News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pulp Hero

Started by quozax, November 11, 2016, 06:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Ok, you can be Monteray Jack. ;) lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

Oh shit, I forgot elect5ronics Operation for the radio!!

I hope someone knows how to operate the damned thing after paying for one in the plane...

I know it won't be used much, but it's nice to have it to get around in style... leather bucket seats, .50 cal machine guns, a flushing toilot... man, life don't get no better than that... Just imagine, taking a nice relaxing pee, and when you pull that handle, it'll rain on somebody's parade. ;)

Oh, and the chrome mags and tinted wiwindows... golden parachutes... well, not golden, gold is too heavy, but they'll open when you have to jump... ah, the benefits of having someone else paying for everything. lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

quozax

Quote from: Blinkin on November 18, 2016, 01:14:44 PM
Oh shit, I forgot elect5ronics Operation for the radio!!

I hope someone knows how to operate the damned thing after paying for one in the plane...

I know it won't be used much, but it's nice to have it to get around in style... leather bucket seats, .50 cal machine guns, a flushing toilot... man, life don't get no better than that... Just imagine, taking a nice relaxing pee, and when you pull that handle, it'll rain on somebody's parade. ;)

Oh, and the chrome mags and tinted wiwindows... golden parachutes... well, not golden, gold is too heavy, but they'll open when you have to jump... ah, the benefits of having someone else paying for everything. lol

Flushable toilet?   I  thought you just wanted a hole in the bottom of the plane. 

Not sure if they had tinted windows back then. 

quozax

Quote from: greenknight on November 18, 2016, 12:27:03 PM
Wasn't Jacques, Indy's getaway pilot at the beginning of Raiders wearing a Hawai'ian shirt and a Yankees ball cap?

So, how do I make a character who is good at fixing things, flying things, and punching things? And passable at shooting things and gambling and the ladies?
Yes he did, shirt approved.   I'll help you with your character later today

Blinkin

Was just kidding about the windows and wheels. The toilot... I was thinking that it would reduce noise if the hole wasn't just in the floor, but w can bypass the thing... soldiers on the big galaxies today just piss through a tube that leads to open air... the rest... well, there's always the idea of bringing a 5 gallon bucket.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Sally Aces

I just found these sites and love them for character creation. The've lists of complications nicely statted out. I already see a few I want. Hope this helps folks

http://masterlistsofcomplications.wikia.com/wiki/The_Master_List_of_Complications_Wiki

http://www.cellularsmoke.net/rpgs/ml_social.php

quozax

Quote from: Sally Aces on November 18, 2016, 04:20:59 PM
I just found these sites and love them for character creation. The've lists of complications nicely statted out. I already see a few I want. Hope this helps folks

http://masterlistsofcomplications.wikia.com/wiki/The_Master_List_of_Complications_Wiki

http://www.cellularsmoke.net/rpgs/ml_social.php

Very helpful.  Thanks.

Blinkin

Well, William "Billy" McKnight is in the can, after some unexpected edits, and hopefully, he'll be playable.

The son of Georgia farmers at the turn of the centurn of the 20th century, Billy had been fasenated by aircraft since the first time that he saw a duster fly over the farm and drop a load of powder to reduce the insect population that year. By the time that he was 16, Billy had been trained by a hot pilot in a flying circus and was soon doing stunts that even his partner shuttered at performing.

For the next several years, Billy traveled the US with the circus, always using another aircraft while he saved up for his own airplane. But the war in Europe suddenly became front page news and the army was calling for every able bodied man to serve his country. Billy Didn't think twice before he signed on the dotted line and joined up.

Unforatunately, he had to prove that he could fly an aircraft and after several weeks of outflying, outfighting and just plain out thinking everyone else in his class, he got his orders... He would be fighting the germans over Paris and he couldn't of been happier.

During the short stint during the war, Billy met a beautiful Austrian woman and after a few nights of passion,discovered that she was a german spy. conflicted by his affection for the woman and his duty, she offered him a compromise. If he let her go, she would turn a double agent and report to him, and him alone of what the germans were planiing. The information helped to bring the Germans to the table and the war ended.

After the war, when so many were being mustered out, Billy found a nitch that would allow him to stay in the military for a little longer... as a test pilot for new air frames... A job that he excelled at; he even flew the first all metal fighter that the US produced before he was forced to retire at the age of 33 and the rank of Major.

Turning his love of flying into something that might make a living, he went deeply into debt for one of the newest aircraft in the world and started "Fly By McKnight" Airlines; a company that would transport people and cargo throughout the region and a tourist flight around not 1, but 2 large cities in the lap of comfort. He even had a girl who he hired for the passenger flights to offer clients drinks and sandwiches during longer flights. First Class all the way.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

TFcommando

I've settled on one and am working it up now (hopefully it works).

