Interest Check: High School of the Dead

Started by KunoichiRogue5, April 28, 2010, 11:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KunoichiRogue5

As stated. I would PREFER one person per player for now. However I will not force someone to not play if they can't do multiple characters. But yes, if the group gets huge enough they may split up and head in another direction.

But to warn you all before we begin, this is what my friends call a "nuke 'em 'til they glow" game. I will be actively trying to get you killed in different ways. What seems like a perfectly safe gated community may be infested with zombies. >.> Or a seemingly dangerous haunted house could be just a spooky place. I wont just say, "you're grabbed and killed" You'll always have the chance to fight or flee. But there may be a scenario that you walk into that will get you killed if you aren't careful. So anyone that wants out, say so.

*has been reading the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks*
"You will obey the darkness, and aid your new master."
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Latooni Subota

Note, if Tamara dies, i'm SO insisting on playing someone Genre Savvy next time :)
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

pendarious

*barks with laughter* i havent played a "nuke em till they glow" game since i think it was december when i last got to sit down and play D&D with my friends back home.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Bloody Rose

Image:
Name: Jacob Lonestar
Sex: Male
Weapon: N/A
Personality: He is a very kind teacher, the students identify with him a lot and care about him and he about them. He is the type of teacher that is everybody friend. He is very strict about classes. He has a dark past that he tries hi best to hide.
Add'l info:
1- He loves kids, he do whatever possible to protect them and is a father figure to most of them, he is often with students during break playing basketball or doing some other activity.
2- He loves pets he even  has one on his class.

Tad

Do you have room for one more girl?  I have an idea that you might find interesting...
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

As far as I can tell, this game is open to anyone!   And having lots of women about just makes this game closer to the source material.   ;D

pendarious

i havent had an opportunity to read the source material yet.......ive been trying but school just keeps getting in the way.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

KunoichiRogue5

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/

And this is open to any and everyone! Please feel free to post up characters at any time! And you don't HAVE to be a student, you all know that right? I'm sorry, I should have specified. I would prefer there be a reason for you being at the school since I'd like everyone to start there.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Bloody Rose

KunoichiRogue5

GAH! How the hell did I miss that!? Sorry! Yeah! Looks great!*drools slightly* He looks delicious.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Bloody Rose

Bloody Rose

That link is for Manga fox... when you have the rp going let me know :)

KunoichiRogue5

Well.. Yeah. For people who want to read the manga that helped inspire this.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

KunoichiRogue5

For those that haven't noticed I put the character section up. You'll find the link in my first post.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

KunoichiRogue5

We are looking for more people that may or may not want to join this game. If you're interested pm me or post here, and then put a character sheet up for approval. The game is on hold, for now, at least until we can get more players. And I promise, we're not going to close the game to newcomers. We will be coming across survivors as we go, and such so you never know what you'll encounter.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Haibane

Quote from: KunoichiRogue5 on April 29, 2010, 01:27:55 PM
Oh I HAVE read High School of the Dead. Up through chapter 24 on Onemanga. But when I went last night to see if the new chapter was up it was suspended because they had a request to take it down. Which can only mean that someone is actually translating it!!! Woot!
It's gone from MangaFox.

http://manga.animea.net/high-school-of-the-dead.html?skip=1

KunoichiRogue5

Yes, sadly it is. But thank you for the link. If you're interested you're free to join us. This is an 'open casting call'
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Haibane

Reading the manga now. It's excellent, bloody brilliant artwork. Not sure if I'll play, zombies are not usually my thing but the manga treats it all in a fairly comedic way and if the RP does the same I may be interested. Dark, serious, scary zombie nastiness isn't my thing at all though, so how to you plan to pitch it?

EDIT: Read through much of the manga last night and I love it to bits. Unfortunately right now I just can't take on any more games :( That being said this is the kind of setting where a new char can pop up at any time and in fact the part of the story that interests me most is when the characters leave the school and go outside, arming themselves with guns and getting dragged into all the politics and infighting of the survivors. If you get to that stage where the character interactions really become relevant I'd be interested.

schnookums

Am I terrible person for wanting to join the game just to be caught? Especially if the zombies were in a mood for more then eating...

KunoichiRogue5

We all have our dark sides, but no that doesn't make you a bad person. But I cannot promise you'll survive being caught. Because once those needs are satisfied, then another one emerges...
-Daigotsu

O/Os

schnookums

Nothing wrong with that per se...maybe a temporary character that serves as the impetus to bring in another character...