Revival: Time After Time [Extreme, Light Fantasy, Dash of Sci-Fi]

Started by Ceralilly, July 17, 2016, 11:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindrea

So, couple questions.

First: Are imgur links okay for images?  Specifically ones that I've uploaded myself.

Second:  How do we make an artifact?  More specifically, what is it and how does it link with the magic Artificers can use?

Ceralilly

Quote from: Lindrea on July 22, 2016, 11:56:32 AM
So, couple questions.

First: Are imgur links okay for images?  Specifically ones that I've uploaded myself.

Second:  How do we make an artifact?  More specifically, what is it and how does it link with the magic Artificers can use?

Quote from: Ceralilly on July 17, 2016, 11:27:27 PM

ARTIFACT LORE and MAGICAL SOCIETY- How do Theirianths and Artificers remember the rebirth of MAGIC?

The Artifacts are focal points, conduits for magic. The fact that they resemble rare gems is merely a coincidence, as they are actually physical embodiment(s) of the energy that becomes the manifestation of said element. This is why the colors are so uniform. They are carried as the wielder feels most comfortable, some as amulets, rings, or brooches, while others go as far as to implant the Artifacts within their skin or bone. Each family has a twist on tradition, while those outside on large and prominent families have even more freedom with how they carry their conduits.

It is said that after the humans took their technology to the stars and released the nuclear device that leveled what remained, the earth began to weep. Tears of joy were released upon the surface, and this rebirthed a handful of her children who remained loyal. Half of her children were made to sympathize with their animal brethren, and the other were given the gift of Earth’s natural force The Elements of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water.

YES! Imgur is fine I would think. We just try to make sure the links aren't broken and that Elliquiy standards are met. We can't be responsible if a bad link seeps into the Elliquiy servers or some craziness haha!

Does this help? If it DOES I will add it to the FAQ.

I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Lindrea

That's perfect!  Thank you!  I think that was the last thing I needed to finish my character. :)  Now to figure out where she keeps her three artifacts.  Also, are we limited to one artifact per element or can someone use more than one?  Also, if more than one is possible, what benefits might that entail?

Rafiki23

Quote from: Lindrea on July 22, 2016, 01:31:34 PM
That's perfect!  Thank you!  I think that was the last thing I needed to finish my character. :)  Now to figure out where she keeps her three artifacts.  Also, are we limited to one artifact per element or can someone use more than one?  Also, if more than one is possible, what benefits might that entail?

It would offer no benefits but it is considered a status symbol. The artifacts can and are easily placed in jewelry and there for can be worn for decoration to symbolized wealth or an affinity towards a particular element. So say an Alpha of a large family who is really strong in water magic, might have a ring, necklace, bracelet, and earring that all have red elements in them.

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

Lindrea

Sweet.  Think she's only going to have one for each type.  She's not rich by any stretch of the imagination.  Probably embedded in her skin, fused with the bone.  Yeah, I like that. :)

Rafiki23

Quote from: Lindrea on July 22, 2016, 01:41:49 PM
Sweet.  Think she's only going to have one for each type.  She's not rich by any stretch of the imagination.  Probably embedded in her skin, fused with the bone.  Yeah, I like that. :)

Wonderful! Let us know if there is anything else!!

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

Lindrea

CS sent in!  Hopefully I didn't screw anything up. >.>

Ceralilly

Quote from: Lindrea on July 22, 2016, 02:09:57 PM
CS sent in!  Hopefully I didn't screw anything up. >.>

We will make it as painless as possible  ;)

We ask about 24 hours...and we should have a reply for you. Xo
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Crash

If I read things right you can have artifact gems in your flesh correct?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ceralilly

Quote from: Crash on July 22, 2016, 07:48:43 PM
If I read things right you can have artifact gems in your flesh correct?

YES Absolutely. ^_^

Ceralilly

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=252904.0][img width=100 height=100]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/5/5c/Revival-Bttn-3.5.png[/img][/url]

Here is a Signature button if anyone is interested. We will be using the image in the OOC, and it links the this Interest Thread. <3

Rafiki23

Hey everyone!!! Welcome to your very own OOC!. Please enjoy and post responsibly!

Rafiki23

Hey!! This just in! Here is your very own Accepted Characters Thread!! Enjoy!!

Crash

I can't remember if this has been asked...are there mystical or magical creatures around?  If so are they really rare?  Sort of rare?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Sunshine

Quote from: Crash on July 23, 2016, 01:00:43 AM
I can't remember if this has been asked...are there mystical or magical creatures around?  If so are they really rare?  Sort of rare?

At the current moment, the only mystical or magical creatures around are the Therianths (shifter), otherwise the local fauna is what you might find in a tropical environment. We could look into adding some if you are interested. *writes it on the possible add to game list*

Ceralilly

Quote from: Sunshine on July 23, 2016, 07:46:56 AM
At the current moment, the only mystical or magical creatures around are the Therianths (shifter), otherwise the local fauna is what you might find in a tropical environment. We could look into adding some if you are interested. *writes it on the possible add to game list*

The flora and fauna were healed and returned to normal with many extra types of flora especially. Imagine earth on steroids. As sunshine said the fauna is the same...but as for the game we have going here we are focused on normal fauna and the three species of playable character. As Sunshine stated...we may consider this if we can find a way that it would help the game.

Ceralilly

New character sheet requirement: Use both Impirical and Metric converstions for height and weight. We have players from all over the world. This helps instill diverse playing and interactions. You can absolutely say you want a GM to add the measurements..but it must be done before you submit the sheet to the Accepted Characters.

The easiest way is to type the conversion into google and it will do it right there! ^_^

I know this may seem like a pain to some, but we want everyone to be able to "glance, read and comprehend, and plot."

Also new locational pictures added to the FAQ. They are spoilered.

Crash

Quote from: Sunshine on July 23, 2016, 07:46:56 AM

We should talk if my character is approved. ;)

Sunshine

rachels270692

This sounds interesting, but would like to know something before i thought my hat in :P

1: I understand me can not use cartoon/anime pics for the humans, but what about the animals? do they have to be pics of real animals, or can i use a more drawing one?

Ok open to roleplay, looking for people to roleplay with :) new craving on my page so check it out :D

Here you can find my ons and offs ons and offs

Check out my forum I am always up for roleplay.Roleplay forum

Here are my absences for 2016, dates where i will not be on or if I am not on for long. Absences 2016

Sunshine

Quote from: rachels270692 on July 24, 2016, 01:24:49 PM
This sounds interesting, but would like to know something before i thought my hat in :P

1: I understand me can not use cartoon/anime pics for the humans, but what about the animals? do they have to be pics of real animals, or can i use a more drawing one?

We would prefer the use of real animal photos, though drawings may be permissible with approval from the GMs. It would however, need to be a realistic drawing rather than a cartoon, anthro, or furry.  Feel free to PM Rafiki23, Ceralilly, and Sunshine what you have in mind.

rachels270692

would i need to go a chat which has all three of you in it, or just one of you?
Ok open to roleplay, looking for people to roleplay with :) new craving on my page so check it out :D

Here are my absences for 2016, dates where i will not be on or if I am not on for long. Absences 2016

Sunshine

We prefer all three but just one is fine. We all relay information to one another regardless.

rachels270692

Sunshine