middle child of three sons to Martin and Jessica Jordan. His father was (and currently is) an Air Force test pilot working for Ferris Air. As a teenager, Hal struggled through school often getting into fights (which was what inspired him to become a boxer). His oldest brother, Jack, was the smartest, and he always received honors, and second to him was his younger brother Jim. As much as Hal looked up to his father and his career, Hal was always criticized by his family to be the “dumb one” when really high school education just never really interested him. Hal did enough to get by and never desired to be anything more than that. Upon completing high school, Hal moved out of his house to get away from his family. He did it to prove to his brothers that he was a “man” and couldn’t keep living at home. Meanwhile, Jack had gotten accepted into college and was working on his political science degree.

Hal moved out, got his own apartment, and worked at a fast food restaurant as he used the money to pay for his rent. Unfortunately, he wasn’t making enough money and started to struggle. As he slowly crept closer to eviction, Hal desperately sought out a job in the Armed Forces. Remembering his dream to become a pilot like his father, he thought about impressing him by joining the Air Force. Preparing to go to the Coast City MEPS, Hal would eventually awaken one morning and discover that he wasn’t in his apartment anymore.

Powers:

• Green Lantern Power Ring: Hal Jordan can shoot green laser beams from his power ring. He can also form constructs, by using his thoughts and the power ring to create an object that he can use to fight his enemies. The power ring can not affect any object that is yellow. The power ring runs out of power after a time, and can only be recharged by a Green Lantern Battery. The power ring also supplies information when asked a question.
    • Flight: Hal could fly through the lower atmosphere and outer space at any speed.
    • Cosmic Awareness: Hal gains a deep understanding of the universe.
  • Green Lantern Ring Master: Hal's constructs are among the most powerful. When he creates them, one often witnesses an "afterburner" behind Jordan of all his stray thoughts unconnected to the job at hand.
Abilities:

• Skilled Boxer: Hal has been boxing since high school.
  • Expert Pilot: Hal was planning on becoming a pilot in the Air Force until his life suddenly took an unexpected turn.

Character Relations: To be added as the story develops.

IC link has been posted on the front page. Also, be sure to checkout the OOC for my GM announcements will be posted there.
The gates are open

Lady Lunarius

*Peeks in* I'd like to claim Super Girl please
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

The front page is up-to-date. The Justice Academy is still in the entry stages of the game where characters are showing up to the school. If there is anyone else still wishing to join this game, then please drop a character reservation and be prepared to have a completed CS submitted to me in 7 days from that reservation date.
The gates are open

Sye

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

I am certainly interested but picking a character might be difficult.  I tend to go for odd, offbeat and unknown characters or those with limited or apparently useless powers.

Is the alternate universe Lex Luthor a possibility or does he fall under the villain ban?

What about Bouncing Boy from the Legion or Superheroes or is that too fan into the future?

Lastly I'm thinking about Black Condor, specifically the John Trujillo version.   
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on October 30, 2018, 10:52:14 PM
I am certainly interested but picking a character might be difficult.  I tend to go for odd, offbeat and unknown characters or those with limited or apparently useless powers.

Is the alternate universe Lex Luthor a possibility or does he fall under the villain ban?

What about Bouncing Boy from the Legion or Superheroes or is that too fan into the future?

Lastly I'm thinking about Black Condor, specifically the John Trujillo version.

I would stick with Justice League or Teen Titan characters. No villains.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 30, 2018, 11:17:09 PM
I would stick with Justice League or Teen Titan characters. No villains.

Black Condor is a member of Justice league International.  Not the version I want to use but it's a start.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on October 31, 2018, 02:09:45 AM
Black Condor is a member of Justice league International.  Not the version I want to use but it's a start.

I am not accepting Black Condor. All incarnations are best noted for their involvement in the Freedom Fighters. Choose from the Justice League or Teen Titans please.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

Norsegod1839

I don't mean to jump in but I think he's looking for the more popular ones Ie the core members and what not.

Just a quick google search on Bloodwynd but I'm unsure on where this would even fit in? Because I see he joined the Justice League but while posing as Martian Manhunter?

Sye

I've seen him in comics and kind of think he sounds cool and is part of the Justice League. I was looking at Atlee at one point and she isn't well known either.

Norsegod1839

Captain Whitebread

I prefer to avoid well known canon characters, so being restricted to the JL and TT makes it difficult to choose. I was under the impression that this was an alternate universe and character backgrounds were being rewritten. 

If I wanted to play Martian Manhunter pretending to be Bloodwynd while under the control of Rott (technically making him a villain), I would have asked to reserve Martian Manhunter or requested Bloodwynd and PM’d BlackThrone with what I was actually doing

TheBlackThrone

I don't allow players to play characters who rely on another one existing. Bloodwynd relies on Martian Manhunter to exist just as all of Batman's sidekicks do (with a few independent exceptions such as Nightwing). I will not allow you to play Martian Manhunter just so you can kick him to the curb once your character emerges. That is a waste of a playable role.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

Bloodwynd relied on the existence of Martial Manhunter for one storyline.  And if you think I'd treat ANY character with such cavalier disregard, you don't know me that well.

I don't like RPing canon characters and I tend to avoid the better known characters when I do have to RP them.  It is why I pick the more obscure characters.  I pulled up a list of JL characters and that is where I found Bloodwynd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Justice_League_members

Oddly The Question is absent from that list.   He's from JLU (Justice League Unlimited) so it surprises me.  One wonders who else is left out....

I'm trying to find a character that fits the criteria.  I'm not trying to be difficult.  I'm open to advice or suggestions that will produce a character that fits both our requirements....

Timeless

May I suggest maybe.. Constantine? Maybe Azrael or Blue Beetle?

Other than that, I usually don't roleplay canon characters to begin with, especially since I don't think I could do them justice. But I just adore Raven as a character, so I figured I just try anyways.

TheBlackThrone

Also, if you can't find an acceptable character, then just don't join the game rather than go through all of this trouble. This isn't the only DC RP up right now.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

This may not be the only DC game available but it is the one with the most intriguing premise.

The question as to whether the character is acceptable isn't mine to answer.  All I can do is ask about the ones I find intriguing.

Do you consider The Question aka Vic Sage an acceptable character?  He's a JL character.

Blue Beetle is an interesting possibility.  I've been a long-time fan of the Ted Kord version, so much so that I'd have a difficult time replicating the persona.  If you don't think he's OP, I'd certain be willing to play Jaime Reyes, who covers all bases by being JL AND TT!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 01, 2018, 07:16:01 PM
This may not be the only DC game available but it is the one with the most intriguing premise.

The question as to whether the character is acceptable isn't mine to answer.  All I can do is ask about the ones I find intriguing.

Do you consider The Question aka Vic Sage an acceptable character?  He's a JL character.

Blue Beetle is an interesting possibility.  I've been a long-time fan of the Ted Kord version, so much so that I'd have a difficult time replicating the persona.  If you don't think he's OP, I'd certain be willing to play Jaime Reyes, who covers all bases by being JL AND TT!

Like the Helmet of Fate, the Blue Beetle could have fallen into anyone's hands, so honestly, you can make an OC (the person not the scarab) for the Blue Beetle scarab if you want. Because in AU, anyone could have inherited it. Vic Sage, I would also allow in this game. The one thing I advise you to do because many players were forgetting to do it, is to "GRAY" out powers and abilities your characters don't have or know yet.

For whoever you decide to play...if it's the Blue Beetle, then your character will not have acquired the Blue Beetle Scarab yet since it is an independent AI. So you'll have to write a CS for an average joe until in-game the fated situation happens.
The gates are open

Sye

Captain Whitebread

I will opt for The Question

At this point he would just be an avid conspiracy theorist who had not yet gotten his hands on the face putty or the gas to activate it.

I will have a CS submitted for approval before the end of the weekend.

Thanks!

Sye

Captain Whitebread

Face Claim:Prince Harry
Name: Charles Victor Szasz aka Vic Sage
Alias: None
Archetype: The Question
Height: 6' 2”
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair Color: Red (Brown under the effects of Pseudoderm adhesive)
Eye Color: Blue (Cannot be seen under Pseudoderm)
Personality: Victor grew up in an orphanage and never knew his parents.  When he realized he carried he same name as a ruthless murderer, he began going by Victor (Vic) Sage.  Without any history of his own, he began trying to find meaning in the seemingly random world around him, turning him into a lifelong conspiracy theorist.  When Dr Fate offered to help him see the pattern behind the ebb and flow of all reality, he jumped at the chance.  Victor is a study in contradictions.  He's a loner but he's left a long list of broken hearts behind him and is more than capable of working with a team.  He's paranoid but he's naive.  His true face is not the one he wears but the one he will assume when he becomes The Question; a blank featureless mask.  He has been called a sociopathic narcissist but then those were the words of a jilted ex-lover, so they need to be taken with a grain of salt.  The things he is interested in, he borders on the fanatical.  All else he finds boring.  He is passionate about journalism, justice and finding the answer to the ultimate question: "What's REALLY going on?".  His harsh upbringing, martial arts training and 'true warrior spirit' has helped him to forge an iron will. 

Current Story: In a city as corrupt as Hub City, it would be a miracle if someone hadn't started training orphans as pick-pockets and burglars.  A masked man who called himself Fagin was responsible for instructing selected pre-teen orphans in these skills as well as the more computer based skills of hacking and identity theft.  Victor was an excellent student but he saw the damage his actions were causing and turned against the gang.  He ended up being frequently beaten for refusing to obey Fagin.

Victor spent as much  time as he could away from the orphanage and Fagin's gang as possible but he still received frequent beatings from the other orphans until he learned to properly defend himself.  He learned akido and kung fu under the tutelage of Richard Dragon.  The philosophy of the martial arts helped him deal with his anger issues and introduced him to spirituality and objectivism. The skills he learned allowed him to defend himself.  When he was finally able to give back better than he got, the gang left him alone, knowing that, even if he went to the police, no one would believe him.

Victor was able to discover a use for his second-storey skills when he reached high-school – gymnastics and to a lesser extent, acrobatics.  Guided by Charles Hayes, a former Olympian, he applied himself to these disciplines.  He competed at the state level but did not manage to win a spot on a national team.  He continued his gymnastics while in college but never found a teacher as dedicated or as skilled as Hayes.

A chance encounter with the school paper editor sparked his interest in journalism as a career.  He learned the skills an investigative report would need from Lois Lane herself.  He developed a crush on her; she thought his interest was creepy.  The investigative skills he learned, combined with his awareness of the corruption in Hub City, spurred him to seek out the underlying factors that were responsible for all things.  His interest (some say obsession) with conspiracy theories got its start at this  point.  He continued his interest in journalism into college and has earned some time in front of the college news cameras as an a roving reporter, with an eye on the anchor position.

Powers: NA

Short Term
Psedoderm Mask - Victor will eventually gain access to both Pseudoderm (an artificial skin replacement) and the adhesive that affixes it to human skin.  The adhesive has the additional ability to alter the colour of specially treated organic materials, like clothing and hair, explaining Victor's altered appearance when acting as the Question.

Long Term
Urban Shaman – A extension of his Zen philosphy, Vic has developed the ability to commune with the 'heart' and 'soul' of any large city, as if it were a person.  He can frequently get help by offering stream-of-consciousness improv poetry as incantations.

Cities know everything that happen within them (barring cloaking effects). They can provide clear portents when supplicated. For instance, a dripping fluid could form an arrow pointing toward what the shaman is looking for, or a long crack could appear in the pavement leading the supplicant to a specific place.

Vic is in touch with chthonic energy – known as ley lines, chi, earth forces, etc.. In his view they are channelled through large cities rather than, say, megalithic alignments or ponds with crooked bridges. If he’s present at a major nexus (such as a major Hong Kong building built to act as a feng shui node, Stonehenge, etc.) he will soak chi in and become even more dangerous.

Spiritual Combat (Astral Projection)
Vic can meet other shamanic types in a sort of spirit combat. This is feasible as long as both fighters will have some type of astral projection ability.
The fight is invisible in the physical world. The only thing onlookers can notice is that the two fighters must speak truthfully to each other whilst the spirit fight rages on. The loser must either surrender or flee, and seems to have no choice in the matter.  Beyond duelling, astral projection can be used to spy around. Vic has to physically touch a building to see it from the spirit plane, but once he does he can see and hear everything that goes inside, have his invisible spirit form move closer to observe something, etc.

Vic can also operate machinery from the spirit plane. For instance he could fight men physically and at the same time spiritually activate nearby elevators or water sprinklers.

The spirit plane further touches the realm of the dead. Sage uses this to commune with and contact the recently deceased who are prevented from moving on. For a spirit to linger on seems to require exceptional circumstances, though.

Abilities: Victor is a dedicated martial artist, studying akido and kung fu.
He is a skilled gymnast and acrobat having applied himself to these disciplines in high school and college but he is not an Olympian by any measure.
His time in Fagin's orphan gang has given him some skill at picking pockets and locks, although he is by no means an expert. 
His interest (some say obsession) with conspiracy theories,  coupled with his journalism training have made him a skilled investigator and a tenacious sleuth.
He is skilled with computers and has hacked into government websites more than once.

Character Relations: In high school, Vic had a huge crush on Lois Lane, who was edition of the school newspaper when he was just developing an interest in journalism.  She found him creepy and avoided him as much as possible but would likely recognize him if they met.

Sye

Face Claim: Bec of Hearts
Name: Koriand'r, "Kori" for short
Alias:Starfire, Princess Koriand'r
Archetype: Alien
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 158 lbs
Hair Color: Orange to Red depending on power
Eye Color: Green
Race: Tamaranean
Personality: Vivacious  / Naive / Extraversion/ Hot-Tempered / Curious
Current Story:

Koriand’r was born the younger of two daughters to King Myand’r and Queen Luand'r of planet Tamaran. Because her older sister, Komand’r, suffered from a childhood defect that deprived her of the Tamaranean ability to process sunlight for flight and thus was deemed unfit to rule so instead Koriand’r became first in line to the Tamaran throne. In all honesty, she wanted to hand over the throne to her little brother or give it back to her older sister Komand'r. Instead Koriand'r eluded her studies that were academic and political, focused on just the physical exercises and courses since it allowed her to be free. Only after a few threats of being sent away, losing her title, that she settled down and began to follow the rules. Take her academics seriously... well semi-seriously.

It wasn't until her 146 birthday that it was announced that her sister Komand'r would take the throne, much to Koriand'r's excitement. However that joy of future freedom was dashed when it was also announced that each of them, Komand'r, herself, Ryand'r had betrothed. Each of them marrying prominent royals that will strengthen alliances and resources. Komand'r was going to marry Prince Karras to seal a peace treaty. Ryand'r was going to marry a princess from another solar system to enable trade. Then there was her, to be married to General Ph'yzzon of the Tamaranean people. By her 156th birthday, she was to wed the General and instead ran away. "Borrowing" a merchant vessel that came to deliver goods as she made her grand escape as Koriand'r wasn't ready to be tied down.

Unsure where to go except away from the current situation, she jumped randomly from system to system until her fuel ran out and a voice invaded her mind and a figure appeared. He asked her if she needed aid and of course she said yes. However... the deal wasn't what she expected when she uttered that simple word and found herself surrounded by white light.

Powers:

Tamaranean Physiology: Starfire's alien physiology constantly absorbs ultraviolet radiation and converts it to energy.

Energy Absorption: She can also absorb the ultraviolet radiation from other lifeforms. She once used this application of her power to weaken a group of Kryptonians who otherwise required ultraviolet radiation to maintain their superhuman abilities.

Flight: Starfire possesses flight capability which leaves a distinctive energy contrail behind, looking as if it is coming directly from her hair. Starfire has also been stated to have flown light years through space in short amounts of time.

Interstellar Travel

Starbolts: The solar absorption experiments performed on her by the alien Psions granted her the amazing power and ability to channel and project that same energy into destructive blasts called "starbolts". Hyperion described Starbolts as highly concentrated solar energy that possessed incredible power. Starfire also has the power and ability to unleash all her stored energy into a pseudo-nova blast. It is suggested to be as hot as the sun itself, and so only uses this in dire situations.

Concentrate heat to melt metals

Using solar energy to create shields

Self-Sustenance:She also doesn't need to eat, drink, sleep and doesn't require an atmosphere to breathe, though she has to if she is low on ultraviolet energy.

Superhuman Durability:When angered, Starfire can go into a berserker state, granting her even greater strength, invulnerability, and immunity to many forms of damage. She is highly resistant to injury and can even survive unharmed in the cold vacuum of space.

Superhuman Stamina

Superhuman Strength:Starfire possesses great superhuman strength despite her pin-up girl looks. Starfire has at least class-100 strength as well, though her strength level has never been accurately quantified.

Linguistic Assimilation: She is also capable of assimilating other languages through physical contact with another person.

Abilities:

Hand-to-Hand: Advanced 

Swordsmanship

Aviation

Character Relations: N/A

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 03, 2018, 12:15:58 AM

Face Claim:Prince Harry
Name: Charles Victor Szasz aka Vic Sage
Alias: None
Archetype: The Question
Height: 6' 2”
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair Color: Red (Brown under the effects of Pseudoderm adhesive)
Eye Color: Blue (Cannot be seen under Pseudoderm)
Personality: Victor is a study in contradictions.  He's a loner but he's long a long list of broken hearts behind him and is more than capable of working with a team.  He's paranoid but he's naive.  His true face is not the one he wears but the one he will assume when he becomes The Question; a blank featureless mask.  He has been called a sociopathic narcissist but then those were the words of a jilted ex-lover, so they need to be taken with a grain of salt.  The things he is interested in, he borders on the fanatical.  All else he finds boring.  He is passionate about journalism, justice and finding the answer to the ultimate question: "What's REALLY going on?".

Current Story: Vic grew up in an orphanage and never knew his parents.  When he realized he carried he same name as a ruthless murderer, he began going by Victor (Vic) Sage.  Without any history of his own, he began trying to find meaning in the seemingly random world around him, turning him into a lifelong conspiracy theorist.  When Dr Fate offered to help him see the pattern behind the ebb and flow of all reality, he jumped at the chance.
Powers: NA

Short Term
Psedoderm Mask - Victor will eventually gain access to both Pseudoderm (an artificial skin replacement) and the adhesive that affixes it to human skin.  The adhesive has the additional ability to alter the colour of specially treated organic materials, like clothing and hair, explaining Victor's altered appearance when acting as the Question.

Long Term
Urban Shaman – A extension of his Zen philosphy, Vic has developed the ability to commune with the 'heart' and 'soul' of any large city, as if it were a person.  He can frequently get help by offering stream-of-consciousness improv poetry as incantations.

Cities know everything that happen within them (barring cloaking effects). They can provide clear portents when supplicated. For instance, a dripping fluid could form an arrow pointing toward what the shaman is looking for, or a long crack could appear in the pavement leading the supplicant to a specific place.

Vic is in touch with chthonic energy – known as ley lines, chi, earth forces, etc.. In his view they are channelled through large cities rather than, say, megalithic alignments or ponds with crooked bridges. If he’s present at a major nexus (such as a major Hong Kong building built to act as a feng shui node, Stonehenge, etc.) he will soak chi in and become even more dangerous.

Spiritual Combat (Astral Projection)
Vic can meet other shamanic types in a sort of spirit combat. This is feasible as long as both fighters will have some type of astral projection ability.
The fight is invisible in the physical world. The only thing onlookers can notice is that the two fighters must speak truthfully to each other whilst the spirit fight rages on. The loser must either surrender or flee, and seems to have no choice in the matter.  Beyond duelling, astral projection can be used to spy around. Vic has to physically touch a building to see it from the spirit plane, but once he does he can see and hear everything that goes inside, have his invisible spirit form move closer to observe something, etc.

Vic can also operate machinery from the spirit plane. For instance he could fight men physically and at the same time spiritually activate nearby elevators or water sprinklers.

The spirit plane further touches the realm of the dead. Sage uses this to commune with and contact the recently deceased who are prevented from moving on. For a spirit to linger on seems to require exceptional circumstances, though.

Abilities: Victor is a dedicated martial artist, studying akido and kung fu.  He is a skilled gymnast and acrobat.  His time at the orphanage has given him some skill at picking pockets and locks, although he is by no means an expert.  His   interest (some say obsession) with conspiracy theories has made him a skilled investigator and a tenacious sleuth. He is skilled with computers and has hacked into government websites more than once.  He has an iron will and as an adult once withstood a solid week of torture and interrogation without showing signs of breaking.

Character Relations: In high school, Vic had a huge crush on Lois Lane, who was edition of the school newspaper when he was just developing an interest in journalism.  She found him creepy and avoided him as much as possible.

The abilities need to be justified in the Current Story. Otherwise, that's  more to be grayed out.

@Saika: Sent you comments.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 03, 2018, 02:53:06 PM
**Edited  CS**

Until you properly justify those abilities in your character's  back story, and I mean Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How, your CS will not be approved. So put some work into it, and let me know when you got a decent back story going. This is an AU, you can tweak the back story if you want. There just needs to be one to explain where he is currently. There needs to be some details.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on November 03, 2018, 04:46:17 PM
Until you properly justify those abilities in your character's  back story, and I mean Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How, your CS will not be approved. So put some work into it, and let me know when you got a decent back story going. This is an AU, you can tweak the back story if you want. There just needs to be one to explain where he is currently. There needs to be some details.

Now that I know what you are looking for, I can work to provide it.  I can hopefully get it to you before the end of the weekend.

Sye

Any other takers care to join? We are still on the early stages of the game :)

Captain Whitebread

Captain Whitebread

Who is Mr Williams?

Selena has also not spoken up.

If 'Mr Williams' does not post by tomorrow, I'm posting anyway, since my turn seems to be right after Fate speaks, rather when it would be logical for Vic to comment....

TheBlackThrone

You should talk in the OOC and browse the threads in this game. You can post one time after every GM post regardless of order.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 24, 2018, 09:29:52 AM
Who is Mr Williams?

Selena has also not spoken up.

If 'Mr Williams' does not post by tomorrow, I'm posting anyway, since my turn seems to be right after Fate speaks, rather when it would be logical for Vic to comment....

This post was supposed to be in the OOC.  Not sure how it ended up here.

EvieFrye

Hate to do this, but I’m pulling out. I have tried to think of responses many times, but I can’t. And everyone has been posting to fast for me to catch up. So I’m sorry.

Captain Whitebread

NOOOO!!!!

We need Selena to twist Bruce's tail!

And we've slowed down....

Sye

Yeah the game has slowed so don't worry so please stay!

EvieFrye

Ok, I'll think about it. I never know when is a good time to post, and I get overwhelmed by everyone else posting so fast.

Captain Whitebread

Easy solution.  Pick one person and post after them.

Vic, for example.  Or Bruce.

EvieFrye

But I'm not always on . . . . And unless someone talks to my character, or includes them I never know how to post.

Captain Whitebread

You have to speak up as well.

She's a cat.  Which mouse interests her the most?

<gonna switch to PM>

Timeless

Quote from: EvieFrye on November 24, 2018, 10:06:35 PM
But I'm not always on . . . . And unless someone talks to my character, or includes them I never know how to post.

Even if none of the characters is interacting or talking with yours, you can still write how your character is reacting to what's going around her and let her ask Dr Fate questions. But when it comes to people posting and stuff, you have to expect that people will post faster since this is technically a group game. What I would recommend is trying to get a post out for your character at least once a week in the group game - or like how Captain had mentioned, choose a character to write after. Other people are not always on as well, but I'm sure they understood that they have to keep posting in a frequent manner to ensure the game keeps going on at a steady pace.

Caradoc

Here goes...

Face Claim: Alan Ritchson, circa Smallville era
Name:  Arthur Curry/Orin of Altantis Technically a Prince, but he’ll never call himself that.
Alias:
Archetype: Aquaman
Height: 6’1
Weight: 270
Hair Color: blond
Eye Color: blue
Race: Atlantean
Personality: Quiet, to start. He not only doesn’t know anyone here, this isn’t really his world. He’s going to do a lot of listening and looking and trying to figure out what’s going on before jumping in to social situations much. He’s very serious about his studies, knowing what he’s expected to be in the future. He’s also somewhat headstrong and stubborn. In a gathering, he's going to be the one in the corner or back up against the wall. He's not unfriendly, he's just really unsure about how the surface world works, especially socially. He's going to start off fiercely lonely and not willing to show it.

Current Story: Arthur is the son of Atlanna, Queen of Atlantis. His birth and early childhood were kept secret to spare him complicated political plotting. When he reached his teens, his existence was revealed to a few trusted allies. Now, a few years later, he was sent to the Justice Academy to be trained in the use of his powers and the ways of a warrior. Part of him wants to do right by his mother and his people, the rest of him has no interest at all in being at the Academy. He's torn in two directions, a recurring theme in his life.

Powers: Amphibian. Superhumanly strong, dense , resistant to injury. Limited telepathy. Heightened vision, smell, hearing. Heightened reflexes.

Abilities: He has some skill at fighting, although he's at best a gifted amateur. He's capable of surviving in the wilds underwater alone, and some of those skills carry over to being on land as far as basic survival goes.

Character Relations: None so far.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Kinghex

Is this group still recruiting? If so, I'd be willing to reserve Wally West/The Flash.

*PM update: To accomodate required generations, the posted application will be for Barry Allen.

Captain Whitebread

We've had a few players fall silent, so it's up to our esteemed GM.

I suspect he will be a pre-Flash Flash.

Sye

Oooh an interested party member! XD

Well as the holiday season gets closer things get hectic too.

Captain Whitebread

So, is the princess going to take Vic up on his offer?

Sye

Yes as she convinces Kara and everyone has their turn also see you in ooc

EvieFrye

Ok, I'm officially pulling out. I'm very sorry.

Sye

Kinghex

If it hasn't been denoted elsewhere, I also left. Barry Allen is an available character again.

Captain Whitebread

TheBlackThrone

In the future guys, when players say they are leaving or want to leave, do not try to peer pressure them to stay. Let them leave because I thought Evie left a long time ago when she first said it, and also it is not cool to do those things.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

I’m simply questioning the sudden departure, following on the heels of his entry post. He seemed to be settling nicely.

Kinghex

I'll answer questions over DM to avoid clogging the board. Broadly, I can assure it was on good terms.

Captain Whitebread

McSpooky

Hello.

I was shown your rp by a friend and liked the idea.  I see the game has already started and was curious if it was still possible to join.

Captain Whitebread

TheBlackThrone

Yes. We just have to revive all the holiday people.
The gates are open

McSpooky

Wonderful.  I was hoping it was slowing down just to the holidays instead of dying off.

I would also like to make a pitch for a character that might or might not be withing the guidelines.

Tara Markov, she always seemed more like a victim than a villain to me.  At least in most incarnations.
Perhaps using a time line where Dr. Fate found her before Deathstroke, or one where she actually lived quietly in the U.S. with her mother rather than being outcast by superstitious locals.

If that does not work for you I have several others I would be willing to play more in the normal hero rout.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: McSpooky on January 05, 2019, 08:14:21 AM
Wonderful.  I was hoping it was slowing down just to the holidays instead of dying off.

I would also like to make a pitch for a character that might or might not be withing the guidelines.

Tara Markov, she always seemed more like a victim than a villain to me.  At least in most incarnations.
Perhaps using a time line where Dr. Fate found her before Deathstroke, or one where she actually lived quietly in the U.S. with her mother rather than being outcast by superstitious locals.

If that does not work for you I have several others I would be willing to play more in the normal hero rout.

Tara is good.
The gates are open

McSpooky

lol great, I was expecting to have to make more of a pitch.

I'll finish up the character sheet and post it.

Captain Whitebread

Lucky.

I went through something like four concepts.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: McSpooky on January 05, 2019, 09:32:05 AM
lol great, I was expecting to have to make more of a pitch.

I'll finish up the character sheet and post it.

McSpooky, can you take your CS out of the character thread and post it here for review? The character thread is only for approved CSes.
The gates are open

McSpooky

Face Claim:Ellen Page
Name: Tara Markov
Alias: Tara Conners
Archetype: Terra
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 109lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Race: Metahuman
Personality: Brash / Stubborn / Secretive / Loyal / Confident / Independent / Lost

Current Story:
Terra has left her home in the U.S. and traveled to Markovia.  It is here she uses her powers to save a woman and child from an out of control car.  Instead of being thankful the woman calls Terra a witch.  This turns the crowd of worried and scared on lookers hostile.  During at the height of the hostilities Dr. Fate appears and saves her from the crowd by offering her a place in his academy.

Powers:
Geokinesis:
     Rock levitation – only fist and hand sized rocks at the moment (at least while in full control).

Rock wall – She can create a wall of rock.

Rock pillar – The creation of a pillar of rock for climbing on or throwing people.

Rock spike - A sharp spike or stone for offensive use.

Rock construct – a moving “creature” made of rock.

Flight – She can hang from rocks while she levitates them (it is not graceful).

Tremor sense – Terra can sense vibrations in the ground of footsteps and vehicles, as well as natural tremors.

Abilities:

Hiking/wilderness knowledge.

Geology

Character Relations: None at the moment.

TheBlackThrone

What is Tara's current story? How did you plan for her to meet Dr. Fate?
The gates are open

McSpooky

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

McSpooky

It was bulky and contained none of the information as to how she met Dr. Fate, I got the impression that was more of what you were interested in.  I can add it back in and expand it if you would like.

TheBlackThrone

Yes. You can keep the back story and the current story in one CS. The back story is important because it explains to me where your character is coming from, which can affect future events for her.
The gates are open

McSpooky

You know, I screwed up.  I got ahead of myself and made a noob mistake, and for that I do apologize. 

As I reread your messages I can't help but feel it truly pissed you off.  That is not a note I like to start on with a new GM, so I will officially bow out.  I do not wish to create further animosity of mistakes that will later impact your game.  I wish you the best of luck with it.

To those chaps who showed interest in my character, I thank you and will perhaps see you in another game.

Have fun.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: McSpooky on January 06, 2019, 08:44:16 AM
You know, I screwed up.  I got ahead of myself and made a noob mistake, and for that I do apologize. 

As I reread your messages I can't help but feel it truly pissed you off.  That is not a note I like to start on with a new GM, so I will officially bow out.  I do not wish to create further animosity of mistakes that will later impact your game.  I wish you the best of luck with it.

To those chaps who showed interest in my character, I thank you and will perhaps see you in another game.

Have fun.

Shame you feel that way. Just remember what I told you about any future games you join, you have to go through those GMs' approval process. You can't just post everything up of your own volition and jump in.
The gates are open

Gannameade

Captain Whitebread

It's wobbly but people are trying to save it after the GM withdrew.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Gannameade

Captain Whitebread

Well, we need a GM, although somebody has expressed interest.  Active characters help too.

We've lost the following:
Cat Woman
Flash (Barry)
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal)
SHAZAM
Raven
Terra

Not sure about:
Supergirl
Batman

Which leaves:
The Question (me)
Starfire

Here is the OOC link if you want to add your two cents worth...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=294960.msg14630072#msg14630072

Gannameade

What GM?  Who?

I can try it has been awhile?!?
Just picking up and moving forward.

I might just need to be a character to start.

starting something elsewhere don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Captain Whitebread

We lost The Black Throne.

One of the last posts on the OOC thread was from somebody interested in carrying on with the story.

<looks>

Franklin. 

It's right after the post where Norsegod1839 indicates that he's dropping out (Superman).

Gannameade

well I want a different character.  I am willing to Co-Gm.  But I can't do full right now.

Captain Whitebread

Send him a PM.

I've taken over four threads that got dropped by the GM.  Two are still going.  I'm not adding to the list until I clear some of my current RPs off the docket.