Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter.

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 13, 2012, 10:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

The intro video has an important sign displayed at around 1:40 or so.. well to those of us who have longed loved the game. :D

Etah dna Evol

- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

AllieCat

yaya.

One last goal to make, doubt they'll reach it (physical adepts at 1.75 million)

Callie Del Noire

sigh.. wish I wasn't broke. I like their USB tag.

Silverfyre

Same here.  But, I think this project will happen.  Heh.

Callie Del Noire

still PHYSICAL ADEPTS would have been cool.

Chris Brady

I wonder what timeline/rules system they're using for this version of the video game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

AllieCat

Ruleset based off 3E apparently, and timeline following on from the SNES/Genesis games (they promised free DLC to backers that would tie up those two games with further storyline)..

They're even making a "Shadowrun 2050" RPG book for playing that era's games in 4A.

edit: oooh, PhysAds may happen! They're only 90K from the goal for PhysAds (1.75 Mil) with 31 hours to go, and I think they also had about 25K in PayPal from people who couldn't use Kickstarter (for example, folks overseas)

Volcodom

PhysaAds are happening, donated 60 bucks to this one because I needed that docwagon card. Now I need to invent that fast forward time button so we can have this beast asap.

-Ha! Fraggin' Ha!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Volcodom on April 28, 2012, 04:38:57 PM
PhysaAds are happening, donated 60 bucks to this one because I needed that docwagon card. Now I need to invent that fast forward time button so we can have this beast asap.

-Ha! Fraggin' Ha!

I would have.. but I gave my budgeted amount for the quarter to 'good causes'. Mine was the Atomic Robo animated series and the Wasteland sequel. If there had been a few more days.. I'd have donated at least enough for a free download.

Chris Brady

Quote from: AllieCat on April 27, 2012, 05:59:40 PM
Ruleset based off 3E apparently, and timeline following on from the SNES/Genesis games (they promised free DLC to backers that would tie up those two games with further storyline)..

They're even making a "Shadowrun 2050" RPG book for playing that era's games in 4A.

edit: oooh, PhysAds may happen! They're only 90K from the goal for PhysAds (1.75 Mil) with 31 hours to go, and I think they also had about 25K in PayPal from people who couldn't use Kickstarter (for example, folks overseas)

I still have my 3e books somewhere too.  AWESOME!  I wish I could help, but I'll have to wait until release.  I need all my money to live on...

(At least this is better than the 40 a month I used to have.  Now I have 40 a week.  Believe me the difference that makes...)

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Chris Brady

Apologies for the double post, but I think Physical Adepts are a GO!

They hit 1.8 million when they closed the doors.

Callie Del Noire

I've been playing around with Hero Lab: Shadowrun all weekend to celebrate it. :D

Been playing around with a LOT of archetypes.. :D Still can't design a rigger I like yet.

TentacleFan

I got in on this one too. Voted for Hong Kong in the second city poll. Was disappointed we couldn't have somewhere in Tir Tairngire as an option to vote for though. I opted for the level with the physical copy of the game and all 3 t-shirts because I liked all the designs they had to choose from. It was great timing for this Kickstarter as one of my roleplay groups was in the midst of it's latest Shadowrun campaign just then. Can't wait to see the finished game. I've been playing Shadowrun since second edition and love it, third, and fourth.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TentacleFan on May 11, 2012, 10:00:32 PM
I got in on this one too. Voted for Hong Kong in the second city poll. Was disappointed we couldn't have somewhere in Tir Tairngire as an option to vote for though. I opted for the level with the physical copy of the game and all 3 t-shirts because I liked all the designs they had to choose from. It was great timing for this Kickstarter as one of my roleplay groups was in the midst of it's latest Shadowrun campaign just then. Can't wait to see the finished game. I've been playing Shadowrun since second edition and love it, third, and fourth.

I had fun Hero Lab this week while my hayfever kicked my ass. A Troll Physical Adept is fun.. Martial Artist/Throwing Master.

