News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Force Unleashed: Wii

Started by Sabby, April 13, 2008, 05:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Lately, more details are coming out about the Wii version of Star Wars Force Unleashed. When you have a console like the Wii, you almost immediately realize that Lightsabres and Force powers would work great with it. Most FU details were on the heavy platforms, the XB360 and the PS3.

I've been skeptic... I'm no programmer, but a game that runs so heavily on massive amounts of physics simulation (dynamic motion synthesis, destructible, realistic matter, large scale destruction, massive amounts of dynamic ragdolls and breaking metal, glass, ect all at once) would need some grunt... and I wouldn't think the Wii has that 'grunt'

But now that the Wii version is getting shown off a little, I gotta stand here corrected. It looks just as fantastic as the 360 and PS3 versions. Not graphically, of course, but I see the same insane amount of simulation. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I would gladly sacrifice the shiny graphics for some Wiimote controlled gameplay :) the control scheme sounds solid, with the Nunchaku being Force and the Wiimote being Sabre, and simple actions like a forward jab of the Nunchaku Force Pushing.

Even the bigger Force Repulse, which can slowly charge and then destroy an entire room, is done by leaping in the air, holding two buttons down, and bringing both your controllers down hard and holding it that way. That particular move is going to be funny to pull off with friends :) everyone loves to pretend they're going Super Saiyen around drunk buddies.

SerpentKiss

I'm too much of a graphics nut. I'd love my FMVs too much. I'd prefer my gameplay to be slightly more limited, like not interacting with the background as much, as long as I got my lovely FMV'd story

Sabby

SerpentKiss

The little videos you get during it, that look like the Final Fantasy movies or.... *thinks of a quick reference* When Tidus is playing that ball game when Sin attacks the city in FF10. They're the FMVs...I love how they tell the story.

Sabby

.........cut scenes? o.o what do they have to do with 360/Wii comparison?

SerpentKiss

If the graphics aren't as good on the Wii, then the cut-scenes might be bad..sometimes when a game adjusts the gameplay, the cut-scenes become awful and blotchy and polygony...