Classic X-Men (Openings for Canon's Coming! OCs Welcome! LGBT Friendly!)

Started by LunarSage, August 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Quote from: Idariel on September 01, 2011, 12:26:52 AM
I would be interested in attempting Jubilee, if that is still open? Kolbe thought she might be! I will work up a character sheet if she is still available! :)

You are most welcome to join us.  She has a sheet already worked up in the approved thread if you want to take a look.  If there's anything on the sheet that you wish to change, let me know.  Just so you know though, one of the original characters being played (by myself) is her half brother Kane, who goes by Force.  You might want to check out his sheet and history as well since it relates to Jubes.  :-)

Quote from: Muse on September 01, 2011, 01:56:08 AM
Hi folks, may I join in the fun? 

I'd like to audition for the rolls of either Beast or Nightcrawler (the original Clearmont interpretation, faithful but not a priest) and an original female character that I'll come up with soon if you have room? 

Sure thing!  Work up a sheet based on the sheet coded on the first post of this thread and send it my way.

Quote from: Major Major on September 01, 2011, 06:00:44 AM
I too am considering joining; with an original male character of my own devising.

Welcome aboard.  ;D

Just work up a sheet and send it our way.

Remember everyone... send the sheet to me, Josietta and EbonyQueen since we all discuss approvals. 

With that though, I'm going to close recruitment for the time being.  All those who have expressed their interest up to this point are in, but I think we're going to have more than enough players to start.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

tcost

I understand that recruitment is closed for the time being.  If there is a waitlist, though, I'd like to be on it.
I prefer justice to irony.

LunarSage

Sorry it took me so long to notice this, tcost.  Right now I'd like to limit recruitment to canon characters if at all.  Let me know who you're interested in playing and perhaps down the road you can bring in a custom character as well.

tcost

Thanks for the response.  I'd be happy to volunteer for any of the following cannon characters, roughly in order of preference:

Charles Xavier (though you might prefer to keep him an NPC, I would love to play him)

Hank McCoy (presumably the furry blue model, but the original version would be okay too;  he had a long term relationship with Vera that ended badly, perhaps when he changed forms, and would be what, about 31 now?)

Doug Ramsey (didn't die on schedule, about the same age as Kitty, maybe a year older)

Sebastian Shaw, head of the Hellfire Club, looking to protect mutants from the Sentinels and other threats but not looking to bring on World War III.  If you want to leave Sebastian as an NPC, then perhaps another Hellfire Club male such as Harry Leland (who would have survived the fight with Pierce).

While I have a concept for an original, I'll keep that for when those ideas are sought. 
I prefer justice to irony.

LunarSage

Out of all those, Beast would likely work best.

He's the big blue gorilla variety at the moment.  :-)

Check out the history included here to get an idea of the past three years of history for this game.

LunarSage

I've decided to reopen the interest thread for this game.  The canon characters available are listed on the first post of this thread, and you're always welcome to create your own original character.  I only ask that you abide by our rule of one OC and one Canon Character per player.  Please let us know if you're interested in this thread.  :-)

Love And Submission

Having just started reading the X Men Books again ( Wolverine and The X-Men and Uncanny X-Men). I'm really interested in this. My question is though , Do we have to be a breed mutant or can we create someone like Omega Sentinel/Karima Shapandar whose not actually a mutant but someone granted powers through nanotechnology?

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

LunarSage

I would prefer a Breed Mutant.  Remember we're using the continuity as of the 90s Jim Lee era. 

We'd love to have you make a character though.  :-)

Kokaine

Hmm... Someone put a bug in my ear about this game a while ago but you were closed at the time...  all my favorite canon characters are taken but I might be interested in creating an OC if you'll have me.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aemirys

You know I've been keeping my eye on this thread for a while now but I don't think I've ever put myself forwarding in expressing my interest.........

::puts herself forward::
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

LunarSage

Certainly!  Go ahead and whip up a sheet and send it to me, Josietta and EbonyQueen.  :-)

We would absolutely love having you, Kokaine! 

As an OC you could be a student or an established X-Man.  It's up to you.  Remember, don't be afraid to be super. 

