Earth's Final Fourteen (Interest Check)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, August 08, 2016, 01:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

When President Trump took over and built a Wall around America he started putting into motion WWIII without even knowing it. By the year 2020 the entire World, even Switzerland, was at war with each other. In 2021 after Trump won the re-election and resumed office, it took only a matter of months for the bombs to fall. Nuclear War. It had finally happened. NASA had prepared for that moment. Though technology hadn’t advanced that far, NASA found a small planet outside of the Milky Way that orbited around a star that provided warmth. A plant that could hold water. Now, with the Earth dying from the Nuclear Fallout, NASA has taken the few civilians that they could find, that they found physically and mentally capable, and has launched them into space with the intention of following in two years.

Two ships have been launched, each holding fourteen people. Twelve of them being civilians, two of them being actual astronauts. The ships have two different courses, to land on either side of the planet. With limited resources, limited technology, each group is expected to begin building a civilization. To continue the human race.

You are a part of the fourteen sent into space. In a rudimentary way they have chosen as collectively different people as they could, though it was done quickly because the Fallout covered the atmosphere completely. You will be expected to help build shelters, to hunt for food, to cook, to even reproduce eventually. To help create a Government of sorts. A true democracy where everyone has a voice. NASA is supposed to send another ship in two years, when everything is less radioactive, but your goal is to act as if that’s not going to happen. Seven men and seven women have been chosen to continue the human race. To start over without prejudice or racial awareness. Good luck.

Jasoom, as NASA had deemed the smaller planet is dense. A lot of it jungle area with extreme climates. While hot during the day, the temperatures drop down into the forties at night. While unique animal life has been observed, no intelligent life has been seen. Rich with vegetation NASA had relatively no information on whether or not the plant life was edible. Instead they sent animals, dogs, cats, mice, to be used as testers for edibility. Equipped with thermal suit to keep them cool during the day, and warm at night, the Fourteen, have clothes. While the ship they are on is meant to break apart and have usable metal for shelter they have limited weapons. With no electricity to speak of, they will not be able to communicate with Earth. They are on their own.

[float=left]Face claim[/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Skills and Profession:[/b] (Why you were chosen)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Animal:[/b] (Dog or cat, did you all one your own during the travel to Jasoom)
[b]Other:[/b]
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

MissFire

It's this, sort of. It's a game where you're orbiting an unknown planet and your ship goes down, so you take your little crash survivors and try to start up a colony, beginning with nothing but the supplies in and parts of your smashed ship. You hunt or tame alien life, build shelters, and fend off raids from hostiles. So, I'm pretty interested!
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

AmbrosiaPudding

Awesome! I'm glad you're interested. We don't necessarily need fourteen different people or character but I wanted to leave it open in case a lot of people were interested.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

My character sheet for others to look at and see what I'm kind of looking for.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:Chloe Sullivan

Orientation: Bisexual

Skills and Profession: Chloe was beginning her first year of residency after graduating from her final year of medical school. Legally, she is a Doctor specializing in Diagnostics. On top of her medical skills Chloe is also an adept archer, having grown up on a Texas ranch. She knows how skin and clean an animal. Chloe knows how to build a fire, and can identify plants that are edible on Earth, though has no idea of plants on Jasoom. Chloe is also a runner with a high level of endurance and stamina. As a Doctor she also has a good set of people skills, she’s able to read people, and calm them down when necessary.

Personality: Calm by nature, Chloe doesn’t make rash decisions. Instead she’s methodical, thinking over all of her options. She’s stubborn, intelligent, and knows when to pick her fights. She will stand up for what’s right and won’t let someone run all over her. An independent woman she doesn’t rely on others. She widely considers herself to be a leader and not a follower.

Background: Raised on a Texas ranch by a survivalist Father and a Nurse Mother, Chloe was immersed in a southern background. She spent her summers camping out in the wilderness with her Father and her school year studying hard to become a Doctor, like her Mother always wanted but couldn’t afford. By the time that she was ten Chloe had shot and killed her first large game animal. Which her Father made her clean, and butcher herself. The job was horrible, but it put food on the table.

Getting into high school Chloe excelled, she skipped grade ten and graduated at the age of 17. College went smoothly for her, though she focused on her studies it didn’t stop her from having a modest social life. Having one serious boyfriend, and two series girlfriends, she took psychology classes learning how to better talk to people. Picking up Residency at a hospital in Houston, that’s where NASA found her. Taking care of people who had been exposed to radiation with no care if it got to her. Her relentless spirit and background is what made them choose her.

Animal: On the ship Chloe found and made friends with an American Pit Bull Terrier only about eight months old, on the fifteen day trip she worked with the dog she Jax, teaching him basic commands with every intention of turning him into a protection and awareness dog. Not one meant to hunt, but to alert.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

MissFire

Name: Tracy Ford
Orientation: Bisexual

Skills and Profession: A geologist by trade, with focuses in geophysics, geochemistry, and a little volcanology (though that was mostly for fun and not gainful employment). She's worked both for private firms and academic institutions. Between contracts she loves exploring the outdoors and is an avid camper, hiker, and backpacker. She knows how to survive in a wide variety of environments and even knows basic first aid.