TentacleFan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 11, 2012, 10:04:46 PM
I had fun Hero Lab this week while my hayfever kicked my ass. A Troll Physical Adept is fun.. Martial Artist/Throwing Master.

Sounds like fun. I've spent many an afternoon making characters for various systems, often never to even be played/used in a game. I have been considering getting Hero Labs Shadowrun set. I use the Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Edition set all the time to make characters.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TentacleFan on May 11, 2012, 10:22:30 PM
Sounds like fun. I've spent many an afternoon making characters for various systems, often never to even be played/used in a game. I have been considering getting Hero Labs Shadowrun set. I use the Mutants & Masterminds 2nd Edition set all the time to make characters.

I got Pathfinder, SR4, MM 2 & 3 and CoC on it

TentacleFan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 12, 2012, 12:12:38 AM
I got Pathfinder, SR4, MM 2 & 3 and CoC on it

My groups haven't taken to Pathfinder, at least not yet. I have the Beginner Box and one of my players has the core book and is at least somewhat interested in trying it out in the future.

Shadowrun will likely be my next purchase for Hero Lab. It is especially useful for point based systems I find. It would be nice if they had a GURPS version, though most of my books are 3rd rather than 4th edition for that system.

I opted to not update to M&M 3, keeping with 2nd Edition. I really love my 2nd Edition books and the ruleset. Do you play one or both and if so do you prefer the 2nd or 3rd edition?

As for CoC I don't think my group will switch to electronic chargen, we have a thing about making those characters gathered around a small table with only a lamp to light us as we make our characters and play. Good times.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TentacleFan on May 12, 2012, 12:19:20 AM
My groups haven't taken to Pathfinder, at least not yet. I have the Beginner Box and one of my players has the core book and is at least somewhat interested in trying it out in the future.

Shadowrun will likely be my next purchase for Hero Lab. It is especially useful for point based systems I find. It would be nice if they had a GURPS version, though most of my books are 3rd rather than 4th edition for that system.

I opted to not update to M&M 3, keeping with 2nd Edition. I really love my 2nd Edition books and the ruleset. Do you play one or both and if so do you prefer the 2nd or 3rd edition?

As for CoC I don't think my group will switch to electronic chargen, we have a thing about making those characters gathered around a small table with only a lamp to light us as we make our characters and play. Good times.

I got Mm3 before my book order came in. I much prefer MM2, particularly given I got almost every official book and a ton of 3rd party books in PDF.

TentacleFan

I did get a copy of the 3rd Edition M&M core book (and the DC version of the core book) but just don't see why I'd want to change editions. I do tend to collect superhero Rpgs in particular even though I only play M&M 2nd Ed and occasionally a little Icons for my supers games these days.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TentacleFan on May 16, 2012, 12:36:47 AM
I did get a copy of the 3rd Edition M&M core book (and the DC version of the core book) but just don't see why I'd want to change editions. I do tend to collect superhero Rpgs in particular even though I only play M&M 2nd Ed and occasionally a little Icons for my supers games these days.
True.. I don't like it as much as 2e.. but I understand why they did it...

Right now I'm trying to make a TK villian.. calling him Apex (as in Apex Predator)

TentacleFan

Going for the standard array of TK? Moving objects, force fields, maybe force bolts. Or have some special tricks in mind for them?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TentacleFan on May 16, 2012, 02:19:11 AM
Going for the standard array of TK? Moving objects, force fields, maybe force bolts. Or have some special tricks in mind for them?

Have you seen Chronicle?  Thinking a TK with massive powers.  Throwing trucks and stopping hearts.

Teo Torriatte

It is times like this when I wish I didn't have a three year old laptop. But its nice to see that they are making a Shadowrun game that isn't just a squad based fps. Now that game was pretty cool, it was just a disappointment as a Shadowrun game.

But whenever I get a new computer, I will be so all over this.

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.