Shindo Supremacy--planning for Kingdom Supremacy has begun

Started by Jezabelle, September 05, 2017, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metraxa

A clan for you. And a character too. We need someone who can properly lead this land, and that means more than knowing how to swing a sword without stabbing yourself. Sagenod

Clan
Clan Mon:
Clan Name: 蓮 Hachisu - Lotus
Clan Ruler: Kiyoshi Tanekawa
Trait: Cultured
Total Rice:  9
Total Metal (+Yearly Income):  3(+3)
Territory: 3
Prestige:  5 (+0 from Castles) (+3 from Territory) (-0 from Dishonour)
Units:  6
Clan History: For many centuries, so it is said, the Hachisu clan have faithfully served in the court of the Emperor. They have written ancient texts, created magnificent works of art, and memorialized Emperors from ages long past. There has been some martial history of course, but the clan has been defined by their service, and maintenance of the lands which have fallen under their sway. They faithfully uphold the old ways, and are a proud clan.

But things have changed for the worse. With the death of the Emperor and no clear successor the land has been thrown into chaos and turmoil as factions vie for power. It would be ridiculous to let some upstart miner or brigand take the throne. No, if anyone should be Emperor then it should be someone with an understanding of the legacy of the Empire, who can properly guide it and provide the people with leadership that they need. For example, Clan Hachisu

Leader
Name: Kiyoshi Tanekawa
Sexuality (IC): Bi, though with a preference toward hetero
Acceptable Encounters Gay/Non-con permissible, former preferably by request, latter always
Physical Description: Kiyoshi has long, light blond hair and green eyes. His skin has a light tan to it and he tends to wear more formal, non-military garb. He stands about 5'6".
Personal History: Kiyoshi was raised to follow in the foosteps of his father, and was regaled as a child with tales of the old Emperors, of mighty feats and battles, legends that could make anyone listen in awe. His training was as rigorous, as he was prepared for a life in court serving the Emperor, and managing his own estate.

He was unprepared for the sudden death of the Emperor, as everyone was. His father swiftly returned home as the court fragmented and fell apart, and he spent the next duration under his direct tutelage quickly trying to learn the thing that he now needed to know in this dangerous political landscape. But he was not ready when his father fell sick and died, leaving him to manage things on his own.

In this he has done fairly well by all accounts, though not excelling in warfare. He is nonetheless determined to repeat the tales of old, and bring order to the land once again.

Culture: Shindo Tea Etiquette, +1 to rolls made to request rituals.
Ethnicity: Shindo

Etiquette: ⭐⭐⭐
Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐⭐
Warfare: ⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐

Inventory:  Lucky Beads [Tapped 0/2]

Jezabelle

We're looking at one remaining slot with the approval of Clan Hachisu.  Assuming the bandit situation is sorted as an entity other than a clan that is.

What we're really needing now is more members for clans.  I suggested those interested reach out to the existing clan leaders.

If you'd really like to lead, we've got no Krai Folk in yet and no officially posted Yunar Exiles.  Those rulership positions will be democratically elected at game start so you're going to want to establish yourself soon(TM) if you're looking to run either.  Also pm Clan leaders and post in the thread about what you'd be interested in, I'm sure you'll get some feedback--Clan leaders cannot do it all on their own, so you'll be a valuable asset to any team you join.

Faeli

If we don't have enough interest beyond the clain leaders, you could likely add a recruit mechanic to get NPC helpers

Jezabelle

Quote from: Faeli on September 10, 2017, 05:08:06 PM
If we don't have enough interest beyond the clain leaders, you could likely add a recruit mechanic to get NPC helpers

That's an idea, but we've got a steady stream of players coming in over the past few days so I'd rather hold my horses and shill than commit to that.

Current Map

5/6 clans are in place and we've got one Bandit group now.  Exciting!  Things are really coming together.

Silk

Vonandi

Made some minor edits. I was hoping to flesh out the character more but I might just have do that as the game progresses.

Zahard

Is there still room for another clan?

If there isn't, I'm alright with just rolling with the character, and editing her to fit into another clan. She'd make a good diplomat/administrator.
Clan
Clan Mon:
Clan Name: Clan Oshiro
Clan Ruler: Midori Oshiro
Trait: Agricultural
Clan History: Once the overseer of the ricebasket of the Empire, when the Aka Ka were granted lands the Oshiro saw it as a massive slight against them. Regardless of its truth, the Oshiro are whispered to have been behind the succession crisis Shindo is currently experiencing, a long-awaited payback for the wealth taken from them. The Oshiro deny it profusely -- however, they do see the current crisis as an opportunity to assert familial (albeit ancient) ties to the throne.

