Romeo & Juliet - Montagues Win!

Started by Autumn Sativus, February 14, 2014, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elina

"As I listen to everyone else, I too will agree.  I have no idea who is the remaining Capulet.  I only know it is not me.  I will change my vote to Izu."

Blythe

"If there are those who believe strongly in the guilt of Izu, who am I to disagree? Perhaps Kerri is innocent after all. I have reconsidered my stance, although I truly do not have a strong idea of who might be guilty," Blythe says.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(9)Izu - Remi, JM, lisar, Kerri, Elina, Bly, MissE, Ryv, Martee
(2)Kerri - Deni, Sunshine
(1)lisar - Izu

Last call!
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Goddess of Night

"I too will change my vote. I hope I'm not wrong about this as I vote up Izu."
My On/Offs

Looking for roleplay partners with ideas. Any takers? Pm me.

Ryven

Izu

Innocent I am... the enemy is still among you. Kill them for me and our dear family...

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Remiel

Bloody hell... why is everyone following my lead?  I don't know anything, people!  Don't trust me!  Shoo! Go away!

* Remiel would change his vote to Kerri to spite them all, except that he had a pact of non-aggression with her.

Autumn Sativus

Perhaps you have learned it without book.
But I pray, can you read anything you see?

It was True, as Izu had told them. He was just another innocent Montague caught in the crossfire of those remaining trying to find the Capulet among them. The culprit must have been well hidden, or very good at telling tales to keep them in the dark so long to their identity. Perhaps Lady Luck was on their side, it seemed it may not be too long before their goals would be accomplished. With the sun going down quickly it was time to sleep, to enjoy the sounds of evening and see what the morn would bring - good news, or bad.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

I mean, sir, in delay.
We waste our lights in vain, like lights by day.
Take our good meaning, for our judgment sits
Five times in that ere once in our fine wits.

Though the bright sounds of morning cast a cheerful din through the room, it was too good to be true as they assembled once again. Their friend, another Montague had not made it through the night. The Capulet having a taste for MistressEvelyn it seemed. The numbers were growing thin, just a few more than a handful of Montagues remaining as the traitor among them slowly picked them off one by one. Another sad day for the Montagues as they quietly began discussing once again who the traitor must be.

Please cast your votes for the final Capulet in bold.
Us against the world

Kerri

I think JM is the last Capulet. I've been wrong before, but I do have reason to believe that he is the last of the Capulets.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

James Moriarty

A reason -- I would be most eager to hear a decisive reason to vote against someone at this point, even myself.  I see no reason not to share it -- if it is convincing, then I will be impressed (and in this case, amazed, as I am most certainly not the last Capulet).

Despite this, I have no reason to suspect Kerri.  Again, appealing to the voting record, my question would be to lisar, the only person remaining to never cast an initial Capulet vote: who do you think did it?  It's a thin reason, but if we're offering reasons, voting record seems to be a good start.

But before I cast my vote, I will also say that I find it strange that there was such a substantial swing in votes following Remiel's.  The last remaining Capulet has a very obvious strategy available to her: to stay in an alliance until the last few rounds.  What better place to hide than in a crowd?  I believe Remiel, Blythe and Martee to be innocent, and MistressEvelyn is alas departed.  So I would wonder who among Ryven, Elina and lisar is the Capulet hiding in the crowd of an alliance?  It could even be Kerri, I suppose, in which case, that would be quite the irony.

The only name to appear twice: lisar.

Blythe

Blythe frowns and says, "I believe that JM makes an excellent point regarding the voting record and alliances. I, too, will cast my vote for lisar."

Elina

I have no alliances, and I am truly a Montague.  I do not believe that JM is a Capulet.  It does not make sense to me.  I will follow the others and vote for lisar.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(4)lisar - JM, Bly, Elina, Ryv
(3)JM - Kerri, lisar, Deni

Yet to Vote
Martee
Remiel
SunshineSparkle
Us against the world

lisar

Yes JM voting record is an excellent place to start.  I assume that you know I have been looking at your record.  It unfortunate that alliances are playing a more important role than facts.

You did once vote for BeMi, but it was when you were one of the last to vote.  Voting for BeMi had no other votes - There was no risk of her being voted out by one of her own.  It was just like a Capulet to offer her up in trade for Juliet - for one additional week.  Excellent game play I'd say - certainly threw me off your scent.

Well Played JM, well played.

Ryven

Denivar

I shall have to vote for James Moriarty.
"If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing

Martee

We were wrong about Izu, and wrong about Rapt.  The last Capulet has hidden themselves well amongst us.  I chose to avoid speaking with anyone else about the suspects this round, so that I could make my choice free and unfettered by the opinions and suspicions of others...

There's so little to go on, but having the other possibilities taken from consideration, the only person whose actions have confused me in the past are lisar's.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(6)lisar - JM, Bly, Elina, Ryv, Martee
(3)JM - Kerri, lisar, Deni

Yet to Vote
Remiel
Us against the world

SunshineSparkle

"Lisar, my apologies if I'm wrong but your last actions had me wondering if you are as innocent as you pretend to be."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Remiel

"My vote is for James Moriarty," said Remiel, after awhile. 

lisar

Lisar looks around the room, taking a moment to look into the eyes of those that voted against her  You may remember that I broke my alliance with Juliet to vote her out.  The right thing to do.  I did not have to do that.  I could have kept my vote with a 3rd person.  I am a Montague.  You will find out.  I can only ask that you apply logic to future votes.  I believe strongly that it is JM and that he threw BeMi to the wolves because she was already on the chopping block. 

Good Luck

James Moriarty

You know, there is a chance that I am wrong, and it is not you, lisar -- then it's two innocents facing each other, just as it has been these prior rounds.

I do not know exactly why you or Kerri suspect me -- you say that my voting record is suspect, but I ask you to think about it another way:  Suppose I were a Capulet, along with Guy, Josi and BeMi.  Suppose then that first Guy was voted out and then the next round, everyone went for BeMi.  What should I do, were I a Capulet?

The apparent answer here is that I should just go with the flow.  That leaves two Capulets on the board, and the chance still to make a lot of progress removing Montagues without any suspicion.  Josietta presumably had an alliance, and there would have been no reason for me to make any waves.  So why would I try to vote out Josietta?  Why would I confront BeMi and essentially out her as another Capulet?  It would leave me in a much worse position -- even granting that Juliet was still alive -- than simply going along with Juliet for a while and riding out a few more rounds in the shadows.

I do not know for certain who the last Capulet is.  I've offered the reasons I have for my own suspicions and I have always voted with those convictions from the start -- not once have I deviated from my decision once I made it.  But the reasons you have presented to suspect me just don't add up.

lisar

It is easy to vote with conviction when you know who the other's in your family are for sure, is it not JM?

You say that the apparent answer is to go with the flow, but as I recall when you were trying to get me to change my vote to get Juliet out, you said that Romeo and Juliet were ruling the roost.  They were the ones that were getting everyone to do what they wished, I would guess you were concerned that your turn would come up in short order.  It would make sense that Juliet would get rid of her family as soon as possible, because then the Montagues would not be sure who she was. 

Was that it JM?  Concerned your number was up?

James Moriarty

I hear what you're saying, lisar, but I don't see that that makes very much sense.  Why would I worry that Josietta would go after me immediately after?  If she did, I would simply out her to everyone, and when I was shown to be a Capulet, she would be the next to go, no?  I would have just told everyone she was Juliet, and then I would have been shown by the vote to actually be in a position to know that.  That play just doesn't make any sense to me.  Am I missing something?