Favourite Beer (or other alchoholic beverage of choice)

Started by paraplu, January 22, 2011, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dana eleanor

I don't like beer, but I will drink half a glass of whatever wine my mom's having that night, and I actually enjoy some of them. Not a big drinker, so it's just every once in a while. No need to go overboard.

peaceinpangea

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 02, 2011, 06:12:29 AM
Oh Lord, "The Kraken" is one of the worst rums out there.  I would stick to the clear rums.  Spiced rum can just wreck havoc on a good drink.

Although, I do love me some Captain Morgan.

That is why I should never be allowed to purchase any alcohol, I am always seduced by their bottles! I couldn't pass over a bottle with octopus/squid tentacles for arms. D:
Call me Pip.

Oreo

Guinness extra stout on the beer. Yukon Jack for the hard stuff and Gallianno my choice of liqueur. Too bad I am supposed to abstain now D:

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

dana eleanor

I saw the bottle yesterday and I was all, "I would never drink that shit."

Silverfyre

Quote from: peaceinpangea on August 02, 2011, 12:24:32 PM
That is why I should never be allowed to purchase any alcohol, I am always seduced by their bottles! I couldn't pass over a bottle with octopus/squid tentacles for arms. D:

You and me both.  I kept the bottle, chipped the liquor into some friends.  :P

Maeven

Quote from: Sabby on August 01, 2011, 04:13:49 PM
Beers disgusting. I've been to parties where theres a bathtub in the yard and everyone must bring something to empty into it. I'm a fussy drinker, so I didn't touch it.

That's disgusting! I can't even believe someone could come up with that? Not to mention that it's inevitable that someone actually ends up in the tub?

That's as bad as a mat drink - you know those ones where the bartender pours whatever's on that little rubber mat where they mix drinks into a glasss and serves it up... Yuck!

But as for good stuff, I really like Stella, mojitos and vodka/tonic with lime. And red wine. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Oniya

Quote from: Maeven on August 02, 2011, 01:59:47 PM
That's disgusting! I can't even believe someone could come up with that? Not to mention that it's inevitable that someone actually ends up in the tub?

Now there's an alcohol poisoning case waiting to happen.  Although I'm not sure if it's from someone being poisoned by the alcohol, or the alcohol being poisoned by the frat-boy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Maeven

Quote from: Oniya on August 02, 2011, 02:34:50 PM
Now there's an alcohol poisoning case waiting to happen.  Although I'm not sure if it's from someone being poisoned by the alcohol, or the alcohol being poisoned by the frat-boy.

Well the latter would most definitely depend on the, err, attributes of the frat-boy!
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

I saw an episode of Viva La Bam once where they all set up a minging trailer park by a creek and Novak, the heroine addict with every STD listed and some yet to be discovered, laid down in a bath tub and they poured creek water in. The kind so full of fermented life its practically opague. He bathed in that, left, got dried, and then another guy, Raab, came by and started mixing moonshine in the same tub.

Now, I thought they just did this for a laugh... but Raab ended up drinking of an entire mouthful and ever since then if I see any drink the same colour (it was kind of like dirty ginger ale) I have this over powering urge to vomit.

dana eleanor

I remember that episode. I almost threw up watching it.

CheetahInAfrica

Beer: Kilkenny
Schnaps: Slyrs
Longdrink: Long Island Ice Tea
Wine: Beaujolais
Laugh and the whole world will laugh with you!
Weep and you will weep alone!

The city changes, but the fools within are always the same.

Haloriel

The best thing I've ever had was a Dom Pérignon: year 1978.  For my tenth wedding anniversary I've been promised a 40 year old Glenfiddich.  I adore dark, dry stouts like Guinness - on the tap, thank you and pulled properly; and microbreweries.  My favourite wine is Merlot, and I'm a Jameson's girl - if I can get the fifteen year old variety I am a happy woman.  Midleton also is a good buddy.

bandit

I have recently fallen in love with Dead Guy Ale. I'm pretty sure Rogue makes it. Fantastic beer that's sort of light but still has a ton of flavor. Best on tap.
the smiling bandit strikes again! haHahA

Read the deeper side of bandit here! Or just his o/o's here.

This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

Slaven

Hpnotq mixed with mountain dew for me!
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Will

Hpnotiq + cognac is pretty good.  Turns bright green, and is called an Incredible Hulk.  Heh.

And speaking of Mountain Dew, a friend of mine had a drink the other night that she swore tasted just like it.  It was a Long Island iced tea, but swapped the cola for Midori and Sprite.  If I hadn't been driving, I would have tried it myself.

I picked up some of New Belgium's fall seasonal, Hoptober, today.  It's pretty tasty. :)
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Slaven

Quote from: Will on September 08, 2011, 05:45:01 PM
Hpnotiq + cognac is pretty good.  Turns bright green, and is called an Incredible Hulk.  Heh.

And speaking of Mountain Dew, a friend of mine had a drink the other night that she swore tasted just like it.  It was a Long Island iced tea, but swapped the cola for Midori and Sprite.  If I hadn't been driving, I would have tried it myself.

I picked up some of New Belgium's fall seasonal, Hoptober, today.  It's pretty tasty. :)

Haha. Well, if you take about 2/3 Mountain Dew and 1/3 HP, it tastes like a sweetened mountain dew. You can taste the alcohol at all. When I'm having friends over, it's always the drink of choice. By far better than anything I've ever had at a bar or club and I mixed it the first time on accident myself. :P

Ryuja Tsukikage

Personally I prefer rums, but none of the clear rums that you get out there. Mainly Captain Morgan, Kraken, Barton (terrible to shot drink, but not bad in a mixer) and a few others. I do like drinking whiskey straight actually, I feel fancy somehow with it!

Beer... I have a love/hate relationship with. Not the best tasting stuff at all, but drink about 15 of them and I'm lit. I do like me some Guinness, Blue Moon, Pyramid, Heffeweisen and a few others. I can't stand that draft stuff like Miller or Budweiser, they just suck.

Slaven

I can't stand beer personally..The taste is horrible and it's totally not worth the amount I need to get 'settled'.

Izzie Aditi

Not the biggest beer fan, but Jupiler always goes down well *nods*
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Vergil Tanner

Jack Daniels neat for the win :D Although, I don't win many drinking contests with that...XD I keed, I keed. I always drink the same thing as them.
I'm new, BTW. Hi :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Oniya

I like using Midori and honeydew melons to make nuclear melon balls.  Poke a hole into the melon just large enough for the bottle neck, all the way into the cavity.  Plonk the melon on top of the bottle, flip it over and stick it in the fridge overnight.  The next day, most of the liqueur (if not all) will have absorbed into the melon.

Will

I've typically heard that done using watermelon and vodka, but yours sounds like a better combination.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Keelan

Agreed, the Midori would blend VERY well with the existing melon.

Now... Favorite drinks of mine... well, for beers I'm a Heinekin and and Newcastle fan, and harder drinks I'll drink good-quality vodkas or blended whiskeys straight in a glass, and mixed my favorite are Screwdrivers (Vodka, Orange Juice, Splash Grenadine) and the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey in a 1:5 part mix with fresh apple juice (not sure if it's got a name or anything, but I call it an Honey Applejack :3)

Slaven

Quote from: Oniya on September 12, 2011, 03:42:05 PM
I like using Midori and honeydew melons to make nuclear melon balls.  Poke a hole into the melon just large enough for the bottle neck, all the way into the cavity.  Plonk the melon on top of the bottle, flip it over and stick it in the fridge overnight.  The next day, most of the liqueur (if not all) will have absorbed into the melon.

I actually tried this. Big thumbs up!