C'est La Guerre. (That's War) - F/F Light Historical

Started by Chrystal, July 04, 2011, 02:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

TAKEN

Hi All. Chrystal here again with another story idea.

Offering this to everyone, because while I love RPing with the people I RP with regularly, I do like a change every so often.

The Setting:

Autumn 1940, Paris, Occupied France. World War Two is in full swing. The Germans are the Masters of Europe. Only Britain still resists the Nazis. The USSR is still ostensibly allied to Germany following the invasion of Poland, and the USA has yet to enter the war.

Although France has capitulated, brave men and women fight on. Deemed to be terrorists by the occupying Germans, they are the French Resistance. They blow up bridges, ambush patrols, hide British (and later American) airmen who are shot down, or who escape from POW camps. They risk being shot by the Wermacht every day, or worse, being tortured by the Gestapo. They gather intelligence and pass it to the British, and shelter the British SOE agents who parachute into France to assist them.

The Characters:

Two women in the French Resistance. Their husbands have both been arrested and shot and the two widows, who don't actually know each other, both turn up at the resistance hide-out at the same time - their respective husbands have told them where it is and that if anything happens to the men, the women should go there to hide. Unfortunately, the entire resistance cell has been broken, and only the two women are left.

The plot:

First of all, the entire RP will be conducted in English... We will use different coloured text to indicate different languages being spoken. I would suggest normal black text for French (The language spoken by the two main characters), blue for English, and red for German.

The story starts with both women fleeing their homes on getting the news that their husbands have been arrested.

They find each other at the hide-out, but no-one else is there. They wait, but when no one shows up, they get nervous and leave, taking as much of the equipment and weapons with them as they can. They move it to a new location. As they are coming back for a third load, they see the Germans raiding the hideaway. Obviously someone talked under the gentle touch of the Gestapo!

The plot develops with the two of them learning about each other, deciding to continue the work of their husbands, developing their strengths, learning their weaknesses, and of course, developing a weakness for each other!

Depending on how it goes, we can end the story with either a happy ending - they escape to England, or a sad ending - they get caught and sent to a concentration camp, or shot. Or if we can keep it up long enough, we can end the story with the D-Day landings in 1944!

Player Requirements:

Essential: Someone who is a history buff and interested in WWII.
Essential: Someone interested in a LONG term role play, spanning up to four years of game time.
Preffered: A female player.
Preffered: An experienced player.

PM me or reply here if interested?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!