"Furry Force Alpha" - Exotic Sci-Fi. (Requires a better name, please?)

Started by Chrystal, November 04, 2012, 04:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Truhan

working on my sheet.

"A Newtype is theorized to be the next stage of human evolution in the fictional Gundam universe. This minor but groundbreaking metamorphosis is usually expressed as a heightened mental awareness, the result of an evolutionary adaptation to life in space."

Had to look it up, the only time I saw one was a girl in a trance calling out explosions ahead of time so the guy driving could avoid them

Chrystal

Ah, right...

Well, let's see.

Personally I'd rather rely on technology than on precognition.

Anyone who's ever done a sci-fi RP with me knows there is ONE piece of future technology that I insist upon.

The Cranial Implant.

This year, ground-breaking medical technology was demonstrated for the first time when a quadriplegic woman was able to use a mechanical arm to take a drink from a cup, using a computer chip that had been implanted into her brain.

The first mobile phone was the size of a concrete block and weighed about as much. The first computers filled rooms and had less processing power than the average household appliance today. That huge box on top of the woman's head is the first step. Medical science will expand and build on the new technology, until it is more useful. Then the Military will take it up and make it portable. Then the communications and entertainments industries will get hold of it and make it commonplace!

By the end of this century - Mark My Words, ladies and gentlemen and those in between - By the end of this century, it will be normal for people to have a microchip implanted in their brain, replacing the personal computer and the mobile phone.

So, yes... the next evolutionary stage of humanity will be artificial. Each of our pilots will have a small, metal-lined hole in the back of his/her neck, into which a jack-plug from the fighter's onboard computer will fit, enabling the pilot to control the craft just by thinking about it. They will, in effect, become the ship.

Of course, these jacks have other uses too... Plug yourself into another person and experience the most intimate contact possible...!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Prince Truhan

Player Name: Prince truhan

Character name: Maxwell Crow
Sexuality: Straight
Role: Fighter Wing Commander
Height: 6 ft 2 inc
Weight: 178 pounds

Appearance:

Percent human DNA: 100

Likes: Winning, being in charge, being listened to, learning people are smarter than what he expected them to be

Dislikes: Losing, dumb people, cheating, prejudiced against anthros (this can change upon interactions)

Personality: Proud and determined, he has a commitment to being the best and he pushes those under him to do the same. While he can delegate when he feels the person is worthy he only trusts those that have proven themselves to him. He can be tactless an unkind, his point however focuses on the improvement on those around him, not on humiliation. Still he can be almost ruthless if he doesn't respect who he is interacting with in the hopes of getting them to react.

Those that have earned his respect however are treated in an almost friendly way, but that isn't easy to do.

History: Despite the animal present in his last name, no member of the Crow family has ever been genetically tailored and unless something change it will remain like that. Maxwell has learned from a young age that those things by being less human are below him and other full humans (diminishing ranks as they are), he doesn't hate them he just things they are at best pets or tools.

The military life fit his rigid behavior and even if he was physically at a disadvantage against those with genetic modifications, he was determined to surpass them and his commitment to that made him recognized.

While his views are extreme, he was talented enough to be promoted and as he didn't refuse to work with anyone no matter their percentage he fit in charge of these assortment of pilots, also those extreme views help those in charge feel more at ease that he isn't going to end up leading a revolt of the anthros of some sort.

Chrystal

Oh, NICE!

Well so far I have two Human characters which is 200% more than I NEED for the RP.... given that I have ZERO feline characters!

Oh well...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Player Name: Chrystal

Character name: Karrillia
Character Serial Number: 10rs5026
Locations of Serial Number Tattoo: Right ear, inside of left thigh, sole of left foot
Sexuality: Gay
Role: Squadron Leader

Height: 4'3", 129 cm
Weight: 56 Lbs, 25.4 kg

Appearance:
Eye Colour: Brown
Fur Colour: Black and white
Species and/or breed: Tuxedo house cat
Percent human DNA: 70% Human, 25% feline, 3% fruitbat, 2% dolphin

Likes: Flying, sports, keeping fit, females, rock music, fish, chicken, winning, being appreciated.
Dislikes: Males, loosing, classical music, beef, being overlooked, prejudice, Arrogant Humans.

Personality: Karrillia is easy going when it comes to her personal life, but she is a strict disciplinarian when it comes to work. Caught in an impossible position in the Military command structure, she is often frustrated at the fact that those humans whom she should outrank in fact outrank her simply because she is Anthro, and unlike a human pilot who can order the deck crew to service her fighter, she is forced to ask them nicely if they would please do so. This frustration is compounded by the fact that she knows beyond doubt that her squadron can out-fly and out-fight any other squadron. But due to her status, she is forced to remain humble and not flaunt her skill.

History: Karrillia was bred by the military for the specific role of piloting a new design of experimental fighter craft. He/She underwent accellerated growth, to reach physical and mental maturity and was then given extensive training in how to fly the fighter ship. He/She graduated from the pilot training and was given his/her present rank, before being sedated and shipped to the Carrier Jump-ship Persius' Revenge. Once there, he/she was revived and shown into the squadron's ready room where he/she met the rest of the squadron for the first time.

IrishWolf

Greetings Chrystal,

I was reading through your roleplay and I am interested in taking the position of Deck Crew Chief (heavily influenced by MGySgt Micklin from Baa Baa Black Sheep) and I had a question about weapons tech.

Will the fighters be armed with energy weapons (lasers, phasers, particle beam, ect), more conventional weapons (rail guns, coil guns, missiles, ect) or a combination of both? Also, what about personal weapons?

Chrystal

Hi IrishWolf.

Um... right. Weapons tech....

Lasers: How do you defend against a beam of light? Simple: You put a mirror in the way. A totally reflective surface which bounces the beam straight back at the person firing it! Lasers are not and never can be effective weapons for this one very simple reason!

Personal weapons, I always veer towards projectile weapons, because they are smaller, lighter and pack more punch than energy weapons. That said, I usually prefer to have ship-board marines armed with a low-velocity round that will not penetrate a ship hull or damage critical systems, except in a hostile boarding situation! Also, in space, a gauss-weapon is more reliable than a combustible-propellant weapon, having a lower recoil and not requiring oxygen.

Ship weapons: I veer towards projectiles, again. Reason being:

Your target is 500,000 Km away and moving at 0.2c. Your laser is a straight-line, line-of-sight weapon, that moves at c. In the 1.67 seconds it takes your laser to cover the distance between your ship and your target, your target has moved 100,000 Km. Where, exactly, are you going to aim?

A missile, on the other hand, has a computer on board that locks on to the target, accelerates to 0.5c and follows the target around until it catches it and blows up.

Lasers are close defence weapons only.

As for KE weapons, they are far too indiscriminate and are outlawed by the Capella Convention. Of course that doesn't stop people making and using them...

A cloud of low-radar-return high density spheres fired into the path of an enemy ship at high velocity can be devastating. But those spheres that don't hit the target carry on going, in a standard ballistic trajectory, for ever. In peace-time they become a hazard to shipping, rather like indiscriminately used land-mines are a hazard today.

I think I should probably point out that I'm NOT running this game unless I get a ratio of two anthros to one human! So far I have 2 humans to 1 anthro.

Belisuavious

What happened to the people on page 1 who said they were interested?

IrishWolf

Player Name: IrishWolf

Character name: Kevin Russ
Role: Deck Crew Chief

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 200 pounds

Appearance:
Eye Colour: blue
Hair Colour: Strawberry blonde, turning grey

Percent human DNA: 100%

Likes: Smooth drills, well executed launches, fighters that look brand new (and fly like it), his cigars (when he can smoke them or just crewing on them), Scotch, haggling, enlisted sailors
Dislikes: When pilots scratch or damage his fighters, slow scramble times, bad pilots, lacking spare parts, running low on spare fuel, most people, "real" officers

Personality: Kevin is a tough-as-nails maintenance chief who has the unenviable job of keeping the Persius Revenge's fighters operational. He tends to be ill-tempered, always grumbling about this or that, gruff, occasionally violent but he never shouts, only growls like he had some animal DNA in him. Kevin is a master at his job and keeps the fighters in good repair, which is the only reason he has his rank, having been promoted and demoted several times, often for brawling. He's hard working, often not sleeping or eating until the job is done. He hates almost everyone or at least does his best to make it look that way.

History:
Kevin was born into a military family, with both of his parents being shipboard marines and spent most his childhood living with his grandparents, which his grandfather being a retired marine Gunnery Sergeant. He picked up his liking for cigars and Scotch from the old marine, along with a headstrong temperament, which lead to him clashing with his father, whenever the two of them were together. One such clash, at the tender age of eighteen, lead to Kevin to enlisting, something his father had been pushing for but not the branch his father wanted. Knowing he was going to join the armed forces, feeling that it had been predestined, he chose the navy, just to spite his father and found out later in life, he enjoyed it.

Over the passed forty years, he's served aboard several ships in the fleet, finding his proper place in the universe as part of the deck crews for Carrier based fighter craft. He was commissioned as a Junior Lieutenant once but promptly lost the rank (and was nearly discharged) after getting into a fist fight with a Lieutenant Commander. After that stint as an officer, he swore never to commissioned again, preferring his post as the highest ranking enlisted member of the deck crew. Knowing that his area of the ship is the best place for the enemy to launch boarding craft against and having once helped to repel a boarding attempt while aboard a smaller patrol jump ship, he carries a handgun on his at all times and is known to keep a rifle in one of the equipment lockers in the hanger, although it has never been found during inspections and none are ever reported missing from the armory.

Player Name: IrishWolf

Character name: Tikkar
Character Serial Number: 5jd053ew
Locations of Serial Number Tattoo: Left ear, right calf, left pec
Role: Squadron Second

Height: 4'4"
Weight: 59 LBs

Appearance:
Eye Colour: Yellow
Fur Colour: Tan with darker brown spots
Species and/or breed:Iberian Lynx

Percent human DNA: 60% human, 35% feline, 5% Puff Adder

Likes: Speed, high scores on the simulator, females, meat of all kinds, the rush from live firing his fighter's weapons, the thrill of the chase, gambling, books and strangely enough, chess
Dislikes: Being beaten, the cold, bitchy females, running out of ammunition, vegetables, large groups

Personality:Much like both the feline and the serpent from which his additional DNA is drawn, Tikkar would rather be left alone, either in the simulator or in his rank, reading. However, when he is in social interactions, he's polite . However, get him into a game of chess or if he's interested in some more, physical fun, he's acts boldly. He loves competition, pitting himself against another is his purpose in life.

History: Tikkar was bred by the military for the specific role of piloting a new design of experimental fighter craft. He underwent accellerated growth, to reach physical and mental maturity and was then given extensive training in how to fly the fighter ship. He graduated from the pilot training and was given his present rank, before being sedated and shipped to the Carrier Jump-ship Persius' Revenge. Once there, he was revived and shown into the squadron's ready room where he met the rest of the squadron for the first time.

Chaeronea

Chrystal, I'm working on a male anthro pilot but I'm not having much like finding an appropriate image. I'm thinking of having his feline DNA be from an American Shorthair cat because of their positive characteristics (they're energetic, agile and quite healthy). My question is, would a pic of a cat of the same breed with a similar fur pattern be acceptable, even as an interim measure?

Also I took a look at the size limits for our anthro characters. Four and a half feet tall, and twenty-six kilos at the heaviest???  Jeez, are they gengineered to be anorexic midgets or something? Even the biggest anthro permitted under your guidelines is going to weigh one-third that of the human characters already written up. They're going to have trouble using a lot of the ship's facilities like toilets and showers, and even sitting at the tables in the mess hall. (I'm assuming that their fighters are a new model with their cockpits specifically designed for our characters' smaller physiques.)

Chaeronea

Player Name: Chaeronea

Character name: Aaron
Character Serial Number: TG7139J7
Locations of Serial Number Tattoo: Nape of neck just below the cranial implant jack, sole of the right foot, inside of left ear
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Role: Lead Pilot 1

Height: 137 cm / 4'6"
Weight: 25 kg / 55 lbs

Appearance:
Eye Colour: Golden
Fur Colour: light brown with tabby stripes in dark brown to black, with white fur on his chest and just under his ears.
Species and/or breed: Anthro (animal DNA is from American shorthair housecat breed)

Percent human DNA: 70%

Likes: Pushing his fighter to its limits, the thrill of combat, reading (especially technical manuals), various raw meats, females, music.
Dislikes: Being doused with water, prejudiced humans, being made the centre of attention

Personality: Aaron's personality takes after that of his feline forebears, specifically the American Shorthair breed from whom his nonhuman DNA is drawn. He is energetic, gregarious, easygoing and curious. He possesses a 'can-do' attitude and, upon finding that there's something he cannot do, promptly begins thinking about ways to do it. Aaron is fairly naive in social situations involving humans, not really comprehending why they are so prejudiced against anthros or the depths of their prejudice.

History: Aaron was bred by the military for the specific role of piloting a new design of experimental fighter craft. He underwent accellerated growth to reach physical and mental maturity and was then given extensive training in how to fly the fighter ship. He completed pilot training and was given his present rank before being sedated and shipped to the Carrier Jump-ship Persius' Revenge. Once there, he was revived and shown into the squadron's ready room where he met the rest of the squadron for the first time.

Chrystal

Quote from: Chaeronea on November 09, 2012, 03:59:54 AM
Chrystal, I'm working on a male anthro pilot but I'm not having much like finding an appropriate image. I'm thinking of having his feline DNA be from an American Shorthair cat because of their positive characteristics (they're energetic, agile and quite healthy). My question is, would a pic of a cat of the same breed with a similar fur pattern be acceptable, even as an interim measure?

Also I took a look at the size limits for our anthro characters. Four and a half feet tall, and twenty-six kilos at the heaviest???  Jeez, are they gengineered to be anorexic midgets or something? Even the biggest anthro permitted under your guidelines is going to weigh one-third that of the human characters already written up. They're going to have trouble using a lot of the ship's facilities like toilets and showers, and even sitting at the tables in the mess hall. (I'm assuming that their fighters are a new model with their cockpits specifically designed for our characters' smaller physiques.)

Just a few, on various ginger-tabby themes.

Go to www.deviantart.com and search for "Male Anthro Feline". If you want to see the naked ones you'll need an account.

Yes, the anthros are deliberately tiny. There is a very good reason for this - several in fact. First and most important, there is the practical side. The lighter the pilot of a ship, the less fuel is required to move and accelerate that pilot, and the smaller the pilot the smaller the cockpit of the ship needs to be. Thus there is more space for ordnance in the same sized vessel, less requirement for life-support - smaller people use proportionally less oxygen - and an increased range on the craft.

The second reason is probably the real one(IC)  with the first being the justification. Paranoia. These creatures move faster than humans and think faster than humans. They are at least as smart as humans. They are also more resilient, being able to take higher g-forces than humans without injury. The last thing we need is them being bigger and stronger than humans. We at least need them to feel intimidated, force them to physically look up to us!

helvorn

I'm very interested!

I'd like to play a cat girl who was kidnapped as a teen and thrown into the tank and grafted to be about 70% human.  I'm thinking that since this is an experimental squadron that one approach to making the pilots would be to start with pure human stock and go from there.

My thought is that she still remembers who she was but has serious overlays of skills and mental conditioning to make her a compliant and useful pilot.

Since humans are dominant, how is the submissive nature of the anthros enforced?  Is it conditioned into them, worked into their genes, do they have control collars?  What are your thoughts Chrystal.

I'll get a character sheet to you asap.

Great game idea!

Chrystal

Sounds good. You'll probably need to be at the top-end of the height and weight limit, and do a slight re-work on the history.