Territory Map

Character
Name: Midori Oshiro
Sexuality (IC): Heterosexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): MxF preferred, FxF possible. All Request/narrative, including non-con
Physical Description: A beautiful "porcelain" beauty, Midori often hides her face behind a fan. She often wears kimonos that accentuate her figure and C-cup breasts. Always, she wears the gold and blue of her clan.
Personal History: Midori was the only legitimate child of her father, and so his sole heir. She was educated briefly in war, but prefers to maneuver politically. Her childhood was one of being spoiled -- when her father died, she seized the reigns like her birthright, and proved herself an able diplomat and administrator. She had hoped to marry the Emperor's son, but the current succession crisis has given her hope of becoming the Empress instead; she now calls herself a Princess, only thinly masking her ambition. She is known for being very kind to her subjects, and plays favorites often. In private, she is possessive and prideful -- and often holds grudges for extended periods.

Culture: Shindo Tea Etiquette
Ethnicity: Shindo

(you may have up to 5 stars in each skill, you begin with 7 stars to spend across the three as you see fit--you may have zero stars in a skill)
Etiquette: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bureaucracy: ⭐
Warfare: ⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your Clan has the right building)

I thought it would be interesting to set the groundwork for a rivalry with the Aka ka... whatever doom that may bring. Maybe they'll turn the relationship around? Who knows.

Also, a couple questions:

What happens if you invade an undefended territory -- or is there always a chance to defend an area?

Also, what if you're engaged in an action that requires a die roll, but you have no points in the relevant skill?

EDIT: Changed character points. Changed flag. Added questions.
Final Edit: Added territory map.
Finalfinal edit: One last adjustment to character points. Midori is a diplomatic/schemer kind of character, weighing that more heavily is better for the theme, I think.

Metraxa

I have the subtle feeling that the Aka ka aren't the only clan you'd need to worry about.  >:( *Chafes at every expansion route being cut off*

Zahard

Quote from: Metraxa on September 11, 2017, 07:23:06 AM
I have the subtle feeling that the Aka ka aren't the only clan you'd need to worry about.  >:( *Chafes at every expansion route being cut off*

:P

No matter where I went, someone was going to get cramped. I thought this'd be the most fun situation, even if I get crushed in the end. I will 100% play to win, though. And barring that, my secondary goal is be Kingmaker -- because that's what Midori is all about. She wants to get as close to the top as possible.

Zaer Darkwail

One question on moving troops in unclaimed territory; you do not roll dice for conflict and you just 'take' the area (but it takes one your actions none the less). Anyways setup looks interesting and Midori I can definitely see that upon surrender on her clan's demise whores herself (plainly speaking) to the victor and then work from there push her conqueror to get the throne (after all she was raised to marry a emperor's son and work her plots/games in court through her husband).

Zahard

Hopefully it won't come to that. I'm sure we can all chat it up. I doubt it's in anyone's best interest to get into a grudge match immediately with one another

Aiden

Has the final spot been filled yet? This game is feeding my risk cravings.

Zahard

Quote from: Aiden on September 11, 2017, 10:29:37 AM
Has the final spot been filled yet? This game is feeding my risk cravings.

The GM hasn't approved my clan yet, but if it's approved all clan slots have been filled. There are plenty of open spots for characters in any of the factions, however. Some of the clans' lead characters don't do the conquering thing so well, so maybe you can still scratch it by jumping in as a general for someone?

It also wouldn't hurt to submit your clan application, just in case mine doesn't make the cut.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, so far most clan leaders are not that hardcore on warfare skills so a general type of char would be welcome addition :)

Aiden

I may shoot for a general then. I'll take a closer look at the clans.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Zahard on September 11, 2017, 06:29:11 AM
Is there still room for another clan?

