Help in hiding email!

Started by Torch, January 14, 2009, 01:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

I'm a new member awaiting approval and for some reason I'm unable to turn off my email in my profile.  I had to change it to an email address I hardly ever use. I went into the screen where I can make changes to my profile, and checked the box that says "Hide email", but it doesn't seem to work, the little envelope is still there on my posts.

Is there any reason for this?  ???

For my own comfort, I would prefer not to have my primary email listed on my posts.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Vekseid

You can always see your own e-mail. Though it is currently hidden for (almost) everyone else.

Dawg

Don't worry, you are the only one that can see it, it is hidden from view to everyone else.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Torch

OOPS!   :-[ :-[ :-[

*slinks away in embarassment*

Thanks for clearing that up.  Now I can stop wrinkling my nose at the screen.   ;)
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Maeven

I asked the very same thing when I started... don't worry! :)
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Dawg

Quote from: Maeven on January 14, 2009, 01:42:53 PM
I asked the very same thing when I started... don't worry! :)

I had to ask too ...... Don't worry about it Torch
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Haibane

Perhaps that screen in the profile needs a note on it advising users of this? It seems to catch a fair few out...