Hobbies and outdoor activities.

Started by Thumper, July 30, 2015, 12:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumper

While I sit in purgatory I figured I'd try to get to know some of you a bit better. So I looked through the first page on this subforum and didn't see anything on this. So here we go.

Me? It depends on the time of year. During the summer I spend most of my free time on the road in the wind. In a group or alone I'd rather be riding than about any other activity. But unfortunately this year hadn't been as kind to me as recent ones. So my road time has been severely limited. I've only been able to put like twelve thousand miles on my bike since March.

I also enjoy gardening, and have a rather impressive one growing. But sometimes it seems more like work.

During the fall and winter I either hunt or work on my bike.

Thumper

99 heritage softail stage five heads. Big bore kit bored and stroked to 93" stage 4 cv carb. Paint by bondo Jim.

Thumper

Let's see if it works this time.

Moraline

I trail run and train for ultras. That's my biggest outdoor activity.

But your bike looks amazing and I'm totally up for a road trip! Let's go! haha  :P

Good luck with your approval process by the way.

Caehlim

I usually haven't been much of an outdoor person, but as part of an effort to get a bit fitter I've taken up running as a hobby around a week ago. I'm only just starting up now and working through a training program to build up my speed but I've been really loving it.

There's a running trail just nearby my house that goes through a park alongside a river and it's a wonderful area. The weather's a bit cold at the moment, but after a minute or two of exercise my body warms up enough that I don't feel it.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Thumper

I used to really enjoy trail running. I loved taking my dogs out in the swamp and running through the trails and the mud. But the Marines kind of destroyed my knees. And most of my other joints. So now exercise is limited to the gym swimming and walking. Though I do still greatly enjoy hiking.

We have a couple big rides coming up soon. The hospice ride is the weekend after next and it generally generates a couple hundred bikes. And our ride is next weekend. This year we are trying to raise money for my mother in law who was just diagnosed with micropapillary carcinoma.

AFRobb

I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I coach my schools teen no gi competition team and compete in both Gi and No Gi competitions.  I've done a little mixed martial arts, but I really don't enjoy it as much, so I just stick to BJJ.

I've trained in some other martial arts and still train muah thai, although that's just for fun and I don't compete, or have a desire to compete in it.

I love all things automotive as well, I sold my bike when I left for basic training but just haven't gotten around to getting a new one. But I do have a 2012 Subaru STi  if you are into tuner cars

kylie

I used to hike a lot or tromp home in the hills. Lately I live more in concrete wastelands or craziness, and I walk a lot occasionally but not in the nature-soaking and regular way I used to. So it is kind of funny, I usually do characters more familiar with urban and somewhat social situations.

VivienSm