U.S.S. McNealy ((Star Trek Inspired OC RP! All Welcome, Still building!))

Started by Cal1496, November 15, 2015, 11:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Been wanting to try another Trek game since Starbase Tesla.

One question though, how do you see this game in terms of its focus?
Is it purely plot-driven? Is there room for smut? What balance would you hope to achieve between the two?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Cal1496 on November 16, 2015, 11:44:05 PM
Ugggg, Romulan's are like the only race I kinda wanted to keep off the crew lol 

While the Empire is servery weakened, they were and still are so xenophobic I don't think they would let Starfleet qualified assets just start slipping away.  I mean the Senate was killed, not the Tal Shiar :P

That all being said, you make a good enough history up and I'll consider it.

Sorry, meant Vulcan. That's what I get for posting while tired.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cal1496

Oh, Vulcan? No problem with that at all, send a profile when ya can.

And Eve, that I am leaving very much up to the players on how much smut they want.  I will be driving the plot with missions and such,  but if you all wanna bang like rabbits in your down time, then go ahead lol

Tackyhillbilly

Hey, a question. Is the McNeely a newly commissioned ship, with a new crew to handle her, or have we been going where no man has gone before for quite some time?

Cal1496

McNealy is at Jupiter Station for refit.  Update her systems, get some polish on her and turn over a new crew.  Captain Varcoe well knows that his ship is a stepping stone for many an officer to gain some real experience and move onto bigger fish in there career.  He personally has no problem with his almost two year turn over rate, so young and new officers coming onto his crew is not that big a deal.

I want also say that I will be claiming the Chief Medical Officer.  Was just thinking today that having two characters to work with might do some good.  I will likely get the first post up tonight, then pick away at the rest of Varcoe's history and then the Chief Medical Officer's.

Alright everyone?

Dismissed :P

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Tackyhillbilly

Our continuing mission:
To explore strange new worlds...
To seek out new life; new civilizations...
To boldly go where no one has gone before!

Cal1496

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 18, 2015, 09:13:36 PM
Our continuing mission:
To explore strange new worlds...
To seek out new life; new civilizations...
To boldly go where no one has gone before!

Obviously that...

But on a more specific level, our first mission will be to head to Deep Space 9, pick up some precious cargo, then head all the way to Deep Space 3 with it.  And that kids is all you need to know for now  >:)

RedEve

What would the background of the junior officers be?

Are they hotshots on the fast track to a great career?

Just whatever the academy churns out?

Or do they also have some fuck-ups (who haven't been washed out because they might show some promise one way or another)?

Cal1496

Probably at least one from all three of those to be honest lol I mean the fact is that not every Captain can hand pick there crew, sometimes you get what you get. Same goes for young officers,  you get assignments sometimes that are not so glamorous.

Anyone coming the McNealy though will know they will have a good chance to advance afterwards though,  in certain circle's anyway.  If your character is a puritan they might not be so happy about the post though.

RedEve

Okay, I was thinking of a junior officer who had gotten in a bit of trouble in her previous posting.

RedEve

BTW, your CS question to link to a post you are proud of is not an easy one.

Most of my writing ends in the frustration of not having achieved my aimed quality. :P

RedEve

Cal1496

Quote from: RedEve on November 19, 2015, 05:07:31 AM
BTW, your CS question to link to a post you are proud of is not an easy one.

Most of my writing ends in the frustration of not having achieved my aimed quality. :P

Well I pride myself in asking the tough questions.  And your under achievements put to shame a lot of other writers.

Blinkin

For gits and shiggles...

Wanted:

Upwardly moving, confident and affectionate trill female XO ISO SHM (Single Humanoid Male) for shipboard romance. Applicants must be able to accept commands on duty and give orders off duty or have exceptionally talented organs of some specification for potential inter-speciescooperation and inter-galactic relations. Inquire with Bema Duers, Jupiter 2. Excitement, travel and backrubs garrenteed.

lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Tackyhillbilly

Cal1496

We still need a Conn Officer!  Could be at least one more guy.

And I suppose this is an important message, but if the entire senior staff is filled than people will be allowed to apply for Junior Officer positions and Crewmen spots.  Still be a part of the RP...But ya gotta take orders lol

Blinkin

Oh, she couldn't take advantage of a lowly LT(jg), it wouldn't be sporting. ;) lol It just wouldn't be fair to ruin his promotion potential like that.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Tackyhillbilly

Quote from: Blinkin on November 20, 2015, 07:31:15 PM
Oh, she couldn't take advantage of a lowly LT(jg), it wouldn't be sporting. ;) lol It just wouldn't be fair to ruin his promotion potential like that.

Well then... you are limited to the Captain Girl.

Cal1496

So we have lost a our Chief Engineer, so looking for another one of those, and as well I open to having some none bridge staff.

Come on in folks!

summoner2183

RedEve

summoner2183

Blinkin

Pretty much any non-department head position. So, assistant department heads, pee-on's, grunts, chiefs, and custodial positions. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.