Power Rangers: Stolen World

Started by Sabby, December 22, 2010, 07:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

In the year 2012, a shadow fell upon our planet. What was first thought to be a colossal space ship had settled in our orbit, a space ship that rivalled Earth's size. But this had not always been a space ship. It was a planet, Niberus. It's inhabitants had built upon it, made it their home and vessel, and had come to us. They made their intentions violently clear.

Earth was overwhelmed in weeks, and the Power Rangers fell, one by one. Only one member remained, and managed to recover all of his dead comrades Power Coins. While he could not hide the technology of the Morpher's, he did his best to make sure they couldn't tap into the Morphing Grid. He set out with the coins and scattered them around the continent. During the later days of Earth's fall, this last Ranger was caught and killed, and the invaders from Niberus claimed two Power Coins, Yellow, and Blue.

What was left of the human population was brutally suppressed. We lived in the ruins of our cities, hungry, afraid, and hopeless. We fought each other as much as our occupants, for food, living space, and many other excuses to lash out. Those who tried to change things were taken to the mines, the factories, or even to Niberus. They needed us for something, but no one knew what.

They used the two captured Power Coins to abuse the Morphing Grid, and the technology of their foot soldiers started to change. Orange power, like a tainted yellow, would show through their weapons and their visors, while the elite units would show off blue that was almost a black light.

We went through several generations of this. Soon, only the oldest of us could remember when the skies were clear and when the Niberian's had not controlled us.

Later, fewer soldiers appeared. Their ranks were being strengthened by our own. Men and women, sick of how they were forced to live, gave themselves up to the Niberian's for the drug N-Gauge. It eradicated all feelings of hunger and sleep, and with it went their compassion. Their eyes would blaze with orange light and their voices changed so that we no longer heard our friends and family... as they beat and harassed us.

Attempts at organized resistance were rare, and never successful. I've grown up in this hopeless life, and have no reason to hate my own kind any less then I do our enslavers. I know something that they don't want us to... they're desperate. That planet they live in? It's dead, and they are too if they don't find another to transform. They want ours, and they can't even leave if they wanted to. How do I know this?

Wrong place, wrong time. I never was very lucky.

Power Rangers: Stolen World follows a young woman raised in the occupation, beaten and starved by Niberian's and Humans alike. She was beaten for being in the way of a small, covert convoy slipping through an alleyway, and her beating was interrupted by a Resistance ambush. Their precious cargo, the Red Power Coin, in a Niberian designed Morpher, fell at her feet, and she became the new Red Ranger.

Stolen World is a darker chapter of Power Ranger's, with less organization, only a few Rangers, more ruthless and frightening enemies, and a much larger emphasis on gunplay. Many weapons will be both melee and ranged at once, while many enemies will have dependable shielding options.

You will be fighting the N-Gauge addicts, super strong and brutal. N-Ghouls, standard 'Putty' class soldiers, weak and in large groups, with melee and ranged capabilities, but no shielding. N-Ghasts, the Elite class, with heavy shielding against ranged and powerful melee and ranged. N-Creeps, agile and weak units that slink up walls and cling to any surface, like skittering ranged infantry. And soon, Dakon (Day-Kon) will assume command of the oppression, bringing with him a much more terrifying and brutal enemy, one even the Red Ranger and the future holders of the lost Power Coins will have trouble facing.

With every warehouse you destroy, every mine you liberate, and every outpost you bring down, more and more people will follow. This is your world. Show the N-Forces that your not sharing.

Helenia

i am intrigued by this RP so will add in my interest now.
How are you addressing remaining Rangers, have all the coins been found? Or will we be finding them?
Do we even play as Rangers in this and more a human element lead by the Red Ranger? 

Empyrean

Laughing Hyena

This might actually be one of the most awesome things I have ever laid eyes on! *drrroooool* Anyway I assume this would be the Zyuranger types we speak of since it mentions coins and the morphing grid or is this a new set of rangers completely from the ground up?

Sabby

To answer Hyena, I'm pretty sure all Power Ranger groups use Coins in whatever technology is their Morphers. To answer Helenia, the Black and Pink Power Coins are still hidden from the Niberians. Memories from the Red Coin will help you lead you to them. The Green Coin will be fought over at some point.

I'm very proud of Haydon though ^^ Won't spoil anything (I'm actually capable of keeping surprises, hehe) but I will say that he and his forces are not Niberians. They are allies of them, and scare the crap out of them.

This will still be going by an episode to episode basis, with 'monster of the week' encounters split up by the occasional plot furthering episode. Red Ranger will be befriended by ordinary humans with second hand rip off Power Rangers technology (the result of Niberus getting their hands on Coins Blue and Yellow)

I'm going to be game leader, so the bad guys will be at my command, and I'll be writing the story :) I pictured Red Ranger having a bladed halberd that fired lasers from the blade end, but I'm not playing her :)

Laughing Hyena

Are all the rangers female by chance? And I'll try for the black ranger slot.

Sabby

That'd be a bit sexist xD I'm thinking one of them could be a Niberian, actually :) a good one.

Laughing Hyena

Someone who doesn't fall for the double standard!? Anyway what happened to all the human males? Anyway would these rangers have different powers and such? I wanna know more about the rangers and their potential powers themselves.

Sabby

I'm thinking there could be a female human, a male human, and a Niberian. Because if we're having super powered drugged up human traitors, there's not much point in keeping the home team the typical stereotypes of goody goods either.

The powers themselves are open to discussion. The typical abilities will be there, enhanced speed and strength and reflexes, increased resistance to physical damage, super jumping, wall scaling, inherent knowledge of melee combat and guns. Like with the Power Rangers in general, if you knew how to fight in real life, that will help you a great deal, but the Coins themselves can teach you the basics instantly the first time you Morph, while your actual style will change depending on you. A fist fighter, for instance, is already going to know what he's doing and have bare knuckle style, while someone whose not a fighter but carries messages for the Resistance is going to slowly develop a combination of basic martial arts merged with parkour and acrobatics.

The powers themselves come in three flavours. Melee, ranged, and shielding. Melee is your bladed weapon, ranged the gun that's worked into it, and shielding the sturdy curtain of energy you can summon with your wrist. It's not made to withstand huge punishment, only the occasional gun burst or to soften the blow of a bigger attack. But all weapons have three stages of power.

First stage is standard, you swing it, it hits people. Second stage, it powers up and does huge damage, wider radius, lets you perform your special attack (halberd, for instance, could let you slam the bottom onto the pavement and send out a shockwave across the floor, or the gun on it could be powered up to fire an almost gattling gun like volley). Level 3 is dangerous, and can overload you, so only use when desperate.

Your still hugely outnumbered, and the second you Morph, Niberus has a lock on you. The longer you fight, the harder it will get. In true 'Resistance' fashion, you have to hit hard and fast, then gtfo.

I'm sure you can find your own unique powers though :) each Ranger could have one or two special skills, like they did with RPM, one stopping time, one haviing a temporary shield, one with ice, one with fire...

Laughing Hyena

What are the Niberians and what would they look like? And of course one of the all important issues would be the standard "make my monster grow" and the zords  or giant freaking mechs or at least one of them

I have a feeling this premise is going to be win of the highest level so when the character sheet is filed out I am certain to fill it out. And that power axe would double as a very kick ass shotgun/R.P.G

Sabby

Shotgun? That's workable. RPG? Shotgun beefed up to level 2 or 3 would be the same thing xD

So I take it you're after the Red Ranger role?

I'm not certain on the Zords yet. I want to include them, but the game is already pretty big :/

Okay, Niberians... tall, slender, and surprisingly weak. They're thinkers, not fighters. Slaves and robots do the heavy work. Very fast though. Clawed fingers, round red eyes that blink like a lizards, grey scales that flash green and bronze in the light, under developed fins on the forearms, ankles and back. No visible mouth or nostrils, small slits in the pink, fleshy neck. Speak through telepathy. Fantastic sense of touch. Using a hand on solid scenery is like scanning every small vibration in a huge radius.

Majority of them are in stasis, though some remain able to speak from their pods so that they can oversee events and instruct the ship. Clearly, Earth appeals because of it's oceans.

DigitLninja

I am interested in taking the roll of the human male ranger. I have a good idea for him that I will PM you about Sabby.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Laughing Hyena

Nah. Don't play females and you stated the red ranger was a female character. I was planning on being a human black ranger.

SinXAzgard21

So, I have watched almost every season of the rangers saga and I'd like to throw up my interest in this game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Sabby

Okay, I'm getting ready to post the game, so I need to set out who has what role. We need a female Red, a male Green, and a Niberian Black.

Hyena came to me with an awesome idea for Black. Do you want to take the role still Hyena? :) 

Laughing Hyena

I actually wanted to be a human black ranger to be perfectly honest. :-) But yes I do want the part still

Sabby

That can work, but I had an idea that I'll PM you. Tell me what you've decided afterwards :)

Sabby

Oops. My bad, it was actually Digitalninja that had the Black Ranger idea. Got you two confused >.< Since you both want the Black role.

Well, DN wanted the Black Ranger to be a mysterious Batman sort of character, a Power Ranger that never demorphs and never sticks around to talk, constantly stalking and fighting the Niberians and then dashing off as quick as he came.

I was thinking that a Niberian, who's physiology was slowed down by the long stasis, was testing a modified Black suit that would draw a slow but steady and constant stream of power from the Morphing Grid. If a normal Ranger is an explosion, then this guy would be a forest fire. Of course, he'd go rogue and become The Black Knight.

At least, that was my idea :) thoughts?

DigitLninja

we could just say that the other power coin is green instead of pink and then not be specific to gender.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Sabby

That works :) so, we need Red, Green, and Black. Red is female, both others are male, but one is Niberian. So who wants what?

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Sabby

Looks like there's no possible way to do this without cutting a few people out and keeping open slots for guest villains :/ So I want everyone to send me a character sheet. Make it as basic or as detailed as you like, and if you don't get in, hang around the OOC thread and I'll find a way to get you on board down the road :)

Laughing Hyena

I thought the humans weren't wanting to share with the niberians. In either case what rangers remain? I had hoped for the black ranger but now it seems thats not possible. And the green ranger was already grabbed and finally the red ranger is female which I don't play. So Im boned.

PS - Actually thats not entirely true. *Ponders* Could play the white (sixth) ranger possibly.

Sabby

Nothings taken Hyena. Not yet. It's why I asked for people to PM me a character sheet. Tell me your preferred role, but please include a second preference as well.

Also, to answer your question, yes, the people fucking hate the Niberians. Which is why I wanted one as a Ranger. DN's suggestion for a rogue Black Ranger fit with the idea very nicely, so I want to incorporate them, but not if it means forcing anyone into a particular character :) about the only thing I am forcing is Red Ranger being a girl. I REALLY want a rogue Niberia Black Ranger, but I won't push that if no one wants to play it.

So, Red, Green, Black. Send character sheets. Include a back up sheet. If you don't get picked, you'll get a guest character. Good luck.