[D&D 5e] Planar Supernatural School For Gifted Adventurers [Closed for now!]

Started by Blythe, October 14, 2015, 05:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyku

Yea... it was late when i put that up, so you are right, prof at level 1 is +2.

I'll adjust it.

If you need a co-DM, I am familiar with the system and more than willing to assist however I can.

If we feel that this is looking melee heavy, I will gladly switch to a sorceror or a cleric just to change things up.

As for Intimidation, I put both numbers due to the Variant: Skills with Different Abilities section listed on pg 175.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Strangefate

Considering!  Possibly as a Water Genasi Druid if that would be allowed.  Really not sure I'd have time though, so mostly just watching the thread for now.  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Blythe

Quote from: Strangefate on October 15, 2015, 06:11:29 PM
Considering!  Possibly as a Water Genasi Druid if that would be allowed.  Really not sure I'd have time though, so mostly just watching the thread for now.  :-)

Yes, that would be allowed.

*sees BAMF, Mr L, and now Strangefate* It's like I'm luring everyone from my other game to this one. O_o

Blythe

Quote from: Lyku on October 15, 2015, 05:52:06 PM
Yea... it was late when i put that up, so you are right, prof at level 1 is +2.

I'll adjust it.

If you need a co-DM, I am familiar with the system and more than willing to assist however I can.

If we feel that this is looking melee heavy, I will gladly switch to a sorceror or a cleric just to change things up.

As for Intimidation, I put both numbers due to the Variant: Skills with Different Abilities section listed on pg 175.

We'll see about a co-GM over a bit of time--ShadowFox89 has also volunteered; right now things are fairly under control.

And we've got a few who've expressed caster interest, so no worries on switching.

I need to go check pg 175 and read that about the Variant, thanks! :)

BAMF

*is working on a post for that game while pondering ideas for a character* ::)
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

ShadowFox89

Rather quick brainstorm/cliffnotes on character fluff:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Calypso is a drow from a plane that draws heavily on Greco-Roman culture and architecture. Raised on the streets, she turned to entertaining to keep a roof over her head, mainly dancing but some singing. However, as she grew older she found that customers wanted a... different sort of entertainment. Often rebuking their interests, things took a turn for the worse when one of the clients she rebuked was an interplanar demon who had taken an interest in her body. She fled to the nearby temple of Artemis for sanctuary. The demon followed her and raped her, then cursed her for spurning him. Calypso's body was infused with magic from the attentions of the demon after, but the trauma left her quiet and sullen. An archmage, traveling through the planes on her way to the academy, happened upon her in the temple. She offered the chance for Calypso to come with, where she would not be touched by the demon.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Calypso
Race: Drow
Class: Warlock
Alignment: Red/Blue/White (oh, you want DnD alignment instead of magic colors? Lawful Neutral)
Background: Entertainer

Hit Points: 10
Armor Class: 15
Speed: 30ft
Proficiency Bonus: +2

Strength: 8 -1/-1
- Athletics -1
Dexterity: 18 +4/+4
- Acrobatics +6
- Sleight of Hand +4
- Stealth +4
Constitution: 15 +2/+2
Intelligence: 11 +0/+0
- Arcana +0
- History +0
- Investigation +2
- Nature +0
- Religion +0
Wisdom: 14 +2/+4
- Animal Handling +2
- Insight +2
- Medicine +2
- Perception +4
Charisma: 19 +4/+6
- Deception +6
- Intimidation +4
- Performance +6
- Persuasion +4

Proficiency:
Saves: Wisdom and Charisma
Skills: Deception, Investigation, Perception, Acrobatics, Performance
Weapons: Simple, rapier, shortsword, hand crossbow
Armor: Light
Tools: Disguise kit, wind intrustments

Equipment: Light crossbow and 20 bolts, arcane focus, scholar's pack, leather armor, three daggers, ocarina

Class features: Otherworldly Patron (Fiend, Dark One's Blessing), Pact Magic

Spellcasting:
Save DC: 8 + 2 Proficiency Bonus + 4 Charisma
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand
Spells: Armor of Agathys, Command
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Blythe

Just a small note of what I need to do tonight:
* Review Sain's sheet (Paladin)
* Review Shadowfox's sheet (Warlock)
* Check Lyku's sheet after fixes (Fighter)

Notes of possible concepts submitted:
* BAMF (Possible Fighter or Wizard)
* Mr L (Possible Castery type--Wizard or Sorcerer)
* Strangefate (Possible Druid)
* Hexed (Possible Warlocks)

Quote from: BAMF on October 15, 2015, 05:45:45 PM
I'm thinking wizard. Or fighter. Or both. Both is an option, I hope. <.<

Game starts at level 1, but multiclassing will be allowed with level-ups. There are ability score prerequisites depending on class for multiclassing. Details in Chapter 6 of he PHB.

I'm not going to disallow multiclassing, but I'm also going to require a co-GM if someone does it later down the line to ensure I'm checking the sheets correctly if/when that time arises.

BAMF

Meant both as in submitting two characters. :P A wizard/fighter would be odd. >.> Even with my enjoyment of odd characters occasionally. If I wanted that feel, I'd go Eldrich Knight.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Blythe

Quote from: BAMF on October 15, 2015, 08:02:23 PM
Meant both as in submitting two characters. :P A wizard/fighter would be odd. >.> Even with my enjoyment of odd characters occasionally. If I wanted that feel, I'd go Eldrich Knight.

Oh, yeah, you can submit two. :)

Mr L

So, looking at the wizard entry in the PHB and just looking at the school powers gained, torn between abjuration and divination. Will take a look at the spells to see what's worth it.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Ala Rai Sen

Posting interest as a tiefling fey pact warlock. I'll get a sheet thrown together tonight when I am back at my computer.