The "submissive" nature of Anthros is enforced by law. The vat-bred ones are given a very basic personality which leaves them feeling inferior to start with, and they develop it as they go. A devolved anthro would have their own personality. Please note that I said somewhere that the vat-bred ones are given accelerated growth to bring them quickly to physical and mental maturity. I have not said how long that takes on purpose.

(For the purposes of E's rules ALL anthros are physically, mentally and emotionally as mature as at least a 16 year old human. Their actual age is thus irrelevant! HOWEVER, the devolved anthro MUST be at least 16 years old.)

The way the submission is enforced is the same way as in any slave culture: I don't want to die. If I harm a human, I will be "put down". Therefore I will not harm a human. I do not even have the right to say why I harmed the human, the human has the right to do to me whatever she wants, and I do not have the right to stop her. If I retaliate, I will be killed. Of course, if I'm going to be killed anyway, I might just retaliate anyway...

Does that answer the question?

helvorn

That is a perfect answer Chrystal, thanks.  I will reread the background carefully and put something up.

I would think that she might even have two personalities.  Her original one might have been partially 'overwritten' by the basic anthro personality.  So she'd have glimmers of both personalities lurking in her mind.  Does that seem reasonable?  I'm seeing her as a very, very experimental 'model'.

Chrystal

Um, I'm not sure how two personalities could work, unless she is certifiably schizophrenic? In which case she would certainly have been put down.

Her own personality, overlaid with behavioural conditioning, works best.

helvorn

Yea, I phrased it very poorly.  I will go with your idea; it is best.

vin26m

Player Name: vin26m

Character name: Bumper
Character Serial Number: 0BUMPER0
Locations of Serial Number Tattoo: Left and right upper arms, back of neck
Role: Feline Anthro Pilot

Height: 4'6"
Weight: 60 lbs

Appearance: Bumper has short, mahogany-toned glossy brown hair, large oval expressive green eyes and big pointy ears.  Although he is large, he looks lean and lithe, and is deceptively heavy for his build.
Eye Colour: Green
Fur Colour: Brown
Species and/or breed: Havana Brown

Percent human DNA: 75% human, 25% Havana Brown

Likes: Chocolate, pizza, music, video games, comic books, skateboards, martial arts, females (human and anthro)
Dislikes:

Personality: Bumper is charming, playful, sociable, affectionate and intelligent.  He uses his paws as a means of contact or attempt to gain the attention of passersby, as well to investigate curiosities by touching and feeling.   He is a prankster goofball who likes to have fun.  Although he seems absent-minded, it hides an intellect and curiousity, especially when it comes to devices.  He loves being a fighter pilot, which seems like a big video game to him.  Although he's not competitive, he does like to talk smack.  He got his name because of his tendency to bump into things, mostly because he's not paying attention.  Despite being absent-minded, he is very alert when he puts his mind to it.

History: Bumper was bred by the military for the specific role of piloting a new design of experimental fighter craft. He underwent accelerated growth, to reach physical and mental maturity and was then given extensive training in how to fly the fighter ship. He graduated from the pilot training and was given his present rank, before being sedated and shipped to the Carrier Jump-ship Persius' Revenge. Once there, he was revived and shown into the squadron's ready room where he met the rest of the squadron for the first time.

Player Name: vin26m

Character name: Midnight
Character Serial Number: M1DN1GHT
Locations of Serial Number Tattoo: Left pectoral, right shoulderblade, upper right arm
Sexuality: Straight if male, bisexual if female
Role: Feline Anthro Pilot

Height: 4'6"
Weight: 60 lbs

Appearance: Midnight has a shiny black coat and orange-hued eyes.  He/she
Eye Colour: Orange
Fur Colour: Black
Species and/or breed: American Bombay

Percent human DNA: 75% human, 25% American Bombay

Likes: Attention, being held, being pet, playing dog-like games such as fetch, sunlight, warmth, fighting, taunting
Dislikes: Criticism

Personality: Midnight is aggressive and sarcastic.  He/she responds very well to praise and very poorly to being reprimanded.  He/she tends to get himself/herself into trouble by talking too much and saying the wrong thing.  He/she often gets into fights, regardless of whether he/she will win or lose.

History: Midnight was bred by the military for the specific role of piloting a new design of experimental fighter craft. He/she underwent accelerated growth, to reach physical and mental maturity and was then given extensive training in how to fly the fighter ship. He/she graduated from the pilot training and was given his/her present rank, before being sedated and shipped to the Carrier Jump-ship Persius' Revenge. Once there, he/she was revived and shown into the squadron's ready room where he/she met the rest of the squadron for the first time.

FallenFeather

So I totally spent the time to write out an actual history before you put up a character sheet. Then I'm gone and come back and find out all the same history :<

vin26m

Quote from: FallenFeather on November 12, 2012, 12:44:45 AM
So I totally spent the time to write out an actual history before you put up a character sheet. Then I'm gone and come back and find out all the same history :<

You mind posting it anyway?  Even if it doesn't get used, I'd be interested in reading what you came up with.

FallenFeather

Sure no problem.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Player Name: FallenFeather

Character name: Chris Evans
Character Serial Number: 93901990
Locations of Serial Number Tattoo: Back of left ear, lower back on the right side, inner left thigh
Sexuality: Bi-curious
Role: Lead Pilot

Height: 4’4”
Weight: 52 lbs

Appearance:
Eye Colour: Green
Fur Colour: Gold with black stripes
Species and/or breed: Toyger

Percent human DNA: 60%

Dislikes: (Things your character does not enjoy)

Personality: Chris obeys without any questions asked, especially from a superior officer. While on duty, Chris is all military: yes ma’am, no sir, saluting, the whole deal. There was no playing around. No fun and games. It was serious like life and death because, well, it usually was. While not on duty, Chris relaxes completely. Though still yes sir, no ma’am to officers, she does so in a far more relaxed tone. She likes to relax and just laze around when she can. Her favorite activity is taking naps in the sun. Chris prefers to sleep in the rare occasions that she can, though still has no problem getting herself up with a few extra yawns.
She is somewhat mischievous, and though she won’t go out of her way to trick someone, if the opportunity arises, she’ll happily pull a fast one on you. Regardless, Chris is completely loyal, almost to a fault, especially when it comes to military matters. She completely believes that everything is for the greater good. She is totally willing to sacrifice herself for the military if asked. She’s the kind to not leave her comrades behind, even if the situation seems hopeless. The military is her life and her unit is her family.

History: Chris was bred by the military for the specific role of piloting a new design of experimental fighter craft. She underwent accelerated growth, to reach physical and mental maturity and was then given extensive training in how to fly the fighter ship. She graduated from the pilot training and was given her present rank, before being sedated and shipped to the Carrier Jump-ship Persius' Revenge. Once there, she was revived and shown into the squadron's ready room where he/she met the rest of the squadron for the first time.

Alternate history:
Chris Evans was born into the military. All she’s ever known were training regiments and drills. As such, she is perfectly content with her life and has no desire for a different and possibly better life. Of course, being 40% feline, she’s been curious about the civilian life. However, he trained and conditioned mind has kept her from exploring that option. That and the fact that she was less than human made her unfit to do anything but be a military dog… cat. At least, that’s what she had been told all her life, so why should she believe any different?

Chris was an experimental science experiment by the military.  They wanted to know if they could breed high animal percentages and properly condition them. Chris was a perfect success, letting them control what kind of traits she would have. Growing up, Chris was always around humans and mostly humans. She had very interaction with “her kind,” meaning mostly anthros, or less than humans. She was trained almost right out of the test tube to be a pilot, from an actual education to physical training, Chris was meant to be perfect. She was taught multiple forms of hand-to-hand combat, piloting numerous aircraft, navigation, ship maintenance, math, science, and obedience. Chris never questioned an order. She might hesitate, but she will always do what is asked, whether she agrees or not.

Also, if this would be the history, she’d be 5’1” and 92 lbs.

Also, after looking at size. These anthros are at max size, the same size as my 9 year old sister...

Chrystal

If someone else wants to take this on, please feel free. I don't want to run it.

helvorn

Great new characters, working on mine.

I'm not prepared to run the game :(