If there isn't, I'm alright with just rolling with the character, and editing her to fit into another clan. She'd make a good diplomat/administrator.
Clan
Clan Mon:
Clan Name: Clan Oshiro
Clan Ruler: Midori Oshiro
Trait: Agricultural
Clan History: Once the overseer of the ricebasket of the Empire, when the Aka Ka were granted lands the Oshiro saw it as a massive slight against them. Regardless of its truth, the Oshiro are whispered to have been behind the succession crisis Shindo is currently experiencing, a long-awaited payback for the wealth taken from them. The Oshiro deny it profusely -- however, they do see the current crisis as an opportunity to assert familial (albeit ancient) ties to the throne.

Looks good.

Quote from: Zahard on September 11, 2017, 06:29:11 AM

Territory Map

Blinks

I admire your massive balls, sir.  Let's see how this plays out.

What happens if you invade an undefended territory -- or is there always a chance to defend an area?
Assuming NO General is dispatched to defend it?  You just take it--but specific territory defense orders are anti-Raid maneuvers, so long as they're not committed to a battle elsewhere (i.e.: on the offensive) generals can hop in to defend.

Also, what if you're engaged in an action that requires a die roll, but you have no points in the relevant skill?
If you've got a relevant item you can still tap it.  Otherwise, you're so useless at the skill as to literally do more harm than good even involving yourself in whatever process.

You wouldn't send a violent drunkard to file your 501(c), but you might send him to the back alley stab-em-up.  He can help you in one of those two places.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 11, 2017, 08:10:46 AM
One question on moving troops in unclaimed territory; you do not roll dice for conflict and you just 'take' the area (but it takes one your actions none the less).

This is correct, so "painting the map" will still take time.

With the approval of Clan Oshiro we no longer have available clan slots, but we still need Yunar Exiles and Krai Folk characters.

Faeli

Quote from: Jezabelle on September 11, 2017, 12:41:27 PM
Assuming NO General is dispatched to defend it?  You just take it--but specific territory defense orders are anti-Raid maneuvers, so long as they're not committed to a battle elsewhere (i.e.: on the offensive) generals can hop in to defend.

Also, unless I am misunderstanding, do note that the River Valley Bandits, not being an actual clan, just sort of pop up and raid any province on the map irrespective of actually bordering the River Valley Stronghold, so it is possible (albeit unlikely) that an uncontested invasion would happen to intercept (or be intercepted) by a bandit raid :)

Jez:  If that happens, do the bandits actually fight as if it were an invasion (although they can't actually seize territory) or does the raid just kinda fail?  Additionally, how does the capturing of officers work?  The rules for battle don't seem to address that

I apologize for making you make decisions just because I had to be difficult and invent a new type of force :P

FollonStars

Name: Jaha Mizushima
Sexuality (IC): Bisexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-con is always welcome, preferably ask for F/F
Physical Description: Jaha is a short, slender woman, standing just over 5'3". She is a developed young lady, with a fairish sized chest and well-rounded hips. Her hair is in long, dreadlocked braids, with small daggers weaved into the ends for hazardous situations. Her body is agile and pliant as opposed to being thick and unyielding, though that is not to say she is without strength.
Personal History: Her mother and father were attendants of the Faerie shrines on the small island she called home, and because of their influence, has become a stout believer in the Gods, spirits, and fates of this world. Her parents, friends, and neighbors were killed by raiding Rivervalley bandits, for which she seeks vengeance. Even through her parents' death and the savagery of these bandits, she kept her faith in the Gods, and has become a stronger woman, in mind, soul, and body because of her hardship. Jaha wishes to lead the remaining Krai Folk to a future where people can live in peace with nature and the Gods, and not fear for their lives from savages and monsters.

Culture: Krai Folk
Ethnicity: Krai

(you may have up to 5 stars in each skill, you begin with 7 stars to spend across the three as you see fit--you may have zero stars in a skill)
Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐

Growth Stars:  ⭐⭐⭐ (you use these to increase stats at the end of the year if your Clan has the right building)

FollonStars

If there's a problem with anything in my profile, let me know :) But I would like to be the leader of the Krai Folk. Are there any other Krai as of now?

Jezabelle

Quote from: Faeli on September 11, 2017, 12:45:28 PM
Jez:  If that happens, do the bandits actually fight as if it were an invasion (although they can't actually seize territory) or does the raid just kinda fail?  Additionally, how does the capturing of officers work?  The rules for battle don't seem to address that

When you've ante'd all your Units and still lost, you've got to make a Hard (16) Warfare roll to escape.  Otherwise escaping from a losing battle is Easy (6) Warfare.  You're right, that isn't but should be in the rules.