A former masked avenger scourge of the underworld type who has moved past shooting up gangsters in one city to operating on the international level against the Nazis, in particular their artifact hunting.  She has expertise with the far east that no one the patron or the US State Department can match, having trained in exotic powers or martial arts there.  So not wearing a mask or costume any more, but still leaving a trademark behind from time to time, like a playing card or symbol. 

Might concentrate on martial arts, or else go with "zen marksmanship" applied to handguns.

Also, is this talent OK?  The Batman-style "Turn around and he's gone" power.  From Dark Champions (and dependent on getting 18m of Running, might have to lower it):

Teleportation 18m (18 Active Points ); Can Only teleport to Places Character Could Normally Go (-1/2), Must Cross Intervening Space (-1/4), No Noncombat Multiple (-1/4),Only to “Vanish” When No One Is Looking (-1/2), Requires A Stealth Roll (-1/2). total cost:6 points
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Blinkin

Or, it's col. Flagg from MASH... the nut from Military Intelligence who's trademark was requiring everyon in the room to cover their eyes because... "No one sees me leave."

And then, he almost always hurt himself by jumping through a window or something.

That could be fun. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

quozax

Wasn't Jacques, Indy's getaway pilot at the beginning of Raiders wearing a Hawai'ian shirt and a Yankees ball cap?

So, how do I make a character who is good at fixing things, flying things, and punching things? And passable at shooting things and gambling and the ladies?

I haven't forgotten about your character. Still working on them.

I do need a name for your character.

quozax

New Ability
Tough as Nails
Resistant for PD and ED
Calculate your total natural PD and ED and then divide it in half for the cost of the Advantage.

So if you have 4 PD, and 4 ED it would only cost 4 points.  Much cheaper than the Armor above.

quozax

CHARACTERISTICS
Val    Char    Points    Roll
15   STR   5   12-
15   DEX   10   12-
15   CON   5   12-
14   INT   4   12-
13   EGO   3   12-
15   PRE   5   12-
5   OCV   10
5   DCV   10
3   OMCV   0
3   DMCV   0
3   SPD   10
5   PD   3
5   ED   3
5   REC   1
20   END   0
13   BODY    3
30   STUN   5
Total Cost

MOVEMENT
Type       Combat    Noncombat
Run       12m      24m
Swim       4m      8m
H. Leap    4m      8m
V. Leap    2m      4m

SKILLS, PERKS, & TALENTS
Cost    Name       Roll
8    +1 with HTH Combat
8    +1 with Ranged Combat
3    Acting       12-
3    Charm       12-
3    Combat Driving 12-
3    Conversation    12-
3    Electronics    12-
8    Gambling (Card Games, Dice Games, Sports Betting, Roulette) 12-
3    Mechanics    12-
3    Persuasion    12-
3    Riding       12-
3    Systems Operation    12-
2    WF: Small Arms
3    Attractive:    +1/+1d6 Striking Appearance (vs.all characters)
Total Skills, Perks, & Talents Cost:  56

POWERS AND EQUIPMENT
Cost Name Power/Equipment END
5 Tough as Nails Resistant (+½) for up to 10 APs of 5 PD / 5 ED (5 APs)
12 Heavy Punch Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6 (15 APs); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-¼) 1
Total Powers/Equipment Cost:  17

MATCHING COMPLICATIONS
Cost Complication
None yet
Total Complications Points

Now, I just need some flaws.  That Hawaiian shirt would be a distinctive feature.... if you NEVER take it off.

greenknight

Quote from: quozax on November 19, 2016, 06:27:49 AM
CHARACTERISTICS
Val    Char    Points    Roll
15   STR   5   12-
15   DEX   10   12-
15   CON   5   12-
14   INT   4   12-
13   EGO   3   12-
15   PRE   5   12-
5   OCV   10
5   DCV   10
3   OMCV   0
3   DMCV   0
3   SPD   10
5   PD   3
5   ED   3
5   REC   1
20   END   0
13   BODY    3
30   STUN   5
Total Cost

MOVEMENT
Type       Combat    Noncombat
Run       12m      24m
Swim       4m      8m
H. Leap    4m      8m
V. Leap    2m      4m

SKILLS, PERKS, & TALENTS
Cost    Name       Roll
8    +1 with HTH Combat
8    +1 with Ranged Combat
3    Acting       12-
3    Charm       12-
3    Combat Driving 12-
3    Conversation    12-
3    Electronics    12-
8    Gambling (Card Games, Dice Games, Sports Betting, Roulette) 12-
3    Mechanics    12-
3    Persuasion    12-
3    Riding       12-
3    Systems Operation    12-
2    WF: Small Arms
3    Attractive:    +1/+1d6 Striking Appearance (vs.all characters)
Total Skills, Perks, & Talents Cost:  56

