What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoarster

Anybody playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood? I want to play multiplayer so badly but it's hard to fill up a game...

Wyrd

Quote from: zoarster on November 25, 2010, 09:39:57 PM
Anybody playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood? I want to play multilayer so badly but it's hard to fill up a game...

It's so sad. This game's online is so amazing ans fun, but because it came out what crappy Black ops did, it is being so unrecognized and overshadowed  :-(
Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

No, what's sad is that the Fun Multiplayer is hampered to hell by the awful matchmaking system. >_>

Sabby

I just saw The Walking Dead... and I just realized something. There are no zombie survival games anywhere. There's zombie 'action', but no survival :/

Find me a game anything like Dawn of the Dead. Seriously, I wanna know if such a thing even exists.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on November 26, 2010, 11:25:56 AM
I just saw The Walking Dead... and I just realized something. There are no zombie survival games anywhere. There's zombie 'action', but no survival :/

Find me a game anything like Dawn of the Dead. Seriously, I wanna know if such a thing even exists.
No one wants to play a game where you get bit once and die, Sabby. No one.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Maybe not a game where you're bit once and die, but what about one where a bite initiates a sidequest for finding a vaccine?  Maybe you have extra abilities while infected, but if you let it go too far, then your mind starts to go or something?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on November 26, 2010, 03:27:37 PM
Maybe not a game where you're bit once and die, but what about one where a bite initiates a sidequest for finding a vaccine?  Maybe you have extra abilities while infected, but if you let it go too far, then your mind starts to go or something?
The truth of it is that a game like the one I'm thinking that Sabby wants is a game about zombie survival. Finding food, shelter, ammo, guns, survivors that kind of thing. However, he doesn't want it as action-oriented as say Dead Rising 2. The problems come from the fact that if you depend on drinking and eating and not getting bit it's going to become a bit like Fallout 3's hardcore mode: tedious.

I foresee a lot of cheap hits by zombies resulting in that vaccine side quest you were working so hard to avoid because you wanted to not get bit at all. That kind of thing. Hey Sabby if you want to detail what you want go over to that dead "Create your own game" thread I tried.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Brandon

Back in the day games like Resident evil were considered survival horror but in truth Sabby is right, theyre more action survival games. However while it doesnt involve zombies I would recomend the earlier Silent hills. The mechanics of those games help reinforce the vulnerability of the character.

ZK once recommended a game for me from the RE series called outbreak (I did buy the first one) where you were normal people trying to survive. IMO it has mixed results but it might be worth a look
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

The only thing that made the first 3 Resident Evil games "Survival horror" were the horrorific controls. >_> The fact that the reason why you couldn't defend yourself was because of bad controls, not actual in-game reasons, does not a scary game make.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on November 26, 2010, 04:27:42 PM
The only thing that made the first 3 Resident Evil games "Survival horror" were the horrorific controls. >_> The fact that the reason why you couldn't defend yourself was because of bad controls, not actual in-game reasons, does not a scary game make.
Tell me about it. I started playing RE4. I said, "Wow, this game is epic. Not as scary as I thought it should be but pretty damn scary at times. The controls are awesome. It's really fun. I have to play this series."

So I order REmake (RE 1 for the Gamecube). Sure I knew it had worse controls and was generally hard on inventory but I said I'll do it! No I wont! The game's controls make it literally unplayable. I'm still amazed to this day that RE got past its first game.

Wolfy

Yes...apparently people confuse "Bad Controls" for "OMG SCARY!" quite often. * looks at Sabby* o-o

Sabby

Well, I posted my idea in your thread. That's how a zombie game should be done.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on November 26, 2010, 04:40:58 PM
Well, I posted my idea in your thread. That's how a zombie game should be done.
*pokes sabby*

I'm sure your idea for a game already exists as a mod for some other game. :P

Mr Carter

Isn't there a FPS for the XBox 360 that has a Zombie Mode to it?  I 'unno.

Wolfy

That's like saying "Isn't there an FPS on the 360 that has Guns in it?" at this point. lol

Wolfy

:D I managed to get Dawn of War 2: Gold Edition by winning a contest run by a steam user..^-^

Mr Carter

Hahahaha, point proven.

And congrats!

Hemingway

I want Steam to give me games on my wishlist.

I actually won, in my dream. But for some reason, they gave me Red Alert 3, which I already have, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Anyway. Been playing WoW. I ... this is such a mixed bag.

Wolfy

A mixed bag? :P Come join me on Proudmoore. lol

Hunter

I'm taking another crack at FF8.  I might actually finish it this time.

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on November 26, 2010, 07:09:49 PM
A mixed bag? :P Come join me on Proudmoore. lol

European realms, baby.

Also, yeah. They've made a lot of changes for the better ... but also fucked up a whole ton of things in the process.

Mr Carter

D2, tho on a bit of vacation at the moment (East Ladder, for anyone interested).

Also been giving the Silent Hill series a go.  Need to get started on the fourth one.

Brandon

I started my hardcore run of new vegas tonight. I decided that my courier is an ex-enclave scout so ended up taking Unarmed, sneak, and survival as her main skills and thanks to a lucky break at the Mojave outpost vendors shes already rocking a power fist! Right now Im keeping a look out for some recon armor to complete her ensemble but for now Ive gotta settle for reinforced leather and a baseball cap, courtesy of some raiders who just gave it to her after loosing a punching match  ;D

Im a little disappointed in the difficulty though, from what people said I expected this would be a lot harder but Ive already gotten all the way to Novac and the difficulty has seemed pretty average so far
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Just watched the portal 2 video showing Wheatley...I dunno how I feel about having someone tagging along during the whole game..but then again, he seemed to add more life to it. :D