News:

Main Menu

The Superbowl!

Started by Aiden, February 03, 2011, 11:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: Will on February 04, 2011, 02:43:13 PM
Alright, I think I'm over the Super Bowl now.  We just got several more inches of snow on top of the ice already present, and things are kind of at a standstill.  Most resources are committed to the area around Cowboys Stadium, for obvious reasons, which means that only the most traveled roadways outside of that area are being cleared.  Yayyyyyy Super Bowl. -_-

And they're still short on some resources:  http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Dallas-faces-stripper-shortage-before-Super-Bowl-XLV-012711
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Will on February 04, 2011, 02:43:13 PM
Alright, I think I'm over the Super Bowl now.  We just got several more inches of snow on top of the ice already present, and things are kind of at a standstill.  Most resources are committed to the area around Cowboys Stadium, for obvious reasons, which means that only the most traveled roadways outside of that area are being cleared.  Yayyyyyy Super Bowl. -_-
Ice and snow has been sliding off the roof of the stadium.  Six stadium workers were injured, one critically.

Quote from: Oniya on February 04, 2011, 04:43:09 PM
And they're still short on some resources:  http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Dallas-faces-stripper-shortage-before-Super-Bowl-XLV-012711
Figures FOX would have a story like that. :P

Oniya

Actually, I saw it on TMZ first - I still thought it was funny.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Apple of Eris

Quote from: Alika Luminos on February 04, 2011, 12:57:43 AM
*stirs a little Ex-lax into Apple's super bowl snackies*  ;D

Cruel! :P
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Rhys

Go Packers!

That said, I expect it to be a good game. And the Steelers could win it. But having lived in Wisconsin my entire life, I know where my loyalties lie. ^_^
O's and O's

My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation ~Jane Austen

Aiden

Ok, time to post your favorite super bowl commercials ever!

Here is mine.

Terry Tate Office Linebacker

Beguile's Mistress

Will

Quote from: Aiden on February 04, 2011, 07:50:48 PM
Ok, time to post your favorite super bowl commercials ever!

Here is mine.

Terry Tate takes it all for me.  I love that whole series of commercials they did.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Alika Luminos

Nico

Oh yes, the commercial is great!  XD

Cassiopeia

Ahhh Super Bowl Coomercials ... how I love thee!  That Vader one is completely brilliant  ;D  I still like these, though they apparently creep my friend out -

Etrade: Talking Baby - Super Bowl XLII Ad

E*TRADE Singing Baby updated 2/19/10

Aether

The efficiency linebacker is hilarious.

This one made me cry though.

Herding Cats

Phobetor

http://www.spike.com/video/snickers-betty-white/3328240
"That's not what your girlfriend said!" Ha! Love Betty White!

Can I just say I'm GLAD the Super Bowl is here in Texas and the Cowboys AREN'T playing? *Snickers* And personally...I'm rootin' for Green Bay but it's for purely selfish reasons which if I were to mention everyone would tell me to shut up.
...I want them to win without Favre.
Tee-hee.
<3
*runs away!!*
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Oniya

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on February 05, 2011, 09:30:07 AM
*Snickers* And personally...I'm rootin' for Green Bay but it's for purely selfish reasons which if I were to mention everyone would tell me to shut up.

I wouldn't. 

WyldRanger

Having grown up a long time Green Bay fan (mainly due to my realitive close proxmity to Green Bay...and the fact that the Lions have never been exactly an ideal franchise  ::) ), AND having the opportunity to always watch the Steelers for years and years (even during the relative down times in the late 80's), I'm actually torn between the two. I think I shall root for whoever makes a great play and enjoy the game for once. :)

Beguile's Mistress

TROY-A-SAURUS REX…he eats CHEESEHEADS for breakfast !! 

GO STEELERS!!!

The Art Institute of Pittsburgh … new dinosaur outfit – Troy-a-saurus Rex

Sweet Trouble

I am quite happy that neither the Bears or the Cowboys made it... I don't have a particiular like either of those teams and don't mind seeing them get stomped into the mud any time they step on the field.
Yes, I am in Louisiana and do like the Saints but I dont' favor them over any other team. I just don't have a favorite anymore. What I do when I watch is root for the underdog.... so that will have me pulling for the Cheese Heads this year.

Apple of Eris

But the Packers are favored...
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

TheLovelyMaid

My Bears are out, and being a Bears fan, I'll naturally root for anyone who is NOT the Packers.

I'm hosting a small gathering tomorrow afternoon, the order at BWW is in, the fridge is stocked with beer.  Let's get ready for some football!

Sweet Trouble

The Packers may be "favored" but statistically the Packer are 13-6 and and the Steelers are 14-4.

DGblitz

Bah, I'm stuck working until an hour before the game. However, sick and all, I'll be in front of a tv come game time, even if all I can drink is tea and orange juice.

And as someone born and raised in and around the 'burgh, I'll have my Terrible Towel, and be rooting on the Steelers. And really, does Green Bay need the win? The trophy is named after a former Green Bay coach after all. They had him, and still have that bragging right, surely we can have the trophy?  :P
...I'm working on it; I'll have one when I'm able to put some thought into it

DG's ONs & OFFs

Alika Luminos

Quote from: TheLovelyMaid on February 05, 2011, 06:54:04 PM
My Bears are out, and being a Bears fan, I'll naturally root for anyone who is NOT the Packers.

I'm hosting a small gathering tomorrow afternoon, the order at BWW is in, the fridge is stocked with beer.  Let's get ready for some football!

I'm with you on that.

However, that being said...that game pretty much kicked ass even if the damn Cheeseheads won. >.<

(They played well)

(I'll deny I said that until the day I die)

(Quoters of this post may mysteriously disappear)

(That is all)

Beguile's Mistress

They're still my team.  I'm still proud to be a citizen of the Steeler Nation.

Aiden

They put up a good fight, was a great game. I was on the edge of my seat in those final minutes hoping for that come back and I am not an avid fan of either side.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Alika Luminos on February 04, 2011, 10:55:45 PM
*cackles* Dun mess with my Bears!

I like this commercial. Heeeee

Volkswagen Commercial: The Force

Hahahaha... I love it. The only thing interesting to me about the Superbowl is the commercials and the food.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences