PM Monster

Started by Ritsu, July 14, 2013, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ritsu

I've been messaging someone here on E, and every now and then for some reason unknown to us she wont receive any messages from me. After getting in touch with her another way and having her send one to me, the she'll start getting the ones that follow, but not the ones that went missing.

Did the dryer monster evolve into a PM monster when I wasn't looking?

Oniya

Are you able to bring up the missing messages in your 'Sent Items' screen?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

There are various glitches in the PM system that should be ironed out when the new programming goes into effect.  I, for instance, have my PM count showing as a certain number and not going any higher.  I deleted a PM the other day and the count went down by 1 then up by one on the next incoming PM and is still stuck at that number.

Veks is probably the one to address this question to.

Ritsu

Quote from: Oniya on July 14, 2013, 03:46:43 PM
Are you able to bring up the missing messages in your 'Sent Items' screen?
I have my PM box set up in conversation mode, and I can see the messages sent there, as well as receiving the green "Your message has been sent successfully" box when I do send one. Goes to check your specific question.

Yes, they exist there as well.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 14, 2013, 03:49:38 PM
There are various glitches in the PM system that should be ironed out when the new programming goes into effect.  I, for instance, have my PM count showing as a certain number and not going any higher.  I deleted a PM the other day and the count went down by 1 then up by one on the next incoming PM and is still stuck at that number.

Veks is probably the one to address this question to.
Nods Okies. Should I just wait for him to view the topic, or flag it in some special way, or just shoot him a PM with a link here?

Thank you as well!

Beguile's Mistress

You could probably send him a PM about it and give him the link here.  He gets around to all the new threads as he can but he's a busy feller and may not see it for a while.  It could be something that is a quick fix or something that might have to wait on the new system.  He can let you know. :-)

Ritsu

Will do! Thanks so much BeMi. You as well Oniya.  :D

Vekseid

Did she ever delete any labels?

I can force her pm box to behave, somewhat.

Ritsu

I don't know if she has or not. I can have her PM you if you'd like and you can check with her.

Vekseid

Well not much I can do if I don't know who she is :-p

Ritsu

:-[ Oops. Its lilhobbit37. Sorry about that.

Peripherie

I've been having a different kind of PM issue. I have my options set to receive the pop-up notification when I have a new PM. But in the last two days I have been getting the pop-up (and the red "1 of which is new" notification at the top of the page), even after I have read the PM. This usually goes on for 2-3 new pages / refreshes.

All of which makes me think I'm a whole lot more popular than I really am! X.X (And I keep being afraid I've missed some new message.)

Anyone else having this issue? It has happened when accessing E from both my traditional comp. browser (Win 8, Firefox) and my iPad Safari browser.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore