News:

Main Menu

Doctor Who Junkie!

Started by Usani, September 19, 2012, 08:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aislinn

"Blink"...that's another one of my favorites! How could I forget the weeping angels?!?

I admit that every piece of the Dr.Who puzzle has its purpose and place. I'm a Rose Tyler fan...and I think her chemistry with Ten was amazing although she irritated me at times. I think they all had good and bad episodes.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Silverfyre

I guess the lesson of the Whovian Day is that each Doctor, Companion and writer has their own "bad" and "good" moments.  Let's just enjoy the fandom as a whole and hope the end of this season is epic.

And you win all the reversed polarities for that story, Oniya.

Stella

Quote from: Oniya on May 13, 2013, 09:11:01 AM
'Dat scarf' got me through my first semester of Calculus in college.  About three days in, I realized I'd already taken the material in 11th grade, so I taught myself to knit.  Large class, back row, yarn and needles under the desk, and I could answer any question the teacher asked.

Hahaha! Beautiful.

Moraline

Quote from: Geeklet on May 13, 2013, 09:07:54 AM
I don't know what it is, but Donna just irritated the everloving crap out of me.
Yes to this. I'm not a fan of her standup comedy either. She's an annoying shrill whiny bitch.

Other then that, I've liked every companion and all 3 Doctor's since 2005.  I didn't start watching it until the 11th but then I went back and watched them all until I caught up and I've been watching them ever since.

I like each of them for their own reasons.

I like the 9th intensity and his interactions with Rose really got me hooked on the concept of the companion.
The 10th was good all around but his companion hoping and eventual crash landing into Donna turned my stomach. (I really liked Martha.) I was also upset with the show for losing Rose but I suppose it had to happen.
The 11th is my favorite because of his quirky goofy personality. He keeps me laughing, although I have a hard time sometimes taking him seriously when he makes his "intense" face. Also, I really liked Amy a lot, she was fun.

Falanor

Quote from: Silverfyre on May 13, 2013, 09:09:28 AM
"The Doctor's Wife".  Neil Gaiman needs to do more Dr. Who episodes.
Well he did write Nightmare in Silver.  I think he'll write an episode a season at most, though I'd love to see more.

Stella

Quote from: Falanor on May 13, 2013, 09:40:19 AM
Well he did write Nightmare in Silver.  I think he'll write an episode a season at most, though I'd love to see more.

He wrote on his Tumblr that he wouldn't be doing any more for awhile, as he doesn't have time to commit to the process. :(

Silverfyre

I knew "Nightmare in Silver" was Gaiman's before I even seen the opener.  It reeked positively of his style.  It is definitely my favorite episode so far from the second half of season 7.

Callie Del Noire

Here is a good one.. can you recall your FIRST Doctor Who moment?

John Cleese & Eleanor Bron cameo - Doctor Who: City of Death

It was on BBC.. literally the FIRST thing my TV in Newtownforbes, Ireland got with the new 3 story tv antenna that we got.

Oniya

I remember it was on Maryland Public Television (MPT 22), it was Tom Baker, and fairly certain it was Sarah Jane and Harry as companions.  I was also in high school, so further details are quite hazy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Falanor

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 13, 2013, 12:38:58 PM
Here is a good one.. can you recall your FIRST Doctor Who moment?
Doctor Who: William Hartnell Regeneration
Mine was catching Hartnell regenerating into Troughton.  I saw that and my brain was instantly hooked.  It helped that my dad made a deal with me that I could stay up past my bedtime if I spent it watching it on PBS with him.

Dovel

Doctor Who - Would You Like a Jelly Baby?

I grew up with Tom Baker as the Doctor. After all these years he is still my favorite.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Falanor on May 13, 2013, 03:24:17 PM
Doctor Who: William Hartnell Regeneration
Mine was catching Hartnell regenerating into Troughton.  I saw that and my brain was instantly hooked.  It helped that my dad made a deal with me that I could stay up past my bedtime if I spent it watching it on PBS with him.

