Only War(WH40K Game: Alive, Going strong and accepting characters! )

Started by Urbanzorro, March 02, 2011, 03:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

Work can be unfortunate. As far as suggestions go, We can use just about anything ;D Though there are very few female characters (2 only at this point) but that isn't much of a big deal. As far as what I'd think could make for interesting wargear combos here's a few things. Though obviously these are little more than food for thoughts and in no way what you or anyone else has to make ;D

1: A Scout Marine could easily take a Sniper Rifle and a Shotgun and be quite interesting.

2: A Penal Legionnaire with a Flamer and Demo Charge could be quite effective against both Infantry and 'Hard' targets

3: Storm Troopers can easily be tailored to be extremely effective at one specific type of combat

4: A Sister Repentia would make for some intense melee combat scenes as well as quite a bit of internal conflict

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AusGre

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Alrighty, I took the latter option and decided to try my hand at the Adeptus Sororitas. Hopefully, this character is cool enough for you all. :)

Sister Repentia Theresa Liranas

"Once, I dawned the armor of the Adeptus Sororitas with great pride. Now, I shame all who would call themselves Sisters of Battle." - Sister Repentia Theresa Liranas

Physical Details
"Part vampire, part warrior, carnivore and voyeur."-Tool, Vicarious
Height: 5'7''
Weight: 169 lbs.
Eye Color: Hazel (Right)/Faded Hazel (Left)
Hair Color: Black/Grey

Physical Description: Theresa is a tall women with a slender frame around her very well toned body. Showing muscle girth in almost all reaches of her body, she stands as well as any other Adeptus Sororitas, perhaps even moreso than her sisters. Her skin has the pigment of a lightly tanned body, showing sometime in the reaches of many a worlds. Her body is marked with the literature of the Ecclesiarchy, not tattooed on her flesh but scorched into the very skin of her body. The scriptures run from the base of her neck down to the base of her naval, wrapping around to her back and all around her torso and arms. A small bit more is branded into the sides of her thighs, the stench of burned flesh still graces her to this day. Along those writings of the Ecclesiarchy is the ever present reminder of lacerations to her flesh and the brutish appearance of iron-stamped Adeptus Sororitas Symbols inside her flesh, down her shoulder blades and through her shoulders to rest at the top of her breasts. Her face, is rather scarred aside from the massive claw mark that stretches from the base of her forehead, across her left eye and ending at the tip of her jawline. She wears little makeup, save for the unrefined look of black mascara around her eyes and black lipstick. Her hair, reaches down to the base of her brain stem, one side is completely shaven off while the other side dangles from the right side of her face. Small bits of gray hair poke through the remainder of her night sky skull.

Theresa graces her nosferatu-like body with simple clothing, no longer does she wear the appointed armor of the Adeptus Sororitas. She instead dawns what looks to be a scarlet red dyed-grox skin robe, horrendously stitched and rather vile looking. Her head is protected by a patch-job hood, that is sewn into the shoulders of her robe. The sleeves extend to her elbow and cut off with several small chains gripping the symbol of the Imperium of Man, the other sleeve is the same except for it holds the symbol of the Imperial Guard. Extending down to her ankle, the grox skin robe is tattered with plates of rusted metal held onto the sides of her robe and the front of her robe by small strands of chains that flow from her leather belt. Her belt dawns the symbol of a broken Eight Pronged Star of Chaos, with scrolls of imperial history dangling from her belt, pressed in by metal studs that are bloodstained. One thing still holds true to her previous Adeptus Sororitas armor, the metal greavers and boots that are set for the appointed power armor.

Allegiance: Although in self appointed exile, she would still consider herself a part of the Adeptus Sororitas, the Sisters of Battle.

From the Personal Logs of Drill Abbot Detric Hallos
"It kills me not to know this but I've all but just forgotten what the color of her eyes were and her scars or how she got them."-Savior, Rise Against

Recently, a young woman has come into our possessions in the Schola Progenium. She is a fine young woman, barely coming of age to participate in a battle. What interests me about this young woman, is the details in which she came to the Schola Progenium. Theresa Liranas, had come from a prestigious noble family located within the grand realm of Holy Terra and with in the small time she had been inside of her family, she had shown an intellect above that of a youngster and was almost something of a prodigy in her family. From the records, she had been on the eye of the Ordos of the Imperium, an astounding accomplishment for one so young. The Emperor did not intend for her path to be of the Inquisitors, just yet for she had been placed on a ship to the planet of Cadia to be placed in a Cadian Officer School, but due to a Warp Shield failure and the contamination of the ship she had been exposed to the horrendous energies of the Warp. Her mind was plagued by visions of the realm of Chaos and voices stirred inside of her, like that of the Machine Spirit's Techno-priests and the insanity had drove her nearly over the edge.

When the ship was pulled from the Warp Travel, she was rescued by an Apostate that had been traveling on the ship as well. Her mind pulled from the brink, the apostate was found and sentenced to the Black Ships of the Inquisition. While she was returned to her family on Holy Terra and once at her residence in Holy Terra her parents had become furious with what had happened to her, they believed she was now the host of daemons. Banishing her from their family, she was placed inside the Schola Progenium, firstly to see if the corruption had taken a firm place inside her mind, blessings by the Emperor it had not. She was then placed inside the program for the Adeptus Sororitas, the Sisters of Battle. As I said, this has all recently happened, I am anticipating her progress within the Schola Progenium. My faith in her abilities is only outweighed by my devotion to the Emperor himself. Theresa has made vast progress since I last made note about her, all those years ago. Surpassing most of her peers with her dedication to the teachings of the Ecclesiarchy and her determination to master the art of war with her own two hands. I have trained her myself and I anxious to see her role within the Adeptus Sororitas, I know she will make a fine sister and may even gain the promise of an inquisitorial position that she has been seeking since her youth. May the Emperor bless every step of hers.

A Synopsis of Theresa Liranas' Self Appointed Exile and The Repentia
"Only the insane may prosper. Only those who prosper, may judge what is sane."

The Drill Abbot was correct about Theresa Liranas and her prowess inside the Adeptus Sororitas, she quickly followed her sister peers and made herself a place in the order. Praised for her tactical mind and her prowess in combat, she was on the verge of being granted the title of Sister Superior. While participating in a battle on the planet of Khronus against the legions of the Chaos Space Marines, she encountered a daemonic artifact and took hold of it, wishing to use it's power against the forces of Chaos like those radicals within the Imperium. Instead, her body had been possessed by the very artifact and had slaughtered a number of sisters and Imperial Guardsmen. Fighting against the artifact had taken the gaze of the daemon spirit, long enough for members of the Adeptus Sororitas to bind her body and bring her mind back to the edge of insanity. She was sentenced to death as soon as she was free of the spirit, but through careful negotiations she managed to convince her judges to allow an exile and the position of Sister Repentia on her name. Her judges excepted and she vowed to redeem herself in the eyes of Emperor, to be graced by his blessing once again. Firstly by burning the corruption from her body by the holy flames and teachings of the Ecclesiarchy into her very flesh.

Although, unlike her Sisters Repentia. She does not wish to gain forgiveness through a glorious death in battle, she wishes to move from the position of Sister Repentia and passed the Adeptus Sororitas to the very steps of the Inquisition itself. She wishes to become an Inquisitor and prove that those with the will of the Emperor can overcome corruption and insanity.

Stats Before War Gear

Health: 6
Attack: 6
Accuracy: 7
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 10
Defense: 6
Perception: 6
Stealth: 3
Luck: 0

War Gear

Eviscerator (3pts) (+6 Attack vs All Enemies)
Exterminator (3pts) (Single Ranged Attack; 5 vs Infantry/2 vs Vehicles)
Carapace Armor (3pts) (+3 Defense)
Righteous Fury (4pts) (+2 Attack, +2 Agility, +5 Health)

4 Points Remaining

Stats After War Gear

Health: 11 (Righteous Fury +5)
Attack: 8 (Righteous Fury +2/Eviscerator 14 vs All Enemies)
Ranged Attack: (Exterminator;5 vs Infantry/2 vs Vehicles)
Accuracy: 7
Agility: 8 (Righteous Fury +2)
Intelligence: 10
Defense: 9 (Carapace Armor +3)
Perception: 6
Stealth: 3
Luck: 0

Urbanzorro

She looks good, character approved. I'll send you a pm with how we will work her in ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AusGre

TheDon

'fraid that's going to be my last post for the next week, guys. Next time I'll be by a computer will be next wednesday (GMT), hopefully you won't need to move on without me before then.

Don
Enjoy writing, here to learn more!