Feature Suggestion: Customizable Sub-Sections Within Bookmarks

Started by Caeli, November 04, 2009, 02:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

Veks! ^__^

This is a feature suggestion for the future, when you have more time to devote to coding more awesome things for Elliquiy.

I think it'd be really cool (and very useful) to have customizable sub-sections within our bookmarks.  Like file folders within a filing cabinet. Or folders within a binder.

At the moment, I mostly bookmark my roleplays, but lately I've taken to bookmarking other threads of interest, like the recipes thread, NaNo threads, and other peoples' roleplays. Having these sub-sections would allow members to sort their bookmarks by type more easily. :-)

For example, within my bookmarks, possible subsections might include:
  • My Non-Roleplay Topics
  • My Roleplays
  • Dead Roleplays
  • Roleplays I Follow
  • Threads of Interest

That is all. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

I'm going to be working with the SMF team a bit to see about phasing out the current user-topic portion of the schema and replace it with something a bit more robust. So I'll take any sort of suggestions that involve you (as a member) and topics (like this thread, your roleplays, etc) and their features. For example

* Removing topics from your 'show new replies since' list
* Ignoring single topics entirely
* Topic ratings as with MyBB and some other forums (see http://personalroleplaying.com for an example)
* Caeli's idea above with the bookmarks
* Anything involving notifications

Etc. and so on. It's all the same 'style' of issue, so I'd rather implement the set and be done with it for awhile.

Haibane

Sounds fantastic. My bookmarks seem to be about the same size as the site and organizing them better would be a big help.

Krysia

I totally agree with the suggestions Caeli made. >:) It would make my life so much easier and I'm sure it would make others easier as well. I hate digging through my bookmarks to find the one I'm looking for.

Saerrael

Skye

Quote from: Caeli on November 04, 2009, 02:46:43 AM
Veks! ^__^

This is a feature suggestion for the future, when you have more time to devote to coding more awesome things for Elliquiy.

I think it'd be really cool (and very useful) to have customizable sub-sections within our bookmarks.  Like file folders within a filing cabinet. Or folders within a binder.

At the moment, I mostly bookmark my roleplays, but lately I've taken to bookmarking other threads of interest, like the recipes thread, NaNo threads, and other peoples' roleplays. Having these sub-sections would allow members to sort their bookmarks by type more easily. :-)

For example, within my bookmarks, possible subsections might include:
  • My Non-Roleplay Topics
  • My Roleplays
  • Dead Roleplays
  • Roleplays I Follow
  • Threads of Interest

That is all. :-)

I do the same, and I love this idea! -Gives Veks the puppy dog eyes-
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

jouzinka

Quote from: Vekseid on November 04, 2009, 02:52:44 AM
I'm going to be working with the SMF team a bit to see about phasing out the current user-topic portion of the schema and replace it with something a bit more robust. So I'll take any sort of suggestions that involve you (as a member) and topics (like this thread, your roleplays, etc) and their features. For example

* Removing topics from your 'show new replies since' list
* Ignoring single topics entirely
* Topic ratings as with MyBB and some other forums (see http://personalroleplaying.com for an example)
* Caeli's idea above with the bookmarks
* Anything involving notifications

Etc. and so on. It's all the same 'style' of issue, so I'd rather implement the set and be done with it for awhile.

Could I add that it would be nice to be able to show incoming/archived/outgoing PMs from/to a certain person? Or at least be able to search PMs received or sent to a certain person...  O:)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Oniya

Quote from: jouzinka on November 11, 2009, 04:09:48 PM
Could I add that it would be nice to be able to show incoming/archived/outgoing PMs from/to a certain person? Or at least be able to search PMs received or sent to a certain person...  O:)

If you click on the header of the 'From' column, it will sort your PMs by the username there, either ascending or descending.  It's not exactly a search, but it makes it easy to find messages from one person.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Quote from: Oniya on November 12, 2009, 07:42:11 AM
If you click on the header of the 'From' column, it will sort your PMs by the username there, either ascending or descending.  It's not exactly a search, but it makes it easy to find messages from one person.

Thanks. :)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Beguile's Mistress

I'd like to support the request for sub-sections in bookmarks.  I, for one, would find it useful.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=48983.0

I'd love being able to build folders for the stories I'm writing, the stories I want to follow and other items I'd like to keep track of.