Circus for Freaks -tentative interest check-

Started by LamentingQuill, May 23, 2018, 09:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

I was considering my own original Cirque Du Freak, not connected to but inspired by the Darren Shan featured Cirque. Keep in mind, any whom might take an interest in this notion, this is not going to be a Darren Shan world thing, it's only inspired by the Darren Shan books. No Evra Von, no Darren, no Crepsley.

Let me know if this might be something people would go for and I'll consider working up a recruitment thread.

Chantarelle

I’ve no idea who Darren Shan is but I am very interested. Is there room for a fortune teller? Has anyone else shown interest?
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Chantarelle on June 10, 2018, 11:58:50 PM
I’ve no idea who Darren Shan is but I am very interested. Is there room for a fortune teller? Has anyone else shown interest?

You'd be the very first to say one peep in response, lol

Cryptic

O.o! Circus freak show, oooh count me intrigued. *Bookmarked*
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

SweetBabyxo

Oooohhhh. I’m also intrigued as well.

*plants flag*

Murvoen

I loved those books ^^ Hell of a twist ending though I'd definitely be interested in something like this!
Back after a very long hiatus!! And I hope to be back for good this time!

Angie

Seems like this thread musta disappeared back in the day. I'd be interested too!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

LamentingQuill

I'll probably have a proper recruitment thread up in about a week or two, my schedule permitting. I'm quite busy right now on top of things going on my life, this all picked up rather unexpectedly out the blue long ago I originally posted it.  I do intend to do it though, I just require some patience is all considering everything.

It shouldn't be any longer than two weeks at the very maximum before you see a proper recruit thread.

Nameless One

It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Chantarelle

Yay more interest.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Dreaming of Reality

I would be down to partake in something Circus themed~! If you are still taking openings.

Red Stella

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Captain Whitebread

Circuses are fun!

I have an idea for a juggler/knife thrower/fire eater
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Red Stella

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 02, 2018, 11:01:46 PM
I have an idea for a juggler/knife thrower/fire eater

What, all at the same time?!?   :o

Chantarelle

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Red Stella on July 02, 2018, 11:53:30 PM
What, all at the same time?!?   :o

You say that as if it would be difficult.

Murvoen

I'm trying to decide between a snake charmer or a beast tamer who's just a little slip of a thing commanding massive creatures.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Murvoen on July 03, 2018, 01:32:46 AM
I'm trying to decide between a snake charmer or a beast tamer who's just a little slip of a thing commanding massive creatures.

Why not both?  You have to wear many hats to keep a circus running.

Murvoen

LamentingQuill

This is going to be put on hold for a bit longer. I am dealing with a broken tooth that sits right on a nerve and I'm in quite a lot of pain, so once I can get into the dentist and get this tooth taken care of, I will be a lot more willing to take this onto my shoulders.

Just have patience is all I ask, it will happen, it's just going to be delayed.

Murvoen

No worries :) I hope you feel better soon!

Nameless One

It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

LamentingQuill

The pain was a very broken wisdom tooth, I went to the dentist on Wednesday and they pulled it. I will try to have a proper recruitment thread out very, very soon.

Chantarelle

shii

Interested! I loved the books and i'd like a circus type rp. With or without supernatural beings?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: shii on July 15, 2018, 11:15:32 PM
Interested! I loved the books and i'd like a circus type rp. With or without supernatural beings?

Depends what you mean by supernatural beings. Individuals born half snake or with tentacles for arms or some weird stuff like that, then yes. Vampires or werewolves? I would have to think about that.

shii

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 15, 2018, 11:18:28 PM
Depends what you mean by supernatural beings. Individuals born half snake or with tentacles for arms or some weird stuff like that, then yes. Vampires or werewolves? I would have to think about that.

That sounds great. I have a few ideas kicking around in my head that I haven't settled on yet. I like the more unique beings.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: shii on July 16, 2018, 12:04:13 AM
That sounds great. I have a few ideas kicking around in my head that I haven't settled on yet. I like the more unique beings.

Thinking about it a bit, I really don't want vampires or werewolves, I don't want to get an overflow of those characters and lose the theme the group is supposed to have. So, no supernaturals like vampires or werewolves.