News:

Main Menu

Fugly Buglies?

Started by Spookie Monster, July 15, 2008, 06:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Those are indeed some super images, Ket!  Thanks for the links!

By the way, you'll be happy to know that yesterday I accidentally stuck my hand into a big spider web...

I'm curious about something.  This guy isn't a bug, granted -- he's a slug -- but what do you fair maidens think of him?

giant slug eats flower

Quote from: ZK on August 25, 2008, 08:46:28 PMPeople scare this chinchi more then bugs. *squeaks*

You're a chinchilla, ZK?  I myself seem to be a marmot!  This is awesome!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Ket

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!  How adorable is that!

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Trieste

Very cute ... though I wish there was something neary for scale purposes, or some notation of the type of flower so I could look up its average size. That thing looks like it would take a whole bunch of salt if you found it in your garden, though...

Not that I salt slugs - I haven't ever really tried my hand at gardening too much... but my mother is an avid gardener who has sugar-water feeders out for the pollinators and who hate hate hates slugs.

Ket

I've never salted a slug.  I like them too much.   Once I had one piggyback inside my house attached to the plastic bag that my newspaper came in.  So there I am, settled into a chair, reading my paper when I feel something weird on my leg.  Look down, and darn if there isn't a 6" slug climbing up my calf. 

At first I shrieked just out of pure surprise, but then I calmly walked outside, took the little bugger of my leg and placed him in the grass. 

That particular slug in the video (anyone know what kind it is?) is just too darn cute!  I want one.  So I can buy a huge aquarium and plant lots of plants for it just so I can watch it be a slug. 

Yeah, I'm odd.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Trieste

Yeah, 'tis cute. "Omnomnomnom... nomnomnom... nomnomnomnom...."

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Trieste on August 28, 2008, 02:05:29 AMVery cute ... though I wish there was something neary for scale purposes, or some notation of the type of flower so I could look up its average size. That thing looks like it would take a whole bunch of salt if you found it in your garden, though...

Quote from: Ket on August 28, 2008, 02:11:55 AM(anyone know what kind it is?)

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to find out just what kind of slug it is.  (That's assuming that it is in fact real, of course -- with modern CGI, who knows?)  According to the description offered by the video's contributor, however:

A giant slug in the Namaqualand region of South Africa eats a spring flower.  These slugs grow bigger than one's hand.  The flowers are about 1 inch (2.2 cm) long.

If I find out what kind of slug it is, I'll be sure to let all of you know!

Oh, and thanks for the opinions! :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~