Fantasy Transformation Battle Arena

Started by Rune, September 24, 2012, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

Throughout the realms of possibility a battle rages to decide the fate of all universes. The fighters have been gathered from all origins for face each other in the Arena of Creation. Here they will match their strength of body, their magical powers and their ability to seduce their foes in an attempt to become the champions of the arena.

Those that win in battle gain reputation and the ability to change themselves as they see fit. Those that lose will be changed to match the victor's desires.

This game is consist of a series of arena battles where the opponents try to outfight or out seduce each other. The winner may either have the loser fight for him in another arena match, or her may elect to spent some 'personal' time with the vanquished.

PrestaDGTation

I'm curious about this.  I have an arena character cooked up, but feel free to PM me more stipulations as they arise.  If it get's off the ground, I'd like to play!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Videospirit

How are you going to be handling this? Completely freeform?

Sussurus

To quote Oglaf:

"And how do you win at sex?"  ;D

Rune

Definately not freeform. I prefer a little actual competition compared to preplanned results.

I was planning on using a slightly modified and greatly simplified verson of MEGS, the system that used to be used for DC Heroes.

I envision battles going something like this...

The lithe elven maiden looked across the sands of the desert arena at the muscular barbarian before her. Her name was Megan, and not for the first time, she wondered who she had come to be here. Fortunately, not only was she skilled at magic, but she was also very quick. She hoped that her quickness would be enough to stay one step ahead of the savage man.

(Megan, the elven girl has the higher initiative so she goes first)

Hoping to end the fight before it began, Megan reached out her senses to contact the storm elementals. Just as the barbarian started to move, she brought up her hand. Jagged blue-white bolts of energy lanced out, burning the barbarians loose shirt. Unfortunately the barbarian was too quick and managed to duck beneath her magical lightning.

(Megan choses to attack with her magic stats. Unfortunately she rolled low for her attack and missed.)

With a fluid motion, the barbarian shed his ruined shirt revealing a muscular body that was bronzed from the desert sun. With the grace and power of a lion, he pounced forward. His powerful hands grabbed the slender girl by the upper arms and took her to the ground where he used his formidable strength to pin her on the sands.

(The barbarian decides to make a physical attack. He rolls high enough to succeed and Megan's resistance is reduced.)

Pinned beneath the powerful man, the elven girl could feel his body pressed against her. His muscles felt as hard as rock, his arms were as bands of iron. Desparately, she writhed as she tried to escape. She was unaware of just what feelings she caused in the barbarian as she squirmed beneath him.

(Not wanting to rely upon her physical strength to fight back. Megan fights back with her girlish charms resulting in a seduction roll. She succeed, wearing down the barbarians resistance.)

The barbarian let out a low growl as he felt the girl squirming beneath him. She was a tempting morsel. He no longer wanted to conquer her, he wanted to induldge in all the pleasures she could bring. He savagely grabbed her hair and pulled her towards him, his mouth meeting hers in a savage passionate kiss.

(Having used a physical attack last turn, the Barbarian tried a different tactic. Although not as skilled as his physical attack, the Barbarian rolled a critical success. Checking damage, it is enough to drop Megan's resistance to zero.)

Hating herself for her weakness, Megan felt the hot breath of the barbarian against her neck, then his lips were crushing her. His animal savagry was intoxicating. Despite herself, she found herself tenderly wrapping her arms around him, giving herself to him.

Having won the match, the Barbarian is granted the power to change both himself and his opponent. He decides that he is satisfied with his stats as they are, however he decides that he wants to change his race and become a minotaur. Grinning at his opponent, he decides that he likes his woman weak but passionate. He reduces her strength stat, but increases her passion stat. Instead of giving her a physical change, he imposes a mental change on her instead. "From now on, you will call me 'Master'." he commands her.

He could choose to have her fight for him for her next fight, but sometimes companionship is worth more than reputation. He chooses to have a private scene with her instead of using her as a fighter.

Rune

Looking to get four plus players before we begin. If there is enough interest, I will create the game.

Sussurus

Are there guidelines for character creation available?

Rune

I will post full details when I create the character creation thread.

Basically there are nine stats. Three physical, three magic and three seduction. Each group has an action stat, a power stat and a resistance stat. The stats will look something like this...

Action      Power      Resistance
Physical     Reflexes   Strength  Endurance
Magical      Influence  Mana       Spirit
Seduction  Charm      Passion    Will

Then you have three arrays of numbers 8/6/4, 7/5/3 and 6/4/2. You can choose one category for each (row or collumn and assign the numbers. For example, the barbarian in the combat example takes the first set and applies it to the Power column, he allocates the numbers so that his Str is 8, his passion is 6 and his Mana is 4. He continues with the next two sets until all the stats are assigned. His finished stat block looks like...

Action        Power         Resistances
Physical     Reflexes 6   Strength 8  Endurance 7
Magical      Influence 2  Mana 4       Spirit 5
Seduction  Charm  4     Passion 6    Will 3

Initiative: 12
Tactics: 18
Total Resistance:15

The barbarian is very physical, but weak in attacking with magic and cannot defend against seduction very well.

The elf in the example allocates by row insead. Starting with Magic, she decides on Influence of 8, Mana of 6 and a Spirit of 4. She continues assigning stats until complete. Her stat block is..

Action        Power          Resistances
Physical     Reflexes 6    Strength 2   Endurance 4
Magical      Influence 8   Mana 6       Spirit 4
Seduction  Charm  7      Passion 5    Will 3

Initiative: 21
Tactics: 13
Total Resistance:11

The elf is very quick and very powerful with magic. However she is physically weak and her resistances are low. She is much better at avoiding attacks than taking it.

coolhands

This sounds awesome, i would love to join

Foxy DeVille

You had me at MEGS. My favorite system ever.

Sussurus

Rune

Very Cool. Sounds like there is enough interest. I will start the game threads. Anyone have a better idea for a Game name?

Rune

Zaer Darkwail

I am interested join this game, but how you roll dice in MEGS?

Rune

In MEGS, all dice rolls are 2d10. If you roll doubles you roll again and add. If you roll double ones you automatically fail. The results are then looked up on a table. I will explain more once we get to that stage in the game. RIght now, if you are interested, go ahead and submit a character in the thread linked above and we will get started.

Rune

coolhands

I cant wait to see the combat system, i should have a character up soon.  Its very open on character selection, so its hard to pick.

Vaulera

I am extremely interested in this sort of roleplay! I haven't done any system roleplays but I have played many an rpg, D&D included. Is there still room?

Rune

Nice thing about the arena system is that there is no limit to players. A lot of the game is how you interact with each other, no gm guidance really is needed except to moderate combat and help move things around.

So go ahead and make a character. The more players we have, the more fun we will have.

Vaulera

I don't see the thread, nor the link to the rules actually. Maybe it's a problem on my end, but what sort of link is it?

Rune

Lady Quixote

Hi Rune,

So I'm interested in this game but will probably wait out a combat or two because I don't have a clue on how it really works (even after reading your rule/combat section...I'm good right up to step three, then it kind of all falls apart) and would like to see some in action for 'real'.

I do have a question on the mental changes, how would any of those effect a new combat?  If you give someone High Sex drive, or probably worse submissiveness to a specific gender then get challenged by said gender do you automatically lose?  Or have minuses to your abilities or rolls?

This might end up making it more complicated but you could create a list of features and how they would effect you in combat (ie.  well endowed would give you a bonus to seductive actions against an opponent with your gender listed in their on's section...)

Thanks,
Matt

Rune

At this point, I wasn't going to have it affect combat with the exception of flavor text. Maybe once this game gets going, we can look at modifying it so that it will affect combat. For now, I prefer to keep things simple.

Don't worry about combat for now. The important thing is creating your character. When it comes to combat, I will be there to help guide you through the rules during actual play.

coolhands

For character creation, do they come to the arena with equipment or weapons.  Are weapons allowed even if they provide no bonuses, just as a personal figjting style.  or is it all ment to be unarmed combat.

Zaer Darkwail

I think this point the gear would not matter much. Expect if later we add special gear which adds some bonuses but now there is no difference in do you use fists or excalibur (only description of the attack and effect when it hits).