POWERS AND EQUIPMENT
Cost Name Power/Equipment END
5 Tough as Nails Resistant (+½) for up to 10 APs of 5 PD / 5 ED (5 APs)
12 Heavy Punch Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6 (15 APs); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-¼) 1
Total Powers/Equipment Cost:  17

MATCHING COMPLICATIONS
Cost Complication
None yet
Total Complications Points

Now, I just need some flaws.  That Hawaiian shirt would be a distinctive feature.... if you NEVER take it off.
I'll take it as a pre-gen. And it's not the same Hawai'ian shirt, he's just always wearing a Hawai'ian shirt. Like Chilly Palmer says, "It's like the other shirt, just a different color hibiscus." And I think I like the name Monterrey Jack; it's so perfectly cheesy. ;)

But I'm not typing in or assuming an Aussie accent.

I'll work up a nifty backstory here soon. I have some ideas for a Californian with a shady past.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

quozax

TFCommanda  has just convinced me to let everyone have 25 more points to add to their characters.

So you have 175 instead of 150 total

Blinkin

What to spend 25 points on... hmmm... Time to hit the books and hope that the cost aren't too different.

tell me if this spends too much...

Add 1 to OCV and DCV (10 points, I think?)
Increase DSF to 4d6 (3 points, I think)
Increase recovery by 2 (4 points, I think)
Add Electronics Operation for the radio (3 points, I think)
Increase PD/ED by 1 each and Tough as nails to fit... that'll probably take care of the rest and the point that I had left.

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

quozax

Quote from: Blinkin on November 19, 2016, 12:09:49 PM
What to spend 25 points on... hmmm... Time to hit the books and hope that the cost aren't too different.

tell me if this spends too much...

Add 1 to OCV and DCV (10 points, I think?)
Increase DSF to 4d6 (3 points, I think)
Increase recovery by 2 (4 points, I think)
Add Electronics Operation for the radio (3 points, I think)
Increase PD/ED by 1 each and Tough as nails to fit... that'll probably take care of the rest and the point that I had left.

You are still short.  Did you want to put your Positive Rep back on as well?

quozax

Quote from: greenknight on November 19, 2016, 11:38:38 AM
I'll take it as a pre-gen. And it's not the same Hawai'ian shirt, he's just always wearing a Hawai'ian shirt. Like Chilly Palmer says, "It's like the other shirt, just a different color hibiscus." And I think I like the name Monterrey Jack; it's so perfectly cheesy. ;)

But I'm not typing in or assuming an Aussie accent.

I'll work up a nifty backstory here soon. I have some ideas for a Californian with a shady past.

I still need 40 more points in flaws, unless you do want to keep your Aussie accent, which you would only need 30 more points

I may have a better idea of complications when you get your past printed.  Sounds like somebody might be hunting you with a shady past.

quozax

Quote from: TFcommando on November 19, 2016, 12:07:14 AM
I've settled on one and am working it up now (hopefully it works).

A former masked avenger scourge of the underworld type who has moved past shooting up gangsters in one city to operating on the international level against the Nazis, in particular their artifact hunting.  She has expertise with the far east that no one the patron or the US State Department can match, having trained in exotic powers or martial arts there.  So not wearing a mask or costume any more, but still leaving a trademark behind from time to time, like a playing card or symbol. 

Might concentrate on martial arts, or else go with "zen marksmanship" applied to handguns.

Also, is this talent OK?  The Batman-style "Turn around and he's gone" power.  From Dark Champions (and dependent on getting 18m of Running, might have to lower it):

Teleportation 18m (18 Active Points ); Can Only teleport to Places Character Could Normally Go (-1/2), Must Cross Intervening Space (-1/4), No Noncombat Multiple (-1/4),Only to “Vanish” When No One Is Looking (-1/2), Requires A Stealth Roll (-1/2). total cost:6 points

forgot to answer that.  Yes, Teleportation is fine, but your running must match your meters in teleportation to be realistic. 
Otherwise sounds good.

quozax

Blinkin

How many more points do I have?

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

quozax

Somehow you need to spend 4 more points.

Blinkin

Put that last 4 into REC. With the END that he'll be expending per phase, he'll need it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

quozax

Quote from: Blinkin on November 20, 2016, 04:06:27 PM
Put that last 4 into REC. With the END that he'll be expending per phase, he'll need it.

Will do!

quozax

Okay, starting a game right before a major holiday (in the USA), is probably not the smartest thing.

LSWSjr, I have finished your character.  Please post something to let me know if you are still playing.
greenknight, i still need that background for your character so I can get an idea of the complications - then they will be done.
TFCommando and Sally Aces.... How's that character coming along?  I hate to keep poking but I want to start soon. 

I think everyone else is ready to go.