As for the raid situation, your unique status creates situations the rules did not anticipate.  Suffice to say warfare between two Clans will make it easier to burn the countryside but an army moving into a region you're looking to raid will actually kind of cock block you--you'll still get to make the raid attempt but the invading General(s) will get a chance to block the raid attempt as though they were Defending against Raids in the region.

If someone defends against a raid and the raider wins, I could include a chance for the Defender to be kidnapped--but I think the player in question would have to agree OOC because otherwise the Defend action just got dangerous af.

Quote from: FollonStars on September 11, 2017, 12:58:12 PM
Name: Jaha Mizushima
Sexuality (IC): Bisexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-con is always welcome, preferably ask for F/F
Physical Description: Jaha is a short, slender woman, standing just over 5'3". She is a developed young lady, with a fairish sized chest and well-rounded hips. Her hair is in long, dreadlocked braids, with small daggers weaved into the ends for hazardous situations. Her body is agile and pliant as opposed to being thick and unyielding, though that is not to say she is without strength.
Personal History: Her mother and father were attendants of the Faerie shrines on the small island she called home, and because of their influence, has become a stout believer in the Gods, spirits, and fates of this world. Her parents, friends, and neighbors were killed by raiding Rivervalley bandits, for which she seeks vengeance. Even through her parents' death and the savagery of these bandits, she kept her faith in the Gods, and has become a stronger woman, in mind, soul, and body because of her hardship. Jaha wishes to lead the remaining Krai Folk to a future where people can live in peace with nature and the Gods, and not fear for their lives from savages and monsters.

Culture: Krai Folk
Ethnicity: Krai

Bureaucracy: ⭐⭐

Approved with the understanding that Krai Folks leadership is not guaranteed, at game start there will be a vote of all players in the Krai Folks clan (but not racially/culturally Krai Folk, just those in the clan) to see who will lead their people.  The same thing will be done for the Yunar Exiles.

They're not democracies and from that point forward you'd be a ruler just like any other, but you cannot call dibsies--I'd recommend recruiting more Krai Folk and networking with any Krai Folk you see join up to establish and maintain a strong base of support for your rulership.

Faeli

Quote from: Jezabelle on September 11, 2017, 01:40:48 PM
If someone defends against a raid and the raider wins, I could include a chance for the Defender to be kidnapped--but I think the player in question would have to agree OOC because otherwise the Defend action just got dangerous af.

Understood!  I will say that no one who gets captured will be killed, or even detained from playing the game.  I'm something of a seventh wheel in all this and I don't want to impact the actual players ^_^

There will, of course, be some non-con fun in the bandit camp.  We're all pretty fed up with imperialist pricks liviing the good life at our expense, and so a fetching general will likely find her way back to her people with a rather bow-legged stance

Jezabelle

And here's what will probably be the final pre-game map!

Map

We could really use about a dozen characters total, considering as Clans get conquered\people get captured and allegiances shift\betrayals play out they will eventually congeal into less than the starting 6ix teams it's OK if we begin with 2 per Clan but I'd like about that much.  Once we've reached an acceptable number of characters I'll give a 24hr warning that we'll be starting the game.

Current plan is a General RP with tagging, Turn thread for player actions/Clan Orders and IC descriptions of how they're carried out, and then Combat thread for war-fighting. 

Things that get sufficiently one-vs-one people want to pursue as its own thing can be taken "out of time" to either pms or a solo rp, so the General RP doesn't become 20 pages of the same two people fucking--although I'm not prohibiting fucking in the General Thread, just use discretion as to how much space you're eating up.  Enough orange [News] that don't even potentially pertain to someone has sunk many a GG.

Zahard

You excited? I'm excited.

Hey, Jez, I'm assuming we should hold off on diplomacy stuff until the game starts, but just to be sure, I figured I'd ask.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Zahard on September 11, 2017, 04:55:28 PM
You excited? I'm excited.

Hey, Jez, I'm assuming we should hold off on diplomacy stuff until the game starts, but just to be sure, I figured I'd ask.

Pregame diplo allowed/encouraged, Roleplay wise consider it your pre-existing grudges and dispositions towards one another pre-Death of the Emperor.  Game Year Zer0 is literally gonna be the year after the Emperor dies and the ensuing chaos.