What is your favorite memory?

Started by Serenity Vixen, December 10, 2007, 01:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity Vixen

Mine is the first Christmas my GF and I spent together in our own house, our relationship finally in the open :)
That was about 5 or 6 years ago
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

TonyWoods

Hmm its a tough call, by probably of my grandmother teaching me how to cheat at cards whilst introducing me to the wonderful world of wine tasting, back when I was a young 'un. Most of me favourite childhood memories feature her in one way or another - she was a wonderful woman :)
Tony's Turn Ons - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7198.0

We are such stuff
As dreams are made of, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep

Sabby

Mine is definitely from a few months ago, back in March.

Me and my gf had broken up, and I was taking it very hard because March is the anniversary that we both confessed our love on. 2 weeks after it ended, during our anniversary, she came back and said some wonderful things and wouldn't stop apologizing for all these things she thinks she did wrong.

Yep... best memory ever ^_^

Cherri Tart

that's a beautiful memory, SV... oh, i have a few... some don't even seem like they should be favorites, cause they were at very difficult times of my life, but they are nevertheless cause they remind me of how wonderful people can be at times...

i'm in a sharing mode right now, so i think i'll list a couple...  i know this is asking for best memories period, but my head went right away to xmas memories and well...

->as some of you know, i'm height challenged and i have 2 older brothers, one 6 and one 10 years my senior, both very tall - one year we were putting up our xmas tree and they decided it would be funny to put up all my favorite ornaments WAY high up where i couldn't see them or anything - and when my dad say what they had done, he picked my up and let me take down the ones that i really loved and put them on the lower branches, holding me in his arms the whole time and i never felt more loved - it's one of my favorite dad memories as well - that's the kind of guy he was - he just saw someone struggling with something and stepped in and helped them out - no matter what time of year, or if he knew them or not. 

->my g/f and i have known each other for quite a few years now, first as friends, only recently as a serious "i want to spend the rest of my life with you couple"  our first ever kiss was on xmas eve, shortly after we'd met.  It was one of those 'even though we've just met it seems like you're the best friend i've had all my life' things - we just really hit it off from day one... anyways, we were both working in a restaurant at the time and had to work xmas eve.   her family was up in seatlle at the time and i didn't have anyone at home to go home too, so she asked if i wanted to come over and have a drink, a snack, watch some xmas movies, etc and there was mistletoe hanging in the hall and at one point she looked so beautiful so i just kissed her - it wasn't an earth shattering kiss or anything - just a nice kiss, but after that night we found more and more reasons to repeat it - and eventually, well, we fell in love -  and then we watched charlie brown and the grinch on tv and talked all night and eventually just fell asleep snuggling in a warm bed. 

->i'm feeling very meloncholy as of late... it's been a rough year and i just want to get thru the holidays right now, i try to remind myself that others have it harder, that i have a some i love, family, food on the table, a roof over my head... and i am grateful, truly i am and i've gotten thru worse, so i know i'll get thru this as well...  this one's scary, cause it was one i wasn't sure i was going to get thru, and i keep it close to my heart because it reminds me that love can make you strong enough to survive anything.   my dad, my wonderful girlfriend, and my best friend from HS spent one christmas with me, the 4of us in the same house.  My then-finance has just broken up with me and i was very ill at the time and the house was bare and cold and lonley, and my dad just sort of showed up at my door with a tree and put it up in my room and made me call Kate and JC and the three of them decorated the tree - oh, they did a terrible job at it too, but it was the best tree ever and then they spend the evening and the night and the next morning - dad always thought of everything and had brought a couple of extra sleeping bags along as well as some blankets...  it was the worst christmas i had ever had, and the best and i will treasure it as long as i live :) 

*blushes* ok... prolly more then you needed to know, but i really needed to share *hugs*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Serenity Vixen

Those are wonderful memories Cherri. you and I seem to have allot in common :)

It is really good that your love is also your best friend. It is really great when it works out that way :)
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Cherri Tart

yeah, funny about that, but it just sort of happened that we fell in love - although, i think i'd been in love with her for a long time and was just waiting for the right time to come along :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Swedish Steel

Easy. Cold and star lit winter night, two people climbing over the wall to the (closed for the night) botanical garden. Lying on the back in a frozen fountain, watching the stars. First kiss, leading to a snogg that more or less lasted all the way home to her room.
Yeah, good times.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Mr Agreyu

When i had to leave My grandparents house back to my parents last year due to an argument with my grandad and my nan sayiing i could stay no matter what ever happened at any time just call her :D means alot when youve lost ur mum to drink.
Everything you says means nothing,
Unless you say what you mean,
and you mean what you say.