Words of wisdom!

Started by Grave, February 21, 2014, 05:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Lovely Complex

💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Lady Shadow

My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.
- Emma Watson
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Nico

justme4386

Hate is drinking poison and
expecting the other to die!
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Beguile's Mistress

AmberStarfire

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Xyza

I'm back and accepting roleplay

AmberStarfire

Munnin

I'm still on my feet, so everything is not lost.
Life always teaches arrogant surrender first.
Not for the sake of trophies and awards. For the sake of triumph over evil and meanness! For the purpose of good!

No doubt! No worries! I know the price of victory and the bitterness of defeat.
In the moment of truth, on the path to enlightenment, I am ready to fight my shadow.

Nico

AmberStarfire

Beguile's Mistress

AmberStarfire

Nico

AmberStarfire

Joseph Laudantis

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there"
-Richard Feynman

Zaphod

I was reading some old Berkshire annual reports looking for some inspiration (yeah I know I need to get a life) and I came across this Warren Buffet quote from 2010. There are so many signs that this happening again now but apparently no lessons have been learned at all. I'd probably take some short positions if I didn't have a conflict of interest.

"Unquestionably, some people have become very rich through the use of borrowed money. However, that’s also been a way to get very poor. When leverage works, it magnifies your gains. Your spouse thinks you’re clever, and your neighbors get envious. But leverage is addictive. Once having profited from its wonders, very few people retreat to more conservative practices. And as we all learned in third grade – and some relearned in 2008 – any series of positive numbers, however impressive the numbers may be, evaporates when multiplied by a single zero. History tells us that leverage all too often produces zeroes, even when it is employed by very smart people. 

Leverage, of course, can be lethal to businesses as well. Companies with large debts often assume that these obligations can be refinanced as they mature. That assumption is usually valid. Occasionally, though, either because of company-specific problems or a worldwide shortage of credit, maturities must actually be met by payment. For that, only cash will do the job. 

Borrowers then learn that credit is like oxygen. When either is abundant, its presence goes unnoticed. When either is missing, that’s all that is noticed. Even a short absence of credit can bring a company to its knees."

Nico

Boatman

To know the truth, except when we don't
History, where creative writing was born.

ladyfickle

There are two kinds of people in this world: givers and takers.
The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better...

Nico

Autumn52

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Xandi on June 20, 2019, 11:13:12 AM

I love this so much.

That's cool :) and welcome back!