Mass Effect 2 (With spoilers!)

Started by Avi, January 15, 2010, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachubka

Whoa, that was quick. I haven't gotten that far. The one thing I do like better than the first is the whole NOT driving around on planets to find stupid mineral deposits.

Avi

(Just be sure to post SPOILER with your post if you're discussing plot developments.  Some of us don't blast through games. :P)

Miranda in latex?  *perks*  I am intrigued...
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

MagicalPen

Continuing the SB conversation....

SPOLIERS ALERT

I let the guy (forget his name now) die in ME 1 (I wanted to bang Ashley of course - couldn't let her die! lol) and I saved the Council and Rex (though didn't know he could die).

I've only just started ME 2 and have Garrus along with the Genetically Altered girl and the Black dude (Jacob I think?). I am currently on the Prison Ship, just escaped the ambush (can you walk into the holding cell?) and just released Jack - who seems to have god-like powers.

I like how the Pilot is back (and Garrus) right away - the Taurian girl must join up later as I encountered her on a planet (where you learn about the Collectors) and have started mining on some planets. I assume if I go back to the planets i've PROBED i can't get more stuff from those probes?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Avi

Ashley's dead in mine, so it'll be interesting to see Kaidan.

I don't think you can, with that holding cell.  I half-wanted to, just to see what happened.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that all my posts should be considered spoiler marked!

In my "proper" ME1 save, it will be an entirely Paragon run with Kaidan dead. I already had one Carth! I didn't need another! :P

As for mining, if you don't find a deposit, it will still be there if you want to go back. However, I finished the game with over 300k in each type except for eezo which was about 70k, and I had mined maybe half of the planets.

Callie Del Noire

I am about half that in materials Karma (but I've mined at least 2 clusters clean) I'm going though my journal for other quests before going after the next step. I am VERY curious who the last squad mate is (DON'T tell me) and I'm still working on the optimum mix.

Jack is awesome with shockwave, Miranda is pretty good.. Grunt is EVIL against squishies (Lvl 4 Incendiary shot) The only ones I haven't done a lot with are the Justicar and Garius.

Garrus and [SQUADMATE DELETED] were my team in the endgame.

thebobmaster

Mass Effect 2? You mean that hole eating up my last two days? Great game. Ending is even more awesome than Mass Effect 1.

Also, both the returning party members seemed to have taken a few levels in being awesome. Or is it just me that thinks that?
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

thebobmaster

My team at the end was a team you could have in ME1. As for my love interest?

Sorry, Liara. Tali's mine. Feel bad for you, but I choose her.

Slywyn

They didn't just take a few levels in awesome. They took about 20 in badass. Win.

Also, just beat it. Anyone else get an "Oooh, fuck." Moment when they saw that?
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Callie Del Noire

Grumpy.. want to get back together with Liarra but can't!

Slywyn

shoosh. xD No spoilers or Sabby will keel you in your sleep.

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Callie Del Noire

Sorry.. did just have a fun moment..

(and I'm thinking I haven't figured out for my girl shepard to get a 2nd night :D)

I was mining out on the edge somewhere.. took one probeshot to go from a 'Rich' to 'Depleted' planet.. now that is a LOT of Element Zero!

Avi

What are these "loyalty outfits" I'm hearing about?  I just finished Miranda's sidequest, and I'm wondering what the deal is.

thebobmaster

Quote from: Avi on January 28, 2010, 04:13:41 PM
What are these "loyalty outfits" I'm hearing about?  I just finished Miranda's sidequest, and I'm wondering what the deal is.

After you beat their loyalty quests, you unlock a new outfit. Don't know how to equip it, but...

thebobmaster

Quote from: Spectfade on January 28, 2010, 03:17:25 PM
They didn't just take a few levels in awesome. They took about 20 in badass. Win.

Also, just beat it. Anyone else get an "Oooh, fuck." Moment when they saw that?

The ending boss? Yeah, that was a case of "Well...this is gonna suck."

Slywyn

No. Not the boss. Though it was a mother to take down. I mean the end. The last thing you see before the credits roll. I was just like.... "The galaxy's boned."

Callie Del Noire

"I think Humanity's best interests involve an airlock."

They have some class A lines in this one. :D

Slywyn

That they do. The character they reference in that line is my favorite apart from the two that return from the old game. And then he's the only one that dies in the end. Just took a rocket to the face. ME2's like "Oh. By the way. I'm gonna kill one of your people now. K? K." *boom*

In the character select screen you click "Change Appearance" or some such.

By the way, Jack Wall should win a fucking award for the soundtrack. It's gorgeous.

Callie Del Noire

My favorite pairing..
Joker vs Edi.. :D

Callie Del Noire

Edi vs Joker.. totally hilarous.

gets scarey when she starts calling him by his proper name though

thebobmaster

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 28, 2010, 06:42:55 PM
My favorite pairing..
Joker vs Edi.. :D

Classic. Also, ended up talking online like Mordin. This weird? Must investigate.

Fractured my thumb on the mute, but I think I got my point across!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: thebobmaster on January 28, 2010, 06:49:54 PM
Classic. Also, ended up talking online like Mordin. This weird? Must investigate.
I hear him and think: DECAF DUDE!