Personality: Bold and adventurous, with endless optimism. She can be prone to making rash decisions and just running on instinct when she's out exploring the wild; when she gets caught up in the excitement of being out in nature she's hard to stop. She has a bit of an 'everything will work out' attitude. When she relaxes, however, she can be quite logical and analytical. Tracy always has a remark or a joke on hand for just about every occasion and her sunny demeanor can be infectious. She is a bit pickier with men, but has been known to flirt with most of the attractive women that cross her path.

Background: Raised in Missoula, Montana, Tracy grew up surrounded by nature and she loved it from a young age. Father, a geologist. Mother, a teacher. A rather standard upbringing with all the trappings afforded to the middle class; vacations, camping trips, etc. Tracy's family was always fond of the outdoors (as were most people where they lived) and so spent a lot of time engaging in healthy outdoor activity. Tracy was brought up a healthy and active girl and has maintained that attitude through her entire life. She was on numerous sports teams in high school, but once college hit she shifted gears to focus more on science so she could become a geologist like her father. Thankfully, Tracy proved to be more than just a mere jock and really buckled down with her studies. After graduating with honors she found herself with no shortage of work thanks in part due to a combination of her father's connections, her stellar grades, and her positive and friendly attitude. She made (relative) fame after publishing a paper on The Missoula Floods, which she discovered after studying the unusual erosion features at the Columbia River Plateau. This got the attention of NASA, who scouted her for the mission.

Animal: Rasputin, Black Cat
Other: Addt'l Image #1, Addt'l Image #2, Tracy's Theme
    - Sima Yi

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

MissFire

Spoiler alert: She's going to flirt mercilessly with Chloe
    - Sima Yi

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: MissFire on August 08, 2016, 05:23:36 PM
Spoiler alert: She's going to flirt mercilessly with Chloe

Haha that's quite alright.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

LordRod

Can you tell me a bit more about the size of the ship and how much gear they can bring with them?
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

AmbrosiaPudding

Sure. The ship is not meant to be huge, only big enough to house them and the animals. Also this was done very quickly, within 18 hours so the gear they bring will be limited by that.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

eiselmann

Sounds interesting

I'll have a wee think about a male character and get a bio to you for your approval

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: eiselmann on August 09, 2016, 08:05:44 PM
Sounds interesting

I'll have a wee think about a male character and get a bio to you for your approval

Great, I look forward to it.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

eiselmann

Name: Simon Newhouse
Orientation: Straight
Skills and Profession: Simon has a degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Canterbury and while he only graduated less than a year ago he has packed a lot in. Working on the last of the Christchurch Rebuild after the major earthquakes of 2010 and 2011. This got him involved with the USAP(United States Antarctic Programme )running out of Christchurch New Zealand. His name was forwarded to NASA.

In addition Simon grew up on a farm just outside Taumarunui New Zealand it was a mixed sheep and horticultural farm. From a young age Simon started working on the farm , so has years of on hand experience growing crops. He also has the 'kiwi number 8 fencing wire attitude' when it comes to problem solving which effectively is about making things work with limited materials. Simon grew up hunting and fishing and was taught Krav Maga for 14 years   

Personality:It takes a lot to annoy him and you have to really try hard over a long period to get him angered.
He's a perfectionist when it comes to his own actions and can beat himself up if he messes up. He's a lot more forgiving of others mistakes.
  He hates bullies, whiners and lairs and while he will forgive easily , he's not going to allow himself to be walked over , if you continually  let him or others down eventually he will turn against you and once that happens you'll have a mighty job to change his attitude.
For the most part he's easy going , loves irony and is pretty laid back . In the face of crisis he tends to remain calm thou his 'she'll be right' attitude can appear to others that he's not taking things seriously.

Background: Simon was born in rural New Zealand. On his fathers side he is a fifth generation New Zealander with distant family in England  On his mothers side he is a first generation kiwi , his mother having met his father when she was a tourist from Germany. When he was nine his maternal Grandfather immigrated from Germany. The old man had previously been in the IDF and started to teach Simon, Krav Maga.  Simon's early life revolved around the farm and various outdoor pursuits. At school he excelled at Math's Physics and History. During High school he was too busy for any serious relationship , however moving south to study at University opened up a lot of opportunity. Simon found it easy to meet girls and some of them had very interesting tastes.
Animal: Luca a 3 year old Huntaway Dog( A New Zealand bred sheep dog)
Other: Simon has a broad Kiwi accent, when he speaks normally, it will sound like the words are merging, so he has to purposely slow his speech down to be understood by American's (In Particular) saying that the accent, because its so rarely heard, attracts attention, particularly from females
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0