Pinnacle Academy Reloaded (Horror/Sexual School Roleplay) [NC][BESM 3rd Edition]

Started by GloomCookie, April 10, 2012, 03:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

PINNACLE ACADEMY
RELOADED

On its surface, the Pinnacle Academy of Arcane and Paranormal Studies is a rather unique school, one of the only ones in the entire world devoted to the study of the paranormal and the occult.  Everyone who graduates is an expert in their field, even the non-arcane, though most come because they are gifted with the ability to use and wield magical abilities from an innate connection with the paranormal.

However, there's a dark side to Pinnacle Academy, one that even the teachers are afraid to discuss directly.  Every year, one of the four major classes disappears, never to be seen again.  Some say they're used in illegal experimentation, others that they're butchered for meat to serve in the cafeterias.  Still others maintain they're sent to fight awesome demons.  Regardless, the students disappear, and the rumors and stories are a staple of Academic life.

For a group of students, however, the stories are more than just cute ways to pass the time.  They want to know what happens to the students, and whether they're next on the list to up and disappear.  Will they uncover the truth and find out about the strange going-ons?  Or will they wind up disappearing as well?

The System
The game will be run using the BESM 3rd Edition Rules (Click for a copy) with a few custom powers developed along the way.  Students will be given 300 points to spend towards their characters, and you'll need to have it approved prior to gameplay.

Character Sheets
Please read the following carefully!
300 Maximum points to spend on all stats, attributes and skills.
Maximum of 3 defects.
Attributes/Skills may not exceed level 5 to begin with.  (Will be unlocked later)
Max of 3 defects, 3 levels only.
If using the BESM CS on the back cover, do not count Energy or Shock points.
Please use only anime character pictures.
[float=left]Character Picture[/float]
[b]Character Name[/b] [i](Player Name)[/i]
[b]Age, Height, Weight, Sex[/b]
[b]Description[/b]
[b]Point Cost, Template Used, Size[/b]
[b]Body Stat[/b] ([i]Value/Points[/i]) [b]Mind Stat[/b] ([i]Value/Points[/i]) [b]Soul Stat[/b] ([i]Value/Points[/i])
[b]Attack Combat Value[/b] ( [i]B + M + S/3 +1/Level of Attack Combat Mastery[/i])
[b]Defense Combat Value[/b] ( [i]B + M + S/3 + 1/Level of Defense Combat Mastery[/i])
[b]Damage Multiplier[/b] ([i] 5 + 1/Level of Massive Damage Attribute[/i])
[b]Health Points[/b] ( [i][ B + S ] x 5[/i] )
[b]Attributes[/b] (List all)
([i]Name, Level, Points[/i])
[b]Attributes/Skills[/b]
([i]Name, Level, Points[/i])
[b]Defects[/b]
([i]Name, Level[/i])

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ
What sort of vibe does the school have?
Like all schools, some areas are older, some are newer.  Most of the school is bright and modern, but there's a few buildings of the Academy that were built in the 1800s, so they're going to be darker and a bit creepier.

Is sex going to occur in the game?
Sex can and will happen, but that's between players to decide if they want to include masturbation, kissing, sex, fetishes, etc in their poses.  It will not be a requirement of this game.

How will the game play out?
The game will take place over a series of chapters.  I'll probably have different chapters at different times depending on how many people show interest, but if it's just four or so, they'll move through the game general story together.

What if I want to join the game after it's started?
You'll need to wait until the next chapter begins and you'll be brought in as a transfer student, either from another class or another school.  You'll be starting out the same as everyone else did when the game began, so you'll still only have 300 points to spend.

What if I want to leave the game before it ends?
Your character will either be wounded or, if you choose, be killed off.  Dead characters remain dead, but wounded characters will go to the hospital and you'll receive a percentage of XP at the end of the game depending on how much you played.  You can pick the character up later.

Will the game be graphic?
Yes.  It'll have a few ick moments but for the most part, don't expect it to be too insane.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

GloomCookie

I'm still working on the system so anyone who wants to make suggestions can feel free to do so.  I only asked to PM character sheets so I can make little collages like the one above.  Feel free to post questions and other stuff here in the thread.
My DeviantArt

Xaoc

Hate can motivate one to do the impossible. But love? Love will bring one to do the unthinkable.

coolhands

GloomCookie

I'm still working on the magic system so if you're wanting a magic character, please hold off x.x
My DeviantArt

coolhands

Ya sure ill wait.  Im interested to see the magic system.

GloomCookie

This project is being put on hold for the time being mostly because I want to try and make it a full system game and I'll need some help setting that up.  If you want to help, send me a PM and we can discuss things.
My DeviantArt

GloomCookie

Game is up with a new system, please read and hopefully sign up =D
My DeviantArt

Bloody Rose

I will be helping Linna out in terms of character sheet and the system in general. Any doubts, questions feel free to ask.

coolhands

Awsome. i cant wait to check out the system. Definatly want to make a character. it will take me a little while to go through the BESM manual so that i can understand the game.  i hope this is ok.

coolhands

JohnTheGreat

I'm interested but kinda have no idea what the system is. Downloading now and hopefully I'll understand everything and have a character concept and sheet done soon.

GloomCookie

I'm still interested, just sort of waiting for others to get involved, though if I don't see any participation soon I'm going to drop it.
My DeviantArt

AndyZ

Looks interesting.  I'm not sure I like the idea that all magic has to come from darkness, though.  Is that a part of this game or am I thinking of something else?  (Just waking up, but wanted to make sure I posted before it was dropped)
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

coolhands

Are the charachters ment to be new students.  Should they have magical items already or just start out fairly normal.  I was also looking at the transmutation ability but am not quite sure how the point cost works.

GloomCookie

Quote from: AndyZ on April 25, 2012, 11:44:37 AM
Looks interesting.  I'm not sure I like the idea that all magic has to come from darkness, though.  Is that a part of this game or am I thinking of something else?  (Just waking up, but wanted to make sure I posted before it was dropped)

No, magic is a strange force that the military wanted to exploit for the war effort only to have it picked up by civilians.  Magic is neutral, it all depends on the users.

Quote from: coolhands on April 25, 2012, 08:26:53 PM
Are the charachters ment to be new students.  Should they have magical items already or just start out fairly normal.  I was also looking at the transmutation ability but am not quite sure how the point cost works.

Ok, because of supernatural events and the possible summoning of demons plus the potential for abuse by students, the school council decided that everyone gets a magically imbued weapon they can use.  If they want to forgo this magical item, they can feel free to do so. 

As far as transmutation... (digs out rulebook) Ok, you can spend either 6, 8, 10 or 12 points on it.  12 points gives you unlimited ability to transmute, 10 points lets you do any solid object, 8 points is a major class (food, swords, arrows, etc), and 6 points is for things like lead to gold, food to spoiled food and vice versa.  It still only lasts 1 minute, you can only do up to 100kg (check for levels) and anything done within someone else's radius means you must roll an offensive action.
My DeviantArt

AndyZ

I was going to make a char in Bloody Rose's game with the power to summon mystical guns.  It's worth explaining that the guns don't have to be ordinary weapons, but can do things like making a gun that heals, does telekinesis while pointed at an object, fun stuff like that.  I plan on using Power Flux Creation (Major) for that.

To make sure I understand, you're not using Energy Points?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

coolhands

I was also wondering if altering your abilities with power flux takes a full action, or can you use it and then attack or defend.

AndyZ

Pretty sure Attributes only take an action if you have Activation assigned.

coolhands

Ok so it would be posible to create a weapon with power flux/transmutation and attack in one turn. Or should i take the extra action attribute.

Bloody Rose

GloomCookie

Quote from: AndyZ on April 26, 2012, 02:57:16 PM
I was going to make a char in Bloody Rose's game with the power to summon mystical guns.  It's worth explaining that the guns don't have to be ordinary weapons, but can do things like making a gun that heals, does telekinesis while pointed at an object, fun stuff like that.  I plan on using Power Flux Creation (Major) for that.

To make sure I understand, you're not using Energy Points?

Correct, I'm still trying to figure the system out so rather than swamp myself with stats I'm keeping it simple.

Quote from: coolhands on April 26, 2012, 06:46:06 PM
Ok so it would be posible to create a weapon with power flux/transmutation and attack in one turn. Or should i take the extra action attribute.
Quote from: Bloody Rose on April 26, 2012, 06:47:19 PM
It's possible I think

*eyes glass over*
My DeviantArt

Xaoc

Hate can motivate one to do the impossible. But love? Love will bring one to do the unthinkable.

AndyZ

Coolhands, are you thinking about power flux also?  I can think of something else to take.

Bloody Rose

Power flux its a very spread wide open Attribute, not two power flux will be the same if you know what I mean