Aemirys:  You as well!  ;D

We'd love to have you!

kckolbe

By the way, feel free to coordinate with current players when working backgrounds.  I'm playing Banshee, and he has more than a few unaccounted for years in his lifetime.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Josietta

We would love to have you both indeed!

Please do PM us with your concept ideas before you fill out a complete sheet so we can make sure its all okay before you spend too much time on something you may have to change. Also if you need help on picking powers or what not for and original character, do feel free to ask. LunarSage is an expert on character powers and such.

Make sure to read over the history included here to get an idea of the past three years of history for this game.

You can find a listing for the fighting and strength tables here.

Any other information or questions you may have or need answered feel free to pop a PM over and we'll be happy to work with you. :) 

We have a great group of writers and role-players amongst us and look forward to adding to that!

Remember we are a free form a game the stats included, such as fighting and strength, are just for character concept's sake so that we can measure how you'd do in Danger Room sessions and actual plot combat. :)

If you'd like to look over sample sheets of PCs already in play, feel free to check out our Approved Character Sheets.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kokaine

Awesome ^^ Will spend a little time reading and exploring before I start the creating anything.

Also, do you have a preference for a male or female character? I'm cool with either if you're looking to balance things, otherwise I'll just go with whatever comes to me.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Josietta

I think another male would help but either is acceptable! 

EDIT: actually glancing over the current list and incoming, we do have an even or close to even amount so either will work equally.  :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Idariel

Quote from: Kokaine on November 17, 2011, 07:31:51 AM
Hmm... Someone put a bug in my ear about this game a while ago but you were closed at the time...  all my favorite canon characters are taken but I might be interested in creating an OC if you'll have me.

oo yay Lady Kaine!! <3
"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

Box

-Prepares for the hail of jokes-

Can... I play Pixie? With or without the awesome upgraded souldagger. She's just so awesome... and that teleport spell. Not to mention the weirdness of her family! Of course, Pixie at age.. You know. 16-18ish, as per site rules.
Or perhaps Blindfold.
Le'Kinks (As a quick reference, that is!)
On/Off Thread
Solo ideas/Some Group ideas
And: A bunny (/(o.o))

LunarSage

I'm hesitant to allow Pixie or any other more recent character for a couple reasons... one, the continuity we have is set up as of when Xavier had just come back from the Shi'ar a year ago.  Two, I'm not positive but I think I may have denied such a request in the past for this game.  (Not for Pixie, but for more recent characters like her)  To be honest I'm more concerned about the second reason than the first (we can always have her be an older version of her as you said)... so I'm going to ask the current players what they think.  If no one seems to mind, I'll give you the green light, but if anyone objects it'll be a no. 

That said, even if Pixie is a no-go (and she might be ok, we'll see), you're still more than welcome to play an original character.  We'd love to RP with you.  :-)

Box

That's just fine with me! If there are objections, there's a good chance I'll probably just make an original character and figure a way to tie her in.

I figured Pixie may be allowed in because, while she is a *newer* character, her father is Mastermind - whom has been around since the 60's I believe. :D

Edit: If there are objections, I would really dig playing a deadpool, too. Though he is more of an anti-hero/villian. Or, perhaps, Multiple Man? As a female... I just remembered he was around as a side character.
On/Off Thread

LunarSage

You could always make a female OC with powers similar to Multiple Man.

I always thought this was a cool idea for powers, personally.  Imagine this...

She's super strong (say Class 50 Strength) normally.  Then if she splits into two of herself, they each have Class 10 Strength.  Four of herself each have the ability to lift 1 ton.  8 of herself can lift 800 lbs.  16 of herself can lift 400 lbs and 32 of herself have normal human strength for her build.

Just an idea.   :-)

Pumpkin Seeds

Box

Bahaha.. She is! Plus I can steal multiple mans awesome personality and mortal kombat-esque move... Where he makes a copy of himself inside someone. xD
On/Off Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Box

It's true! In the comics he put his hand in someones mouth - and then duplicated himself and made them explode. How awesome of a threat is that?

"GIVE ME YOUR WALLET
"Hold on. Lets do an experiment. Open your mouth.."

Ker-splode!
On/Off Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Sounds like you have a winner there for an original character at least.