ShadowFox89

Would we be beginning during the school year or before? If during, does anyone want to collaborate on knowing Calypso?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Blythe

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 15, 2015, 08:54:49 PM
Would we be beginning during the school year or before? If during, does anyone want to collaborate on knowing Calypso?

This would be starting on the very first day of the school year. :)

Quote from: Ala Rai Sen on October 15, 2015, 08:50:23 PM
Posting interest as a tiefling fey pact warlock. I'll get a sheet thrown together tonight when I am back at my computer.

This sounds great! ^^

Note: A lot of people have expressed interest in warlocks. I need to ask that other casters be considered by any new players from here on out as we're moving a bit warlock-heavy.

BAMF

Okay. So general pitches for my characters. I haven't even touched the PHB or rules yet.

First:
Character Image

A half-elf younger son of a human noble lord. Said father is planning on making some moves in politics, jockeying for a better position among the nobility. His elder two sons have both made names for themselves, married well, his eldest has sired a grandchild. But his youngest son. Not only has he shown no proficiency in anything worthwhile (leadership, propriety, fighting), he's a half-elf - evidence of a dalliance on his record. His wife has stuck by his side, knowing that if she were to expose this, he would likely lose all standing. With the changes in the political climate starting to turn to his favor, the lord confers with his wife & the decide to send him off to the Academy, knowing they can completely afford it. Not only will they get the indiscretion swept under the rug, but maybe he'd learn something. (Wizard)

Second:
Character Image

A female human raised among goliaths. Day in and day out all she hears about are their accomplishments. This guy brought home dinner of boar. That guy destroyed the giant razing the forest. His father is the fabled Wyrmchoker (kidding, kidding, but you get the idea). She's been relegated to chores like cooking, cleaning, house keeping, etc. Not because of her gender. No, because she's human. Humans are weak. What could she possibly manage to take down? Her goals at the Academy will be learning to temper her rage into a manner that will allow her to show them that not only is she capable, but she exceeds others of their clan. (She'll also probably do this in boobplate because she's a chick & a bad-ass. :P) Or, y'know, I'll find a bad-ass image that doesn't have boob plate. Either way, I see that pic as a definite "after schooling" pic.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

ShadowFox89

Second one would work really well as a Totem Barbarian :P

Barbarians get Con + Dex + 10 AC, as long as they aren't wearing armor (note, this means you can still wear a shield). So running around in a cloak and buckler, beating apart monsters in awesome rage is entirely possible.

That was also my idea for the nudist :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vex

I can't say I've ever heard of a school-centered D&D game, but I do love me some 5e, and enjoy the school setting for other types of games, so why not? Color me interested!

I'm thinking a Female Half Elf Rogue. Probably more of a skirmisher, switching between melee and ranged depending on the situation, but keeping fairly mobile in either case. Would you be open to someone using the Swashbuckler archetype from the Unearthed Arcana: Waterbound Adventures article? I'd love to give that a whirl, but if not, that's cool, I'll probably go for an Arcane Trickster or Thief instead.

Mr L

So I'm settling on a lady wizard, named Bianca. Before the school, she was teased mercilessly for being so intelligent, and having softer curves, that this time around, she's going to try playing it down and be more social, letting her bubbly personality shine, in hopes of making friends. I looked through the spells available for the various schools (why does the PHB have to be stupid and list ALL the spells in alpha order? ._. it's dumb...) and I'm still torn on the school of her focus. Abjuration for the powers and some spells, Divination for the powers, and Conjuration for some of the powers and most of the spells. Wish there was a more universal way to go...

The only thing I may need to get approval on is giving her a pet Compsognathus. He'll be a tiny little raptor like dude (same rough size as a common house cat), and he will behave :)

Bianca face and outfit

Chompski!
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

BAMF

>.> I miss familiars too. My dude would have a snake if possible.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

ShadowFox89

I think Bianca and Calypso would be fast friends. In a "teen titans raven and startfire" sort of way.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

A focus tends to stay, a material component gets used. Usually.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Unless it specifically says otherwise, it doesn't consume the component.

A focus can be used for anything that doesn't have a listed cost, as memory serves.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Chulanowa

Work beat the crap out of me. But hey! 12-hour shifts make for nice paychecks! Here's what my rolls look like.

Result: 2, 6, 1, 6, = 16
Result: 2, 6, 5, 1, = 15
Result: 1, 4, 2, 4, = 12
Result: 4, 1, 3, 3, = 12
Result: 4, 5, 1, 6, = 17
Result: 1, 3, 6, 6, = 17

Blythe

* Still going over the first three sheets, nearly done. Hit by a wave of sleepiness today, was also not expecting quite this much interest. If/when approved, I'll be formatting and posting the sheets in the World Building thread and PMing people if/when that's the case.

* A reminder on character image inspiration for those choosing to use them--no anime images, please. Illustrations/digital art/photography are all fine, but specifically, no anime.

* Swashbuckler Archetype for rogues is acceptable.

* Mr L, you can reroll your ability scores. If you don't like the reroll, though, take the standard array.

* On familiars: If a character knows the 'find familiar' spell, which is a level 1 spell/ritual, they can have a familiar. I may permit MM familiar variants, so long as it would make sense for both the character concept and so long as the character has an agreement with the SGA that the creature is fit to live in a dormitory.

* Normal pets are fine, again, so long as it would make sense for both the character concept and so long as the character has an agreement with the SGA that the creature is fit to live in a dormitory.

* Damn fine rolls there, Chulanowa. :)