[D&D5] The Last Ray of Light (Epic fantasy, Group or solo) CLOSED

Started by FragarachZ, February 10, 2015, 10:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikka

One character with a ship should be for each group unless the GM role-plays the other group's captain.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Far eyes

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

tuckers02

Far eyes

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

tuckers02

Miroque

FragarachZ

Looks like we are still waiting on our lightbearers a bit. *groan*
Would you people start with one and have a few people not participate, or wait until we have both (might be a few more days) but get everyone into a group?
O&O

Miroque

*thinks* How can we start without lightbearer? Isint s/he the sole reason the group(s) are together...

FragarachZ

We will get one shortly but the other will be delayed it seems.
O&O

rikka

For me either way is fine.  But that would mean one group will really be delayed.  Question is who would be lucky ones who'll get to start first.

Ons/Offs

tuckers02

Autocad

Okay, I've touched up Evelynn's personality and rolled for a trinket as well. A blank book that can't be written in...

I have a confession: Evelynn probably doesn't meet the definition of good alignment, the way she is now, focused on what benefits herself and not others. So, the more I think about it, the more I feel she's actually closer to neutral than good. But, she's also intelligent, and realizes that in order to benefit herself in the long run, Tenebrax needs to go, which is why she wants to work with the lightbearer. A very the-ends-justifies-the-means character, who has her eyes on the goal, and little patience for diversions that don't contribute to achieving said goal.

I hope that's acceptable...

FragarachZ

I hope you guys aren't counting magic item bonuses... :p

And Autocad, maybe that's what Evelynn was like but now she's learning from the lightbearer's example?
O&O

Miroque

tuckers02

Autocad

I think it'll depend on the lightbearer's example too!

By the way, what's the starting gear for the non-lightbearers? Same as a level 1 char?

FragarachZ

Quote from: Autocad on February 18, 2015, 04:26:56 AM
I think it'll depend on the lightbearer's example too!

By the way, what's the starting gear for the non-lightbearers? Same as a level 1 char?

Yes, based on the selection your background/class offers.
O&O

Far eyes

Well the good thing is 5e dos not really make to meany assumptions about your bling/level

A/A

Inerrant Lust

Sorry for the delay. Some personal stuff came up, but I should finalize everything today.

As an aside, I rolled for a trinket and got...

The shell of an egg painted with scenes of human misery in disturbing detail.

...A fucking behelit.

In any event... Voila

Norton would never expected to have such a destiny as this. He was a paladin in training, an acolyte in the great temple in Latun. He did not have much martial training, instead being hounded by the priests to read more of the histories and to memorize prayers and rites. He did not want to be some bookish scholar or cleric all his life. Ever since he was determined as blessed enough, deemed worthy of becoming a squire to the Order of Light, Norton's young mind was filled with dreams of slaying fell beasts and evil wizards, the minions of Tenebrax.

He was impatient, and too often wished to learn how to fight instead of following his instructors. It was only by chance, then, and his own mischief, that Norton was spared the scouring of the Order of Light. He was separated from his companions on that day, though he still witnessed the chaos first-hand. On the day of the winter solstice, when the radiant lady deigned to grace her worshipers with her divine presence... Tenebrax appeared instead, with her conquered underneath him. Norton wanted to rush to her aid then, to die alongside the men who would soon call him brother. But by chance, he was spared... and gifted with the radiant lady's final words;

"Shadow may prevail this day, but fear not! Dawn will come and the world will be filled with light again one day. I bestow upon you, the last pure light I can muster... seek the holy relics of light, and drive away the darkness in my name..."

Only fifteen, Norton did not know what to do. It was all too much, and the sheer consequence upon his every action weighed down upon him until despair and the burden of responsibility paralyzed him. He was taken from that place, rescued by the most unlikeliest of people. This would become his first companion as the lightbearer. The following three years were spent training himself and finding other companions, those who will help him in his quest to restore the radiant lady to her rightful place in the sky.

He was eager to begin. The sight of the moon sickened him, reminding him of that terrible day. Much of his efforts were focused on the realization of his destiny, the readeption of Lux. He consumed himself in research, hoping to find a means of accessing the holy relics, a means of defeating Tenebrax and his minions should the need arise. He had hoped it would arise. Lux had entrusted him with her last faint glimmer of power, and Norton did not wish to disappoint her. He would not balk at this great gift, this monumental responsibility. When not reading, his attention was instead seized by training. He had little practice at sword-work as a squire in the Order of Light, but every waking hour, even if it was only himself against his shadow, Norton swung his sword. There was neither day nor night, the unchanging sky a constant reminder of what he must do.

Now, three years later, Norton has found his allies. He knows the destination. He knows what he must do.

tuckers02

Just take it out of your back pocket before you sit down.

FragarachZ

A behelit? During a great eclipse? How conveniently fitting!

What do people think of this split?

Group A: Path of the Paladin
Norton, Lightbearer Paladin (Inerrant Lust)
Alyssa, Champion (tuckers02)
Thalya, Wild Mage (rikka)
Al'Rhayel, Moon Circle Druid (Miroque)

Group B: Path of the Priestess
Aria, Lightbearer Cleric (Muse, character sheet pending)
Evelynn, High Elven Abjurer (Autocad)
Varis, Wood Elf Beastmaster (Togashi)
Anna, Battlemaster (Far Eyes)

Autocad, you can go ahead and name Evelynn's ship.
For both groups, it will be a standard sailing ship found in the book, and unless otherwise noted it will be carrying cargo to trade in ports, earning just enough to pay upkeep of the ship and crew. It will be run by a few sailors but the more important positions can be filled out by characters as well, so they're part of the crew not only passangers.
O&O

rikka

Looks good.  So is Norton okay for being Thalya's long lost nephew?

Ons/Offs

Miroque

Who's the captain/ship owner on group A?

Druid is going to be like fish out of water on ship anyway...

EDIT: Or maybe not... Moon Druids can change int so many creatures ...Giant Octopus anyone ? (or is the swimspeed limitation still at work?)

EDIT 2: IF no Swim/fly speed: then Brown Bear, Dire Wolf, Giant Hyena, Giant Spider, GIANT TOAD!!, Lion, Swarm of Quippers and Tiger....
(If swim/fly speed is ok, then add: Giant Eagle, Giant Octopus, Giant Vulture... Where are our Dire Sharks and Dire Dolphins?)

FragarachZ

In group A Alyssa is the owner of the ship. As for the druid on the boat, you knew in advance you'd start there so it was your choice.
O&O