You're lucky..there are only a handful of Hartnell eps out there. Lord knows how much was lost.

Falanor

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 13, 2013, 07:56:21 PM
You're lucky..there are only a handful of Hartnell eps out there. Lord knows how much was lost.

I really, REALLY wish they would do something about that.  Either in print or maybe audiodramas...hell even that proposed animated series would have been interesting to see them redo the old, lost episodes.

Stella

^ This.

I'd love to see more Troughton, too. I think most of his were destroyed? I've only seen him in The Five Doctors and he was pretty much my favourite part of the whole episode.

Callie Del Noire

One site I read said just under 1/2 of them (something like 102 or so of 220-something) were wiped to cut on storage/materials.

dthewaters

Quote from: Stella on May 13, 2013, 05:04:50 AM
Why do you hate the name? If you could rename, what would you prefer they be called?

I don't really hate the name, I just hate that what was foreshadowing them was the phase, "Silence Will Fall." I didn't hate that either, but being two season arc words, I was expecting something bigger, instead we got a new species of aliens taking over Earth, basically what we've already got before. If possible I wouldn't even name them anything make them all the more horrifying or at least make an allusion to shadows, as they were constantly in the shadows of human history.

Quote from: Silverfyre on May 13, 2013, 06:27:38 AM
Hello, another Whovian here!  I was wondering what you all thought of this recent tidbit about the 50th anniversary special.

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=103035

I had a more WTF reaction to this. Felt one of the comments had it right, Steven Moffat had gone mad with power. Not that I don't enjoy his work.

My favorite Who episodes from the new series is of course The Girl in the Fireplace but I also enjoyed all the episodes with The Master in them.

The Golden Touch

-Drops off an awesome Dr. Who GIF-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Polymorph

So, big new news for Dr Who. Matt Smith is bowing out of the show after the Christmas special. Who do you all rate for the next regeneration of the Doctor? Are we going to see the time lord regenerate into a female as has been confirmed as possible in the series or will that be too much of a leap for Whovians? Dame Helen Mirren and Olivia Colman are two of the names being touted for the next Doctor.

Oniya

The idea of having a female Doctor has been bandied about before - during the Golden Age of Who, I think it was Tom Baker who wished the next Doctor good luck 'whoever he or she might be' as he stepped down.  If it wasn't Tom, it was Peter Davidson.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Stella

Not a fan of having a female Doctor tbqh. After all this time, I feel like it'd be gimmicky. I'd also prefer an unknown, or relatively unknown actor in the part.

Aggh. So many feels today.

SweetSerenade

Anyone have any CONFIRMED links where Matt Says he's bowing out? Because at his last big interview he said he was staying on till 2014. I don't think he's stepping out after the Christmas special... And I really don't think that the weird dude is his next regeneration, I think he's something else entirely... they call him the 'Doctor' but that is the weird thing... The Valeyard was created FROM The Doctor, the Valeyard IS The Doctor.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Stella

SpiralSpider

The 9th Doctor was my first and favorite as well. It's sad that I'm hearing of a new trend of people skipping him and going right to Tennant. :/

I don't like Matt's take on things so much... I hope #12 will be a bit more serious.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Usani

Quote from: Stella on June 01, 2013, 11:18:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Matt-Smith-to-leave-Doctor-Who
^ Straight from the horse's mouth, statements from Moffat and Smith.

*cries* I'm seeing sad meme's all over facebook about this!  I don't want him to leeeave but then again after the death of the Ponds I can't see him with any other companions!

Polymorph

A few tidbits of information that are out on the 50th anniversary special in November.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
David Tennent and Billie Piper will be reprising their roles and appearing in the special. John Hurt will play a previously unknown incarnation of the Doctor. The Zygons are making a return to Dr Who. Elizabeth the first will be making an appearance. On location filming in London included Trafalger square and the tower of London. UNIT will be making a return