Previous topic - Next topic

ShamshielDF

Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

DarkDaemon

MUAHAHAH. HA.  >:)
I love playing villains.

Oddly enough, I also play good righteous paladin-y types.  O:) Not lawful-stupid, but truly lawful-good.

My character, so far: Nathaniel DeLamar.
Precision.
He's not a big guy, kinda lanky- but he's precise. He can hold his own in a bar fight against bigger, tougher, stronger guys by aiming punches and fingers into the places that really hurt. And gods help you if he gets his hand on a pool cue.
His piloting is similar. Not too flashy, can't pull of shit like a Crazy Ivan- but he's precise. He can thread a freighter through a needle's eye. He's the only person who always docks manually- and has never scratched the paint. In space combat, he's amazing at dodging enemy fire- finding the safest position and getting his ship in it.
While he is an excellent shot on the firing range, he has difficulty in a firefight, since that incorporates a lot more than precision. He like to make the first shot and take down his enemy before they even know he's there. His favorite weapons are a revolver pistol and a hunting rifle- simple weapons that are easy to maintain, and ones that let him take advantage of his accuracy.

His personality is very straightforward. He cuts right to the chase and prefers to set the bush on fire, if possible.
I will have limited access 12/22 through 1/1.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Jazzturbation

I'd like to throw in my hat hoping for the fighter slot.

I'm thinking a dual-wielding pistolman (a la the Sundance Kid) whose motto is "Guns are a close combat weapon." Essentially he'd be large and a good shot, and most likely one the dark side of the morality scale. Not very technically minded, he would probably also start sort of afraid of the gates (but attempting to hide that fear behind no small amount of bravado).

Let me know if it sounds good.

Cyclops

Quote from: Jazzturbation on December 04, 2009, 09:22:21 AM
I'd like to throw in my hat hoping for the fighter slot.

I'm thinking a dual-wielding pistolman (a la the Sundance Kid) whose motto is "Guns are a close combat weapon." Essentially he'd be large and a good shot, and most likely one the dark side of the morality scale. Not very technically minded, he would probably also start sort of afraid of the gates (but attempting to hide that fear behind no small amount of bravado).

Let me know if it sounds good.

I like it as a preliminary, your average "Ug me fight you die" sort of guy right?

Captain - TitanShadow
Pilot - DarkDemon
Fighter - Jazzturbation
Engineer - ShamishielDF
Hustler - ??
Doctor - Kitrazzle
---
Erickson - DarkDemon
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

Jazzturbation

ShamshielDF

If we really need to have a face/hustler type character, I can cover that and engineering.
Ons and offs!
A&A

DarkDaemon

I don't think we really need a face/hustler. Also- what was Erickson's job? Could he have been the hustler, so now the crew is missing one? Or something?
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Kitrazzle

Y'know, I'm really liking the idea of Erickson being our old face. That means that we have to all fill in when we can until we get a new one.

Cyclops

Yeah I do too...

Alright, so we have a few bios, if everyone (including me) could come up with and post a basic character bio, like age, brief background, general skills, name, etc...

We'll get started on the process for pulling together a real cast of characters and then we'll open up for game to begin.

Sound good?
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

DarkDaemon

Hmm... is it ok if most of my bio is copied from my earlier post? It really seems to be most of it. Obviously, I'll edit it a bit, include the data you mentioned?
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Cyclops

No need to copy, just post an addendum, when I have everyone's we'll do a 'cast bio' posting with everyones in it, that will serve so we can link to it for character information.

Ryhana

Gah! This sounds soooo interesting (Especially considering I love both shows >.<) Its not too late for me get in on this is it? please please please say it isn't....All be willing to play any crew slot left...

Cyclops

Not at all, please read through the roster and, we've kind of plugged the villainous Erickson into the slot of 'face' or scoundrel but that doesn't preclude having another player as that soon into the game.

Also, they will be going through a Stargate, thus you are welcome to come up with an idea from the 'other side' of the gate.  After all, there is so much possibility from the 'other side of the gate' to explore.

Also, we could have a villain other than Erickson, if that sounds like a good idea.  Since we have pinned down most of what people want to play, I am very open to suggestion.

Captain - TitanShadow
Pilot - DarkDemon
Fighter - Jazzturbation
Engineer - ShamishielDF
Hustler - ?? (was Erickson)
Doctor - Kitrazzle
---
Erickson - DarkDemon

Players without characters...

Ryhana ??

Other character ideas?

Player cap?

Also, I'd like to bring up the ideas of how time shall move...  I'm in a Star Trek game right now (Starbase Tesla) here and they do time kind of loosely it seems, the mod posts the date change.

What do we think of that?  How should time move?

I'd like comments on these questions.

OH, one more thing, someone contacted me privately about being a stowaway in the game, I instructed her that she should post such an idea here so we could gather it all up together before we start the game.  I'd like to start around the 22nd or so, right before Christmas.

ChaNeko

Thank you, TitanShadow for encouraging me to include my character proposal here.  I sought him out privately at first simply to give him a veto option in case he didn't want a stowaway on board any time soon.  My original note is as follows:

Might you be interested in a stowaway?  She would be 'escaping' her brutal life among indulgent parents who love her in order to avoid an arranged marriage with a decent man that she does not find attractive.  Young, petulant and naive, she would be rather trapped and at the mercy of her discoverer's whims.  Whether or not that discovery is in front of the whole crew or just one crew member is totally up to you and the direction of your plot.  I am not adverse to non-con and can play either a willing victim or a bluffing terrier, ready to bite at anybody big enough to challenge her (though she stands all of 5' 3").  Her skills will encompass languages and communications, especially through computer systems... becoming something of a hacker eventually.  Could be useful or she might have to pick up other suitable skills like assisting the doc or cooking... what do you think?

I would love to have my character idea considered for this game idea, no matter how short her life might be after her introduction.  She is not meant to be a particularly subversive element but might be manipulated by the crew into becoming something she'd never imagined.  Thank you again for your kindness and time.

ChaNeko

Cyclops

I forgot to ask, are you familiar with the Stargate franchise or the Firefly series/movie?

DarkDaemon

I'd be glad to have you onboard, ChaNeko- though my character probably wouldn't.

As for the questions posted by titanshadow, I think 10 people should be the cap. As for time, yeah, playing it loose should be ok. After all, some days tons of stuff happens, some days you just play cards and drink for twenty hours.

I believe it would be cool to meet up with a native human/Tokra/Gouald/Jaffa/whatever that was left behind (this would be one of the people who wants to play but doesn't have crew membership). It would be sorta like Teal'c, and provide us with a working knowledge of the rings and situation. A tour-guide, sorta.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Ryhana

I was thinking of having my character be like someone whom was possibly Marooned by her previous crew on the planet already, and while not lucky enough to have found the Stargate 'verse ship or thing, was lucky enough to spot the crew being marooned by Erickson.

And if that won't fly...well then yeah I'll probably go with a Native on the otherside of the gate or something ^_^

Jazzturbation

22 as a start date sounds awesome...

I'll get a bio up tomorrow morning.

Cyclops

What about she does not have te Ancient gene and is using the ship as shelter after being marooned?

Ryhana

DarkDaemon

Oh, thats great, I love it!

"hey guys, i found this hunk of junk, no power no nothing, we can hide in here from rain and stuff thou-"
*ship powers up cuz someone has the ancient gene*
"The eff?"
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Ryhana

lol I could see this surprising the heck outta my girl ^_^ And probably putting her in awe of the crew as well >.> I mean one or all of them would have just powered up the hunk of metal she'd been using as a home lol

Oh oh oh!!! Question! And I ask this cause....well....I don't know...just cause I'm curious and I don't know how things are normally done 'round these parts...but posting order? Will there be one? or will it just be mostly chaotic?

ShamshielDF

I'll have a post up later today with profile for my character.  I have most of her done, just working on details, now ^_^
Ons and offs!
A&A

ShamshielDF

Name: Kaori Jiang

Ethnicity: Asian

Home: Persephone

Description: Kaori stands about 5'6" and has a very slender build, what others have described as almost elfin.  Her hair is dyed frequently various unnatural colors, though she tends often towards the deep blues, purples and greens, and comes nearly to her waist.  While working, she usually keeps it in a tight braid and tucked out of the way.  Her wardrobe varies as much as her hair, ranging from her 'work grungies' to silk kimonos.  She's commented several times before that she believes its an Alliance conspiracy to keep there from being comfortable mechanical garb, mostly humorously.

She can be a bit...spacey at times, losing focus on everything else while she focuses on some problem, and not necessarily in such a way that others would know what it is she's thinking about.  She tries to take care of her appearance, but there is only so much one can do when working on the engine of a ship of misfits and ne'er-do-wells.  She frequently sports greasemarks, smudges and the faint odor of either smoke or ozone.  She paints her nails, though often with materials more appropriate to painting the ship, as her fingernails are constantly cut close due to frequent damage in her work.

Background: Kaori was born to a middle class family on Persephone, living on the outskirts of the fabulously wealthy and watching the glitz and glamour of their parties, balls and various soirees, yet never able to attend, yet within from the shantytown atmosphere of most of the outskirts of the planet.  Her father worked as a middle manager of a ship dealer and her mother as a nurse at one of the hospitals.  Kaori herself attended school and ended up with...well, we won't say 'the bad crowd' but more the periphery.  The hustlers, the hackers and the loners.  Not the ones that were in gangs, per se, but who seemed to know everyone in them and acted more like support.  In classes she excelled in the physical sciences and learned from her friends all the interesting bits that they don't teach in class.

After graduating, her father arranged for her to apprentice at the dealership he worked at, and she found herself immediately attracted to the garage.  It didn't take long before they found she had a natural aptitude for ships engines and computers, even the notoriously finicky  Gurtsler engines, though, like the others, she was much happier with the trace compression block engines.

Unfortunately, though her career was looking promising at the dealership, a deal was negotiated with the Alliance that quickly ended with the dealership going under, in no small part due to poor maintenance on the Alliance's part and the shop being stuck with contract violation charges because of it.  Her father was unable to find other work because of what had happened, the stigma of having bee one of the key individuals behind the failed contract sticking with him as he fell into a downward spiral of depression and drinking.  Her mother attempted to support the family, but the Alliance hospital pay was barely enough to keep the home and some food on the table.  In short order Kaori decided to remove herself from the equation and bounced around, staying with her various 'friends' over the next several years, sleeping with some of them and doing favors as able. 

Until the day a friend of hers asked her if she could work on a ship that had come in that needed some maintenance done sans traceable paperwork.  Before she could really explain what was going on, she was setup with quarters and was the new ships engineer.

Weapon:  By choice, the TK78C PowerMaster gauss pistol.  One of the more finicky weapons produced, she takes almost religious care for hers.  More often, she practices martial arts, incorporating the tai-chi fighting swords into her style.  She finds katas a beautiful way to relax, and the practice keeps her flexible enough to maneuver in the cramped spaces within the engine compartment.
Ons and offs!
A&A

ShamshielDF

For those looking for more detailed information for Firefly:

http://www.fireflyrpg.com/rpg/index.html  Good maps and materials
http://www.fireflywiki.org/ The Firefly wiki.  Far from complete, but some good material.
Ons and offs!
A&A